Author Topic: Luke Wood - Tribute to the Aussie Pro (Positive)  (Read 17837 times)

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
Re: Tribute to Aussie Pro Luke Wood.
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2011, 07:50:05 PM »
vince you are forgetting ya ole mate Roger Walker dude was a walking bb god back in the 70s early 80s.oh how could you forget him.

Wasnt Roger Walker British but emigrated to Australia?
Thunderdome approved

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2011, 07:55:18 PM »
he had a pre-existing kidney condition

we are all created with hidden flaws. people need to stop chasing the epic lean dream man fuck that shit !
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2011, 08:01:25 PM »
[color=guy was a Pommy. He used to be in the airforce and part of their band. Roger is now a successful businessman. He won the Mr Australia title in 1972 in Melbourne. I was there. I competed against
Roger when he easily won the Mr Australia title again in 1975. I tried to get a rule passed like they had in the AAU Mr America where you can win the title only once. The motion was defeated at the competitors meeting. Arnold spoke out against the idea. Ian Perrott who came second to Roger told me after the contest he should have spoken out and supported me. Ian never got the chance to win the title because he committed suicide later that year. I wonder if he would have taken his life had he won the title.

Luke was the top Aussie Pro bodybuilder for many years now...well, he and Lee Priest. [/color]

1stkeepitreal

• Getbig III
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2011, 08:42:19 PM »
he had a pre-existing kidney condition

If this is true then he had no business injecting or ingesting any type of chemical that would effect that organ or his body in general.

We would like to be positive about Luke? Then tell the truth to the young folk here how Luke died, moreover tell them that it is IMPOSSIBLE to look as he did with out the use of large amounts of chemicals.  Surely Luke would not want anybody to make the same mistakes he did. Lets all learn from him.

Lets all remember that bodybuilding should be a healthy way to live not a death sentence for a plastic trophy and a 1000$ check.

1stkeepitreal

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2011, 08:44:21 PM »
Luke respected Milos Sarcev. He showed me the watch Milos gave him.

Looks like a watch that Milos picked up in Bangkok for the cheap.

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2011, 08:45:33 PM »
[color=guy was a Pommy. He used to be in the airforce and part of their band. Roger is now a successful businessman. He won the Mr Australia title in 1972 in Melbourne. I was there. I competed against
Roger when he easily won the Mr Australia title again in 1975. I tried to get a rule passed like they had in the AAU Mr America where you can win the title only once. The motion was defeated at the competitors meeting. Arnold spoke out against the idea. Ian Perrott who came second to Roger told me after the contest he should have spoken out and supported me. Ian never got the chance to win the title because he committed suicide later that year. I wonder if he would have taken his life had he won the title.

Luke was the top Aussie Pro bodybuilder for many years now...well, he and Lee Priest. [/color]

cool story

and the Ian dude has some serious hardcore attitude

:o

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2011, 08:46:31 PM »

If this is true then he had no business injecting or ingesting any type of chemical that would effect that organ or his body in general.

We would like to be positive about Luke? Then tell the truth to the young folk here how Luke died, moreover tell them that it is IMPOSSIBLE to look as he did with out the use of large amounts of chemicals.  Surely Luke would not want anybody to make the same mistakes he did. Lets all learn from him.

Lets all remember that bodybuilding should be a healthy way to live not a death sentence for a plastic trophy and a 1000$ check.
we are all created with hidden flaws. people need to stop chasing the epic lean dream man fuck that shit !
A

leanne F

• Getbig II
Re: Luke Wood - Tribute to the Aussie Pro (Positive)
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2011, 08:48:38 PM »
vince i bet you knew robert deagon aswell he also died at his own hand drugs do funny things to some people.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2011, 09:00:10 PM »

maybe he didn;t know about the condition until it was to late. everyone should get reg blood tests every 6 months...but don;t. i am guilty of not going to the doc myself. this makes me think i should though.
irongearco.com

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2011, 09:00:41 PM »
I knew Robert Deegan. I put him ahead of Paul Graham in a Mr NSW contest back in 71 when I first came to Australia. Paul wasn't happy.

Lee Priest and John Terilli are our two best Aussie male bodybuilders.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2011, 09:07:33 PM »
When I see photos of Luke it is obvious he has trained hard for many years. What he did to get that big I have no idea. To go beyond that size might have required extreme methods with no guarantee of success.

Luke wrote that he got sick because he took 10 times the dosage of some drug. Muscleheads don't always listen to good advice. Some listen to poor advice and come to grief.

My position is there are NO authorities re steroids and other bodybuilding agents. There is no research so bodybuilders are playing Russian Roulette with these chemicals and some get sick.

Ray Mentzer also died of kidney failure. He told me in 1991 that many of the big guys were getting sick when they approached 300 pounds bodyweight. Fast forward 10 years and Ray was found

dead in his apartment in 2001. It is sad that Luke came to grief in a similar fashion re kidneys. Someone claimed that Ray had a pre-existing kidney condition that contributed to his demise.

Ray was 47 when he died. He was no knucklehead, but like Luke, he also wanted to win bigger titles than the AAU Mr America.

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2011, 09:11:33 PM »
I have no desire to add to the negativity of LW's death. He was a person who died too soon and that is not cool. period!

PIP

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 31, 2011, 09:13:57 PM »
cool stories, Vince

please share more!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #38 on: August 31, 2011, 09:25:52 PM »
I had this young lad in my gym who was a good kid. He came 3rd in a local junior contest. Of course he dreamed of getting bigger and even though he trained with a Mr Australia

he took too many steroids and developed gynocomastia and not much muscle. When I asked him if he took drug advice from the Mr Australia he said no, it was from someone else!

I certainly never encouraged anyone to take growth drugs. When guys ask me about them I know they are already taking them and want more information. They don't talk to me

about steroids because they know my position. Take them at your own risk but get them from a reputable doctor. Well, no reputable doctor would prescribe those drugs for healthy

young men. The government did an inquiry into steroids and doctors and discovered that the muscleheads were telling the doctors what to get them. Vet products included. Well,

it is against the medical code of ethics to prescribe vet products for humans. Ditto drugs for healthy people. Of course exceptions are made for botox and other dangerous drugs

used in some practices.

Luke would have made decisions about what to do and how much to take.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #39 on: August 31, 2011, 09:31:08 PM »
Let me mention something about the small arm complex. Both Luke and Milos missed the top placings probably because their arms were not large enough. Milos tried everything! In the end

he resorted to injecting oil to augment his biceps. One injection missed the target tissue and he ended up in hospital and almost died. So I imagine Luke was chasing some additional

size on his arms so enlisted the help of Milos and others. He never did get those arms up to match his huge shoulders and the rest of his physique. That quest could have been his

undoing.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2011, 09:57:03 PM »
No way! i hope not true!
Luke is a very nice and humble guy when we both doing guestposing in Japan back to 2006.
My deepest sympathy to his family.

Huang A- Wen

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2011, 10:18:26 PM »
I have been campaigning for years for drug testing in all bodybuilding contests. So far that is a pipedream. I doubt it would make much difference because the information is already out there

about what must be taken to get really huge. The top guys will always seek ways to stay at the top. Others might do as much if not more to replace them at the top! We cannot blame

organizations for what individuals choose to do. On the other hand, if there was strict testing in and out of competition perhaps that would change things for the better in bodybuilding.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2011, 10:18:34 PM »
RIP,Luke
You are a real nice gentleman.
I still remember that you talking about you mum & dad...and your story of used to work for Armaguard in Aussie ...

leanne F

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2011, 10:21:28 PM »
No way! i hope not true!
Luke is a very nice and humble guy when we both doing guestposing in Japan back to 2006.
My deepest sympathy to his family.

Huang A- Wen

it's true Huang A-Wen did he get paid much for that guest pose? $5k - $10k

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2011, 10:24:23 PM »
I had a young guy in my gym with heaps of potential to go all the way in bodybuilding. Kevin was a torso guy like Luke. Whenever he trained he got bigger everywhere except his arms. Oh, his arms weren't small but they didn't match his chest, shoulders, back and legs. I even trained Kevin for biceps but gave up when I saw him using his delts. Some guys just cannot put enough mechanical tension on target muscles to cause further hypertrophy. When Kevin trained arms he got bigger deltoids and not bigger arms.

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2011, 10:26:12 PM »
it's true Huang A-Wen did he get paid much for that guest pose? $5k - $10k
as i know, the contest organizer(my friend) is a very good promoter in Japan.

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2011, 10:30:39 PM »

very real and positive post right there

leanne F

• Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2011, 11:09:03 PM »
as i know, the contest organizer(my friend) is a very good promoter in Japan.

didn't ask about the promoter asked how much he was paid in spendollos amico.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2011, 11:28:14 PM »
Let's face it. Luke was a dreamer like the rest of us and compared to just about everyone on Getbig he exceeded what they will ever do in bodybuilding. He paid a big price for that glory but

it is easy to be wise afterwards. The information re banned substances is suspect and the so-called experts take no responsibility for advices given. Let this be a warning to all those who

follow the advices of gh15 and other so-called gurus. There is no research on these substances for bodybuilding so using those substances in the amounts and duration recommended by the 'experts' complete and

utter lunacy. No trophy is worth ruining your health for. We all know this but I guess things creep up on muscleheads and damage is aggravated over time and different protocols, etc.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2011, 11:54:54 PM »
I've talked about what bodybuilders have to do to prepare for contests. Heck, in the old days no one was cut like Luke was a couple of weeks out. Seems to be those last few weeks take a huge toll on the body and the damage can accumulate over time. Diuretics are dangerous substances especially when you are playing with body chemistry trying to get rid of water. The body will cling to water so it becomes a desperate battle and we have seen some pros collapse on stage or backstage from the consequences. Body chemistry needs homeostasis or balance and contest condition is hardly that. How guys like Luke can look superb a couple of weeks out then flat on stage is a mystery but gh15 believes it is because they are using insulin and it stores fat differently in the muscles. We need real research on these important subjects before anyone can claim to have knowledge. This would be something worth contributing to but I doubt those who profited from bodybuilding will donate the funds that are required. Much better to establish a museum in ones name.