Author Topic: Fukushima  (Read 2094 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Fukushima
« on: August 27, 2011, 01:42:34 AM »
Ok, not sure if this is an actual conspiracy or just a whole lot of people trying to look the other way and pretend nothing is wrong.

But holy shit, if you look at the data and evidence of what happened, the shit is way worse than chernobyl.  

Yet the media gave this about as much time as they gave the earthqake in Haiti if that.  

But what has shocked me the most has been the public reaction, even from people on this board, they absoulutely don't want to talk about this, like they don't want to see it, pretend it isn't there, it didn't happen...  Maybe because in the back of their mind they think there isn't anything they can do about it anyway.

That kind of mentality that I've witnessed so fucking loud and clear on this makes me wonder a bit about other CT's and the way people accept extreme negative information and auto-deny-it... lol...

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Fukushima
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2011, 10:30:27 AM »
Specifically how do the stats compare?

What boggles my mind, is that in a country known for earthquakes and tsunamis they built a nuclear reactor next to the ocean.   

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2011, 03:31:01 AM »
shit, forgot about this, sorry.  

It's really hard to examine this by officially announced levels since they have over and over had to admit it's worse than they stated before and these "worse than" statements seem to keep coming....

Some of the radiation levels they last announced were pegged at the highest reading the instruments could measure so they just announced the highest reading not knowing really how high it is.

If you look at the amount of expended fuel rods that were stored above the reaction chambers, it doesn't take a genius to know that the amount of material posing a threat is greater than what was released at Chernobyl.

After Chernobyl, they actually went nuts on a goal of containment which meant using nitrogen under the chamber and burring that shit from the top.  On Fukushima, they should have taken lessons from what Russia did just like Michio Kaku suggested but they totally ignored that and opted for the, "it's not that bad" plan... ::)  typical for the Japanese, they still got that save face honor thing going on lol...

Now there are reports that the meltdown has reached the water table and some reports that highly radioactive steam vents are popping up around the plant.  If that is true, this thing is beyond saving.  It means we are going to have to deal with a year by year, year after year rain down of fallout from Japan.  That is an increase year after year of the isotopes that have longer life.  And it will grow even worse for Japan.

At a fucking minimun, our goddamned media could be talking about this more.  They treated this like it was an earthquake or hurricane when the fucking danger of this doesn't go away after a few weeks... WTF...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2011, 04:10:01 AM »

It's really hard to examine this by officially announced levels since they have over and over had to admit it's worse than they stated before and these "worse than" statements seem to keep coming....

Some of the radiation levels they last announced were pegged at the highest reading the instruments could measure so they just announced the highest reading not knowing really how high it is.

If you look at the amount of expended fuel rods that were stored above the reaction chambers, it doesn't take a genius to know that the amount of material posing a threat is greater than what was released at Chernobyl.

After Chernobyl, they actually went nuts on a goal of containment which meant using nitrogen under the chamber and burring that shit from the top.  On Fukushima, they should have taken lessons from what Russia did just like Michio Kaku suggested but they totally ignored that and opted for the, "it's not that bad" plan... ::)  typical for the Japanese, they still got that save face honor thing going on lol...

Now there are reports that the meltdown has reached the water table and some reports that highly radioactive steam vents are popping up around the plant.  If that is true, this thing is beyond saving.  It means we are going to have to deal with a year by year, year after year rain down of fallout from Japan.  That is an increase year after year of the isotopes that have longer life.  And it will grow even worse for Japan.

At a fucking minimun, our goddamned media could be talking about this more.  They treated this like it was an earthquake or hurricane when the fucking danger of this doesn't go away after a few weeks... WTF...

Apparently concerns are greater than they are letting on.
I hate the State.

w8m8

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 05:13:02 AM »

There's a thread on the General that shows how some people are not even taking this serious at all .. trust me .. it's useless to try and get some folks to open their eyes .. it's amazing to see how ignorant people prefer to be

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 05:47:31 AM »

There's a thread on the General that shows how some people are not even taking this serious at all .. trust me .. it's useless to try and get some folks to open their eyes .. it's amazing to see how ignorant people prefer to be

oh yea, I know... I posted half a dozen threads in political about this and nobody responded to shit.  All they wanted to talk about was how much Obama sucks lol...

this has really taught me a few things... Number one, Sci-fi disaster movies are wrong lol.  They depict people freaking out with an oncoming disaster...  In reality, I now think people would just ignore impending disaster like it wasn't there and just before being destroyed they would be asking their kids, "do you want jelly or honey on your peanut butter sandwich?"  Sad but probably true...

w8m8

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 06:31:37 AM »
oh yea, I know... I posted half a dozen threads in political about this and nobody responded to shit.  All they wanted to talk about was how much Obama sucks lol...

this has really taught me a few things... Number one, Sci-fi disaster movies are wrong lol.  They depict people freaking out with an oncoming disaster...  In reality, I now think people would just ignore impending disaster like it wasn't there and just before being destroyed they would be asking their kids, "do you want jelly or honey on your peanut butter sandwich?"  Sad but probably true...

I agree totally .. sometimes it's quite depressing and unnerving .. but I've come to the point that I just can't feel a bit of empathy or concern for the people who won't open their eyes or minds .. they deserve whatever comes their way .. as bad as it may be

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2011, 06:55:27 PM »
I usually have an interest in things like this, but I've skimmed over this "Fukushima" thread a million times.  Not sure why though...