Author Topic: Joaquim Phoenix: Alpha Male  (Read 7388 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: Joaquim Phoenix: Alpha Male
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2011, 10:38:49 AM »
I don't even know why I'm bothering...

so, you believe that at the height of his popularity he decided to make a mockumentary and for 2 years straight he was so committed that he was appearing everywhere in "character", even at his mums parties where there were no cameras, with terrible b.o. asking if we were fkd up too. Well... he had me fooled.

you guys are so thick.

I think you greatly underestimate a true Thespian's committment to his craft. DeNiro put on 40 lbs for "Raging Bull". Bruno Ganz hired a speech therapist to teach him the accent of the Obbersalzberg area where Hitler was born for his role in "Der Untergang". Natalie Portman practiced twisting and did special exercises for hours a day for almost a year for her role in "Black Swan". Great actors are fanatically committed to making a role as realistic as possible.

Phoenix was hired to play the role of a multi-millionaire celebrity who is so alpha that he leaves everything to pursue his dream despite everyone ridiculing and criticizing him for his decision. This role required a famous actor because it was about exploring how the public and media reacts to celebrities. And no one played alpha male as well as Joaquim Phoenix. His stunt as a mad modern-day caveman who doesen't bathe and sings about telling people to go fuck themselves was the most alpha and most entertaining thing I have ever seen.

Do you think the alternative is more plausible? That Phoenix suddenly went crazy, left his multi-millionaire Hollywood paychecks for an uncertain career in hip-hop of all musical styles, let his beard grow to a degree that would scare an Al Quaeda recruitment officer, started to walk and talk like a late-stage alcoholic who also looks like he has several infections like toxicoplasmosis and salmonella, and then suddenly in a moment went back to being normal?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2011, 10:46:04 AM »
Deep Tissue Massage

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2011, 10:51:46 AM »

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2011, 05:45:10 PM »
Its joaquin actually,  no joaquim

WOOOSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

epic_alien

« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2011, 05:59:02 PM »
" i dont fear fucking fear"

jdooly

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2011, 07:45:32 PM »

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2011, 08:09:10 PM »
no shit.
i think the reason he said it was a hoax is because the whole idea sucked, not because there was some underlying cover up.

a great song with the very fucked up on drugs John Frusciante of chili peppers and river phoenix, johnny failcan approved:

interesting interview, look how lean as fuck these junkies faces are. i guess its a slight morbid fascination of druggies; while drugs diminish the body the open up deeper end of life talents :( dude sings very well
A

Dr Kincaid

• Getbig III
  • Ice machine broken
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2011, 09:34:21 PM »
tism, lol

havent heard that song in ages

Yeah cool song.
I also like Greg the Stop Sign, about that classic Brady Bunch episode.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2011, 10:40:20 PM »
Joaquim Phoenix tried to pull an Andy Kaufman but mainstream and interweb media didn't buy what he was selling. It ended up being a complete fail for the Phoenix camp. FYI I and most people believe is in a great actor. But he jumped the shark with the Kaufman like BS. Because Kaufman was clinically crazy and played us his whole life.

Kaufman +1

River Phoenix +1

Joaquim Phoenix -1

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2011, 12:21:24 AM »
  I think you greatly underestimate a true Thespian's committment to his craft. DeNiro put on 40 lbs for "Raging Bull". Bruno Ganz hired a speech therapist to teach him the accent of the Obbersalzberg area where Hitler was born for his role in "Der Untergang". Natalie Portman practiced twisting and did special exercises for hours a day for almost a year for her role in "Black Swan". Great actors are fanatically committed to making a role as realistic as possible.

Phoenix was hired to play the role of a multi-millionaire celebrity who is so alpha that he leaves everything to pursue his dream despite everyone ridiculing and criticizing him for his decision. This role required a famous actor because it was about exploring how the public and media reacts to celebrities. And no one played alpha male as well as Joaquim Phoenix. His stunt as a mad modern-day caveman who doesen't bathe and sings about telling people to go fuck themselves was the most alpha and most entertaining thing I have ever seen.

Do you think the alternative is more plausible? That Phoenix suddenly went crazy, left his multi-millionaire Hollywood paychecks for an uncertain career in hip-hop of all musical styles, let his beard grow to a degree that would scare an Al Quaeda recruitment officer, started to walk and talk like a late-stage alcoholic who also looks like he has several infections like toxicoplasmosis and salmonella, and then suddenly in a moment went back to being normal?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

You got it.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2011, 05:24:17 AM »
it always creeps my wife out when i quote that movie at family gatherings.

"machine, love your work"

I swear, if I had friends, I would quote that movie all the time with them

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2011, 05:39:38 AM »
I don't even know why I'm bothering...

so, you believe that at the height of his popularity he decided to make a mockumentary and for 2 years straight he was so committed that he was appearing everywhere in "character", even at his mums parties where there were no cameras, with terrible b.o. asking if we were fkd up too. Well... he had me fooled.

you guys are so thick.

Then don't bother.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2011, 06:13:24 AM »
machine o.m.m.

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2011, 06:30:17 AM »
  I think you greatly underestimate a true Thespian's committment to his craft.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Doesn't Daniel day lewis go pretty fucking deep also? Crazy deep?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2011, 06:56:23 AM »
Doesn't Daniel day lewis go pretty fucking deep also? Crazy deep?

Well, his performance in "There Will Be Blood" is probably the best I have ever seen, being rivaled only by Bruno Ganz's as Hitler in "Der Untergang" or Lawrence Olivier as Crassus in "Spartacus", so he probably does study a lot for his roles. Or he is just supremely naturally talented. I don't know.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2011, 06:59:36 AM »
  Well, his performance in "There Will Be Blood" is probably the best I have ever seen, being rivaled only by Bruno Ganz's as Hitler in "Der Untergang" or Lawrence Olivier as Crassus in "Spartacus", so he probably does study a lot for his roles. Or he is just supremely naturally talented. I don't know.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

apparently he studys A lot. I was hoping you had some storie about that also.

Maby Bill has some..