Author Topic: Police Seize 49 Pairs Of Tennis Shoes  (Read 7938 times)

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
  • "No sir, the ball ain't heavy." - Herschel Walker
Police Seize 49 Pairs Of Tennis Shoes
« on: August 26, 2011, 12:34:28 PM »
Please speak on this. What is your thought of a 20-21 old college student who owns 49 pairs of tennis shoes? Is this normal? Inner-city thing? Race thing? Youth thing?

http://www.wdsu.com/r/28974912/detail.html
U

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Police Seize 49 Pairs Of Tennis Shoes
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2011, 12:39:20 PM »
Please speak on this. What is your thought of a 20-21 old college student who owns 49 pairs of tennis shoes? Is this normal? Inner-city thing? Race thing? Youth thing?

http://www.wdsu.com/r/28974912/detail.html
You've never heard of sneakerphiles? Check out Sole magazine, you'll see tons of people of diff races, people who collect sneakers...and have a shitload more than 49 pairs. Many are of diff colorways and rare finds. Sneakerphile just released their catalog of all of the Nike Series shoes that have been released...

Shoe Collecting...It's serious business.

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 12:48:44 PM »
white kid?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 12:59:05 PM »
You've never heard of sneakerphiles? Check out Sole magazine, you'll see tons of people of diff races, people who collect sneakers...and have a shitload more than 49 pairs. Many are of diff colorways and rare finds. Sneakerphile just released their catalog of all of the Nike Series shoes that have been released...

Parker, I need your help immediately.  What is the Adidas (originals) version of Puma California?  I'm going to the adidas store tomorrow morning, but I need to find out.  I can't find it anywhere. I know they had an identical shoe, minus the puma stripe obviously.
Deep Tissue Massage

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 01:09:24 PM »

It's about the gayest shit around...further evidence of the continued emasculation of America. 

In general, a real man is going to have:

work boots (1)
hiking boots (1)
athletic shoes (2-3 max)
dress shoes (2-3)
casual (1-2)

That's 10 pairs of shoes, tops, with a small allowance made for specialized professions or recreation.   

I grew up in the 'hood where nyggas would actually brag about how many pairs of sneakers they were able to acquire, thanks in large part to the fact that other people were working to provide them with food stamps.

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2011, 01:15:16 PM »
I suppose a man is allowed to collect whatever his heart desires. Tennis shoes just seem odd to me. I rock a nice pair of dress and casual shoes just like the next guy but for a college kid to own 49 pairs of tennis shoes seems a bit excessive. We're not talking about total pairs of shoes he has - just tennis shoes. The authorities did not collect dress shoes - tennis shoes only. Anyhow, dude was arrested earlier this morning and his team opens up against another top 5 team next weekend.
U

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 01:21:47 PM »

Yup. I've got a buddy who collects 'em. He also collects the die-cast shit from the Pixar Cars' movies. He's a physician.  ::)     ;D

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 01:24:30 PM »
Yup. I've got a buddy who collects 'em. He also collects the die-cast shit from the Pixar Cars' movies. He's a physician.  ::)     ;D
"Collecting" them is one thing but my guess is that he actively wore these shoes. Like 50 years form now, they won't be sitting on a mantle somewhere or locked in a safe.
U

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 01:25:19 PM »
Parker, I need your help immediately.  What is the Adidas (originals) version of Puma California?  I'm going to the adidas store tomorrow morning, but I need to find out.  I can't find it anywhere. I know they had an identical shoe, minus the puma stripe obviously.
Actually my forte is weird ass Nike sneakers like Nike Air Rifts, but I have been searching since you asked, it's got my curiousity up, as I do remember what you are talking about
I suppose a man is allowed to collect whatever his heart desires. Tennis shoes just seem odd to me. I rock a nice pair of dress and casual shoes just like the next guy but for a college kid to own 49 pairs of tennis shoes seems a bit excessive. We're not talking about total pairs of shoes he has - just tennis shoes. The authorities did not collect dress shoes - tennis shoes only. Anyhow, dude was arrested earlier this morning and his team opens up against another top 5 team next weekend.

Dude was the QB for LSU right? Could be um, some "perks"? I had about 12 pairs of sneakers, and gave 4 pair away, as I haven't worn them in like yrs...most are  in new condition, and have been  a few times...
As i said I like the weird, aka "conversation piece" Nikes, and Reebok. Air Rifts, Reebok DMXs, Air Max 95s, Reebok Pumps, Adidas Sambas.  

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 01:25:58 PM »

because he had no dress shoes.  come on man, get with the program.
Deep Tissue Massage

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 01:27:43 PM »
Actually my forte is weird ass Nike sneakers like Nike Air Rifts, but I have been searching since you asked, it's got my curiousity up, as I do remember what you are talking about

my nike tail winds just ripped accross the top, and i would love to replace them with 92 pegasus', but the rain/snow's coming, and i need a pair that'll last me through the winter.  i was thinking about the samba millenium's as my backup.  the old school leather nike's are just a little too "vato loco" for me, but i'll look again to see if there's something that catches my eye.
Deep Tissue Massage

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 01:28:36 PM »
I have about 25 1/18 scale exotic cars, highly detailed...I used to get them from exoticar.com. They sold  everything from carbonfiber cars to F1 gear....  

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 01:34:49 PM »
my nike tail winds just ripped accross the top, and i would love to replace them with 92 pegasus', but the rain/snow's coming, and i need a pair that'll last me through the winter.  i was thinking about the samba millenium's as my backup.  the old school leather nike's are just a little too "vato loco" for me, but i'll look again to see if there's something that catches my eye.
I had a pair of Nike tailwinds and 92 Pegasus...I also had a pair of Diadora....Samba Milleniums are a good choice...I always wanted to get the Samba Hemps

my standards are some Nike Tuned Air and some Nike Shox...My Nike Free 5.0s tore at the heel, they are really fragile with thin material, but are comfortable. I really want another pair of Nike Air Prestos (dark blue, Carolina blue colorway).

BTW, you do remember I stated that I used to work at Footlocker in college?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 01:36:30 PM »
I have a friend who has an original pair of the Air Jordan's, in box, never worn...he bought and kept them all these years.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 01:40:21 PM »
I have a friend who has an original pair of the Air Jordan's, in box, never worn...he bought and kept them all these years.
Is that a collector's item, or rare?

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 01:42:10 PM »
I had a pair of Nike tailwinds and 92 Pegasus...I also had a pair of Diadora....Samba Milleniums are a good choice...I always wanted to get the Samba Hemps

my standards are some Nike Tuned Air and some Nike Shox...My Nike Free 5.0s tore at the heel, they are really fragile with thin material, but are comfortable. I really want another pair of Nike Air Prestos (dark blue, Carolina blue colorway).

BTW, you do remember I stated that I used to work at Footlocker in college?

ha ha Diadora. Are you a chain smoking Italian?  My wife has a pair of shox, and they held up nicely, but i just don't know how i feel about that whole spring look.  

I had a pair of the ACG version of the Tuned Air, forget what they were called, they were ugly as sin, but i got them for 30 bucks because they were some horrible puke green color.

I wear Vibrams when i run, so the most i'd go with Frees would be 3.0.  I can't see those holding up too well at work, so if i bought them, it'd be for running exclusively.

I may come off as some "urban youth", but when i was younger, i'd go through maybe one pair of shoes a year because i wasn't the wealthiest guy on the block.  So the last few years i've been playing catch up and wearing shoes that i missed out on during my youth, such as the tail winds and eventually pegasus' 92 (i saw a guy wearing a new pair of 93's the other day, i love those too).

So, i'm definitely a bitch in that regard, as i like a nice pair of shoes.  couldn't give less of a shit about dress shoes, but sneakers always get me.
Deep Tissue Massage

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
Deep Tissue Massage

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 01:44:43 PM »
How do keep a black guy from cashing his welfare check?

Hide it in his work boots

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 01:45:08 PM »

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 01:50:51 PM »
both.

go for $1000 or more:
Cripes. Learn something new, every day.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 01:54:47 PM »
Is that a collector's item, or rare?
yes, but the colorway is ugly...it's the nostalgia of the MJ era...
ha ha Diadora. Are you a chain smoking Italian?  My wife has a pair of shox, and they held up nicely, but i just don't know how i feel about that whole spring look.  

I had a pair of the ACG version of the Tuned Air, forget what they were called, they were ugly as sin, but i got them for 30 bucks because they were some horrible puke green color.

I wear Vibrams when i run, so the most i'd go with Frees would be 3.0.  I can't see those holding up too well at work, so if i bought them, it'd be for running exclusively.

I may come off as some "urban youth", but when i was younger, i'd go through maybe one pair of shoes a year because i wasn't the wealthiest guy on the block.  So the last few years i've been playing catch up and wearing shoes that i missed out on during my youth, such as the tail winds and eventually pegasus' 92 (i saw a guy wearing a new pair of 93's the other day, i love those too).

So, i'm definitely a bitch in that regard, as i like a nice pair of shoes.  couldn't give less of a shit about dress shoes, but sneakers always get me.
Funny thing is, I've never owned a pair of Jordans, when I was in HS,  all the ones that came out were too expensive, and I couldn't see spending that much cash on a pair of shoes (well, my parents couldn't and didn't approve). And Because everybody later on would eventually get them, I still can't justify paying 150-200 for a pair of sneakers that will wear out---or that i will look at. Therefore, all sneakers are gotten on sale or on ebay.
At footlocker, whatever shoes that I want, I would hide my size in back stock room (still within the shoes Series) and when they went on the lowest sale, i would buy them with my discount.

Most people would get shoes and not really try them on. Every new interesting shoe that came out, I tried them on prior to putting them on display, plus I new on the specs.

Diadoras, man them and Filas

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 01:55:20 PM »
How do keep a black guy from cashing his welfare check?

Hide it in his work boots
Around here, it's where do you hide an (Native) Indian's paycheck?  

/told to me by an ojibwe. he had 00's of them.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 01:59:16 PM »
yes, but the colorway is ugly...it's the nostalgia of the MJ era...Funny thing is, I've never owned a pair of Jordans, when I was in HS,  all the ones that came out were too expensive, and I couldn't see spending that much cash on a pair of shoes (well, my parents couldn't and didn't approve). And Because everybody later on would eventually get them, I still can't justify paying 150-200 for a pair of sneakers that will wear out---or that i will look at. Therefore, all sneakers are gotten on sale or on ebay.
At footlocker, whatever shoes that I want, I would hide my size in back stock room (still within the shoes Series) and when they went on the lowest sale, i would buy them with my discount.

Most people would get shoes and not really try them on. Every new interesting shoe that came out, I tried them on prior to putting them on display, plus I new on the specs.

Diadoras, man them and Filas

I had a pair of Grant Hill Filas.  Up to that point they were the most expensive shoes i ever had; i think i paid $40 for them because they were half off (one of those sales where it was the last size left or whatever).

eventually i got a pair of Jordans; i got the patent leather ones (i think it was either the summer of 96 or 97), mid tops.  i was so happy;  they weren't comfortable at all, but they were jordans.

Deep Tissue Massage

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 02:22:15 PM »
I had a pair of Grant Hill Filas.  Up to that point they were the most expensive shoes i ever had; i think i paid $40 for them because they were half off (one of those sales where it was the last size left or whatever).

eventually i got a pair of Jordans; i got the patent leather ones (i think it was either the summer of 96 or 97), mid tops.  i was so happy;  they weren't comfortable at all, but they were jordans.

Grant Hill had a pair of Nikes that he wore his senior yr at Duke, they had a strap that went up his calf, and a see thru air cushion---you could see it thru the underside of the heel, and it faded back to the bottom of the heel. I forgot the name of that shoe, but that has been my Holy Grail of shoes, as is the Ostrich Leather Nike Air Rifts with ankle strap. And the first Nike Air Rifts, which were lace ups. Nike Air Hurache running shoes as well, Reebok Insta-Pump  Jackie Chan Colorway running shoes. 

JimmyJam1974

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2011, 02:57:01 PM »
Yes, he was supposed to be the starter at QB this year for LSU.
U