Author Topic: "Contractors" To Replace Many Of The Troops Being Pulled Out Of Iraq  (Read 2631 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
I hate the State.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Re: "Contractors" To Replace Many Of The Troops Being Pulled Out Of Iraq
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 03:14:54 AM »
Basically everything that was said supports RP's positions.
I hate the State.

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 04:17:21 AM »
The reliance on mercenaries is a bad sign for the gestalt...

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 07:16:16 AM »
So is FOX now a reliable source of information? Make up your mind fools.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2011, 12:56:34 AM »
Basically everything that was said supports RP's positions.
not sure I understand this statement.  from the video we would replace troop pullouts with contractors.  Not sure how old this video is, but that's already happened to a large degree and I don't think it's something Ron Paul would be for.  I don't think Paul wants to pull the troops home only to replace them with a private army.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2011, 01:04:03 AM »
So is FOX now a reliable source of information? Make up your mind fools.
Fox has never been chased off of this forum as a source of news and opinion.  Even if some hate it, there is no denying that a large portion of America get their news and commentary from Fox.  On this forum there's no censorship of sources...

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 04:42:40 AM »
not sure I understand this statement.  from the video we would replace troop pullouts with contractors.  Not sure how old this video is, but that's already happened to a large degree and I don't think it's something Ron Paul would be for.  I don't think Paul wants to pull the troops home only to replace them with a private army.

Not support it but illustrate how stupid the situation is.
I hate the State.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 07:09:56 AM »
in other words, the president gets to claim "I brought the troops home!" while at the same time keeping his obligations to the war machine spending.

Geez, it's like teaching algebra to a frog here.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 07:32:39 AM »
Department of State wil have the majority of the work in Iraq. They already use Aegis a big British PMC. Aegis does alot of intel work for DOS. Not so much military but work on poltical figures. They're the biggest in Iraq right now and filled the the hole left by Blackwater. PMC's are the wave of the future with reduced mil bugets. The problem becomes when an American based PMC or Brit etc takes a contract that is against US interests or policy. Counter Pirate ops are a huge market right now..alot of money to be made gents.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 07:34:26 AM »
Further...we saw alot of this late last year when I was leaving Iraq. DOS was taking over our chow hall..removing living space, expanding their offices on our FOB and they had brought in a ton of Aegis suits to begin to work their contract issues. We had about 25 Aegis guys on our FOB. All Brits or French guys.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 07:35:33 AM »
what's the numbers?

(troops + mercs now) vs. (troops + mercs in a year) ???   Similar?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 07:41:39 AM »
We'er looking at maybe 30K but Barry wants to leave 3k. 3k country wide..can't do a whole lot. The PMC's will run security for the DOS PRT's or provincial reconstruction teams. They're a mix of DOS civil servants and contractors who work with the locals. Everything from agriculture to governance. Oddly where we were...we were responsible for DOS security while the Army Corps of Engineers had the Aegis guys. That changed half way through. All you half assed tough guys out there...still a shit ton of money to be made. Hell guys like 240...take a course or two..find a small company and try to get a job. Triple Canopy has a course that if you make it..they hire you. Mil Experience helps a ton but ..... They also need all kinds of other occupations. Its what I'm going to do when I retire. You don't need to a door kicker.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2011, 08:27:01 AM »
I heard the contractors are much more expensive than the military? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2011, 08:28:46 AM »
I heard the contractors are much more expensive than the military?  

really?  You just heard about their awesome salaries, and suddenly becoming aware of how little our troops learn?  In 2001, you just discovered this?

Or are you just trying to coyly introduce the concept of it going to cost a shitload more now - but don't really have the stones to come out and say it?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2011, 12:35:29 PM »
Contractors cost less because they pay (the Company) for their own chow and life support and their own medical insurance. If they're treated down range the individul will eventually be billed by uncle sam. They don't get retirement or medical care after their contract is up unless they pay so its cheaper. All these guys are ex military in some capacity. There are plenty of law enforcement jobs available as well.
L

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2011, 12:11:54 PM »
Yup, it just looks politically expedient to say we are bringing troops home, but just send more taxpayer paid contractors over there to take over their similar duties (law enforcement, mail, cooking, engineering, drivers, etc..).

Lots of other nationals over there as well working various jobs.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 02:06:50 PM »
Contractors cost less because they pay (the Company) for their own chow and life support and their own medical insurance. If they're treated down range the individul will eventually be billed by uncle sam. They don't get retirement or medical care after their contract is up unless they pay so its cheaper. All these guys are ex military in some capacity. There are plenty of law enforcement jobs available as well.

Makes sense that they're cheaper long-term.  In the short-term, don't their salaries dwarf enlisted Soldiers?