Author Topic: Anyone else notice more people looking to borrow money?  (Read 4486 times)

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
Anyone else notice more people looking to borrow money?
« on: September 06, 2011, 05:41:05 AM »
I am talking amounts, 300-1000 bucks, and sometimes I help and then they come back for more, I feel bad as I know they need it, yet I also know that they wont be able to payback for a long time if ever.

How do you say no? I am not rich, don't act like I have extra money to borrow and I really don't, yet I hate to have to avoid people because I know they want to ask me to borrow money.

I NEVER had this many people I know for so long ask, co-workers, relatives, its been gradually piling up, more and more people.

How the heck do you tell people you know, the you cant borrow them 300 bucks lol

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
Re: Anyone else notice more people looking to borrow money?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 05:43:20 AM »
its not really the problem borrowing people money but more the chance of getting it back.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 05:44:14 AM »
no

muscularny

• Getbig IV
  • Training
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 05:49:55 AM »
its not really the problem borrowing people money but more the chance of getting it back.

Most people never pay back, from when you borrow them money a few things might happen (at least in my experience).

A) You stop hearing from them

B) If they pay you back, they usually tell you how they hate owing people money, then 2 weeks later they seek a bigger loan.

3) If you talk to them and they tell you how they just got a new watch for 2k, they tell you a story how its really 5k, and how could they have turned it down, they ask you to agree that they made the right choice by buying it, this is all to justify why they didnt pay you back (they dont say it but thats their point).

4) They do check ins, meaning after you spoke to them on the phone for 15 minutes, last few seconds they say something like "hey dont worry, I still remember I owe ya 1000 bucks, have a good night" this puts me in a position where I cant ask him, "Ok when will you pay it back" as he just said he remembers etc

5). Let me know when you need it people, they basically say stuff like "hey I got your 500 bucks, just let me know when you need it and ill make sure to get it for you" I mean why not just give it back if you really have it

Its frustrating as I know the money will never come back, few people care to repay and many simply cant, between loss of jobs or job downgrade + more expenses etc they cant.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 05:56:40 AM »
that's why you just never lend money.

i don't lend money to anyone, don't donate to "causes", etc.

i just use my stand by (which is true), that i got kids to feed.
Deep Tissue Massage

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 06:56:37 AM »
Most people never pay back, from when you borrow them money a few things might happen (at least in my experience).

A) You stop hearing from them

This can be worth it at times.

If you don't want to lend $, you could say "Sorry no.. I'd hate for anything to happen to our friendship." 
R

MikMaq

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 07:11:45 AM »
Lol if they ask just tell em you just got hit for some serious shit, either extra taxes, medical bills, whatever, never loan money to people unless your very close, and aren't enabling them to take on more debt.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 07:25:06 AM »
I never ever loan people money, not family, not friends, nobody

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 07:25:45 AM »
I never ever loan people money, not family, not friends, nobody
Gypsys ?

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 07:27:46 AM »
Gypseys begging on the street here, scum

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 07:28:04 AM »
Just dont lend money to Mustafa and you should be fine.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 07:31:00 AM »
I dont have any to lend so... ;D.but I do admit I have "borrowed" and "forgot" to give them back.  ;D  :-X

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 07:32:55 AM »
'I'ce lent money to so many people i am now borrowing money off the bank just to get to work this month'.  Usually works.

MikMaq

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 07:36:02 AM »
I dont have any to lend so... ;D.but I do admit I have "borrowed" and "forgot" to give them back.  ;D  :-X
Your a shitty person than, direct family members of yours will die, and if you ever get laid again you will get herpes, fact.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 07:39:07 AM »
I've learned that lending others money usually ends badly.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 07:39:56 AM »
You must be black.  Not being racist, but blacks seem to have this notion that they have to give back to the "community".  It's like their best trait(helping their own people), is what's hampering them, keeping them down.  Be like whitey, son't lend shit, and look the other way.  It's about you on this planet, not them.  ;D

ricorico

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 07:51:33 AM »
not everything is so black and white lending money, so you can be put in an awkward situation at times.
In any case, you can always ask when will you see the money come back.
If they're genuine, they'll say a date you'll have it by
If they're bullshitting, they'll usually spin a line, so all you need to do is say you need it back by the end of the following week as you need to pay bills.
If they can't do that, they don't get the loan.

Sorry, forgot this was Getbig - Tell them to Fuck Off when they ask, you need it for Coke, hookers and midget fire-eaters!

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 07:52:56 AM »
I guess that's why all them whitey's support black kids in Africa?
You must be black.  Not being racist, but blacks seem to have this notion that they have to give back to the "community".  It's like their best trait(helping their own people), is what's hampering them, keeping them down.  Be like whitey, son't lend shit, and look the other way.  It's about you on this planet, not them.  ;D

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 07:53:46 AM »

it seems like a lot of black people who do well financially in life end up blowing it often on their "posses" and what not, mc hammer being the poster boy.

that boxer dude, what's his face, the bald kid, is often seen in vegas literally throwing wads of hundreds in the air.   ::)
Deep Tissue Massage

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 07:54:41 AM »
Floyd "money" Mayweather?

that boxer dude, what's his face, the bald kid, is often seen in vegas literally throwing wads of hundreds in the air.   ::)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 08:19:11 AM »
This will let him down easy and save the friendship.

"Wow, that's rough bro.  Look, don't take this the wrong way but my dad once told me that it's no good for a man to take money from another man because it poisons the friendship.  I wish I could help you out but I don't want there to be a debt between me and you, so... hey, I know!  I could give it to your wife.  Then it's her debt.  Tell her come by around 8 o'clock, we'll have a little dinner and talk over the particulars, and as long as we come to an agreement about things she ought to be back with the money not much later than midnight.  

How's the rest of the family doing?  What's your sister up to these days?  Your daughter... she's what now?  A junior, senior?  How's your mom doin'?"

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 08:23:36 AM »
I only ever lent a large amount of money once, and the guy failed to pay it back by the agreed time.  He avoided me when I tried to contact him, even when I said I NEEDED it or I would be in trouble.  I did eventually get it back tho.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 08:32:43 AM »
Your a shitty person than, direct family members of yours will die, and if you ever get laid again you will get herpes, fact.
::)

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 08:39:54 AM »
::)

Don't worry about him bro.  What's been happening?  How's your gf these days?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2011, 08:50:19 AM »
Don't worry about him bro.  What's been happening?  How's your gf these days?
? ???

doesnt make any sense.