Author Topic: What Changes Would you make  (Read 3867 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Re: What Changes Would you make
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2011, 08:21:50 AM »
Bring back squash matches.  These were essential in making career midcarders look awesome and making people look forward to matches.  Used to be, you would have two mid card wrestlers like the Barbarian and Hercules in a feud and for weeks leading up to their PPV, they would squash jobbers effortlessly.  Made you anxious to see just how they would fare against each other.

Stop shuffling the title belt every week.  Mysterio won it and lost it in the same night?   

Stop giving away PPV matches for free every week.  By the time ABC vs 123 headlines the ppv, you have already seen them face each other on RAW for the past 3 weeks.

Monster heels.  Mark Henry is one.  Back in the day, you used to be worried when a babyface had to face Nikita or heel Road Warriors, or Abdullah.

Stop flipflopping from heel to face and back all the time.  Orton is particularly guilty of this.  Used to be when someone turned, it was the talk of the school cafeteria for weeks afterward.

Heels who win clean.  At least Alberto is being given clean wins.

Lame ass finishing moves.  Cena's AA is the laziest piece of shit work in existence now.

Feuds that last longer than 3 weeks.

I could go on... but really Vince has oversaturated the market now with such shit and crap storylines it doesn't matter what they do, it won't return to the suspense and eager crowds that followed it every week like it used to.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2011, 01:57:48 PM »
And the funny thing is the wwe channel that is coming oit

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2011, 07:51:32 AM »
Squash matches are one of my fondest memories of watching Wrestling. Seeing Sheamus pound on out of shape guys half his size every week would be great! Still the most brutal ones I ever saw was with Yokozuna. Sid was pretty gnarly as well.

I think that's one of the reasons it was easier to make PPV's mean so much back then.
Aside from house shows, the main champ (Hogan) often only wrestled on PPV's or SNME.
The Tag & I-C champs mainly wrestled job boys.
And, whoever they were building up for the next big show would run through their opponents in squash-fashion.

It's hard to get excited about paying $50.00 to see Cena vs. Orton when you've already seen it on RAW and at least three other PPV's.
It's bad enough having to give away PPV-caliber matches over more PPV's, but it's even worse when they're aired on weekly broadcasts.

As mentioned before, I think it's a mistake to have a PPV every month.