Author Topic: Lesnar Vs Overreem  (Read 13519 times)

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
Lesnar Vs Overreem
« on: September 06, 2011, 01:45:43 PM »
You got to give this man credit he doesn't take any easy fights.
Takes on a former UFC champion Mir in his second fight ever. Then he takes on Health Herring who isn't exactly a pussy, Couture and Mir again
Suffers life threatening illness, comes back from illness and fights Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez within a few months of eachother
Gets sick again and has 10 inches of his colon removed and is fighting Ovewreem in his return match. You think they would give him someone a little bit easier for his return fight. Nope Brock only fights the toughest mfers in the world.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Lesnar Vs Overreem
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 01:48:09 PM »
You got to give this man credit he doesn't take any easy fights.
Takes on a former UFC champion Mir in his second fight ever. Then he takes on Health Herring who isn't exactly a pussy, Couture and Mir again
Suffers life threatening illness, comes back from illness and fights Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez within a few months of eachother
Gets sick again and has 10 inches of his colon removed and is fighting Ovewreem in his return match. You think they would give him someone a little bit easier for his return fight. Nope Brock only fights the toughest mfers in the world.

Overreem is going to beat the shit out of him.

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 01:48:18 PM »
Overeem is actually good at fighting, he may be the best heavy weight fighter ever

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 01:49:59 PM »
Overreem is going to beat the shit out of him.

Will see about that. Once Brock shoots a double on that London fagget he's gonna turn his face into hamburger meat. Just like he did to Mir.

Pete Nice

• Getbig IV
  • Can't wait until the new DaddyWaddy's come out
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 01:55:28 PM »
Interesting matchup, this is a huge opportunity for Brock to get back in to the HW picture.  Not sure that Overeem has ever faced a wrestler of Brock's caliber, (especially his strength and size) so it will be interesting to see how Alistair's takedown defense looks against someone like Brock.
Air Falcon

DeketheCreep

• Getbig IV
  • then does a head stand and spread his ass apart!
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2011, 01:55:56 PM »
Hell yes,cant wait for this fight!!
 ;D

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2011, 01:58:24 PM »
Will see about that. Once Brock shoots a double on that London fagget he's gonna turn his face into hamburger meat. Just like he did to Mir.
Oh please gonna.be hard to against a.guy just as.big.and strong as you and.10 x more.skill.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2011, 01:59:47 PM »
Does Brock have the strength he once did, does he have the self belief that he has what it takes to beat him, has the surgery & the vicious loss to Cain affected him mentally? These are questions Overeem will look to answer because hes big & strong with excellent striking.

Brock was stronger for sure but it may be a level playing field now or even advantage Overeem, Brock couldnt take down Carwin and had to wait on him gassing. This is a really tough pick but im going to have to choose Lesnar by TKO via GnP in Rd 2.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2011, 02:04:25 PM »
Overeem by whatever he wants.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2011, 02:31:22 PM »
If this is for real it will be an awesome fight. I'll give this to Overeem.

However, the winner gets to fight Derek Poundstone to settle the "tough guy fighting" issue once and for all.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2011, 02:40:05 PM »
Funny how a man thats scared to take a hit takes on pretty much mma's best hw striker  ::) . I think cain would outstrike him. So hes taken on the best hw striker and now imo the second best. Damn what a pussy.

I just hope he will be healthy. :)

Dude has been to hell and back twice in the last few years. Hopefully he can take out overeem. Needa to practise striking alot so he can set up the td and doesnt rush too much.

The Knee cain caught brock with settled the deal in their match. And overeem has Deadly literally knees in the clinch.

Mir imo would have been better as a rubbermatch. But I guess Its the big wolves right away Again
 mir had asked for it also I think.

if brock loses overeem would face the winner between cain/jds for the title and that would be cain and Overeem Vs Cain would be Incredible. Having Cain beat up the k-1 champ.

But I'm a lifetime member of TEAM LESNAR so GO BROCK lol.

edit* fuck, teamlesnar.com is taken lol

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 02:40:34 PM »
I guess Lesnar the viking didn't get enough of an ass beating by that mexican

Btw... has Cain Valasquz fought anyone since he beat the ever lasting shit out of Lesnar ?

chess315

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2011, 04:16:34 PM »
in all actuallity the cain fight wasnt really a fight lesnar stumbled that can happen to anyone. He may not have the best technique but he is more then capable of beating anyone.

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2011, 05:51:47 PM »
Well I hope Lesnar at least comes to fight Overeem toe-to-toe, not like Werdum in the Heavyweight Grand Prix.

Fucking boring fight - sucked anus.  ::)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2011, 06:10:25 PM »
Brock cannot be knocked out!! Thats a fact. Carwin and Velasquez hit Brock with everything they had. Brock is tough. I think Brock will win this.

I think Cain and Junior can beat Overeem too.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2011, 06:16:49 PM »

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 06:42:19 PM »

Btw... has Cain Valasquz fought anyone since he beat the ever lasting shit out of Lesnar ?

No. Brock hurt Cain pretty bad in the initial 30 seconds of their fight. Brock's flying knees and all out bullrush caught Cain off guard. Cain tore a rotator cuff muscle during Brock's charge. Cain took a long time to recover. He fights again in 2 months; against Junior Dos Santos.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2011, 07:17:06 PM »
wtf are you making up?

cain suffered a torn rotator cuff during the fight with brock.

Source: ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/extra/mma/news/story?id=5967956

chess315

« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2011, 07:24:16 PM »
brock stumbeld after that and was a sitting duck it cain won but it was hardly a legit fight all the way around

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2011, 07:51:52 PM »
This fight depends 100% on Lesnar, everyone knows what to expect from Overeem, but Lesnar had his ass kicked in the last fight and a major surgery to remove 10" of his ass, so many questions surround him and his ability, his aggression, his training.......it's up to Brock and IMO this is it, he gets stomped he'll be back in WWE sooner than later. :-\
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2011, 08:04:14 PM »
This fight depends 100% on Lesnar, everyone knows what to expect from Overeem, but Lesnar had his ass kicked in the last fight and a major surgery to remove 10" of his ass, so many questions surround him and his ability, his aggression, his training.......it's up to Brock and IMO this is it, he gets stomped he'll be back in WWE sooner than later. :-\

i believe it was disclosed that Brock earned about 8 million from the two bouts he had in 2010. He doesnt need the WWE

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2011, 08:21:42 PM »
i believe it was disclosed that Brock earned about 8 million from the two bouts he had in 2010. He doesnt need the WWE
I believe Brock at one point in time had to resign an extention with WWE because he blew a shitload of money on a private jet and other travel luxuries.  He may be frugal now, at least the image he portrays is a frugal one, but 8mil isn't a whole lot of money if you're living a lavish lifestyle.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2011, 08:32:28 PM »
I believe Brock at one point in time had to resign an extention with WWE because he blew a shitload of money on a private jet and other travel luxuries.  He may be frugal now, at least the image he portrays is a frugal one, but 8mil isn't a whole lot of money if you're living a lavish lifestyle.

Translation : I want to suck Lesnar's cock.

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2011, 09:02:25 PM »
Translation : I want to suck Lesnar's cock.
Self projected Outing!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2011, 12:48:46 AM »
Overeem is the bookies favorite, but he has no ground game. It might only take one takedown to decide this, and Lesnar's takedowns and ground and pound are more effective than Werdum's. Ultimately, Lesnar will probably do whats good for the franchise, meaning he'll throw the fight and let the Reem face Velasquez/Dos Santos then come back for the Mir rematch.