Author Topic: Kurt Angle upset with WWE DVD ranking  (Read 2377 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Kurt Angle upset with WWE DVD ranking
« on: September 02, 2011, 07:49:01 AM »
I was #34 of Wwe All time Greatest? Tell You what, take Me off the list. I'd rather not be on it, if I wasn't top 5. Who Ranks Wrestlers?

I have never been More Insulted By Wwe top 50.#34 to Me Is a kick to the balls!Take Me out of ratings.please.U think fans will buy that crap

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Re: Kurt Angle upset with WWE DVD ranking
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 07:51:00 AM »
Kurt is correct.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 08:58:26 AM »
I remember when the list came out, we had a big thread about it...I agree the list was stupid. Supposedly, it was according to WWE talent, ie: on good terms with the company. But, I don't think anyone would rank him top 5..maybe not even top 10. He is definitely top 15.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 02:54:14 PM »
It's a matter of opinion...to a degree.

Top 5: perhaps.
Higher than 34: ABSOLUTELY!!

I wonder what he'd rank if he were still in the Fed.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 05:18:08 PM »
It's a matter of opinion...to a degree.

Top 5: perhaps.
Higher than 34: ABSOLUTELY!!

I wonder what he'd rank if he were still in the Fed.
Probably top 12 or so...Top 5 is pretty exclusive. Hogan, Austin, Rock, Bruno, and probably Shawn..I wonder what his spot would be in the company if he stuck around. Still a permanent main event guy,or more like a Jericho who's at the top of the card, but is used to put over a lot of the younger guys.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 05:21:57 PM »
Probably top 12 or so...Top 5 is pretty exclusive. Hogan, Austin, Rock, Bruno, and probably Shawn..I wonder what his spot would be in the company if he stuck around. Still a permanent main event guy,or more like a Jericho who's at the top of the card, but is used to put over a lot of the younger guys.

I think it's great that Jericho does that for the up & comers, but I don't like that they use him that way.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 08:06:10 PM »
the fact that Jeff fucking hardy is on the list Ultimate Warrior isn't by definition makes the list shit.

Warrior will be remember for the next 200 years for his matches with Hogan, Savage.

people won't remember Jeff..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 05:22:46 AM »
the fact that Jeff fucking hardy is on the list Ultimate Warrior isn't by definition makes the list shit.

Warrior will be remember for the next 200 years for his matches with Hogan, Savage.

people won't remember Jeff..

Agreed.
The Ultimate Warrior may have been a one-dimensional flash in the pan, and the guy who played him may be a bit of a prick...but, the character deserves to be on that list.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 03:38:41 PM »
Bret was upset he was ranked below Austin, too. His reasoning was since he beat Austin in all their matches, he should be ahead of him.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 03:56:38 PM »
Nevermind, guys...Kurt's sorry

Kurt apologized (via Twitter):
"I Want to Apologize to Everyone that I disrespected with My Comments about Wwe's Rankings. I truly Am Proud to Be in Top 50. Thank U 2 Wwe " (5 hours ago)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 04:34:47 PM »
Bret was upset he was ranked below Austin, too. His reasoning was since he beat Austin in all their matches, he should be ahead of him.

Sorry, but...
This seems analogous to a guy who beat Bill Clinton in their junior-high civics club elections feeling that he deserves more notoriety as a world leader than Bill.

Get over it, Bret.
As I often like to say:
No matter how you look at it... at the end of the day, it's still just grown men in spandex pretending to fight.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 07:43:00 PM »
The funny thing is, the only purpose of this list was to sell DVD's and make money, and they are the only ones who really believe it. It's not like it's going to be put in textbooks and read by America's youth for the next 50 years.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2011, 02:46:46 AM »

because wrestling's real after all  ::)

I do agree that he should be above Austin, but Austin brought in a whole new era and the $$$$$$ to come along with it. Bret beat him in such a way that the Stone Cold character could be created and legitimised, he ultimately revolutionised wrestling in a way that had not been done before. So in this case its a 50/50 choice as to who is better and down to personal preference.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2011, 04:57:35 AM »
Nevermind, guys...Kurt's sorry

Kurt apologized (via Twitter):
"I Want to Apologize to Everyone that I disrespected with My Comments about Wwe's Rankings. I truly Am Proud to Be in Top 50. Thank U 2 Wwe " (5 hours ago)

Gotta leave that door opened. ;)