Author Topic: The New Mike Tyson  (Read 8278 times)

che

• Getbig V
The New Mike Tyson
« on: September 10, 2011, 08:08:16 PM »
Yuriorkis Gamboa   20-0 16 KO 

If you like boxing watch him tonight ,mini-Tyson ,crazy speed , good power ,skills  ,very entertaining  .

LINK
http://www.soccertvlive.net/webmaster/liveppv.blogspot.com*/83163/1/watch-hbo-:-yuriorkis-gamboa-vs-daniel-ponce-de-leon.html

POTA

Re: The New Mike Tyson
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 10:12:38 PM »
What weight class is he? Looks like a bunch of little kids fighting. (He'd still kick my 6'3" ass.)

Moontrane

• Getbig V
  • a Harris administration, together with Joe Biden
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 10:29:24 PM »
Very good balance - keeps his feet where they need to be.  Didn't see much in the way of body attacks in those limited clips.  He's 29, so he's in his prime as a featherweight.

Julio Ceasar

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 02:33:29 AM »
What weight class is he? Looks like a bunch of little kids fighting. (He'd still kick my 6'3" ass.)

No he wouldent, if u got angry ran into him, grabed him, he would be smahed potatoes...

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 02:57:17 AM »
this guy could probably beat up jay cutler

epic_alien

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 03:46:35 AM »
if tyson took a dump, this little man might come out swinging

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 05:56:17 AM »
Yuriorkis Gamboa   20-0 16 KO 

If you like boxing watch him tonight ,mini-Tyson ,crazy speed , good power ,skills  ,very entertaining  .

LINK
http://www.soccertvlive.net/webmaster/liveppv.blogspot.com*/83163/1/watch-hbo-:-yuriorkis-gamboa-vs-daniel-ponce-de-leon.html

i think we touched base on gamboa in the past.  he's definitely an oddity, given most cuban fighters have illustrious and decorated amateur careers but don't have the resources to have equally successful pro careers.  there are a couple fighting out of vegas right now but nothing to write about, and some ole school fighters but they all pretty much had 5 defeats or more.

at feather weight no one knows about him but you.  i've said he'll have to move to lightweight 135 for recognition and money if he can maintain his power, just don't know if it is possible at 29-30. camacho made the move but at an earlier age.   

MMA animal

• Getbig II
  • http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseacti
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 02:23:19 PM »
haha i love how people think by being a big weightlifter juicehead freak u can automatically beat up pro fighters, lmaooo, if that was the case jay cutler and ronnie coleman would be the best fighters in the world. i would put one of my 155 guys against jay cutler and jay would not last 1 min in a cage,, same as best fighter either MMA or boxer wouldnt last a min on a bodybuilding stage next to a pro or even amature bodybuilder
eat, sleep, train, f

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 11:53:41 PM »
Rubbish as someone who's trained with champion pro fighters I know much to my own disbelief a 220 pound meat head who can handle himself will destroy any 170 pound mma pro. That's why there's weight limits.

jedibrat

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2011, 03:39:37 AM »

Not taking sides, but cool video.

MMA animal

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2011, 01:02:28 PM »
Rubbish as someone who's trained with champion pro fighters I know much to my own disbelief a 220 pound meat head who can handle himself will destroy any 170 pound mma pro. That's why there's weight limits.

lmaoo noway no how sir
eat, sleep, train, f

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2011, 04:22:01 PM »
Living in a dream world son.  No amount of mma training will make you harder than guys twice your size. I know street hard men who would cripple all 3 mma belt holders in my town and even they would agree.240 pounds of mean bastard is real.

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2011, 04:14:34 AM »
Living in a dream world son.  No amount of mma training will make you harder than guys twice your size. I know street hard men who would cripple all 3 mma belt holders in my town and even they would agree.240 pounds of mean bastard is real.

true but local mma guys are nothing compared to high ranked professionals

a 240lbs beefcake is a 240lbs beefcake no matter what the rank

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2011, 12:05:30 PM »
The point he's trying to make is a small guy can beat a guy twice his size if he's a professional world class mma fighter. This is not the case.

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 02:38:53 AM »

::) ::) ::) ::)

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2011, 01:04:34 PM »

Agreed.People forget that probably half the guys in MMA are only good in controlled environments where they know theyre not gonna be killed.On the street there are some mean savage bastards with crazy aggression and probably not right in the head.Thats far more dangerous than somebody who trains LOL and i include myself in there, been training 4 years, but its alot easier fighting a guy in a ring than a street fight IMO

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2011, 01:25:55 PM »

::) ::) ::) ::)
As your British like me ill let you know when they are fighting next. What they'll be wearing and who will be coming into the ring with them if we really need to get into petty shit. Anybody can train with a pro fighter you just turn up at the gym big man.

MMA animal

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 02:34:39 PM »
Agreed.People forget that probably half the guys in MMA are only good in controlled environments where they know theyre not gonna be killed.On the street there are some mean savage bastards with crazy aggression and probably not right in the head.Thats far more dangerous than somebody who trains LOL and i include myself in there, been training 4 years, but its alot easier fighting a guy in a ring than a street fight IMO

you obviously have never been in a fight or got punched in the face much less fight a pro fighter, no amount of bench press or squats or juice is gonna prepare you for when u got a 185 division 1 wrestle with gas for days that can punch on your back or on top feeding you elbows, it sucks man, u just feel so fuckin helpless and weak, your like wtf did i spend all that money on supps, training, all those 405 bench presses, 85 pound dumbell curls, believe me man that was me 6 years ago lol thats why i started training and competing in MMA, all that muscle mass means nothing when you can barley throw 6 punches without turning blue, plus u be lucky if u dont over extend your punches and pull something, if u dont believe me, go roll with a BJJ guy or wrestle, then tell me how u did, they may not be ale to push the weight u do but the have a different kind of strenght, weird crazy muscle strenght, trust me
eat, sleep, train, f

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 02:23:40 PM »

you obviously have never been in a fight or got punched in the face much less fight a pro fighter, no amount of bench press or squats or juice is gonna prepare you for when u got a 185 division 1 wrestle with gas for days that can punch on your back or on top feeding you elbows, it sucks man, u just feel so fuckin helpless and weak, your like wtf did i spend all that money on supps, training, all those 405 bench presses, 85 pound dumbell curls, believe me man that was me 6 years ago lol thats why i started training and competing in MMA, all that muscle mass means nothing when you can barley throw 6 punches without turning blue, plus u be lucky if u dont over extend your punches and pull something, if u dont believe me, go roll with a BJJ guy or wrestle, then tell me how u did, they may not be ale to push the weight u do but the have a different kind of strenght, weird crazy muscle strenght, trust me

on the other hand.... here is a guy who trained years and years to perfect the art of boxing and he gets brutally raped by a steroided guy who just lifts weights

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2011, 04:13:06 PM »
on the other hand.... here is a guy who trained years and years to perfect the art of boxing and he gets brutally raped by a steroided guy who just lifts weights

Karate? I though his fighting credentials were soccer player.

Size vs. skill - if you knock somebody out your size or whatever is unimportant. If you really want to fight with someone than good luck if the person has farther reach, more bodyweight, strength and anything goes. In the end the more aggressive and determined person has an advantage.

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2011, 01:40:14 AM »
Karate? I though his fighting credentials were soccer player.

Size vs. skill - if you knock somebody out your size or whatever is unimportant. If you really want to fight with someone than good luck if the person has farther reach, more bodyweight, strength and anything goes. In the end the more aggressive and determined person has an advantage.

agreed

aggression is everything unless maybe both are really high level technical

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2011, 12:39:44 PM »
Gamboa is good, and one of the better up and coming fighters out there....but at this point in his career he's pretty untested.  I still think he's a helluva fighter...he's just a tad bit hittable when he opens up offensively.
Predictions
 40/61

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2011, 03:08:06 PM »
lol @ the bloodlust pudz had at the end of that fight! poor ref almost got eaten

purenaturalstrength

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2011, 03:48:08 PM »
lol @ the bloodlust pudz had at the end of that fight! poor ref almost got eaten

just goes to show that pro levels skills in boxing wont necessarily prevent you from being smashed to shit by a huge steroid freak

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2011, 10:45:00 AM »
As your British like me ill let you know when they are fighting next. What they'll be wearing and who will be coming into the ring with them if we really need to get into petty shit. Anybody can train with a pro fighter you just turn up at the gym big man.

Which gym, and im not big im 4 feet 11 so if thats big to you what are you?3 foot?