Author Topic: 2011 Olympia - Experts Disagree on Mr. O Predictions  (Read 7272 times)

TK

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
2011 Olympia - Experts Disagree on Mr. O Predictions
« on: September 10, 2011, 05:14:34 PM »
From Lonnie Teper's blog

http://www.ironmanmagazine.com/blogs/lonnie/?p=3121

The moment you’ve all been waiting for has finally arrived. The “Experts” have put their Mr. Olympia predictions on the line. And, as usual, it’s not a party line vote. The most acclaimed “Expert”, the Swami, is again going with Jay Cutler to make it five Sandows this coming weekend at the Orleans Arena in Las Vegas, NV. Hardbody Hinds is, per usual, shouting that nobody will touch Phil Heath this year, and says The Gift should have been unwrapped in 2010. Yogi Avidan insists Kai Greene, coming off his easy win at the New York Pro in May, will be mean and lean en route to his first Olympia crown. All three had Branch Warren in the top five; Branch will sit this one out after tearing a quad on August 20 at a guest posing appearance.

Drum roll, please:

SWAMI

1. Jay Cutler
2. Phil Heath
3. Kai Greene
4. Dennis Wolf
5. Dexter Jackson
6. Victor Martinez

HARDBODY HINDS

1. Phil Heath
2. Jay Cutler
3. Kai Greene
4. Dennis Wolf
5. Dexter Jackson
6. Victor Martinez

YOGI AVIDAN

1. Kai Greene
2. Jay Cutler
3. Phil Heath
4. Dexter Jackson
5. Dennis Wolf
6. Ronny Rockel

Although the “Experts” agree to disagree on the Mr. O, all three are going with Kevin English to make it three wins in the 202 and Under Challenge.

We’re out.

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
Re: Experts Disagree on Mr. O Predictions
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 05:18:30 PM »
Well I be damned, Ron finally came around,   ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 05:19:36 PM »
bold move.  what does ron know?

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 05:21:12 PM »
that word "expert" sure gets thrown around loosely these days   :D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 05:23:02 PM »
Please tell me if I am correct on this statement:

Bodybuilding, in my opinion, is a very esoteric sport and is not followed by the mainstream of people. Thus, most people that follow bodybuilding also lift weights themselves. I believe you can follow baseball, football, basketball, or hockey, etc, without necessarily playing the sport itself. However, it appears that bodybuilding is one of those "sports" where you would only follow it if you actually engage in it on a daily basis. So, why would someone like Ron Avidan or Lonnie Tepper choose to follow bodybuilding?  ??? ??? They don't even lift. Why not follow baseball or football? This is weird and disturbing and scares me. Please speak on this.
X

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 05:26:29 PM »
To me it just looks like they rigged it where they all picked someone different. Lame shit.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 05:30:48 PM »
Congrats to Ron for losing another chin

240_Iz_Nutz

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2011, 05:33:01 PM »
Does Hinds "peel" for Lonnie.....Get Bigger's wanna know.....

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 05:36:04 PM »
Please tell me if I am correct on this statement:

Bodybuilding, in my opinion, is a very esoteric sport and is not followed by the mainstream of people. Thus, most people that follow bodybuilding also lift weights themselves. I believe you can follow baseball, football, basketball, or hockey, etc, without necessarily playing the sport itself. However, it appears that bodybuilding is one of those "sports" where you would only follow it if you actually engage in it on a daily basis. So, why would someone like Ron Avidan or Lonnie Tepper choose to follow bodybuilding?  ??? ??? They don't even lift. Why not follow baseball or football? This is weird and disturbing and scares me. Please speak on this.
Many athletes from other sports follow bbing, like Shannon Sharpe, and some even go to the contests, Halle Berry used to go to bbing contests like the AC and Olympia.

But, then again, my first statement just proved yours correct---Shannon Sharpe and some other guys, "lift weights religiously.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2011, 05:44:24 PM »
Many athletes from other sports follow bbing, like Shannon Sharpe, and some even go to the contests, Halle Berry used to go to bbing contests like the AC and Olympia.

But, then again, my first statement just proved yours correct---Shannon Sharpe and some other guys, "lift weights religiously.

Yes, Shannon Sharpe is in really good shape, and fuck, Halle Berry is in amazing shape! both lift regularly! Look at Ron and Lonnie  :-\ :-\
X

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2011, 06:59:17 PM »
Hoping for Cutler in first with Wolf in second.   If it were reversed, so much the better but Dennis would have to be dramatically improved to unseat the current champion.

The rest of the competitors I do not much care for.  In all honesty, I think Wolf would be good for the Olympia and bodybuilding in general.  Far more aesthetically pleasing (if that is possible given the size of all of the competitors) due in part to his height and structure.  An association of sorts could be made with the Oak, but that would be a stretch albeit one that could be made on behalf of turning the game around.

Heath is a sugared piglet, Kai a perverse niglet and Branch is Gimli, Son of Gloin and lost in Mordor for now.  Jay is more articulate than Dennis but that may well be a language advantage and not one of intellect.

Bodybuilding needs something not only to rally around but to broaden its appeal outside Schmodom.  A Nubret or Zane would be preferable, as would a Paris but to be honest there can only be one Arnold and that's not going to happen again for some time.  Wolf might do.

I wish him luck. 

Papper

• Getbig V
  • Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2011, 12:52:05 AM »
that word "expert" sure gets thrown around loosely these days   :D

well it is in quotations marks everywhere it's used, which is nice to see

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2011, 02:28:11 AM »
Hoping for Cutler in first with Wolf in second.   If it were reversed, so much the better but Dennis would have to be dramatically improved to unseat the current champion.

The rest of the competitors I do not much care for.  In all honesty, I think Wolf would be good for the Olympia and bodybuilding in general.  Far more aesthetically pleasing (if that is possible given the size of all of the competitors) due in part to his height and structure.  An association of sorts could be made with the Oak, but that would be a stretch albeit one that could be made on behalf of turning the game around.

Heath is a sugared piglet, Kai a perverse niglet and Branch is Gimli, Son of Gloin and lost in Mordor for now.  Jay is more articulate than Dennis but that may well be a language advantage and not one of intellect.

Bodybuilding needs something not only to rally around but to broaden its appeal outside Schmodom.  A Nubret or Zane would be preferable, as would a Paris but to be honest there can only be one Arnold and that's not going to happen again for some time.  Wolf might do.

I wish him luck. 

LMAO

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2011, 02:49:48 AM »
Lionel Beyeke Mr. O 2011

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2011, 04:54:33 AM »
What does Chick predict?

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2011, 04:58:18 AM »
I don't get it.

They all seriously put Dex in top 6  ??? LOL

Well, maybe now that Branch is out, Dex can place at 6th but that's it. At max. Probably lower. Kid is finished. Get over it. Let him rest already.

lastrep

• Getbig III
  • One Last Rep!
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2011, 05:00:16 AM »
LOL.. "expert predictions"

Nobody has a clue because it's 100% guessing game.. but I guess it's in Vegas so why not?

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2011, 05:16:56 AM »
I don't get it.

They all seriously put Dex in top 6  ??? LOL

They fancy dwarfs, maybe they are LOTR fans....

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2011, 07:11:36 AM »
these so called "experts" and um, why are they experts again in a subjective contest? anyway, by now, we all know it's all about who they are friends with, who they hate and can't stand, who they can be "buddies with and use" to increase their own value and attention and what not in this world etcetera, etcetera....

musclecenter

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mr.Taiwan
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2011, 07:22:49 AM »
but Victor Martinez & Kai Greene both finally not in top 6 last year.

mantronik

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2011, 07:51:36 AM »
If judging is on point then Rockell should end up higher then Martinez and Jackson.
Yes he has weaker back poses then both of them, but overpowers them in the rest of the poses

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2011, 07:53:06 AM »
LONNIE PEEL

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2011, 07:55:26 AM »
very well said ;D

I wish him luck. 

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2011, 07:57:24 AM »
has lonnie teper ever trained?

as another poster said, this is not a sport you can support if youve never had a personal interest in it

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2011, 09:28:15 AM »

Didn't Sharpe use to be a spokesman for EAS during the Bill Phillips years?