Author Topic: SF HWT GP is on tonight  (Read 2123 times)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
SF HWT GP is on tonight
« on: September 10, 2011, 06:04:23 PM »

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
Re: SF HWT GP is on tonight
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 06:06:33 PM »

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 06:08:54 PM »

Bas is doing the prelims on hdnet

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 04:22:29 AM »
Performance of the tournament for Cormier perhaps? Disappointed that Roger was KO'd because i just dont like King Mo, he truly believes he is better than he is and would be handled comfortably by alot of the talent in UFC.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 10:17:10 PM »
Performance of the tournament for Cormier perhaps? Disappointed that Roger was KO'd because i just dont like King Mo, he truly believes he is better than he is and would be handled comfortably by alot of the talent in UFC.

agree 100% on king mo. he;s a bum with quick hands
irongearco.com

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 10:18:10 PM »

i have to say cormier was impressive. i do think barnett will take him but i think that fight is interesting as well
irongearco.com

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2011, 02:54:55 AM »
Barnett has the ground advantage & Cormier evidently has the standup, however they are both relatively strong in their "weaker" areas (Barnett is not bad with his striking and Cormier's wrestling is 2nd to none). I think Barnett will sub him however he needs to be extremely weary of those jackhammers Cormier swings about.

Should Cormier win this then he has to come straight over to the UFC and fight a top 5 guy, if Barnett wins then i dont know what Dana will do. My gut says he'll give him a shot against a top 5 in the hopes he gets smashed.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 06:38:43 PM »
Barnett has the ground advantage & Cormier evidently has the standup, however they are both relatively strong in their "weaker" areas (Barnett is not bad with his striking and Cormier's wrestling is 2nd to none). I think Barnett will sub him however he needs to be extremely weary of those jackhammers Cormier swings about.

Should Cormier win this then he has to come straight over to the UFC and fight a top 5 guy, if Barnett wins then i dont know what Dana will do. My gut says he'll give him a shot against a top 5 in the hopes he gets smashed.

You are completely crazy. Barnett is much better than any heavyweight in the UFC. On a good day he beats Cain Velasquez and takes the belt. I can see Barnett walking over all heavyweights in the UFC except for Cain and JDS. He is much more well-rounded, experienced and smarter in his decision making than any heavyweights the UFC has. This is the guy who demolished Randy Couture when Couture was in his prime.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2011, 01:07:22 AM »
  You are completely crazy. Barnett is much better than any heavyweight in the UFC. On a good day he beats Cain Velasquez and takes the belt. I can see Barnett walking over all heavyweights in the UFC except for Cain and JDS. He is much more well-rounded, experienced and smarter in his decision making than any heavyweights the UFC has. This is the guy who demolished Randy Couture when Couture was in his prime.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I am very much aware of who Josh Barnett is and what his standing in MMA is, and have been for over a decade. He's also the man who was handled 2 times by a prime Mirko so he's never been deemed unbeatable. I said Dana would give him a top 5 guy because they have bad blood, Dana's not exactly going to reward him with a title shot right off the bat. I think he would feed him to Carwin and hope Carwin smashes his head off to he can trash him, that was my meaning.