Author Topic: Drinking two soft drinks a week can double the risk of cancer  (Read 10753 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Drinking two soft drinks a week can double the risk of cancer
« on: August 27, 2011, 05:15:57 AM »
Feb. 8, 2010 -- Drinking as little as two soft drinks a week appears to nearly double the risk of getting pancreatic cancer, according to a new study.

''People who drank two or more soft drinks a week had an 87% increased risk -- or nearly twice the risk -- of pancreatic cancer compared to individuals consuming no soft drinks," says study lead author Noel T. Mueller, MPH, a research associate at the Cancer Control Program at Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D.C. The study is published in Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention, a journal of the American Association for Cancer Research.

The beverage industry took strong exception to the study, calling it flawed and pointing to other research that has found no association between soda consumption and pancreatic cancer.

Cancer of the pancreas was diagnosed in about 42,000 people in the U.S. in 2009, according to American Cancer Society estimates, and about 35,240 deaths from the disease were expected. The pancreas lies behind the stomach. It makes hormones such as insulin to balance sugar in the blood and produces juices with enzymes to help break down fats and protein in foods.

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/pancreatic-cancer/news/20100208/pancreatic-cancer-linked-sodas

just another reason why i would stay a little fatter and healthy for a superior life

A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
it is beyond me why people still smoke, eat meat and drink diet sodas with all the associated risks, its not like i havent tried to help you bros. im sure some of you will post some sstudies showing "benefits" but i can assure you this shit is poison as well as the aformentioned
A

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
lol @ you being on a "vegan diet" @ 290 pounds.

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
"Why the link with sugary sodas? Mueller says they are not certain. "What we believe is the sugar in the soft drinks is increasing the insulin level in the body, which we think contributes to pancreatic cancer cell growth. That increase in insulin is what may be leading to the development of the cancer."

wouldn't be surprised if this shows to be true

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
SOMEONE TELL SWAYZE TO LAY OFF THE PEPSI IMMEDIATELY!

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
lol @ you being on a "vegan diet" @ 290 pounds.
 dont be such a toughguy
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
"Why the link with sugary sodas? Mueller says they are not certain. "What we believe is the sugar in the soft drinks is increasing the insulin level in the body, which we think contributes to pancreatic cancer cell growth. That increase in insulin is what may be leading to the development of the cancer."

no the sugar is the most natural thing to consume when we do activity our blood sugar levels drop and need to be replaced by MORE sugars Not a drug like signaling to the pancreas we get from caffiene
A

Swede!

• Getbig IV

Do you want to meat up and travel to the jungle with me Johnny? we could live with a tribe, I could stand on your damn shoulder to reach that honey. And we could be the tribe honey pimps,

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast

I've heard that insulin aids angiogenesis in general.  Never heard it's associated with cancer in the same organ that produces insulin tho.  

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
if the pancreas dont get enough sugars you get inflamation of the nth degree wich is akin the cancer

you constantly plug your body with false stimulants like caffiene its gonna bite you in the behined boy
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
SOMEONE TELL SWAYZE TO LAY OFF THE PEPSI IMMEDIATELY!

yep cigarettes are another stimulant to the pancreas releasing triglicerides into the body without any calories. He wanted to stay lean like alan jackson but i think alan quit smokin

A

Swede!

• Getbig IV
Do you want to meat up and travel to the jungle with me Johnny? we could live with a tribe, I could stand on your damn shoulder to reach that honey. And we could be the tribe honey pimps,

Marty Champions

• Getbig V

thats a nice fantasy there boah we gonna do it one day when the galactic alien brohem make it all possible
A

che

• Getbig V
it is beyond me why people still smoke, eat meat and drink diet sodas

This is why Johnny.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
This is why Johnny.

thats just a bad haircut boah

we gonna be chillin meat and cancer free boah naegr
A

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Holy shit it's Seth Rogen!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Holy shit it's Seth Rogen!
johanny has morphed into a true mountain man,next up a print ad for brawny paper towels.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
PIP Daddywaddy  :'(

D_1000

• Getbig IV
PIP Daddywaddy  :'(

PIP Daddywaddy indeed. All that is left is fat Failcan.

:-[

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
(Diet) Soda, Mac Donalds, fried food, sugar, Monsanto, Aspartam..........all adonis approved.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
R

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'

DW appears to be prepping for a heart attack.

Ropo

• Getbig IV
it is beyond me why people still smoke, eat meat and drink diet sodas with all the associated risks, its not like i havent tried to help you bros. im sure some of you will post some sstudies showing "benefits" but i can assure you this shit is poison as well as the aformentioned

There is no way to say, where you get the cancer. There is billions of things which rise the probability of getting it, and human science has found few thousands. You can get it from ozone which is in the air, grilled meat, smoked fish, baked bread. If you eat or drink anything, there is the risk to get cancer from it. If you be vegetarian and grow your own food, you get it from the soil where you grow your plants. You can hide from it and it is fucking hard to even lower the probability of getting it. And the funny part is that you probably have it already, but you notice it ten or fifteen years from this day. How you can watch out for stepping the mine which blows up twenty years later? You can stop eating, drinking and breathing, and that is only way to do it. If you avoid the diet sodas, look your water, which has more carcinogens than in the soda. You have smoked weed? Weed which has been fertilized with DDT by some crooks, and how far exactly your home is from the nuclear test site? You use drugs, you try to kill yourself by eating yeast, without knowing how dangerous it can be, and you are worried about diet sodas?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Feb. 8, 2010 -- Drinking as little as two soft drinks a week appears to nearly double the risk of getting pancreatic cancer, according to a new study.

''People who drank two or more soft drinks a week had an 87% increased risk -- or nearly twice the risk -- of pancreatic cancer compared to individuals consuming no soft drinks," says study lead author Noel T. Mueller, MPH, a research associate at the Cancer Control Program at Georgetown University Medical Center, Washington, D.C. The study is published in Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention, a journal of the American Association for Cancer Research.

The beverage industry took strong exception to the study, calling it flawed and pointing to other research that has found no association between soda consumption and pancreatic cancer.

Cancer of the pancreas was diagnosed in about 42,000 people in the U.S. in 2009, according to American Cancer Society estimates, and about 35,240 deaths from the disease were expected. The pancreas lies behind the stomach. It makes hormones such as insulin to balance sugar in the blood and produces juices with enzymes to help break down fats and protein in foods.

http://www.webmd.com/cancer/pancreatic-cancer/news/20100208/pancreatic-cancer-linked-sodas

just another reason why i would stay a little fatter and healthy for a superior life

Johnny you have to be quite careful as this does not include diet sodas but regular with SUGAR in them.  Diet Sodas do not have any sugar in them.  I don`t drink Regular Sodas with the Sugar in them ever.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
(Diet) Soda, Mac Donalds, fried food, sugar, Monsanto, Aspartam..........all adonis approved.
Read the article again,

Johnny made a slight mistake as they are not talking about Diet Sodas at all.  Diet Soda do not contain any sugar whatsoever.