Author Topic: Supporters of 'Personhood Amendment' Make Case to Mississippi Voters  (Read 95697 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: Supporters of 'Personhood Amendment' Make Case to Mississippi Voters
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2014, 08:06:34 PM »
Wear your tin foil hat moron.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #201 on: November 06, 2014, 09:38:51 PM »
I just skeeted a load of "persons" into a sock whilst watching some adult entertainment. 

Thankfully these "persons" were all white so I won't be charged with a hate crime.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2014, 09:36:29 AM »
Thus Jewish organizations actively work for and support laws legalizing abortions in Christian European ethnic countries and societies but do not oppose or publicize the fact that Israeli law outlaws abortion for woman of childbearing age.

http://www.theoccidentalobserver.net/2013/11/jews-oppose-abortion-for-jews/

Great source.  Got anything from Stormfront while you're at it?   ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2014, 10:17:47 AM »
Dr. MacDonald is a tenured professor at Cal State, Long Beach. He has numerous degrees from many legitimate institutions of higher learning. Read his scholarly work before you discredit it.

And the fact remains, the abortion laws in Israel are very stringent. You can't get an abortion w/out appearing before a committee, and the committee can only grant authority for the abortion under very defined circumstances, e.g., life of the mother, etc. You can find this information in any mainstream publication.  

A bigot dressed up with degrees and a tenured professorship is still a bigot. 

I actually read most of the article you posted.  Sounds like gibberish to me.  I cannot believe that guy gets paid to write crap like that. Good work if you can get it. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2014, 10:27:42 AM »
I don't believe for one second that he's a bigot.

We're all entitled to our opinions.

Yes we are. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: November 07, 2014, 01:20:32 PM »
Dr. MacDonald is a tenured professor at Cal State, Long Beach. He has numerous degrees from many legitimate institutions of higher learning. Read his scholarly work before you discredit it.

And the fact remains, the abortion laws in Israel are very stringent. You can't get an abortion w/out appearing before a committee, and the committee can only grant authority for the abortion under very defined circumstances, e.g., life of the mother, etc. You can find this information in any mainstream publication.  
Thats just it, he has no scholarly work.  Its never been able to meet the muster to be even considered for peer review its that bad.  :-\

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #206 on: November 07, 2014, 01:55:25 PM »
You're not even in his stratosphere when it comes to academic achievement and ability. MacDonald had tons of academic/peer support until he started to take on the one group that cannot be questioned. The same thing happened to David Irving. Once you dare challenge you know who, it's over. 

MacDonald is the author of seven books on evolutionary theory and child development and is the author or editor of over thirty academic articles in refereed journals. He received his B.A. from the University of Wisconsin–Madison in 1966, and M.S. in biology from the University of Connecticut in 1976. He earned a Ph.D. in 1981 (Biobehavioral Sciences) from the University of Connecticut where he studied under Professor Benson E. Ginsburg, one of the founders and leaders of modern behavior genetics, as his advisor. His thesis was on the behavioral development of wolves and resulted in two publications: MacDonald, K. B., and Ginsburg, B. E. (1981). "Induction of normal behavior in wolves with restricted rearing." Behavioral and Neural Biology, 33, 133-162; MacDonald, K. B. (1983). "Development and stability of personality characteristics in prepubertal wolves." Journal of Comparative Psychology, 97, 99-106, 1983.

MacDonald completed a post-doctoral fellowship with Ross Parke at the psychology department of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1983. His work there concerned rough and tumble play in children (he had two small boys at home at the time as well) and resulted in three publications:
MacDonald, K. B., & Parke, R. D. (1984). "Bridging the gap: Parent-child play interactions and peer interactive competence." Child Development, 55, 1265-1277;
MacDonald, K. B., & Parke, R. D. (1986). "Parent-child physical play: The effects of sex and age of children and parents." Sex Roles, 15, 367-378, 1986;
MacDonald, K. B. (1987). "Parent-child physical play with rejected, neglected and popular boys." Developmental Psychology, 23, 705-711.

He has been with the Department of Psychology at California State University, Long Beach since 1985 and as a full professor since 1995. He has announced his retirement at the end of 2014.

::)

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2014, 02:12:46 PM »
ROFLMAO!!!!!

Daniel Kriegman, an evolutionary psychologist, produced a 50-page analysis criticizing MacDonald's work as "pseudo-scientific theorizing." He wrote that MacDonald "believes his own nonsense." Kriegman remarked in an email, "MacDonald is not the first person to avoid the narcissistic injury of having his ideas rejected by concluding that there was a conspiracy against him rather than becoming aware of the substandard nature [as evidenced in his trilogy] of his thinking."[27]

Not taking any sides here, as I've already stated my opinion, but psychology is a pseudo science.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2014, 02:54:44 PM »
Not taking any sides here, as I've already stated my opinion, but psychology is a pseudo science.
Oh good,so you agree that Macdonald is pseudoscience.

How is the study of mental functions and behaviors pseudoscience?  Are you a computer program or something.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #209 on: November 09, 2014, 10:11:49 AM »
Oh good,so you agree that Macdonald is pseudoscience.

How is the study of mental functions and behaviors pseudoscience?  Are you a computer program or something.

I have a BS is psychology with some post graduate studies, and totally lost faith in it. Aside from the portions that can be repeated through experiments or brain scans etc., there are alot of "fail safes" with the theories. As far as Mcdonald, I can't say, as I didn't read that portion, what was written in your post jumped out at me and I made the statement, that really had nothing to do with the original post.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: November 20, 2014, 12:49:30 PM »
'Heartbeat' Abortion Ban Advances In Ohio
Laura Bassett Become a fan
lbassett@huffingtonpost.com
Posted: 11/20/2014

Republican lawmakers in Ohio on Thursday advanced a bill that would ban abortion as soon as the fetal heartbeat can be detected, as early as six weeks into a pregnancy.

H.B. 248, the so-called "Heartbeat bill," advanced out of the House Health and Aging Committee by a party-line vote of 11 to 6. If it passes the Republican-controlled House and Senate, doctors who perform abortions after the imposed limit would face a fifth-degree felony. Opponents warn the bill would ban abortions before some women even realize they're pregnant.

“The members of the Health Committee are so callous that they refused to add amendments to provide exceptions for victims of rape and incest or to remove criminal penalties that could be used to imprison doctors that provide abortion care," said Kellie Copeland, executive director of NARAL Pro-Choice Ohio. "The chilling effect of this crusade is being felt throughout the medical community and will no doubt result in talented physicians leaving Ohio to practice in other states.”

Only one state in the country, North Dakota, has ever passed an abortion bill as extreme as the one pending in Ohio, and the North Dakota bill was struck down and declared "unconstitutional" by a federal judge in April.

Supporters of the Ohio bill argued during the committee meeting that the heartbeat is undeniable proof of life. But the president of the state Senate, Keith Faber (R), said he's worried the bill is so extreme that it could undermine the anti-abortion cause. “I have grave concerns that if the Heartbeat Bill were to be passed, it would jeopardize some of the good, pro-life work that we've done in the General Assembly," he said.

The state Senate blocked an earlier version of the bill last year. Then-Senate President Tom Niehaus (R) said at the time that lawmakers wanted to "focus on jobs and the economy."

Ohio is steadily making it harder for women in the state to obtain legal abortions. Existing anti-abortion laws are expected to shut down all of the Cincinnati-area abortion clinics, and the state Senate on Wednesday approved the nomination of Rick Hodges, an opponent of legal abortion, to lead the Ohio Department of Health. Reproductive rights advocates pointed out that Hodges, a former Republican state lawmaker, has no experience working in public health.

“The confirmation of Rick Hodges is a huge step backward and is an assault on the rights of Ohio women by politicians pushing their personal ideologies," said Ilyse Hogue, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America. "We insist on the appointment of qualified men and women for posts in charge of public health decisions and safeguarding the programs that keep our families safe. We demand accountability for anyone who puts partisan politics over sound public policy."

Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) said Hodges has the "management ability" to run the heath department and will have assistance "recruiting an expert clinical team."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/20/ohio-heartbeat-bill_n_6193534.html

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #211 on: November 20, 2014, 01:10:38 PM »

Republican lawmakers in Ohio on Thursday advanced a bill that would ban abortion as soon as the fetal heartbeat can be detected, as early as six weeks into a pregnancy.

H.B. 248, the so-called "Heartbeat bill," advanced out of the House Health and Aging Committee by a party-line vote of 11 to 6. If it passes the Republican-controlled House and Senate, doctors who perform abortions after the imposed limit would face a fifth-degree felony. Opponents warn the bill would ban abortions before some women even realize they're pregnant.

“The members of the Health Committee are so callous that they refused to add amendments to provide exceptions for victims of rape and incest or to remove criminal penalties that could be used to imprison doctors that provide abortion care," said Kellie Copeland, executive director of NARAL Pro-Choice Ohio. "The chilling effect of this crusade is being felt throughout the medical community and will no doubt result in talented physicians leaving Ohio to practice in other states.”

Only one state in the country, North Dakota, has ever passed an abortion bill as extreme as the one pending in Ohio, and the North Dakota bill was struck down and declared "unconstitutional" by a federal judge in April.

Supporters of the Ohio bill argued during the committee meeting that the heartbeat is undeniable proof of life. But the president of the state Senate, Keith Faber (R), said he's worried the bill is so extreme that it could undermine the anti-abortion cause. “I have grave concerns that if the Heartbeat Bill were to be passed, it would jeopardize some of the good, pro-life work that we've done in the General Assembly," he said.

The state Senate blocked an earlier version of the bill last year. Then-Senate President Tom Niehaus (R) said at the time that lawmakers wanted to "focus on jobs and the economy."

Ohio is steadily making it harder for women in the state to obtain legal abortions. Existing anti-abortion laws are expected to shut down all of the Cincinnati-area abortion clinics, and the state Senate on Wednesday approved the nomination of Rick Hodges, an opponent of legal abortion, to lead the Ohio Department of Health. Reproductive rights advocates pointed out that Hodges, a former Republican state lawmaker, has no experience working in public health.

“The confirmation of Rick Hodges is a huge step backward and is an assault on the rights of Ohio women by politicians pushing their personal ideologies," said Ilyse Hogue, president of NARAL Pro-Choice America. "We insist on the appointment of qualified men and women for posts in charge of public health decisions and safeguarding the programs that keep our families safe. We demand accountability for anyone who puts partisan politics over sound public policy."

Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) said Hodges has the "management ability" to run the heath department and will have assistance "recruiting an expert clinical team."

Strange fascination with the Fetus.

Why don`t you just let people make their own fucking decisions and keep the government out of it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: November 20, 2014, 01:24:36 PM »
Strange fascination with the Fetus.

Why don`t you just let people make their own fucking decisions and keep the government out of it.

Or we could let the Democratic process allow people and legislators to vote on issues that are important to them. I think I prefer that option. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: November 20, 2014, 11:05:39 PM »
Or we could let the Democratic process allow people and legislators to vote on issues that are important to them. I think I prefer that option.  
If it was left up to pure democracy, we would probably still have segregation.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #214 on: November 21, 2014, 10:43:07 AM »
If it was left up to pure democracy, we would probably still have segregation.

And if we had pure capitalism there would probably be a handful of companies that dominated the entire country.  Good thing we're not talking about either one. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #215 on: January 06, 2015, 11:02:51 AM »
Report Finds 18 States Are Strongly Pro-Life
Tuesday, 06 Jan 2015
By Joel Himelfarb

The number of states regarded as "extremely hostile" to abortion has more than tripled during the past four years, according to a new report by an abortion-rights research organization.

In 2010, five states had six or more abortion restrictions on the books, enough to get that label from the Guttmacher Institute. By 2014, the number of states
The increase is part of a longer-term trend. The number of states listed as "hostile" (having enacted four or more restrictions on abortion) rose from 13 in 2000 to 22 in 2010 and 27 last year, The Washington Post reported.

The entire South "is now considered hostile to abortion rights, and much of the South, along with much of the Midwest, is extremely hostile to abortion rights,” according to Guttmacher.

In all, the percentage of American women living in states listed as "hostile" to abortion has nearly doubled since 2000, rising from 31 percent then to 57 percent last year.

Pro-life groups cited the Guttmacher report findings as evidence that abortion-rights groups are losing the political battle.

"No wonder abortions are at historic lows and 73 abortion facilities closed last year," LifeNews.com said. "These huge pro-life victories have come about in part because states have approved 231 pro-life laws to stop abortions since 2010."

Although some people are skeptical that "electing pro-life candidates makes a difference, the pro-abortion Guttmacher Institute is bemoaning the fact that, in the last four years, mostly Republican lawmakers in states across the country have passed a record number of pro-life laws," the website added.

Republicans are expected to press for more pro-life legislation this year. Mallory Quigley, a spokeswoman for the pro-life Susan B. Anthony List, told the Post that measures banning abortions after 20 weeks of pregnancy will advance in West Virginia, Wisconsin, and South Carolina.

http://www.Newsmax.com/US/Guttmacher-Institute-pro-life-states/2015/01/06/id/616758/#ixzz3O4Maqa3O

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: January 16, 2015, 10:43:39 AM »
Higher standards for veterinary clinics than abortion clinics?  Absurd. 

Why Don’t Abortion Advocates Care About Women’s Safety?
Genevieve Wood   / @genevievewood /
January 14, 2015

Genevieve Wood advances policy priorities of The Heritage Foundation as senior contributor to The Daily Signal. Send an email to Genevieve.

Should abortion facilities have to follow the same standards as other medical clinics?

If you thought the answer to that, regardless of your views on abortion, should be “duh,” you’d be wrong.

In fact, we had quite the spirited debate on PBS’s “To The Contrary” this week about that.  A provision in a Texas law passed in 2013 states “minimum standards for an abortion facility must be equivalent to the minimum standards adopted for ambulatory surgical centers.”

And what are such standards? According to documents of the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals now hearing the challenge to the Texas law:

Subscribe to updates and alerts

The regulatory standards for ambulatory surgical centers contain two main categories: (1) physical plant, which includes architectural, electrical, plumbing and HVAC requirements, …and (2) operations, which includes requirements for medical records systems, training, staffing and cleanliness…

Abortion rights supporters say it’s not necessary for abortion clinics to have the same standards as other medical clinics. In fact, one of my fellow panelists went so far as to claim no surgeries are happening in these clinics.

Do they really believe that?

The fact is that unless a woman is in her earliest stages of pregnancy, under eight weeks, a surgical and invasive procedure must be used. You can read the unpleasant details of what is involved right here under what Planned Parenthood calls “In-Clinic Abortion Procedures.”

Planned Parenthood specifically states that, “Even though in-clinic abortion procedures are generally very safe, in extremely rare cases, serious complications may be fatal.”

Not sure about you, but if I’m undergoing any procedure that has the risk of being fatal, I’d like the facility in which I’m having that procedure to be prepared to perform life-saving measures.

The fact is that women who undergo a surgical abortion face several of the same risks that someone who undergoes any type of serious surgery face: risks of blood clots, hemorrhaging and infection.

And because abortion clinics have not been more regulated, there is a growing list of clinics around the country now coming under investigation and scrutiny for failing health inspections and harming women. Kermit Gosnell’s “house of horrors” in Philadelphia is not, as this listing of violations in over 15 states shows, an outlier.

Abortion advocates claim that if abortion clinics are forced to comply with these regulations they will be forced to close down because they can’t afford the upgrades.

But perhaps abortion facilities should consider asking the nation’s largest abortion provider, Planned Parenthood, for financial assistance–it receives hundreds of millions of dollars from the federal government each year and reported income of more than $58 million for 2012-2013.

This is one area where one would think both pro-lifers and abortion rights advocates could find some common ground.

But those supporting abortion rights seem to care more about keeping the doors to abortion clinics open than preserving the health and safety of women.

http://dailysignal.com/2015/01/14/dont-abortion-advocates-care-womens-safety/

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #217 on: January 22, 2015, 11:58:59 AM »
House passes abortion bill after earlier stumble
Published January 22, 2015
Associated Press

This Wednesday, Jan. 21, 2015 photo shows anti-abortion activists stage a "die-in" in front of the White House in Washington. (AP)
As thousands of abortion foes surged through the city on their annual protest march to the Supreme Court, Republicans muscled legislation through the House on Thursday tightening federal restrictions on abortions. The vote came after internal divisions forced them into an embarrassing fumble of a similar bill.

Even as a White House veto threat all but ensured the bill would never become law, the House voted by a near party-line 242-179 to permanently bar federal funds for any abortion coverage. The measure would also block tax credits for many people and businesses buying abortion coverage under President Barack Obama's health care law.

GOP leaders pushed the measure to the House floor hours after abruptly abandoning another bill banning most late-term abortions because a rebellion led by female Republican lawmakers left them short of votes.

While that stumble underscored the challenges GOP leaders face in controlling their newly enlarged House majority, they were eager to act the same day that March for Life protesters streamed through town to protest the Supreme Court's 1973 Roe v. Wade decision legalizing abortion.

"I urge my colleagues to stand with the hundreds of thousands of people out on the Mall right now by voting for this bill," said House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif. "Stand up and commit to creating an America that values every life."

Democrats accused the GOP of an assault on women's freedom and painted Republicans as trying to placate the marchers not far from the Capitol.

"They certainly wanted to appeal, I would say pander, to that group," said Rep. Janice Schakowsky, D-Ill.

"Women's rights should not be theater, should not be drama," said Rep. Steve Cohen, D-Tenn.

The approved bill would permanently ban the use of federal money for nearly all abortions -- a prohibition that's already in effect but which Congress must renew each year.

It would also go further. The bill would bar individuals and many employers from collecting tax credits for insurance plans covering abortion that they pay for privately and purchase through exchanges established under Obama's Affordable Care Act. It would also block the District of Columbia from using its money to cover abortions for lower-income women.

The House had approved the same measure last year but it went nowhere in the Senate, then run by Democrats. Its fate in this year's GOP-led Senate is uncertain.

In its veto message, the White House said, "The administration strongly opposes legislation that unnecessarily restricts women's reproductive freedom and consumers' private insurance options."

The action came the day of the annual March for Life protesting the Supreme Court's 1973 decision legalizing abortion. It also came with GOP leaders eager to showcase the ability of the new Republican-led Congress to govern efficiently and avoid gridlock.

The bill that was postponed would have banned abortions after the 20th week of pregnancy but allow exemptions for some victims of rape or incest and in cases when a woman's life was in danger. GOP leaders ran into problems because some GOP women and other lawmakers objected that the rape and incest exemptions covered only women who had reported the crimes to authorities.

Those rebellious Republicans argued that that requirement put unfair pressure on women who had already suffered. A 2013 Justice Department report calculated that only 35 percent of rapes and sexual assaults were reported to police.

Political pressures cut both ways. GOP leaders had resisted the awkwardness of postponing a high-profile abortion vote scheduled for the day of the anti-abortion march. But they didn't want to push anti-abortion legislation through the House that was opposed by GOP women, especially as the party tries appealing to more female voters ahead of the 2016 elections.

Yet when the leaders considered eliminating the requirement that rapes and incest be previously reported, they encountered objections from anti-abortion groups, Republican aides said. They chose not to anger that powerful GOP constituency.

A report Tuesday by the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office, citing the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, estimated that about 10,000 abortions annually are performed 20 weeks or later into pregnancies. The budget office estimated that if the bill became law, three-fourths of those abortions would instead occur before the 20th week.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/01/22/house-passes-abortion-bill-after-earlier-stumble/?intcmp=HPBucket

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: March 26, 2015, 10:43:31 AM »

Ohio House OKs Bill Banning Abortions After 1st Heartbeat
Wednesday, 25 Mar 2015

A bill that would ban most abortions after the first detectable fetal heartbeat again cleared the state House on Wednesday following a startlingly emotional floor debate in which a veteran female lawmaker revealed she'd been raped and had an abortion and a male legislator shed tears as he recounted praying his stillborn child would take a breath.

Advocates now have the rest of the two-year session to lobby the bill's opponents in the Senate.

The Republican-controlled House approved the bill 55-40 in its third vote on it in as many sessions. The legislation met its demise in the Senate two sessions ago and last session made it as far as the House floor and was voted down.

Proponents on Wednesday defended the bill as life-protecting, while opponents called it unconstitutional and heavy-handed.

Sponsoring Rep. Christina Hagan, a Uniontown Republican, set the tone for the debate by revealing in her opening remarks that her heartbeat had stopped repeatedly while she was being delivered and her mother might have given up hope but didn't.

"This bill is very much about loving women and loving children and providing that expansion of rights to the unborn," she said.

Rep. Stephanie Howse, a Cleveland Democrat, also had to compose herself while speaking as she urged colleagues to "love thy neighbor," including women she said make decisions to have abortions "in love."

For Rep. Teresa Fedor, a Toledo Democrat, the debate was progressing with one important voice missing: that of the rape victim.

Fedor, a champion of legislation against human trafficking, jotted down words such as "judge," ''God!" ''shame" and "political ambition" from Wednesday's debate and, when enough of them filled her paper, stood to speak.

"I heard all these stories that just fit your scenario, and I respect that, but you don't respect my reason — my rape, my abortion," she said. "And I guarantee you there are other women who should stand up with me and be courageous enough to speak that voice."

She called the bill "fundamentally inhuman."

After the vote, Fedor told several reporters she was "very young" when she was raped and had told "probably two people."

"I'm in this political arena, you know, and you have to make a decision: How far are you willing to go to really represent?" she said. "And then, with something like this (bill), it just was time."

The Associated Press generally doesn't identify people who say they're victims of sexual assaults unless they come forward publicly, as Fedor has done.

Several major anti-abortion groups, including Ohio Right to Life, have failed to support passage of the heartbeat bill, fearing it would prompt a losing challenge to the U.S. Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade decision that would serve only to expand abortion rights.

Senate President Keith Faber, a Celina Republican, said he shared those concerns but intends to review the latest version of the bill and hold hearings.

"I'm still waiting for that legal scholar to come forward and say, 'The heartbeat bill is constitutional,'" he said.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/ohio-abortion-bill-first/2015/03/25/id/634544/#ixzz3VVyT9HGH

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: March 26, 2015, 12:55:53 PM »
Ohio House OKs Bill Banning Abortions After 1st Heartbeat
Wednesday, 25 Mar 2015

A bill that would ban most abortions after the first detectable fetal heartbeat again cleared the state House on Wednesday following a startlingly emotional floor debate in which a veteran female lawmaker revealed she'd been raped and had an abortion and a male legislator shed tears as he recounted praying his stillborn child would take a breath.

Advocates now have the rest of the two-year session to lobby the bill's opponents in the Senate.

The Republican-controlled House approved the bill 55-40 in its third vote on it in as many sessions. The legislation met its demise in the Senate two sessions ago and last session made it as far as the House floor and was voted down.

Proponents on Wednesday defended the bill as life-protecting, while opponents called it unconstitutional and heavy-handed.

Sponsoring Rep. Christina Hagan, a Uniontown Republican, set the tone for the debate by revealing in her opening remarks that her heartbeat had stopped repeatedly while she was being delivered and her mother might have given up hope but didn't.

"This bill is very much about loving women and loving children and providing that expansion of rights to the unborn," she said.

Rep. Stephanie Howse, a Cleveland Democrat, also had to compose herself while speaking as she urged colleagues to "love thy neighbor," including women she said make decisions to have abortions "in love."

For Rep. Teresa Fedor, a Toledo Democrat, the debate was progressing with one important voice missing: that of the rape victim.

Fedor, a champion of legislation against human trafficking, jotted down words such as "judge," ''God!" ''shame" and "political ambition" from Wednesday's debate and, when enough of them filled her paper, stood to speak.

"I heard all these stories that just fit your scenario, and I respect that, but you don't respect my reason — my rape, my abortion," she said. "And I guarantee you there are other women who should stand up with me and be courageous enough to speak that voice."

She called the bill "fundamentally inhuman."

After the vote, Fedor told several reporters she was "very young" when she was raped and had told "probably two people."

"I'm in this political arena, you know, and you have to make a decision: How far are you willing to go to really represent?" she said. "And then, with something like this (bill), it just was time."

The Associated Press generally doesn't identify people who say they're victims of sexual assaults unless they come forward publicly, as Fedor has done.

Several major anti-abortion groups, including Ohio Right to Life, have failed to support passage of the heartbeat bill, fearing it would prompt a losing challenge to the U.S. Supreme Court's Roe v. Wade decision that would serve only to expand abortion rights.

Senate President Keith Faber, a Celina Republican, said he shared those concerns but intends to review the latest version of the bill and hold hearings.

"I'm still waiting for that legal scholar to come forward and say, 'The heartbeat bill is constitutional,'" he said.

http://www.newsmax.com/US/ohio-abortion-bill-first/2015/03/25/id/634544/#ixzz3VVyT9HGH
What is your stake in this?  Why do you want more humans, mostly unwanted, being born?  Why do you want the government to step in and stop abortions?  What is your angle and how do you benefit?  How do you think society benefits from your point of view?  Please answer all these questions as I am generally very curious to the answers you have.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: March 26, 2015, 01:00:26 PM »
What is your stake in this?  Why do you want more humans, mostly unwanted, being born?  Why do you want the government to step in and stop abortions?  What is your angle and how do you benefit?  How do you think society benefits from your point of view?  Please answer all these questions as I am generally very curious to the answers you have.

I don't have a stake in legislation in Ohio.  I am updating a thread I started a long time ago, because it is an interesting political topic.

I am pau making more humans, so I don't have a stake in producing any more offspring.  I don't care if people choose to have (or not have) kids. 

I never said I wanted the government to stop abortions. 

I cannot have an angle or benefit from something I haven't advocated. 

Society doesn't benefit from an unexpressed viewpoint of mine. 

I typically don't answer these kinds of questions that people pull out of their rear end, but I made an exception for you.   :)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #221 on: March 26, 2015, 01:03:34 PM »
I don't have a stake in legislation in Ohio.  I am updating a thread I started a long time ago, because it is an interesting political topic.

I am pau making more humans, so I don't have a stake in producing any more offspring.  I don't care if people choose to have (or not have) kids. 

I never said I wanted the government to stop abortions. 

I cannot have an angle or benefit from something I haven't advocated. 

Society doesn't benefit from an unexpressed viewpoint of mine. 

I typically don't answer these kinds of questions that people pull out of their rear end, but I made an exception for you.   :)
Ok, so according to the above, you would not vote to stop abortions and you would not support any legislation stopping or limiting abortions.  You get no benefit, society gets no benefit from these types of legislation and you only post because its a "hot topic".

Is this correct?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: March 26, 2015, 01:06:41 PM »
Ok, so according to the above, you would not vote to stop abortions and you would not support any legislation stopping or limiting abortions.  You get no benefit, society gets no benefit from these types of legislation and you only post because its a "hot topic".

Is this correct?

Incorrect. 

I have no idea how I would vote if abortion legislation appeared on my ballot in my state.  It would depend on the specific language of the legislation, why it is being introduced, whether I think it's necessary, whether I agree with it, etc. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: March 26, 2015, 01:08:56 PM »
Incorrect. 

I have no idea how I would vote if abortion legislation appeared on my ballot in my state.  It would depend on the specific language of the legislation, why it is being introduced, whether I think it's necessary, whether I agree with it, etc. 
Can you give me an example of legislation that you would support and why?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: March 26, 2015, 01:10:30 PM »
Can you give me an example of legislation that you would support and why?

I support parental notification of minors getting abortions, because parents should know anytime their kids are having medical procedures done, especially if the kid is below the age of consent. 

Why do you ask?