Author Topic: Perry a no-show in Bastrop  (Read 347 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Perry a no-show in Bastrop
« on: September 10, 2011, 07:36:57 PM »

BASTROP, Texas (KXAN) - Gov. Rick Perry canceled a walk-through of destroyed Bastrop neighborhoods Saturday afternoon and then was a no-show a press conference where residents and media waited.

His press secretary, Allison Castle, was peppered with questions by media and residents. Castle said logistial issues and a late change in the location were factors in the governor's absence.

"I don't know what to think," said Frans Hendricks, a business owner who lost his home and chocolate business in the Bastrop fire.

The anger and confusion of residents overshadowed the good news that FEMA officials arrived and as of Saturday, the fire is 50% contained.

outby43

• Getbig IV
  • Libertarians 2016
Re: Perry a no-show in Bastrop
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 08:05:30 PM »
maybe he was at a retirement home looking for his next opponent to fight.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 08:19:06 PM »
maybe he was at a retirement home looking for his next opponent to fight.

ba dum, crash

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 03:43:25 AM »

BASTROP, Texas (KXAN) - Gov. Rick Perry canceled a walk-through of destroyed Bastrop neighborhoods Saturday afternoon and then was a no-show a press conference where residents and media waited.

His press secretary, Allison Castle, was peppered with questions by media and residents. Castle said logistial issues and a late change in the location were factors in the governor's absence.

"I don't know what to think," said Frans Hendricks, a business owner who lost his home and chocolate business in the Bastrop fire.

The anger and confusion of residents overshadowed the good news that FEMA officials arrived and as of Saturday, the fire is 50% contained.

You don't like Perry Rob?
I hate the State.