Author Topic: How Christine O'Donnell Went from Tea Bagger Favorite to Outcast  (Read 4148 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
How Christine O'Donnell Went from Tea Party Favorite to Outcast
By Conor Friedersdorf

Before she lost her Senate race, criticizing the GOP candidate was considered tea party heresy. Now she's barely permitted to speak at rallies.

In the tea party, one day you're in, and the next you're out:

Former U.S. Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell will not speak at a tea party event featuring former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin in Indianola, Iowa, this weekend, an organizer told Washington Wire. "I made a mistake," said Ken Crow, president of Tea Party of America. "I assumed there was an open slot and there wasn't."Monday night, Mr. Crow told Washington Wire that Ms. O'Donnell would appear.

Tea Party of America's cofounder, Charlie Gruschow, said the group withdrew Ms. O'Donnell's after receiving numerous "emails from a lot of tea party folks that were very disappointed that she would be speaking."

And then? You're in again:

Former Republican Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell will speak at a tea party rally Saturday in Iowa after organizers Tuesday night reversed themselves again and re-invited her, CNN has learned.

What do I take from all the drama?

Validation.

When O'Donnell emerged as a Delaware Senate candidate, a lot of people, myself included, voiced doubts about her fitness for office, and suspected that permitting her to be a spokesperson would be more trouble than it was worth. But she was embraced by the grassroots. They boosted her to a primary victory over a moderate Republican. Folks who criticized her were labeled turncoat RINOs (for critics on the right) or liberal elitists (for critics on the left).

O'Donnell ultimately lost the general election by 17 points.

Before that ballot box debacle, here's what Rush Limbaugh said:

Do you remember after Christine O'Donnell -- even before she won the primary, but even afterwards -- all the erudite elites on our side who were wringing their hands together? "Oh, no! Oh, no! There goes the Republican majority, Christine O'Donnell. We had to have Mike Castle. We had to have Mike Castle. We had to have a RINO."

And then Mike Murphy, Georgetown political consultant said, "Okay! Okay, you guys," speaking to people like me and you, "You know how to win elections. You go in there and you move to Delaware. You run her campaign. Sarah Palin, you know how to do this, you go in there run her campaign."  All right. So she had her first debate last night.  I'm hearing this for the first time.  I didn't watch the show.  I'm impressed.  I think this is good.  I think she's quite good, what I've heard so far.

Here's Mark Levin:

I've noticed that Christine O'Donnell is under vicious assault today. You can't go on the Internet without her being attacked for her fianance, for her rent payments, for a lawsuit that she brought. And it's not just the liberal nut jobs. It's some of the others over there at The Weekly Standard, there's a link at Hot Air and so forth. I'm all for reporting the news but obviously people wth grudges and opposition research is being spread virally because it all seems to be happening today. Let me put this in perspective for you... It is time that the self-appointed commentators who think they represent somebody or some perspective understand that this isn't 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, it's 2010, we're in perilous times, and these are crucial elections... Who is behind all this? ...She's a regular human being. So we're to pick her to pieces?

Lara Ingraham was on the same page:

Maybe she doesn't have the pedigree that Charles Krauthammer and comapny have. But guess what she did? She won. Okay? People are tired of the club in Washington. 'Well she doesn't have that background that we think is so critical in today's politics.' This so called pragmatic argument, 'Well she can't win so we had to support Mike Castle," that just doesn't hold any water anymore." ... The time for the establishment is over. It's the people's time. That means were going to have candidates that don't have the perfect pedigree. They might have an odd backstory. They might be self financed... But the time for the old establishment is over.

...And you can kind of look down your nose at me making this case. You can keep kind of sneering. Guess what. That only makes you less relevant. That only makes you look like a snob... Not every candidate is going to be perfect. Not every candidate is going to have this perfect background and resume. Maybe not every candidate made the right financial decisions in his or her life. ...Republicans can't do this to their own people... Just because every candidate didn't go to Princeton, Harvard, Yale, Brown, Dartouth, or any other top school, and doesn't go to the right parties, and doesn't have the right viewpoints -- maybe doesn't speak in terms as eloquent as you speak, does not mean that this woman would not be terrific in the U.S. Senate. If she gets more people involved in politics, if she gets younger people, women, pro-life people, social conservatives, and yeah, fiscal conservatives, tea party types, to all rally around her, guess what? We could transform Delaware.

Ingraham laid on the "tea party as victims" schtick particularly thick:

Are we still the ugly stepchildren? The tea partiers are the ugly step children, the social conservatives are the ugly step children, you know a lot of these Republican elites didn't much like us in the first place. They found us icky. We're the undesirables, the unwashed... we're not going to tolerate being locked in the basement so that you guys can run the show. You almost ran it into the ground last time.

As it turns out, O'Donnell didn't just lose either. She proved so erratic in her press appearances, unpopular, and bereft of political upside that tea partiers now write angry letters when she is invited to speak at their events! Her critics were right. And her defenders, who insisted that only a RINO or an elitist would criticize her -- that their critiques were snobbery, not substance -- were wrong.

Something similar has happened to Sarah Palin. Nowadays, all but her hardest core supporters hope that she stays out of the Republican primary. Once heralded as the right's savior, she is now regarded as unelectable even in that contest. The Palin skeptics were right all along too.

Will listeners of Rush Limbaugh, Mark Levin, Lara Ingraham, and the many other conservative broadcasters who talked up O'Donnell, and impugned the character of her critics, hold them accountable?

Of course not.

Their memories are short. And they care little when their champions attack others unfairly. Thus it's only a matter of time before the next dubiously qualified conservative is lauded by talk radio boosters.
!

nycwit

• Getbig II
Re: How Christine O'Donnell Went from Tea Bagger Favorite to Outcast
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 12:28:00 PM »
who gives a fuck what rosie's sister is up to

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 12:30:32 PM »
I know one thing you should look at though ..

The new daily updates on www.letskillsometime.com

But be warned. You will get entertained!

;D

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 05:04:08 PM »
Getbig's tea baggers abandon O'Donnell just like the rest of her former repube cheerleaders. All that support for her on this board, and now...*crickets*.  ;D
!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 05:15:32 PM »
Getbig's tea baggers abandon O'Donnell just like the rest of her former repube cheerleaders. All that support for her on this board, and now...*crickets*.  ;D

She's not running for anything, at the moment, genius. You'd better concern yourself with Mr. 38% approval, Barack Obama, who's taking the express route to the woodshed, where he'll join the Dems in another (to quote Michael Moore) "@$$-whippin' of Biblical proportions".

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 05:24:42 PM »
She's not running for anything, at the moment, genius. You'd better concern yourself with Mr. 38% approval, Barack Obama, who's taking the express route to the woodshed, where he'll join the Dems in another (to quote Michael Moore) "@$$-whippin' of Biblical proportions".
How are things, Tobey? You seem stressed.  :-\

!

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 05:27:02 PM »
good post benny, those tea baggers are really dumb.

TEAM Nasser

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 05:32:39 PM »
odonnell storming off the set of CNN because she didn't want to discuss certain chapters of the book SHE WAS ON THE SHOW TO PROMOTE was hilarious.

I believe she said she was offended that the host didn't talk about those subjects she wanted to talk about.

Yes, she was used to the right-wing media kissing her ass with softball Qs for 2 years.  She got into a situation where she was asked to take an actual position about something in her book, and she literally stormed off the set.

pathetic.  All those getbiggers who defended her are just as pathetic.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 05:33:54 PM »
How are things, Tobey? You seem stressed.  :-\

Try again!!

The stress is coming from the Obama sheep like you, who are watching the object of their wanton lust crumble before their very eyes.

If you want a sellout, check your boy Obama, who dropped his pastor of 20 years like a lead balloon, who didn't take his "Tour of America" bus ANYWHERE NEAR A BLACK NEIGHBORHOOD.

I know you're brokenhearted that Obama didn't bleed those evil rich white people and give lazy slugs like you their $$$$$; but try to keep your chin up.

Plus, it appears you're projecting again. My wife is black, but nice try.

38% approval....AFTER KILLING Bin Laden.

But, just to cheer you and your fellow TK members up.....

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 05:43:23 PM »
Try again!!

The stress is coming from the Obama sheep like you, who are watching the object of their wanton lust crumble before their very eyes. Plus, it appears you're projecting again. My wife is black, but nice try.

LOL! You know I'm not watching anything you post, Tobey.  ::)
You and your wife = Uncle Tom & Aunt Jemima  ;)

Michelle Bachmann (dumb), Rick Perry (dumber) and Willard "Mitt" Romney (PHONY, Mormon) = Obama victory in 2012

I imagine it'll get worse before it gets better for you, Tobey.  :-\ With another four years of Obama as president in 2012, you'll have to work hard to maintain massa's good graces. Just keep towing the line and maybe you can still be a house negro favorite.

!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 05:48:57 PM »

C'mon Tobey! Give me something to work with!
I love it when our resident house negro tries to talk tough on the big board and bring it on behalf of massa!  ;D
!

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 05:53:20 PM »
C'mon Tobey! Give me something to work with!
I love it when our resident house negro tries to talk tough on the big board and bring it on behalf of massa!  ;D

This coming from someone, too cowardly to post POLITICAL issues on the POLITICAL forum, for fear of getting the lips slapped off his face....again.

As amusing as some of the folks here find your Obama sword-swallowing (38% approval rating and all), I'm sure they'd prefer you take this tripe to the other forum, where your cracked musings can be summarily beaten senseless.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 05:57:55 PM »
LOL! You know I'm not watching anything you post, Tobey.  ::)
You and your wife = Uncle Tom & Aunt Jemima  ;)

Michelle Bachmann (dumb), Rick Perry (dumber) and Willard "Mitt" Romney (PHONY, Mormon) = Obama victory in 2012

I imagine it'll get worse before it gets better for you, Tobey.  :-\ With another four years of Obama as president in 2012, you'll have to work hard to maintain massa's good graces. Just keep towing the line and maybe you can still be a house negro favorite.

We already saw one whipping. That was your Democrat buddies last November. A second one is on cue. I suggest you stock up on the Kleenex and Gatorade, because you may end up dehydrated, should Obama get his clock cleaned (along with his buddies).

Of course, there's still the matter of your DUCKING the fact that your poster boy won't and didn't step foot in a black neighborhood, during his bus tour. Or why he sold out his pastor and good friend of 20 years.

Then again, why should he work, when ignorant sheep like you are bleating to the polls. Just don't be shocked that the "Obama stash" really ain't there.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2011, 05:59:01 PM »
This coming from someone, too cowardly to post POLITICAL issues on the POLITICAL forum, for fear of getting the lips slapped off his face....again.

As amusing as some of the folks here find your Obama sword-swallowing (38% approval rating and all), I'm sure they'd prefer you take this tripe to the other forum, where your cracked musings can be summarily beaten senseless.

everyone knows that the numbers boy will just copy and paste your replies into the next page, you can't even get into a intelligent conversation with the people on that board
TEAM Nasser

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2011, 06:08:00 PM »
Funny, coming from someone who cried to Ron after I started calling you "Tobey."   ::) It wasn't long after your cries that the moderators on the poli board started telling me to "be nice". When I told them to KMBA, they started deleting all of my posts regardless of content. So why should I continue to try and post there?

Be real, Tobey. You and the rest of the repubes on that board whose boots you lick never came CLOSE to "slapping" me. I crushed your egos and rendered your weak arguments moot there just as I do here. It makes no difference.
You must be using those fat soup-coolers of yours to smoke crack.  :P

What's the approval level of the republican congress, Tobey? Here's a hint...it's a HELL of a lot lower than 38%.  ;)

Which one of the current repube field of comedians candidates is going to beat Obama? Who's boots are you most in favor of licking in 2012 at this point, Tobey?

8)  ;)

!

Bodybuilder Lex Reeves

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2011, 06:10:01 PM »
Why do you give the moron Benny N the attention? He-and I should really to him as "it"-thrives on the negative attention. "It" cuts and pastes the ideas of others, ideas "itself" doesn't comprehend or grasp. Then when you react to "it", "it" starts with all "it's" nasty insults. Face reality: Benny N is a dropout operating a computer on his single mother's electricity, which is mostly likely subsidized. Probably dried spittle and Cheetos crumbs all over the keyboard. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2011, 06:13:58 PM »
Why do you give the moron Benny N the attention? He-and I should really to him as "it"-thrives on the negative attention. "It" cuts and pastes the ideas of others, ideas "itself" doesn't comprehend or grasp. Then when you react to "it", "it" starts with all "it's" nasty insults. Face reality: Benny N is a dropout operating a computer on his single mother's electricity, which is mostly likely subsidized. Probably dried spittle and Cheetos crumbs all over the keyboard.  
Nobody gives a shit about your racist ramblings, dodo. ::) You are just one of my many bitter, butthurt fan club members.  ;D

Try posting under your account with the most posts, instead of resorting to backup gimmicks, PEA BRAIN/"George Whorewell."  ::)

!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2011, 06:14:08 PM »
Unles she makes a fart lighting video or tea bags Bill Maher's balls for real  I have no interest in this hag.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2011, 11:54:08 AM »
benny owning the minds of the crazy rich conservatives worried about a tax hike  ;D
TEAM Nasser

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2011, 12:18:53 PM »
benny owning the minds of the crazy rich conservatives worried about a tax hike  ;D
More like Benny worrying about his future government assistance checks..

Purge_WTF

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 07:57:06 PM »

Benny is too pussy to post on political.   We eat him alive over there. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2011, 07:56:19 PM »
Funny, coming from someone who cried to Ron after I started calling you "Tobey."   ::) It wasn't long after your cries that the moderators on the poli board started telling me to "be nice". When I told them to KMBA, they started deleting all of my posts regardless of content. So why should I continue to try and post there?

Be real, Tobey. You and the rest of the repubes on that board whose boots you lick never came CLOSE to "slapping" me. I crushed your egos and rendered your weak arguments moot there just as I do here. It makes no difference.
You must be using those fat soup-coolers of yours to smoke crack.  :P

What's the approval level of the republican congress, Tobey? Here's a hint...it's a HELL of a lot lower than 38%.  ;)

Which one of the current repube field of comedians candidates is going to beat Obama? Who's boots are you most in favor of licking in 2012 at this point, Tobey?

8)  ;)

Wrong again, bleating one. I didn't call Ron about ANYTHING. You, O knuckleheaded one, got your post deleted because you broke forum rules. I don't need Ron or anyone else to slap your pathetic posturings silly. Lest you forget, I was in the process of tearing yet another one of your pea-brained quips to pieces, when no sooner did I hit the "Post" button than I found your thread GONE.

Your posts keep getting moved HERE, from the G&O thread, because you don't have the.....shall we say....testicular fortitude to post here anymore, as you keep getting your head split to the white meat when you do.

All that yak about Obama that you kept posting has gone UP IN FLAMES. The G&O regulars are tired of your yapping and cowering there.

And, because you're in desperate need of a clue, the Congress is comprised of BOTH the Senate and the House. Since the GOP doesn't control BOTH of those entites, it ain't the "republican congress", genius.

Furthermore, there are at least TWICE as many Dems up in the Senate as there are Republicans and far more Dems up for re-election in the House than there are GOPers. So, if the Congress' approval ratings are even LOWER than those of Obama, guess who's going to get beaten up in 14 months. Hint: The same party that got their behinds lit up LAST YEAR.

As for Obama, he's losing to Perry....AGAIN and is barely ahead of Romney or Bachmann. And that's not counting the undecided voters, about 80% of which traditionally go AGAINST the incumbent.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2011, 08:08:41 PM »
Then there's still the matter of why your beloved Obama didn't STEP FOOT INTO A BLACK NEIGHBORHOOD, during his bus tour, to talk to the folks....or why he dropped his pastor of TWO DECADES, about whom he claimed he could no more disown than he could the black community.

Try that on for size!!

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2011, 08:11:55 PM »
You just had to stick a camera and mic in her face like Palin, and they do it to themselves.