Author Topic: So petulant man-child Pres. Downgrade schedules speech at same time as debate  (Read 2629 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

are you kidding? 

I'm kidding most of the time.

Do you want to talk about the insane amount of anger you'd feel if Obama had dropped mother Teresa while using her as a political prop/

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Not this NFL fan.  I know what I'll be watching.   :)
yup, me too...

finally a good distraction to drown out the idiocy from this political hack president we have.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
yup, me too...

finally a good distraction to drown out the idiocy from this political hack president we have.

settle down turkeys, we all know the bucs will win their division this year.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
Re: So petulant man-child Pres. Downgrade schedules speech at same time as debate
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2011, 05:29:16 AM »
LOL!!!

Isnt this his second joint session of Congress that does not involve the State of the Union Address?
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: So petulant man-child Pres. Downgrade schedules speech at same time as debate
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2011, 05:39:44 AM »
He had one on health care.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2011, 06:51:41 AM »
James Carville: White House ‘Out of Bounds’ Over Speech Flap
ABC ^ | 9/1/11 | George Stephanopoulos

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:38:00 AM by markomalley

Democratic strategist James Carville told me that the White House was in the wrong when it requested that the President address Congress on the same night and time as a Republican presidential debate.

“I do think this is a really big debate and I think the White House was out of bounds…in trying to schedule a speech during a debate,” Carville said on “GMA.”

This will be Gov. Rick Perry’s first debate, and as Carville said this morning the stakes are high.

“Given a choice between watching a debate and the speech I would have watched the debate and I’m not even a Republican or even close to being a Republican,” he said, adding it will be a “barn burner.”

(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMFAO!   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2011, 09:43:48 AM »
James Carville: White House ‘Out of Bounds’ Over Speech Flap
ABC ^ | 9/1/11 | George Stephanopoulos

Posted on Thursday, September 01, 2011 9:38:00 AM by markomalley

Democratic strategist James Carville told me that the White House was in the wrong when it requested that the President address Congress on the same night and time as a Republican presidential debate.

“I do think this is a really big debate and I think the White House was out of bounds…in trying to schedule a speech during a debate,” Carville said on “GMA.”

This will be Gov. Rick Perry’s first debate, and as Carville said this morning the stakes are high.

“Given a choice between watching a debate and the speech I would have watched the debate and I’m not even a Republican or even close to being a Republican,” he said, adding it will be a “barn burner.”

(Excerpt) Read more at abcnews.go.com ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMFAO!   

Even Carville has to be shaking his head at the failure we have in the White House.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2011, 11:23:35 AM »
President Obama Starts Re-election Campaign With a Pratfall
By Hugh Hewitt
9/1/2011
www.townhall.com

President Obama thought he would open his 2012 re-election campaign with a bit of big-footing that would show the GOP presidential candidates gathered at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley next week who was going to set the agenda and call the tune.

Despite White House Press Secretary Jay Carney's bald face lie about the timing of the president's proposed speech to a Joint Session of the Congress being a coincidence, no one The Washington Post's Chris Cillizza was my guest on the radio show Tuesday and summarized the situation crisply:

"At this level of politics, right, we’re talking about the highest level. I’m talking about the presidency, as well as the race to nominate someone against him. There are not coincidences like this. This debate has been on the books for quite some time. When Mitt Romney announced that he was going to say something about the economy on September 6th, there was plenty of writing about the fact that now September 6th and September 7th were taken, because of the debate. They knew what they were doing here. I think they knew that they believe that they wanted to force people to make a decision both in terms of what they were watching, as well as try to draw a contrast. You know, I think the White House viewed it, and probably still continues to view it, as a beneficial contest for them, the President talking about jobs and the economy in a very formal setting, while Republicans are debating in a much more free-wheeling setting where we assume that there’ll be some, you know, certainly some attacks on President Obama, but they’ll probably attack one another a little bit, too, that they like that contrast. So no, I don’t buy that this was just a happy coincidence. And I’d say this if it was a Republican in the White House and Democrats debating. There aren’t coincidences like this as this moment.

Cillizza was right of course, and the president's team must have chuckled about how smart they were to monkeywrench the GOP this way.

How utterly Alinksyite. How Chicago.

Except House Speaker John Boehner wasn't going to allow his co-equal Legislative branch of government to be manipulated by the Executive just because the Executive needed a cheap political stunt.

This president has never quite got the idea of three, co-equal branches of government. He governs by diktat when he couldn't get even his supermajorities to act during the two years he had them.

And he refuses to defend laws he disagrees with in the courts even though they were duly enacted by a past Congress and signed by a past president.

He entered into the Libyan adventure without any authority from Congress and set a new standard of contempt for the War Powers Act which while unconstitutional has at least received a nod from past presidents.

The list is long, and it includes berating the justices of the Supreme Court when they were assembled for the State of the Union address.

Imagine his surprise when tough John Boehner, who has been around the Legislative Branch many years, and wily Mitch McConnell, another Hill veteran, considered the president's demand for a Wednesday night joint session. Perhaps they channeled the late Robert Byrd who, though as partisan a Democrat as one could imagine, was also stickler for the status of the Congress as partner not servant of the Executive Branch.

So oh so gently the Speaker put the knife in the president's political stunt. A quiet, respectful letter, some words about security sweeps, getting back late, tough to arrange, and a "how about the 8th?" and the deed was done.

The president's big stunt is now opposite the NFL opener.

Good luck with that.

Here's the bottom line: What if the president's brain trust is as overrated as his economic all star line-up was?

What if his political handlers are in fact keystone cops, just as his speechwriter shop turned out to be a freshman composition class on extended spring break?

In short, what if the president's glass jaw on all manner of issues is thrust out and headed for a smash-up on the campaign trail.

Imagine a flop next week, with low ratings, polite applause and much laughing from the pundits gathered and the electronic media the next day.

Visualize the stilted, teleprompter-dependent rhetoric we have grown used to and the painful windy endless answers the White House press corps has indulged in him all these years but deployed daily on the long re-election campaign trail ahead.

Think of an old rock-and-roller who has lost his voice and his timing, and soon begins to notice the crowds thinning.

By the time the president gets to Charlotte it will take a tremendous act of will to rally the country to watch yet another Obama speech, and the debates --if he agrees to them at all-- will not feature John McCain, but Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney or Rick Perry, any one of whom will present a considerable challenge to the president who has already exhausted his national audience with dozens of verbal tricks from "Let me be clear" to "folks like me."

Opening the president's campaign with a stunt that backfires could be the omen we look back on, like Jimmy Carter's rabbit. For the sake of the country and the world, we should hope so.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2011, 11:53:05 AM »
White House working to avoid clash with NFL's opening game
www.NFL.com
Published: Sept. 1, 2011 at 05:43 a.m. Updated: Sept. 1, 2011 at 12:04 p.m. Liked: 39   |   Comments: 755 Email Like

By NFL.com More Columns > In agreeing Wednesday to reschedule his planned address to a joint session of Congress, President Obama might have placated House Speaker John Boehner at the expense of the nation's football fans.

Boehner, R-Ohio, balked at the president's original request to appear before Congress to discuss the nation's chronic unemployment problem on Wednesday, Sept. 7. That's the same day as a Republican presidential debate in Simi Valley, Calif.

Obama agreed to move his speech to Thursday, Sept. 8, which happens to coincide with the opening game of the NFL regular season, a prime time contest between the New Orleans Saints and the defending Super Bowl champion Green Bay Packers from Lambeau Field.

The game will be televised by NBC at 8:30 p.m. ET.

"We’re aware of the situation and are communicating with the NFL," an NBC spokesman told ProFootballTalk.com.

The Associated Press reported that White House officials were working on the precise timing of the speech in hopes of avoiding a conflict.

________________________ ____________________

LMFAO.   What a disgrace and fiasco. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2011, 11:54:46 AM »
pretty cool of obama to respect america's pastimes.

Repubs would rather talk about football than about their sudden refusal to renew the bill to fix america's roads, as has been auto-renewed for 50 years

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2011, 11:57:37 AM »
pretty cool of obama to respect america's pastimes.

Repubs would rather talk about football than about their sudden refusal to renew the bill to fix america's roads, as has been auto-renewed for 50 years

::)  ::)  ::)

If it was so urgent President Tar Baby would not have went to vacation and given this vaunted speech a long time ago. 

This is the most arrogant, incompetent, and idiotic admn of anyiones' lifetime. 

They cant even schedule a fucking speech correctly! 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2011, 12:23:21 PM »
Then has the gall to ask that the GOP reschedule something they set-up months ago. Not only that, he tops it off by claiming that scheduling his shitty speech at that time "wasn't political".

Let's be honest, does anyone really care about this asshole "lazering" in on jobs for the umpteenth time? We get it, you're going to ask to spend more money. There, I just saved everyone 20 minutes of this dickhead rambling on the mic.

does anyone care about assholes like you making endless anti-Obama threads which make no goddamn sense, are a waste of time and are wrong anyway?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2011, 12:27:02 PM »
::)  ::)  ::)

If it was so urgent President Tar Baby would not have went to vacation and given this vaunted speech a long time ago. 

This is the most arrogant, incompetent, and idiotic admn of anyiones' lifetime. 

They cant even schedule a fucking speech correctly! 

the more Obama kicks your ass the more racist you get..if he wins re-election you are going to join the Klan..though I suspect you are a member already

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2011, 02:09:11 PM »

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/09/01/nfl-fans-to-obama-jobs-speech-shouldnt-cut-into-season-kickoff

LOS ANGELES (CBS) — There may be high drama in Washington over the nation’s economic future, but local football fans on Thursday warned the president against going into overtime during his address to the nation.

KNX 1070′s John Brooks reports revelers at a Hooters restaurant in Hollywood are ready for some football next Thursday.

“He shouldn’t be messing with football, that’s for sure,” said one man.

Some patrons even vowed to start drinking during the pregame show before the Green Bay Packers and the New Orleans Saints square off in the NFL season debut.

“I would watch it and listen to his speech before the game,” another fan said. “I believe his speech is going to be longer than an hour.”

But with the tenth anniversary of the 9/11 attacks just around the corner, a wave of patriotism could very well wash over the suds-soaked sports bar.

Or not.

“As patriotic as most people are — especially now, this time of year, the tenth-year anniversary of Sept. 11 — and his jobs program, which a lot of people have been waiting for, I would imagine that some people would watch the beginning of his speech,” one man predicted.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2011, 02:20:30 PM »
Hey Andre - go check out what the people in LA think about the big baby obama? 

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/09/01/nfl-fans-to-obama-jobs-speech-shouldnt-cut-into-season-kickoff

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2011, 02:25:15 PM »
How's your law practice?

Any big cases?

How's the old GF?
G

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2011, 03:51:59 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2011, 05:51:48 PM »
Was referring to the bp oil spill. 

Story coming out tonight how bama and the wh flipped out over this owning. 

Ha ha ha ha.  What a baby.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2011, 06:12:07 PM »
Free Republic
Browse · Search   Pings · Mail   News/Activism
Topics · Post Article
Skip to comments.

W.H. furious over speech delay
Politico ^ | September 1, 2011 | Roger Simon
Posted on September 1, 2011 6:33:23 PM EDT by Second Amendment First

It seemed like a trivial matter: On Wednesday, House Republicans forced the president to delay his speech to a joint session of Congress by one day.

Who cares? The White House cares. Very much.

“It is a big deal that the House said ‘no’ to the president from our end,” a White House source with intimate knowledge of what took place between the House and the president told me Thursday. “This confirms what we all know: They will do anything in the House to muck us up.”

On Wednesday, the White House staff did not know exactly what President Barack Obama was going to say in his major jobs speech, but it knew exactly where and when he was going to say it.

The location would be before a joint session of Congress in the august marble-clad chamber of the House of Representatives. And the speech would be next Wednesday night, when the House returned from vacation, and there would be maximum TV viewership.

The speech would be dignified, sober and important. But the planning turned out to be a mess, a mess that illuminates just how hyper-partisan politics have become on Capitol Hill at exactly the time Obama is calling for bipartisanship.

The White House was well aware the president’s speech would conflict with a planned Republican debate sponsored by POLITICO and NBC to be held at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in Simi Valley, Calif. The debate would be broadcast live by MSNBC, CNBC, Telemundo and live-streamed by POLITICO.

Yet the White House did not see this as an obstacle. “With all due respect, the POLITICO-MSNBC debate was one that was going on a cable station,” the White House source said. “It was not sacrosanct. We knew they would push it back and then there would be a GOP debate totally trashing the president. So it wasn’t all an upside for us.”

And, at first, things seemed to fall into place.

At about 10 or 10:30 a.m. on Wednesday, White House chief of staff Bill Daley called House Speaker John Boehner and asked that a joint session of Congress be assembled the following Wednesday night. The White House viewed Boehner as a political opponent, but not an enemy and the call was cordial, even pro forma considering such a request had never before been refused.

And, according to the White House source, Boehner said “okay” to Daley’s request for the Wednesday evening date. (Asked for comment, Boehner’s press secretary, Brendan Buck, said he had nothing to add to his statement of Wednesday that read in part: “No one in the speaker’s office - not the speaker, not any staff - signed off on the date the White House announced today.”)

Then things quickly unraveled. It turned out not everyone was as sanguine as Boehner with the notion that a Democratic president was going to step on a Republican debate.

At 11:55 a.m. Wednesday, the White House tweeted the news about the joint session. “And then Rush Limbaugh beat Boehner up,” the source said.

The conservative talk show personality was in his familiar state of high dudgeon. “This is a pure campaign speech and to give it the imprimatur of a speech before a joint session of Congress, there’s no way, he doesn’t deserve that,” Limbaugh said. “Boehner’s got to say no. Now, whether he will, I have no clue.”

A number of Republicans in the House and a few in the Senate did have a clue and they told Boehner that while they would allow the joint session – it was hard not to for both historic and political reasons – the timing had to be on their terms, which meant it could not conflict with the Republican debate.

At which point Boehner’s office announced that Boehner had never agreed to the Wednesday date, that Congress did not get back into session until 6:30 p.m. on that day, that various votes had to be taken, that security had to be arranged and Obama should push his speech back a day to Thursday.

Which just happened to be the evening the Green Bay Packers were meeting the New Orleans Saints in the NFL season opener. Which meant Obama would have to move his speech up an hour or so before the kick-off at 8:30 p.m.

The White House was not pleased. In reality, it believed, Congress really had never gone out of session, a parliamentary move that blocked Obama from making recess appointments. “And they had to arrange security?” the White House source scoffed. “As if they couldn’t do that! This was a political thing, a tea party thing, a Rush Limbaugh thing. They were all giving Boehner gas.”

The White House did not want to give in and look weak, but what was the alternative?

An Oval office speech instead?

“You can’t speak for 40 minutes from the Oval Office,” the source said.

How about the East Room?

“He’s going to speak to an empty East Room with just the Teleprompters and staff there? No,” said the source

So it had to be in the House of Representatives, which the Republicans control. “But we couldn’t go if they didn’t let us come,” the source said. “You can’t hold the speech in the lobby or in the parking lot. And you’re not going to get network coverage if you hold it at George Mason University.

“After a month of world chaos, the setting had to match the topic. And you don’t get any better setting than a joint session of Congress.”

In the end, the White House felt it had no choice but to give in on the date, and Obama sent an email to his supporters with the subject line: “Frustrated.”

“It’s been a long time since Congress was focused on what the American people need them to be focused on,” Obama said in the email. “I know that you’re frustrated by that. I am, too.”

Obama said he was going to put forward “a set of bipartisan proposals to help grow the economy and create jobs” and he was “asking lawmakers to look past short-term politics and take action on that plan.”

It was, perhaps, not the friendliest message, but the White House was not in a friendly mood. Some Democrats were attacking Obama for once again “caving in” to Republicans, though others thought that it was an inconsequential matter.

The White House is viewing it as very consequential, however. “It is a big deal,” the source said. “It shows the House Republicans will do no outreach, nothing.”

And who does the White House believe was really behind treating the president so shabbily?

“At first, I didn’t think it was Boehner, but his caucus,” the source said. “But maybe not. Maybe it is him.”

Lmfao!!!     Wwwwaaaahhhhhh.  Wwwwaaaahhhhh.   Bama is such a baby. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2011, 06:48:28 PM »
Relax football fans: Obama speech won't trump NFL (This is Hugh!)
reuters ^ | Sept.1, 2011 | Jeff Mason
Posted on September 1, 2011 8:37:51 PM EDT by PROCON

(Reuters) - American football fans can rest easy: President Barack Obama's nationally televised jobs speech to Congress will not conflict with the season-opening NFL game between the Green Bay Packers and New Orleans Saints.

Obama agreed late on Wednesday to move his jobs address to a joint session of Congress back by a night from September 7 to September 8 to avoid overlapping with a debate by Republican presidential candidates on the first night.

(Excerpt) Read more at reuters.com ...

Lmao.   another Obamafail of the highest order. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2011, 10:01:43 AM »
How's your law practice?

Any big cases?

How's the old GF?

none of the above exist