Author Topic: Ralph Nader threatening to Primary Obama w slate of candidates.  (Read 718 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Ralph Nader threatening to Primary Obama w slate of candidates.
« on: September 01, 2011, 03:09:31 PM »
Nader proposes new model to challenge Obama, threatens to throw primary process into chaos
Yahoo ^

Nader proposes new model to challenge Obama, threatens to throw primary process into chaos 50 mins ago

Consumer advocate Ralph Nader, whose third-party presidential candidacy some Democrats credited with handing the 2000 election to George W. Bush, has a new model for challenging President Obama from the left in 2012.

Nader proposes to assemble a large group of Democratic candidates to take Obama to task on a variety of issues.

The press would ignore one lesser-known candidate, Nader told The Daily Caller, but an unorthodox “slate” of candidates would attract more attention.

“So you have to have several people of distinguished backgrounds — different distinguished backgrounds — run as a slate in various primaries so that he can’t ignore someone who has a military-foreign policy background, environmental background, poverty-labor background. See what I mean?” Nader explained.

Multiple candidates would also be more powerful, he declared.

Nader said he was hesitant to support the candidacy of former Alaska Sen. Mike Gravel, who told TheDC in early August that he would enter the primary if supporters raised $1 million. (RELATED: Gravel names his price: $1 million to challenge Obama)

“I had good things to say about him in ’08, but right now I’m focusing on this slate idea,” Nader said. “He could run against Obama and the press completely ignores him and he doesn’t get any debate with him.”

He continued: “It doesn’t work because he can be completely marginalized. We’re not interested in just having someone on the ballot who doesn’t get a paragraph in the press. And he knows what that’s all about. He’s experienced it.”

In July, Vermont independent Sen. Bernie Sanders said during a radio interview that “I think it would be a good idea if President Obama faced some primary opposition.”

(Excerpt) Read more at old.news.yahoo.com ...

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Ralph Nader threatening to Primary Obama w slate of candidates.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 09:31:01 PM »
Nader proposes new model to challenge Obama, threatens to throw primary process into chaos
Yahoo ^

Nader proposes new model to challenge Obama, threatens to throw primary process into chaos 50 mins ago

Consumer advocate Ralph Nader, whose third-party presidential candidacy some Democrats credited with handing the 2000 election to George W. Bush, has a new model for challenging President Obama from the left in 2012.

Nader proposes to assemble a large group of Democratic candidates to take Obama to task on a variety of issues.

The press would ignore one lesser-known candidate, Nader told The Daily Caller, but an unorthodox “slate” of candidates would attract more attention.

“So you have to have several people of distinguished backgrounds — different distinguished backgrounds — run as a slate in various primaries so that he can’t ignore someone who has a military-foreign policy background, environmental background, poverty-labor background. See what I mean?” Nader explained.

Nader said he was hesitant to support the candidacy of former Alaska Sen. Mike Gravel, who told TheDC in early August that he would enter the primary if supporters raised $1 million. (RELATED: Gravel names his price: $1 million to challenge Obama)

“I had good things to say about him in ’08, but right now I’m focusing on this slate idea,” Nader said. “He could run against Obama and the press completely ignores him and he doesn’t get any debate with him.”

He continued: “It doesn’t work because he can be completely marginalized. We’re not interested in just having someone on the ballot who doesn’t get a paragraph in the press. And he knows what that’s all about. He’s experienced it.”

In July, Vermont independent Sen. Bernie Sanders said during a radio interview that “I think it would be a good idea if President Obama faced some primary opposition.”

Too bad it would not do them any good.  Anyone who ran would be blackballed if they were Democrat or they would be accused of being a phony Democrat. 

Nader needs to spend more time kicking his weed habit
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2011, 11:36:26 AM »
Via Wash Times

President Obama’s smooth path to the Democratic nomination may have gotten rockier Monday, after a group of liberal leaders, including former presidential candidate Ralph Nader, announced plans to challenge the incumbent in primaries next year.

The group said the goal is to offer up a handful of candidates from various fields and areas where the president either has failed to stake out a “progressive” position or where he has “drifted toward the corporatist right.”

“Without debates by challengers inside the Democratic Party’s presidential primaries, the liberal/majoritarian agenda will be muted and ignored,” Mr. Nader said in a news release. “The one-man Democratic primaries will be dull, repetitive, and draining of both voter enthusiasm and real bright lines between the two parties that excite voters.”

In search of candidates, Mr. Nader and the others sent out a letter, endorsed by 45 “distinguished leaders,”to elected officials, civic leaders, academics and members of the progressive community who specialize among other things in labor, poverty, military and foreign policy. The list, they said, also includes progressive Democrats who have held national and state office and have fought for progressive reforms.

“We need to put strong Democratic pressure on President Obama in the name of poor and working people” said Cornel West, author and professor at Princeton University who has been highly critical of Mr. Obama’s tenure since helping him get elected in 2008. “His administration has tilted too much toward Wall Street, we need policies that empower Main Street.”

Mr. Nader and Mr. West are joined by Christ Townsend, of the United Electrical, Radio and Machine Workers of America, and Brent Blackwelder, president emeritus of Friends of the Earth.

© Copyright 2011 The Washington Times, LLC. Click here for reprint permission.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 12:15:18 PM »
Nader needs to spend more time kicking his weed habit

"If you’ve ever nearly been bumped from a seat but got on board courtesy of an instant auction, you can thank Mr. Nader. If you have ever raised your hand and said, “I’ll take the later flight and the goodie,” you can thank Mr. Nader, too."
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/your-money/ralph-nader-and-the-airline-refund-the-haggler.html

Fewer Highway Deaths? Thank Ralph Nader
http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/secondhandsmoke/2010/09/11/fewer-highway-deaths-thank-ralph-nader/

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 12:23:46 PM »
What did Ralph Nader say about the flag?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 12:24:54 PM »
Yahoo ^

Be prepared to be called racists, by the goofballs of the CBC (Allen West, excluded, of course  ;D ).

More and more Dems appear to have the deduction that Obama is in for a woodshed whipping next year, and they don't want the strap going near their hind parts. So, it's every man for himself.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 12:24:54 PM »
What did Ralph Nader say about the flag?

I don't read lips. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 12:26:23 PM »
I don't read lips. 

Luckily, we have resident lipreaders who can deliver perfect translations of soundless blurry youtube clips.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 02:35:59 PM »
Palin’s smarter than people think, says — Ralph Nader
Hot Air ^ | SEPTEMBER 19, 2011 | Ed Morrissey

Posted on Monday, September 19, 2011 5:19:39 PM by RobinMasters

Almost two weeks ago, I noted that the New York Times seemed shocked, shocked that Sarah Palin had suddenly turned into an anti-establishment conservative populist in a Labor Day weekend speech in Iowa. The Gray Lady wasn’t the only media outlet who missed, well, almost all of Palin’s political career. Salon’s Justin Elliott was so stunned by the speech that he turned to Ralph Nader to analyze the sudden new direction taken by Palin. Nader pronounced himself impressed:

We decided to call the longtime left crusader about a speech Palin gave in Iowa earlier this month, one which seemed to mark the transformation of Palin from a standard-issue movement conservative to something more independent and more reformist. And Nader told us he liked what he heard.

“I think she’s a lot smarter than most people credit her,” says Nader. “Judging by her comments, she is squarely in the camp of conservative populism, opposed to corporatism and its corporate state.”

(Excerpt) Read more at hotair.com ...

________________________ _________

Maybe Ralph and Sarah have a plan to take Maobama out? 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 09:13:41 AM »
Palin’s smarter than people think, says — Ralph Nader
Hot Air ^ | SEPTEMBER 19, 2011 | Ed Morrissey

Posted on Monday, September 19, 2011 5:19:39 PM by RobinMasters

Almost two weeks ago, I noted that the New York Times seemed shocked, shocked that Sarah Palin had suddenly turned into an anti-establishment conservative populist in a Labor Day weekend speech in Iowa. The Gray Lady wasn’t the only media outlet who missed, well, almost all of Palin’s political career. Salon’s Justin Elliott was so stunned by the speech that he turned to Ralph Nader to analyze the sudden new direction taken by Palin. Nader pronounced himself impressed:

We decided to call the longtime left crusader about a speech Palin gave in Iowa earlier this month, one which seemed to mark the transformation of Palin from a standard-issue movement conservative to something more independent and more reformist. And Nader told us he liked what he heard.

“I think she’s a lot smarter than most people credit her,” says Nader. “Judging by her comments, she is squarely in the camp of conservative populism, opposed to corporatism and its corporate state.”

(Excerpt) Read more at hotair.com ...

________________________ _________

Maybe Ralph and Sarah have a plan to take Maobama out? 

The media has basically ignored Ralph Nader and even the majority of the GOP doesn't want Palin to run.  The fact is that there will be no Democratic Primary because all of the delegates have already elected Obama as with any incumbent.  Simply put.....Nader needs to find something better to do with his time and if Palin is running, then she needs to fucking say so instead of traveling around where the candidates go because she's seriously disrupting the process by standing on the sidelines as a distraction.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 09:19:25 AM »
No, the pussy and pc demos are too afraid to be called racists for challenging obama, who has been the most disastrous president in our history.   

He is an abject failure and disaster.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 09:37:14 AM »
Simply put.....Nader needs to find something better to do with his time

Nader has already done more for you and for the rest of the American people than Obama ever will.

"If you’ve ever nearly been bumped from a seat but got on board courtesy of an instant auction, you can thank Mr. Nader. If you have ever raised your hand and said, “I’ll take the later flight and the goodie,” you can thank Mr. Nader, too."
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/24/your-money/ralph-nader-and-the-airline-refund-the-haggler.html

Fewer Highway Deaths? Thank Ralph Nader
http://www.firstthings.com/blogs/secondhandsmoke/2010/09/11/fewer-highway-deaths-thank-ralph-nader/