Author Topic: Palumbo being strong armed? Losing VPX?  (Read 3194 times)

newmom

Palumbo being strong armed? Losing VPX?
« on: September 03, 2011, 11:19:47 AM »
This came on my crackbook feed. Wondering if it's true. No disrespect to JM Manion nor Weinberger

By John Romano

In their latest power play, the IFBB/NPC brass have forced Dave Palumbo to stop taking VPX ads to support RX Muscle.com.  As of today, RX Muscle will no longer be able to accept VPX sponsorship or ad dollars.  Manion and Weinberger have just cost Dave $20,000  a month and have offered him NO recompense!!  Under their "you're either with us or you're against us" policy, Dave was forced to decline VPX sponsorship for RX Muscle moving forward.

This is sad news for Dave because I know he needed that money to keep the site going.  With no offer of any compensation from the IFBB/NPC, no offer of additional sponsors, no form of recovery at all,  Dave is going to be forced to cover contest coverage FOR THE IFBB/NPC out if his own pocket. I wonder how long that's going to last?

Manion and Weinberger have repeatedly said that they don't care what is said on the VPX site about them, nor do they pay attention to it.  Obviously, that is yet another in a very long list of lies that those guys swear by. This is how they do business.  They actually tell other companies where they can spend their money for their benefit, without any care int he world of the hardship they may be causing a loyal supporter.  RX Muscle has faithfully covered more IFBB/NPC contests than any other site on the web offering coverage and promotion of athletes that would otherwise be unavailable.  Manion and Weinberger just took food off Dave's table because they don't like what is said about their woefully corrupt federation on the VPX forums and radio shows.

How much farther will our industry allow these thugs to control other's before someone steps up and says, "That's Enough!" .
"Pathetic" has just found a more clear meaning....

io856

Re: Palumbo being strong armed?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 11:24:39 AM »
What did VPX do?

newmom

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 11:34:13 AM »
no clue io856, no idea if there is a back story, but IF it's true, it's kind of fucked up. Again no disrespect to either JManion or Weinberger but still. I doubt this thread will last anyway

io856

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 11:34:54 AM »
no clue io856, no idea if there is a back story, but IF it's true, it's kind of fucked up. Again no disrespect to either JManion or Weinberger but still. I doubt this thread will last anyway

;D

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 11:35:44 AM »
who, who, and who?

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 11:36:18 AM »
Why did you write "no disrespect to Manion or Weinberger?" Do you think you're best friends with them or something or they would actually care what you think?  ::) ::) :-\ :-\
X

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 11:37:43 AM »
VPX show where Lee Priest is, is very fukin' funny  ;D

I bet they are making quite a few people in industry very angry every Friday !!!!!!!!!!!

newmom

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2011, 11:40:32 AM »
Why did you write "no disrespect to Manion or Weinberger?" Do you think you're best friends with them or something or they would actually care what you think?  ::) ::) :-\ :-\

nope, not in the slightest. I don't know if it's true, the above was wrote by Romano. I don't compete nor will I so why would I care what they think. It's called manners SF so kindly fuck off  ;D ;D ;D ;D

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2011, 11:42:24 AM »
I was going to write a lengthy NPC-IFBB rant about corruption, but like runningmom said, this thread will be gone in a matter of minutes. Thanks for posting it anyway.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2011, 11:44:38 AM »

x2 - embarrassing.

newmom

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2011, 11:45:18 AM »
I'm not sticking up or siding or whatever, but seriously if it's true it just stinks. 20k a month, that's alot of money. Might as well post it bike nut.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2011, 11:46:14 AM »
nope, not in the slightest. I don't know if it's true, the above was wrote by Romano. I don't compete nor will I so why would I care what they think. It's called manners SF so kindly fuck off  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Why would you show good manners to 2 people who supposedly fucked someone else over?  :-\ :-\
X

newmom

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2011, 11:47:04 AM »
Why would you show good manners to 2 people who supposedly fucked someone else over?  :-\ :-\

oh for fuck sake, I have NO idea if it's true hence no disrespect..

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2011, 11:47:42 AM »
The guys running the show in the NPC and IFBB have always been bullies and bastards.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2011, 11:51:46 AM »
oh for fuck sake, I have NO idea if it's true hence no disrespect..

You must be running shit in the bodybuilding community  :-\ :-\
X

newmom

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2011, 11:53:41 AM »
You must be running shit in the bodybuilding community  :-\ :-\

bawawawswasws you're funny today.

Insider X

• Getbig II
Re: Palumbo being strong armed? Losing VPX?
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2011, 11:57:01 AM »
1) Who cares about RX Muscle? Between BSN and the 20 other sponsors there, Dave makes 100K a month on the site. If you actually believe that, go head. So what if he loses a tiny sponsor who gives him 20K.  Yeah right, VPX gives them 20K. Another Romano pathetic lie.

2) This is another vilified attack by Romano, who shits on the IFBB and shits on the NPC and shits on everyone, calling Manion and everyone associated with the organizations the most vile slurs he can think of.

3) This is the same Romano that shit on Muscular Development, calling Blechman every possible name. Who shit on Flex Magazine, calling Peter McGough pathetic names, so it turn that no one wants anything to do with Romano anymore.

4) Romano gets off on stirring the pot and trying to cause problems.  

5) Getbig, Flexonline and Muscular Development also won't promote a company whose prime objective is to use a guy who slurs everyone and then gets butt hurt when his slurs and lies affects the place he works at.

6) How soon will VPX realize that it's hurting their business keeping a crybaby like Romano.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2011, 11:57:07 AM »
This came on my crackbook feed. Wondering if it's true. No disrespect to JM Manion nor Weinberger

By John Romano

In their latest power play, the IFBB/NPC brass have forced Dave Palumbo to stop taking VPX ads to support RX Muscle.com.  As of today, RX Muscle will no longer be able to accept VPX sponsorship or ad dollars.  Manion and Weinberger have just cost Dave $20,000  a month and have offered him NO recompense!!  Under their "you're either with us or you're against us" policy, Dave was forced to decline VPX sponsorship for RX Muscle moving forward.

This is sad news for Dave because I know he needed that money to keep the site going.  With no offer of any compensation from the IFBB/NPC, no offer of additional sponsors, no form of recovery at all,  Dave is going to be forced to cover contest coverage FOR THE IFBB/NPC out if his own pocket. I wonder how long that's going to last?

Manion and Weinberger have repeatedly said that they don't care what is said on the VPX site about them, nor do they pay attention to it.  Obviously, that is yet another in a very long list of lies that those guys swear by. This is how they do business.  They actually tell other companies where they can spend their money for their benefit, without any care int he world of the hardship they may be causing a loyal supporter.  RX Muscle has faithfully covered more IFBB/NPC contests than any other site on the web offering coverage and promotion of athletes that would otherwise be unavailable.  Manion and Weinberger just took food off Dave's table because they don't like what is said about their woefully corrupt federation on the VPX forums and radio shows.

How much farther will our industry allow these thugs to control other's before someone steps up and says, "That's Enough!" .
"Pathetic" has just found a more clear meaning....

20k a month!!!!...Damn that's a lot of money!!!
A

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 11:58:22 AM »
this is fucked up.

newmom

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2011, 12:00:19 PM »
well I'll be damned someone added to the thread title, thanks whomever did.

Insider, thanks for the information but how do you know what dave brings in

breakmore

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 12:01:24 PM »
Aww how sad, now he has to go back to selling fake gh.  :-[

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 12:32:00 PM »
Play in the dirt, expect to get dirty...

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2011, 12:52:16 PM »
this is fucked up.

It is fucked up.  They dropped ALR last month I believe.  They got their site going after Palumbo and Romano were fired from their jobs.  But gave them a nice parting message for their efforts.... ::)

(RX Management)
Laina, no disrespect - but we have worked with ARLI from the beginning and never had a bad thing to say about your company on our forums (FUCKING BULLSHIT). You coming here AFTER you decide to stop advertising with us and still continuing to promote ALRI while putting our company down is bullshit.TELLING PEOPLE THAT THE RX MUSCLE WEBSITE HAS A VIRUS IS NOT A PUTDOWN  Thread closed. Please don't post on our forums again as an ALRI rep, as you no longer have those privileges. IN OTHER WORDS, THANKS FOR ALL THE MONEY, GO FUCK YOURSELF

Of course following that, all the moderators and people basically trashed ALR even worse than what BB.com did.....Talk about friendship these days.... ::)
A

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2011, 01:03:17 PM »
I don't buy this story for a second, first of all, rx muscle is not worth 20k in advertisement per month for the traffick isn't that great and most of the traffick is a bunch of trolls that don't even care for supplements, second with that contract gone, wich is probably less then 10k another can fill in even if it's less money, Dave is certainly not taking a 20k loss, C'mon guys its Romano.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2011, 01:08:46 PM »
It's saturday night, gents.

can't we all get focused on what's important?