Author Topic: Beck: Hurricane is a ‘blessing’  (Read 2317 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Beck: Hurricane is a ‘blessing’
« on: August 26, 2011, 08:51:39 PM »
As most of the East Coast hunkers down to wait for Hurricane Irene, radio host Glenn Beck wants them to see the storm as a blessing.

“Warning! Warning! We are headed for global disruption in food,” Beck proclaimed on Friday. “I asked you two weeks ago, how many warnings do you think you’re going to get, and how many warnings do you deserve? … This hurricane’s that is coming through [is a warning] … for anyone who’s in the East Coast and has been listening to me say, ‘Food storage! Be prepared!’”

As Mediaite explains, “Beck has been talking up the need to stockpile supplies due to what he sees as a coming ‘global disruption in food.’”

Last October, however, Business Insider commented on the commercial relationship which appears to be behind Beck’s crusade for food preparedness. “You may have heard about Beck’s relationship with Goldline International, which urges people to buy gold and stay safe from the supposed inevitable devaluing of the dollar,” the website noted. “Now meet Food Insurance, which sells survival kits of freeze-dried food and other items to help people live from two weeks to 12 months, depending on the plan purchased (and post-apocalyptic conditions). Beck has promoted the company’s products, is featured prominently on the company’s website, and a banner ad for the company, bearing Beck’s image, was spotted on his website Monday.”

Beck is no longer with Fox News, but his passion for food preparedness appears to be as strong as ever. “You’ve heard me say this for years. People have made fun of me,” he concluded on Friday. “If you’ve waited, this hurricane is a blessing. It is God reminding you — as was the earthquake last week — it’s God reminding you, you’re not in control. Things can happen. Be prepared!”

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: Beck: Hurricane is a ‘blessing’
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 07:59:23 AM »
Beck is a fool.  So are the tards that parrot him.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2011, 08:01:57 AM »
Beck is a fool.  So are the tards that parrot him.

cue 3333 to add yet another of his appreciation/adoration/infatuation threads

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 08:57:17 AM »
Sorry straw - unlike you I don't belive in disaster economics like krugman, I guess beck, and the other whackos.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 09:17:00 AM »
Sorry straw - unlike you I don't belive in disaster economics like krugman, I guess beck, and the other whackos.

once again you attribute something to me that I've never said

why don't you spend your 23 hours of daily posting speaking only for yourself and the various voices in your head

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 10:03:21 AM »
once again you attribute something to me that I've never said

why don't you spend your 23 hours of daily posting speaking only for yourself and the various voices in your head

Most of the times he does.  When he speaks to anyone else he usually get pwned mercilessly.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 12:02:25 PM »
Romney was polling at what, 3% at this point in 2007?

he let the bigger name repub lose, and now he's the frontrunner.

Huntsman isn't attached to romneycare and would be the perfect alternative to the tea party once its fervor dies down - and it appears that it is already.

he may be running for 2016.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2011, 12:10:13 PM »
Yeah dying down.   Keep telling yourself that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2011, 12:17:14 PM »
Yeah dying down.   Keep telling yourself that.

???

There are a lot of polls showing the Tea Party negatives rising, and their support down by 50% since the 2010 elections. 

http://www.google.com/#hl=en&cp=22&gs_id=1m&xhr=t&q=poll+shows+tea+support&pf=p&sclient=psy&safe=off&site=&source=hp&pbx=1&oq=poll+shows+tea+support&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&gs_sm=&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=cc373db09e2958f&biw=1106&bih=682

You can bury your head in the sand, or accept it's just part of the political process.  Parties, candidates and movements get wildly popular, and then they lose popularity.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 12:25:07 PM »
Most of the times he does.  When he speaks to anyone else he usually get pwned mercilessly.
i try to treat the big guy decently...sometimes. ;)
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 12:25:14 PM »
Lmao.   How is crist and carolyn kennedy doing these days? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 12:34:27 PM »
Lmao.   How is crist and carolyn kennedy doing these days? 

stop living in 2010, champ.

I just listed quite a few links to polls showing tea party support dropping in the last year.

so your events from 2010 are irrelevant here.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 12:54:51 PM »
Yeah - and bama has even worse ratings than he did last year.  He going to be like an anchor aronyd the ankle of every dem. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 01:14:54 PM »
i try to treat the big guy decently...sometimes. ;)

I usually give him the benefit of the doubt at the beginning of a thread until he starts veering off into crazy town (which usually doesn't take too long)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 02:38:35 PM »
Yeah - and bama has even worse ratings than he did last year.  He going to be like an anchor aronyd the ankle of every dem. 

but ii'm not sure obama lost 50% of his base in the last year.  Dropping from 50% to 38% isn't as big a fall as the Tea party made.

So yes, we're comparing flavors of dogshite now, but at least ya aren't denying the tea party is losing some supports.  good on ya mate.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2011, 02:39:47 PM »
but ii'm not sure obama lost 50% of his base in the last year.  Dropping from 50% to 38% isn't as big a fall as the Tea party made.

So yes, we're comparing flavors of dogshite now, but at least ya aren't denying the tea party is losing some supports.  good on ya mate.

You are really messed up in the head.   Seriously you live in an alternate universe. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2011, 04:13:26 PM »
You are really messed up in the head.   Seriously you live in an alternate universe. 

this is hilarious coming from you

btw - Rob is correct and there has been plenty of data provide on this board which you've, as always, simply chosen to ignore

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2011, 04:18:58 PM »
Good.  Keep buying into the msnbc 24 7 lie machine.  Should make for great laughter next year when the dems lose the senate and bama is sent packing. 

Remember you two had no clue how bad the midterms were going to be. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2011, 04:29:33 PM »
Good.  Keep buying into the msnbc 24 7 lie machine.  Should make for great laughter next year when the dems lose the senate and bama is sent packing. 

keep ignoring reality

ignore all the damage that teabaggers (governors and congress people) have done to this country since getting elected and ignore the fact that their own party hates them (yes teabaggers are mostly former Republicans)

the midterms don't draw out the same numbers as a Presidential election and, in case you haven't noticed or choose to ignore it, the Republican party hates the teabag element as much as the majority of americans hate them

I think it would be awesome if the Repubs ran a Perry/Bachman ticket but I doubt theyh will let that happen

btw - Perry is a fake tea bagger

Bachman is the real deal

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2011, 04:33:42 PM »
What percentage of people wanted the debt ceiling raised again? 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2011, 04:35:44 PM »
What percentage of people wanted the debt ceiling raised again?  

don't know and don't care

only an idiot would think that it shouldn't have been raised or that not raising it would not have been bad for the country

I don't expect you to understand that

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2011, 05:41:12 PM »

Actually he's at 44 percent, the 38% showed up for one day on the Gallup Poll only.  However, the Congressional Approval rate is 12.3%..... :P

Obama's ratings have only dropped but so has everyone else.
A

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2011, 05:53:48 PM »
What a nut job Beck is turning out to be.  No surprise.  I loved Cartman's impression of him.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2011, 06:51:26 PM »
It's also untrue that teabaggers are made up of independent, dems and repubs.

So what do Tea Partiers have in common? They are overwhelmingly white, but even compared to other white Republicans, they had a low regard for immigrants and blacks long before Barack Obama was president, and they still do.

More important, they were disproportionately social conservatives in 2006 — opposing abortion, for example — and still are today. Next to being a Republican, the strongest predictor of being a Tea Party supporter today was a desire, back in 2006, to see religion play a prominent role in politics. And Tea Partiers continue to hold these views: they seek “deeply religious” elected officials, approve of religious leaders’ engaging in politics and want religion brought into political debates. The Tea Party’s generals may say their overriding concern is a smaller government, but not their rank and file, who are more concerned about putting God in government.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/17/opinion/crashing-the-tea-party.html

http://tech.mit.edu/V131/N31/teaparty.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2011, 11:41:40 PM »

there are polls done by lots of different firms.  The tea party is less popular than it was a year ago.  This isn't a liberal lie.  it's a FACT, plain and simple. 

maybe obama sucks more, sure.  But you cannot claim it's a lie that the TP has lost some traction.  Hell, the rallies alone.. .they would get 300k to an event last year... this year they have 200 ppl showing up...