Author Topic: Texas cut fire department spending by 75% this year  (Read 2948 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Texas cut fire department spending by 75% this year
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »
Yeah, I'm sure you agree with RP on some minor issue that no one ever heard of, yet you disagree with his economic and foreign policy agenda. 

how about you choose the top 20 RPaul issues.  list where he is, and i'll list where i stand on each.  we'll see if 100%, 85%, 75%, or any other number you create is accurate.  i agree he and I are differnet on some issues, but he is my #1 choice because overall, he's the ONLY candidate that won't be business as usual.  bush = obama = mccain = perry = mitt.  let's be honest.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 12:44:17 PM »
how about you choose the top 20 RPaul issues.  list where he is, and i'll list where i stand on each.  we'll see if 100%, 85%, 75%, or any other number you create is accurate.  i agree he and I are differnet on some issues, but he is my #1 choice because overall, he's the ONLY candidate that won't be business as usual.  bush = obama = mccain = perry = mitt.  let's be honest.

Bullshit - you disagree on the most important issues and are jumping on the bandwagon after your messiah has failed so miserably. 

TARP
Medicare
SS
Lybia
TALF
Stim Bill
Welfare

and on and on and on and on.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2011, 12:45:54 PM »
Bullshit - you disagree on the most important issues and are jumping on the bandwagon after your messiah has failed so miserably. 

TARP
Medicare
SS
Lybia
TALF
Stim Bill
Welfare

and on and on and on and on.   

you made a claim.  3 claims, actually.

i offered to prove or disprove your claim, asking only that you google 'ron paul position on issues' so that i could painstakingly detail where i am on each issue.

you decline.  ???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2011, 12:47:15 PM »
The ones I listed above are the most pertinent and you disagree with them all. 

Other than gun control, you are an obamabot through and through.   

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2011, 02:02:59 PM »
Perry's the most corrupt, with Romney close behind, Bachmann is nuts, Palin is incompetent. To be honest, at this point they make Barry look like a solid choice.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2011, 02:04:05 PM »
Perry's the most corrupt, with Romney close behind, Bachmann is nuts, Palin is incompetent. To be honest, at this point they make Barry look like a solid choice.

LMFAO!   

Solyndra and F&F mean anything to you? 

Dr Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 02:07:08 PM »
LMFAO!   

Ya, that Bush handed off a flaming bag of crap to his successor.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 02:07:56 PM »
Ya, that Bush handed off a flaming bag of crap to his successor.

FAIL   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 02:12:55 PM »
LMFAO!   

your only retort is 'obama sucks to'?

dammit man, defend the GOpers

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2011, 02:15:18 PM »
your only retort is 'obama sucks to'?

dammit man, defend the GOpers

I already did my math calculation.  A guatamalen illegal alien homeless drunk ape sleeping a cardboard mat in NYC has a better chance at being a good potus than obama.   

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2011, 02:32:07 PM »
so that i could painstakingly detail where i am on each issue.

you decline.  ???

Who wouldn't decline?  Your stance changes each day - hell sometimes each hour of each day.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2011, 03:57:40 PM »
  A guatamalen illegal alien homeless drunk ape sleeping a cardboard mat in NYC has a better chance at being a good potus than obama.   

hahahahahahahah

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2011, 04:00:04 PM »
I only read the first post on the top of this page. Is 180 still claiming to support Ron Paul despite the fact that he disagrees with every one of his viewpoints? He's a pathetic bandwagon shill that still thinks posing as a fiscal conservative will lend credence to his Obama dick sucking.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2011, 04:32:49 PM »
I only read the first post on the top of this page. Is 180 still claiming to support Ron Paul despite the fact that he disagrees with every one of his viewpoints? He's a pathetic bandwagon shill that still thinks posing as a fiscal conservative will lend credence to his Obama dick sucking.

No, you have list each stance and he'll tell you where he is on it as of: Wednesday  September 07, 2011, 1931hrs.

Disclaimer:  240's stance subject to change with date, wind direction, spinability, and Palin's latest tweets.

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2011, 06:19:09 AM »
LOL damn bro you gotta pace yourself, you still have over a year to go
really?  that's the same thing I've been telling 333386 for months now..
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2011, 03:32:42 PM »
really?  that's the same thing I've been telling 333386 for months now..
cool story hansel...

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2011, 06:39:07 PM »

No, you have list each stance and he'll tell you where he is on it as of: Wednesday  September 07, 2011, 1931hrs.

Disclaimer:  240's stance subject to change with date, wind direction, spinability, and Palin's latest tweets.

Hahahahahaha. He should really give some serious thought about attaching that disclaimer to his posts.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2011, 08:16:21 PM »
Quit arguing, you guys.
G

chadstallion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2011, 11:02:10 AM »
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2011, 01:28:54 PM »
Volunteer firefighters turned away in Bastrop; officials say they lacked equipment, training
By Mike Ward AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
www.drudgereport.com

Published: 9:28 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 8, 2011

David Avary and Ryan Smith said they drove all the way from Odessa to help, only to be sent home.

Don Perry came in from San Antonio, with the same result. Days later, he's still steaming.

The three firefighters were among dozens, perhaps hundreds, who answered the call for volunteers to help battle one of Texas' most destructive wildfires in decades — and went home empty-handed and, in many cases, unhappy.

In what may be the biggest public glitch so far in the extensive emergency effort, state and local officials Thursday detailed for the first time why they turned away the help as the fires raged.

"We may have had some of the world's finest firefighters showing up, but if they weren't properly qualified or trained and had no equipment, we had no choice," said Mike Fisher, Bastrop County's emergency management director.

"I hate to tell anybody, 'We don't need you,' but we absolutely didn't want to get anyone hurt."

At the same time, other local officials said many of the self-dispatched firefighters brought no equipment with them and had inadequate training to fight the wildfires. They asked not to be quoted because they were not authorized to speak to reporters.

Even so, some were reported to have tried to sign on with neighboring volunteer fire departments that sent firefighters to the scene, although that couldn't be confirmed Thursday because those departments were out fighting the fires.

By midweek, stories of the turn-aways were sweeping through the blogosphere, bringing criticism to Bastrop's firefighting effort.

"With wildland firefighting, we have to have folks trained, qualified and credentialed," Holly Huffman, a spokeswoman for the Texas Forest Service who is overseeing much of the firefighting coordination, told a television reporter.

"We've got folks that are self-dispatching and coming in and maybe aren't credentialed in wildland firefighting. That just adds to the risk of someone getting hurt, and that's the last thing that we want."

Once the fires broke out Sunday, local officials quickly sought state assistance to fight the quickly spreading flames. About the same time as Austin officials on Tuesday requested assistance from off-duty firefighters to help battle two Travis County blazes, a Facebook message called for firefighters to come to Bastrop.

The message quickly went viral.

Avary and Smith, both volunteer firefighters in Ector County, told NewsWest 9 in Midland/Odessa on Wednesday that they drove to Bastrop to answer the call but were sent home Tuesday. Perry told much the same story, standing Thursday outside the Bastrop Convention and Exhibit Center, where he was helping hand out supplies to evacuees.

"I called Bastrop, and they said they could use whatever assistance they could get, so I drove up, " said Perry, a retired firefighter. "I'm still ticked off about the way they handled it."

Unlike others, Perry said he brought his equipment and is qualified to fight fires like those in Bastrop, from his days as a military firefighter in Arizona.

But Fisher and other officials said trained firefighters were dispatched to battle the blazes as part of a closely coordinated, strategic campaign.

Firefighters were brought in from across Texas and the nation — some U.S. Forest Service teams came in from as far away as Northern California, officials said — and all were organized and sent to specific areas based on their training and equipment, Fisher said.

That coordinated response was handled through the Texas Intrastate Fire Mutual Aid System, Fisher said, a network that allows officials across the state to closely coordinate the assignment of manpower and equipment in large emergencies such as the wildfires.

By Wednesday, Texas Forest Service officials said, 19 strike teams were on duty across the state fighting fires.

"Fighting these fires is a very precise process," Fisher said. "And even though we appreciate people volunteering, sometimes we can't accommodate them."

mward@statesman.com