Author Topic: Die Hard 5, G I Joe 2 and Red 2  (Read 15557 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Die Hard 5, G I Joe 2 and Red 2
« on: August 31, 2011, 09:39:57 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=45597

John Moore Signs Up To Direct Die Hard 5; Breck Eisner In The Running To Helm RED 2?
The Max Payne and Flight of the Phoenix director is in "final negotiations" to helm a fifth installment of the Die Hard franchise, while The Crazies' Breck Eisner is also in talks for the sequel to RED...
Deadline report that Behind Enemy Lines director John Moore is set to helm Die Hard 5, which will once again star Bruce Willis. According to the site, Fox were more than happy with their choice to hire the Irishman, but he still had to convince Willis that he was the right man for the job. His "love for the John McClane character, and his grasp of how to shoot practical, non-CGI-heavy action scenes" are said to have been what eventually swayed the actor. Meanwhile, Breck Eisner is said to be one of many names up for the task of directing RED 2. Below in an excerpt from the report, but be sure to click on the link below for more details.

After a long search process, 20th Century Fox and Bruce Willis have just chosen John Moore to direct Die Hard 5. The film will shoot in Russia, and the hope is to make it before Willis moves on to shoot a Red sequel for Summit Entertainment. In fact, Willis has just begun going through the same director search with Summit on a sequel to the 2010 hit Red. Robert Schwentke is busy helming Universal’s R.I.P.D. with Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds. They’ve just begun casting the dragnet for directors on that film. Names like Breck Eisner are being floated, but other shooters are being considered.

I'm definitely not sure how to feel about this! Moore's filmography is far from inspiring with such flops as Max Payne, and as someone who hated RED, a sequel is pretty much the last thing I want to see, regardless of who may or may not be up for the directors job.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Re: Die Hard 5 and Red 2
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 10:51:01 PM »
Love the Die Hard series. Don't care about Red.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 07:23:18 AM »
  The last Die Hard blew goats and ladders. Hope 5 is better.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2011, 08:33:58 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=47027

RED Sequel To Begin Filming Next Year, Says Helen Mirren
The Queen actress reveals that filming for the sequel to last year's hit action flick will begin filming next year, despite not officially having a director yet...
Speaking to The Jonathan Ross Show, Helen Mirren confirms that she'll return for the sequel to last year's hit action/comedy film RED, based on the DC comic of the same name. She says that filming begins next year, despite not having a director yet (the first film's director, Robert Schwentke, is busy filming R.I.P.D. right now, and may be still busy with the project by the time RED 2 begins production).

On Mirren’s part, the actress appeared on The Jonathan Ross Show last night and expressed her comittment to the role, saying:

We’re doing Red 2 next year.

This new film will have an entirely original storyline, drawn up by Jon and Erich Hoeber, who adapted Warren Ellis and Cully Hamner’s comic for the first picture. I expect they’ll have had some kind of conversation with Ellis, at least at the spitballing stage, though how involved he’d actually want to be is another question altogether.

Do you want to see a sequel to RED? If so, who do you want to see direct the sequel if Schwentke doesn't (which is likely)?

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2011, 09:32:27 PM »

i never thought the first RED was all that great?  :-\

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2011, 09:38:37 PM »
I liked RED... not sure why I did like it so much, but I really did.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2011, 05:39:39 AM »
I liked RED... not sure why I did like it so much, but I really did.

Same here...the reason I liked it was I kinda knew what to expect going in and I wasn't surprised or disappointed.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2011, 10:03:58 AM »
Yep, Red was a decent film - bit of an all-star cast and I loved John Malkovich's role.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 03:17:52 AM »
Bit of intersting Trivia, Commando 2 was all set for Arnold until he backed out, so they renamed it to Die Hard and Bruce Willis took the part.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 09:11:24 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=48863

RED Sequel Gets Release Date And (Very) Brief Synopsis!
Summit Entertainment have released a very brief, and unrevealing, synopsis for the upcoming sequel of the 2010 movie which starred Bruce Willis and Helen Mirren as well as the release date! Hit the jump for details...
Summit Entertainment have issued the release dates for six of their upcoming movies today, and among them is the sequel to RED. While the brief synopsis tells us nothing we don't already know or could have figured out for ourselves, it looks like we now have yet another comic book movie to add to the already packed 2013.

RED 2 will be released on 8/2/13.

The sequel to the action-comedy hit RED, which reunites our team of retired CIA operatives as they use their old-school style to take on a new set of enemies all across Europe.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Die Hard 5, G I Joe 2 and Red 2
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 10:55:31 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=49233

G.I. Joe 2 Set Visit with Behind-the-Scenes Peek at Roadblock vs. Firefly
Entertainment Tonight caught up with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on the New Orleans set, and Adrianne Palicki, who describes her character Lady Jaye as the brains of the team.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 11:38:46 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=49397

Four Actors In The Running to Be Bruce Willis' Son in A Good Day To Die Hard
Deadline is reporting that Breaking Bad's Aaron Paul, Hunger Games' Liam Hemsworth, James Badge, and D.J. Cotrona are up for the coveted role of John McClane Jr.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2011, 04:27:16 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/debbiedowner/news/?a=50227

Death on the Set of G.I. Joe: Retaliation
Filming has wrapped on the new G.I. Joe movie, but an accident has cost the life of a crew member during the process of dismantling the sets. Click the jump for details.

Yesterday a crew member, Mike Huber, died after having an accident on the New Orleans set of "G.I. Joe 2: Retaliation." According to a source with TMZ Mike Huber was working on a scissor lift, and the machine toppled over. The injuries sustained from the fall were fatal. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Mike Huber's family.

Courtesy of TMZ

Officials at Paramount Pictures confirm ... the crew member was working on tearing down the set, when something went terribly wrong.

Sources connected to the production tell us ... the man was working on a high-powered scissor lift, when the machine tipped over and the man sustained fatal injuries.

Paramount released a statement saying, "Our thoughts and deepest condolences are with the [crew member's] family at this time."

The statement continues, "The safety of our cast and crew is our top priority and the studio is fully cooperating with all investigating agencies as they examine the circumstances surrounding this unusual accident.”

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 09:28:51 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=64000

John McClane & His Son Fighting A Couple Of Henchmen In New DIE HARD Set Video

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2012, 10:05:44 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=65451

Bruce Willis Replaced Sgt. Slaughter In G.I. JOE: RETALIATION

In a recent interview Sgt. Slaughter reveals that he was supposed to appear in both live-action G.I. Joe films, but a conflict with competing toy companies prevented that from happening.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2012, 09:18:32 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=66927

David Thewlis Joins The Cast Of RED 2

The news has broken that Harry Potter star David Thewlis (he played 'Remus Lupin' in five of the Warner Bros. movies) has joined the cast of Red 2, joining returning cast members like Bruce Willis and Helen Mirren. Read on for details!
Josh Wilding - 9/7/2012

With a new director in the form of Dean Parisot (Justified, The Good Wife), RED 2 has added even more actors to its impressive ensemble cast recently as everyone from Anthony Hopkins (Hannibal) to Neal McDonough (Captain America: The First Avenger) and Byung-hun Lee (G.I. Joe: Retaliation) have signed up to join the returning cast members. This instalment will see the retired C.I.A. Agents travelling across Europe to take on an all-new threat and will hopefully improve upon the so-so first movie. As you can see from the Tweet below, the news has just broken that David Thewlis has now joined the cast of the sequel as 'The Frog'. Stay tuned for further details!

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2012, 04:22:53 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=68020

First Look At Bruce Willis & John Malkovich On The Set Of RED 2

2010's Red was fairly successful, grossing $186.5 million worldwide, so it's not really a surprise that a sequel was given the greenlight. The sequel has just started filming in Canada. Bruce Willis was seen at St Andrew's United Church in Châteauguay. For the film, the chruch was converted into a funeral home. While John Malkovich was only seen walking through the streets of Montreal. The final picture below is of Bruce Willis who was seen filming a scene at a Costco in Candiac.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 04:26:23 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MovieManiac/news/?a=68184

A GOOD DAY TO DIE HARD Teaser Trailer Arrives

Bruce Willis (RED) returns as John McClane in the first teaser trailer for 20th Century Fox's A Good Day To Die Hard, the fifth film in the popular action series.

magikusar

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Ayn Rand
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 03:45:48 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=65451

Bruce Willis Replaced Sgt. Slaughter In G.I. JOE: RETALIATION

In a recent interview Sgt. Slaughter reveals that he was supposed to appear in both live-action G.I. Joe films, but a conflict with competing toy companies prevented that from happening.

uh you mean Bruce plays sgt slaughter?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2012, 03:48:20 AM »
Bit of intersting Trivia, Commando 2 was all set for Arnold until he backed out, so they renamed it to Die Hard and Bruce Willis took the part.
For realz, dawg?
G

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2012, 06:18:52 AM »
  The last Die Hard blew goats and ladders. Hope 5 is better.

LOL, That's what you say now, ...but let the Chinese detonate an EMP over your car full of computerized gadgets, ...and you'll be seeing Die Hard 4 as your living bible in a heartbeat.  ;D

I have a friend who reminds me of the message in Die Hard 4. He's a crusty old trucker who pulled his rig out of a junk yard, and put it on the road himself. He refuses to drive any modern computerized truck. His attitude... "If I gotta problem, and I can't pull out my tool kit on the side of the road, in the middle of the night, and fix the problem myself, ...I DON'T WANT IT UNDER MY HOOD!"
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 11:02:49 AM »
For realz, dawg?
Yes... that is common knowledge.

They changed a few things, including the name and added a gay cop and boom... Die Hard was born.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2012, 10:02:24 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=69364

First Look At Sir Anthony Hopkins & Helen Mirren On The Set Of RED 2

Hopkins will be playing a villainous role in the film, but the only detail so far is that the character's name is possibly, Edward Bailey. The 74-year-old actor was seen with co-stars Bruce Willis, Mary-Louise Parker and John Malkovich as they filmed scenes in London with a green screen behind them.

While Helen Mirren was spotted last weekend, as her character was seen with Bruce Willis, Mary-Louise Parker and John Malkovich too.

Photos Courtesy of Daily Mail

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 08:14:18 AM »
uh you mean Bruce plays sgt slaughter?

No... He plays the original GI Joe... Joe Colton I believe.

He's in the comics.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2012, 12:32:31 AM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=71369

First Official Still From RED 2

Red 2 has a new director in the form of Dean Parisot (Justified), and in addition to the returning cast members, adds Anthony Hopkins (Thor), Neal McDonough (Captain America: The First Avenger), Byung-hun Lee (G.I. Joe: Retaliation) and David Thewlis (Harry Potter/Naked).

The sequel to the action-comedy hit RED, which reunites our team of retired CIA operatives as they use their old-school style to take on a new set of enemies all across Europe.

Red 2 will be with us August 2nd, 2013.