Author Topic: Fantasy Teams  (Read 7103 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Fantasy Teams
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2011, 08:26:51 PM »
I need to do more leagues next year.  Only in one this year.  5 positions out all at once?  Ouch!  But it's out of the way now!
YESH YESH!! and ray rice and the ravens def are my two biggest producers behind brady so i am pretty much back in full swing now.

It gets hard when you have too many leagues b/c you are cheering for one player on one team and then also hoping that he doesnt produce to much b/c he could hurt you in another league etc. Having to keep up with multiple teams and injuries, match ups, bye weeks, trying to be on top of the free agent market...it becomes a big hassle if youre in too many leagues.

I was only going to do my main league this year but got asked by a friend who is in that league to join his so I kinda felt obligated since he was in mine. Luckily I have alot of the same players on both teams so its pretty easy to keep up.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2011, 08:27:56 PM »
I am going to start them vs the skins.  We will see. Lol.  Not much on waivers except the Bills who have the same bye week as Philly. 
bills have been playing pretty good. I think they have at least one int in every game this year also I believe they have a decent return game if you get special teams points.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2011, 10:05:44 PM »
I am going to start them vs the skins.  We will see. Lol.  Not much on waivers except the Bills who have the same bye week as Philly. 

The Bills D has been a turnover machine.  I'd take them over Miami and Philly.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 03:22:56 PM »
Not to brag.............but i am going to brag:

6-0!

lowest winning margin 30+ points

Now, i know how this goes with teams with the best record in the first round of the play offs  lol  arrg 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2011, 08:30:50 PM »
Not to brag.............but i am going to brag:

6-0!

lowest winning margin 30+ points

Now, i know how this goes with teams with the best record in the first round of the play offs  lol  arrg 
did you start the bills d?

5 and 1 and 1 game ahead of the 2nd place guy in my division.

Still pretty close but my schedule lightens up towards the end of the season.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2011, 07:37:22 PM »
did you start the bills d?

5 and 1 and 1 game ahead of the 2nd place guy in my division.

Still pretty close but my schedule lightens up towards the end of the season.

No i start Philly as per Beach's recommendation and the fact they were playing Grossman and Skins.

I got rid of the Dolphins defense but someone had already picked up the Bills.  So i got the Bucs to fill in this week.  Its going to be a tough one, both wide outs, both running backs on a bye.   >:(

How many teams in your (5-1) league?

how many make the play offs?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 07:51:38 PM »
No i start Philly as per Beach's recommendation and the fact they were playing Grossman and Skins.

I got rid of the Dolphins defense but someone had already picked up the Bills.  So i got the Bucs to fill in this week.  Its going to be a tough one, both wide outs, both running backs on a bye.   >:(

How many teams in your (5-1) league?

how many make the play offs?
16 team league with 11 starting spots and 5 bench spots...LOL needless to say there arent a whole lot of options out there in free agency.

league is split into 4 divisions of 4 and 6 teams go to the play offs winner of each division and 2 best overall records outside of those 4.

how about you guys?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2011, 08:35:22 PM »
16 team league with 11 starting spots and 5 bench spots...LOL needless to say there arent a whole lot of options out there in free agency.

league is split into 4 divisions of 4 and 6 teams go to the play offs winner of each division and 2 best overall records outside of those 4.

how about you guys?

the first 10 years or so i played in a 16 team league.  Back ups really make a difference and the talent pool gets really thin.  That's tough.  that league you are in must be tough to win in.

Mine is a 10 team league this year but usually 12 and the top 8 go lol.  Kind of lame in that way, but i have been playing with these guys for the last 10 years or so.  Bunch of drunkard x-minor league baseball players who are now firemen and trainers lol. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2011, 04:19:06 PM »
Hows everyone doing?

My two teams are both in the semi's this weekend.

both teams are pretty stacked, I picked up marion barber a few weeks ago before forte got hurt and kept felix jones when he got hurt and picked up and held peyton hillis a month or so ago for this time so those guys along with ray rice has me looking pretty good at rb

helu and rice in the other league.

Projected to win one and lose the other but will see.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2011, 10:55:07 AM »
Semi-final playoff game for me.

Undecided on whether to start Willis Mcgahee or Felix Jones? I'm already starting Shonn Greene in the other slot. Jones seems like he has the better matchup but he's burned me before when I needed him.

Also...I have both the Steelers D and the 49ers D and they're playing one another on Monday night. Which D should I start? If Ben plays, I'm leaning towards going with the Steelers D.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2011, 07:55:11 PM »
I would go jones, I think Denver is going to be playing from behind the majority of the game so i dont know how much play mcgahee will get. I feel you on getting burned by jones though he has done it to me before as well.

Tough one on the Defense I think I go steelers though. The 49er's really dont have much offense outside of gore thanks the smith plus if you get return yards brown is doing pretty good.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2011, 07:55:56 PM »
Guy Im playing in my main league had Roddy White...damn that bastard!!!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #37 on: December 16, 2011, 10:09:44 PM »
I would go jones, I think Denver is going to be playing from behind the majority of the game so i dont know how much play mcgahee will get. I feel you on getting burned by jones though he has done it to me before as well.

Tough one on the Defense I think I go steelers though. The 49er's really dont have much offense outside of gore thanks the smith plus if you get return yards brown is doing pretty good.

Thanks for the advice bro...We both agree on my choices so far. Who else does Dallas have to run the ball? At least Jones can catch passes out of the backfield and defenses will respect his speed. It's all about matchups, I guess. Tampa Bay has a shitty run defense. MJD carved them up real nice. I realize Jones isn't MJD, but I have to go with that matchup instead of Mcgahee against the Patriots. I'm biased because I'm such a Mcgahee fan. He's a warrior and has perhaps the NFL's best stiff arm. He's tough as nails and a former Raven, so I'm obviously biased. ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2011, 09:50:53 PM »
Jones fucks me again, he got what was projected but not what I needed

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2011, 09:54:32 PM »
No fucking Td's equals an unhappy tony

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2011, 11:59:05 AM »
Last week.................... ......FUCK!   first round play off loss.  Megatron: nothing,  and i pulled the philly D and they had a great game for once. 

Oh well.   >:(

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2011, 12:08:23 PM »
I was 5-4 and lost 6 straight games !!!!  Looks like Luck will be my pick next yr.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2011, 04:02:45 PM »
Had a lose in one league and a win in my main/important league.

Playing this week in the title game in the main one and 3rd in my second league.

not to bad, I dont know whether to play peyton hillis or felix jones. I think jones has the better match up but iono.

Also picked up demarious thomas(spelling?), I dont have particularly good match ups though

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2011, 09:03:38 PM »
YYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAA AAAAA BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am once again the D-Y-NASTY FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!!!

for the last 4 years the league has been won by either myself or a good friend of mine split 2 and 2 between us, not bad I think.

I have a 15 point lead with khalil bell and charles tillman to play tomorrow night, would it be in poor taste if I benched them to ensure the win?

I dont think they could do enough damage to me to make me lose but I would rather not take the chance. I think I may sit Bell and keep Tillman in as its almost impossible for him to lose me that many points.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2011, 09:27:27 PM »
Congrats.   :)  I had a remarkably stress-free NFL season because I didn't play FF this year. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: December 24, 2011, 09:40:04 PM »
Congrats.   :)  I had a remarkably stress-free NFL season because I didn't play FF this year. 
Thank you good sir

LOL tell the truth beach, was it more pleasurable with or without FF?

do you think playing in fewer leagues would make it better?

I only played in two FF leagues this season and didnt really care about one but I am the commissioner of the other which is a head ache in itself but I think concentrating on basically one this year made it less stressful.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 24, 2011, 09:51:03 PM »
Thank you good sir

LOL tell the truth beach, was it more pleasurable with or without FF?

do you think playing in fewer leagues would make it better?

I only played in two FF leagues this season and didnt really care about one but I am the commissioner of the other which is a head ache in itself but I think concentrating on basically one this year made it less stressful.

It's only pleasurable when I win.  Which is actually a lot, so I have to say it's more pleasurable with FF.   :D

I only play in two leagues, plus help my kids with theirs. 

I'll probably play again next season. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2011, 09:57:57 PM »
It's only pleasurable when I win.  Which is actually a lot, so I have to say it's more pleasurable with FF.   :D

I only play in two leagues, plus help my kids with theirs. 

I'll probably play again next season. 
I hear you, The friend I have split the championship with for the last 4 years won the last 2 years back to back and I think I would have had a stroke if he had won again this year I would have been so pissed.

Although as much as I dont want him to win I almost would rather him win than someone else b/c at least that way only the two of us have won the title lol

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #48 on: December 26, 2011, 09:24:47 PM »
Man, I thought I'd learned my lesson.....

I don't like playing matchups, since players get their points by the end of the year, and it's hard to guess when they will get them.

I had four RB's for three spots in a 14 team league.  I rotated Chris Johnson, Marshawn Lynch, Ryan Mathews and S Greene.   Greene had been riding the bench, but putting up crazy points.

This week, I reluctantly sat Lynch against SF, for obvious reasons.  Cost me the season.....
Y