Author Topic: Video Game Allows Players to Slaughter "Tea Party Zombies" Like Palin/O'reilly  (Read 1689 times)

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
This is for the garebear/straw braintrust that says that the poor left is so much more civilized then the right.

http://mrctv.org/videos/video-game-allows-players-slaughter-tea-party-zombies-sarah-palin-and-bill-oreilly

Controversial online video game "Tea Party Zombies Must Die" allows players to slaughter Tea Partiers and famous conservatives with a variety of weapons. The graphic, offensive, and violent game was created by StarvingEyes Advergaming but does not have any obvious connection to or advertisement for any other group.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Some of my liberal friends were going nuts over the sale of a gun similar to the one used to shoot Giffords in Arizona.  I wonder what they will have to say about this? 

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Some of my liberal friends were going nuts over the sale of a gun similar to the one used to shoot Giffords in Arizona.  I wonder what they will have to say about this? 

Nothing.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Nothing.

Will not be holding my breathe. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Crickets.........yet we get a thread from poor ol GB on how the left is so much better. I'm sure we'll get some link from "stormfront" or other farrrrrr right site that shows a similar gaem...because all us righties are aligned with those nuts. This is a video game that allows the gamer to kill major political figures or right leaning pundits....I have to assume the folks who voted for Obama also made the game. I don't think there are to many stormfronters or other skinhead groups that are out there marching with the teaparty or voted McCain in the last election.
L

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Playing it now - only takes a minute to load, no sign up.

As you go through each level, it gives you political lectures about Tea Party, Koch brothers, etc.

lol

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
I didn't say there weren't crazies on both sides. My point was the people posting on here. You're just proving my point day after day by telling me how I'm a commie traitor or asshole who is trying to destroy the country.

We both know that tomorrow will begin a new day of conspiracy theories on right-wing talk radio which will last from sunup to sundown. And the day after that and the day after that and the day after that. At least a couple of the hosts will talk about anyone who disagrees is an enemy intent on destroying America. What conclusions are the listeners to draw but then to react with rage? Are they supposed to have a discussion with the people who are reportedly trying to destroy them? I saw another thread that you stated you were carrying a gun around all the time now. Does this sound like rational behavior?

If you met me in real life, would you take a shot at me?

I can't be on Getbig all day. I'm getting ready to move out of the country. Lots of loose ends to tie up.

Your rage is going all day and it's just proving my point. Can't you see that yet? I'm not even sure if you're arguing against me or for me anymore.

Not everyone has 18 hours a day to hit refresh and just wait for conflict.
G

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Glen is waaaay to fat. If I were Fox I'd sue this douchbag for using the logo. The Lefties are so jealous of the foxbabes...all they have is Maddow.

Are u serious dumbass. There were 120 people in my Kentucky CC class. That was one weekend. I'm glad your moving, don't let the door hit you in the ass.
L

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
Glen is waaaay to fat. If I were Fox I'd sue this douchbag for using the logo. The Lefties are so jealous of the foxbabes...all they have is Maddow.

Are u serious dumbass. There were 120 people in my Kentucky CC class. That was one weekend. I'm glad your moving, don't let the door hit you in the ass.
I'll still be voting.
G

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Someone should make a game where you get to shoot giant parasites wearing Teamsters and AFL-CIO t-shirts while they attack you with a hammer and sickle as they shout propaganda about how great President Downgrade is.

The hero can carry a gun that shoots copies of the Constitution at them.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
if youre playing a game where you 'slaughter' people all day, you're already in the realm of 'likes to pretend i'm violently ending people all day'.

I mean, in vice city, you carjack and murder people stopping their cars at red lights.  If a person hasn't complained about that kind of violence, they should STFU about games with other kinds of violence.  if it's only the political party of a person that makes it right/wrong to blow their brains out, I'd say the complainer has bigger mental issues to deal with.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
I'm sure 240 is stalking palin virtually as we speak.

Fury

• Getbig V
if youre playing a game where you 'slaughter' people all day, you're already in the realm of 'likes to pretend i'm violently ending people all day'.

I mean, in vice city, you carjack and murder people stopping their cars at red lights.  If a person hasn't complained about that kind of violence, they should STFU about games with other kinds of violence.  if it's only the political party of a person that makes it right/wrong to blow their brains out, I'd say the complainer has bigger mental issues to deal with.

Yes sir, nothing hypocritical about the left's whining about the "rhetoric" in Washington as they make a game where you get to cap American citizens who disagree with you politically.

Tell me, how many times did you get your stomach pumped at the last DNC?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Yes sir, nothing hypocritical about the left's whining about the "rhetoric" in Washington as they make a game where you get to cap American citizens who disagree with you politically.

i want to know the names of  the people in "the left" who 1) designed and sold this game and 2) whined about rhetoric.

My guess is that it's some wussies in DC complaining, and it's 3 kids in a dorm room in Oklahoma that made this game.  Probably not the same people.  But being able to group everyone you dislike - no matter how different their actions or ideology - into a title "the left" so it's easiest to hate them is cool too!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
i want to know the names of  the people in "the left" who 1) designed and sold this game and 2) whined about rhetoric.

My guess is that it's some wussies in DC complaining, and it's 3 kids in a dorm room in Oklahoma that made this game.  Probably not the same people.  But being able to group everyone you dislike - no matter how different their actions or ideology - into a title "the left" so it's easiest to hate them is cool too!

Wow, so now instead of being the Obama ball washer your now the libertarian crusader.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Wow, so now instead of being the Obama ball washer your now the libertarian crusader.

i think a person should be on one side, or another.

if you're okay with video games where you can slaughter any group - gangsters, bystanders, police, certain brand of soldiers - why is it suddenly wrong to add political party to that?

I mean, unless whoever is crying here, was crying about "police" when Rockstar games allowed 12 year olds to decapitate virtual cops with vietual chainsaws in GTA3...

Well, if you're going to cry about one, you should cry about all.   Unless you picketed the rights of cops when that game came out, please don't complain now, you know?  It's the kind of people who only get offended some of that time that are annoying.

if you're offended by violent games - condemn them all.  Not just the ones that happen to clash with y our political ideology.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
There are crazies on both sides: what about this gem?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left_Behind:_Eternal_Forces

Left Behind: Eternal Forces is a Christian real-time strategy game developed and published by Inspired Media Entertainment (formerly Left Behind Games) for Microsoft Windows. It was released on November 7, 2006. The game is based on the evangelical Christian Left Behind series of novels.

The game features a single-player campaign and an online multiplayer mode.

In the single-player campaign, the player controls the Tribulation Force, a Christian group in a post-Rapture New York City, who are combating the influence of the Global Community, the world government led by the Antichrist Nicolae Carpathia. The player directs the actions of the main characters (Rayford Steele, Cameron "Buck" Williams, Chloe Steele, and Bruce Barnes) and the Tribulation Force's units in an effort to defeat the Global Community by converting neutral and Global Community-allied civilians to their side, or by using lethal force when necessary. The player is encouraged to use conversion over violence when possible, since killing causes the "spirit level" of the player's units to drop. If the "spirit level" of a player's unit drops too low, the unit will turn neutral or defect to the GC, which can cause the player to lose the game.

In the multiplayer component of the game, up to eight players can compete online against each other in teams, with one team playing as the Tribulation Force and the other playing as the Global Community.[1]

Upon its release, Eternal Forces was subject to criticism from various watchdog groups claiming that it promoted religious warfare and bigotry.[23] Attorney Jack Thompson, who had strongly criticized violence in other video games, was particularly displeased with the game. Thompson claimed "The game is about killing people for their lack of faith in Jesus," which he claimed made it incompatible with basic Christian doctrine, and subsequently broke his connections with Left Behind publisher Tyndale House.[24]

The Christian Alliance for Progress, decried it as "antithetical to the Gospel of Jesus Christ."[25] Campaign to Defend the Constitution was also listed among critics and cited religious intolerance and violence as a large and objectionable part of the game.[26]

American Atheists referred to it as "A violent Christian video game that promotes religious bigotry and intolerance".[27]

The Anti-Defamation League criticized the game for what they called its "exclusivist religious system" against Jews. However, they also stated that the game avoided the level of violence found in the novels and that it was "an option only used by players if necessary when their forces are attacked by those hunting them, and any characters that kill others in the game are penalized". They went on to say that "Conversion to Christianity in the game is not depicted as forcible in nature, and violence is not rewarded in the game."[28]
I hate the State.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
LOL at "FACTORY MADE BLONDE FOX NEWS BARBIE WHO HAS NEVER HAD A PROBLEM IN HER LIFE ZOMBIE"

Not cool using must die with real people though.  the left bitches about that and then someone does it. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
i think a person should be on one side, or another.

This from the biggest fucking waffle on GB?

This from the tool always crying that people think because he's against Gitmo he's for terrorists?

Gimme a fuck'n break shill.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Its a free country lol

Fury

• Getbig V

Left Behind: Eternal Forces is a Christian real-time strategy game developed and published by Inspired Media Entertainment (formerly Left Behind Games) for Microsoft Windows. It was released on November 7, 2006. The game is based on the evangelical Christian Left Behind series of novels.

In the single-player campaign, the player controls the Tribulation Force, a Christian group in a post-Rapture New York City, who are combating the influence of the Global Community, the world government led by the Antichrist Nicolae Carpathia. The player directs the actions of the main characters (Rayford Steele, Cameron "Buck" Williams, Chloe Steele, and Bruce Barnes) and the Tribulation Force's units in an effort to defeat the Global Community by converting neutral and Global Community-allied civilians to their side, or by using lethal force when necessary. The player is encouraged to use conversion over violence when possible, since killing causes the "spirit level" of the player's units to drop. If the "spirit level" of a player's unit drops too low, the unit will turn neutral or defect to the GC, which can cause the player to lose the game.

In the multiplayer component of the game, up to eight players can compete online against each other in teams, with one team playing as the Tribulation Force and the other playing as the Global Community.[1]

Upon its release, Eternal Forces was subject to criticism from various watchdog groups claiming that it promoted religious warfare and bigotry.[23] Attorney Jack Thompson, who had strongly criticized violence in other video games, was particularly displeased with the game. Thompson claimed "The game is about killing people for their lack of faith in Jesus," which he claimed made it incompatible with basic Christian doctrine, and subsequently broke his connections with Left Behind publisher Tyndale House.[24]

The Christian Alliance for Progress, decried it as "antithetical to the Gospel of Jesus Christ."[25] Campaign to Defend the Constitution was also listed among critics and cited religious intolerance and violence as a large and objectionable part of the game.[26]

American Atheists referred to it as "A violent Christian video game that promotes religious bigotry and intolerance".[27]

The Anti-Defamation League criticized the game for what they called its "exclusivist religious system" against Jews. However, they also stated that the game avoided the level of violence found in the novels and that it was "an option only used by players if necessary when their forces are attacked by those hunting them, and any characters that kill others in the game are penalized". They went on to say that "Conversion to Christianity in the game is not depicted as forcible in nature, and violence is not rewarded in the game."[28]

Who cares, nerd? We get it, you hate Christians.

tonymctones

• Getbig V

there are plenty of liberal and independent christians too, your posts makes you look ignorant...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
there are plenty of liberal and independent christians too, your posts makes you look ignorant...
silly, didn't you know liberal christians are not real christians!  :D  so I've heard more than a few times anyway..

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I'm sure 240 is stalking palin virtually as we speak.
hahahahah

I can see him now, pale and pasty from being inside all day, sweat dripping down his nose on to his keyboard, wife beater stained with cheetos and greese, screaming at the top of his lungs as palin's zombie kills him leaving him curled up in the fetal position in the corner mumbling about 7 hour plane rides and pictures of her 9 months pregnant.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
silly, didn't you know liberal christians are not real christians!  :D  so I've heard more than a few times anyway..
never heard that...but it sounds similar to all religious ppl are neo-cons. ;)