Author Topic: "Wrestling" Taken Too Far  (Read 3206 times)

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
"Wrestling" Taken Too Far
« on: September 08, 2011, 08:56:03 PM »
BJW, CZW, XPW - these federations have distorted sports entertainment into something unsettling

they really have taken "wrestling" too far

littleguns

• Getbig V
Re: "Wrestling" Taken Too Far
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 03:23:04 AM »
Ok I saw some Pros but also indie wrestlers. How can these guys do this for $25 and return to their jobs at Subway the next day? Crazy...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 07:55:26 AM »
I agree.  They raised the bar to the level that there isn't much else that can be done.  I grew up watching Flair and Steamboat wrestle for an hour, keep you on the edge of your seat and not once jump off the roof of the building to build heat.  Storytelling is dead and now it's just about the quick "pop."

Everytime wrestlers try to slow a match down and tell a story the idiot crowd chants of "boring" start-up.   Stupid fans are as much to blame for the current state of wrestling as the promoters.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 08:11:20 AM »
Glorified yard tards...can't cut a promo, no ring psychology, can't pace or even have a real match. Worse, none of them look the part, 153 lbs, jean shorts, sleeveless Pantera tee-shirt. Then their 18 fans will call you a mark if you dont "get them"...a disgrace to the industry and the people who are and were real workers.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 02:05:33 PM »
For all intents and purposes, professional wrestling is DEAD.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 08:52:52 AM »
For all intents and purposes, professional wrestling is DEAD.
What are we going to talk about then?

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 09:09:22 AM »
I agree.  They raised the bar to the level that there isn't much else that can be done. 

When i was a kid i liked to watch the matches that had big guys throwing each other around and the matches ended by pin or a tap out. Also they kept the "story line" going from show to show so there were always "rivalries" and "grudges" now... Everything just needs to take a step back to wrestling were guys do throws and maybe some turn buckle stuff, but who likes to watch scrawny stunt men "wrestle?" 
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG