Author Topic: Mayor Bloomberg Warns Of Mass Riots If Economy Doesn't Create More Jobs  (Read 459 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Mayor Bloomberg Warns Of Mass Riots If Economy Doesn't Create More Jobs
TBI ^ | 9-16-2011 | Zeke Miller

Bloomberg Warns Of Mass Riots If Economy Doesn't Create More Jobs

Zeke Miller
Sep. 16, 2011, 3:14 PM

During his weekly radio show, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg warned that unless action is taken to help young people find work, the United States is at risk of seeing mass rioting.

"We have a lot of kids graduating college — can't find jobs," Bloomberg said in an exchange first reported by the New York Daily News. "That's what happened in Cairo. That's what happened in Madrid. You don't want those kinds of riots here."

The Cairo riots brought down the regime of Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak.

Bloomberg said he welcomed President Barack Obama's jobs plan, saying, "at least he's got some ideas on the table, whether you like those or not."

"Now everybody's got to sit down and say we're actually gonna do something and you have to do something on both the revenue and the expense side," he said.

Bloomberg said he did not agree with Obama's "my way or the highway" approach to his jobs plan, saying there needs to be compromise.

(Excerpt) Read more at businessinsider.com ...

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Re: Mayor Bloomberg Warns Of Mass Riots If Economy Doesn't Create More Jobs
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 03:29:18 PM »
This is rich coming from you. 

Despite the fact that evidence from a well respected, Chicago trained, free market loving, and stimulus hating macro-economist shows that a payroll tax deduction can create up to 2-3 million jobs, you have stated that is false.  Instead taking the word of some investment adviser who was so smart in predicting the crash he managed to LOSE money during the same crash he predicted.  Is that not like predicting a car accident then driving anyway?  Some prediction if you can't even avoid it yourself.   ::)

Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 03:42:39 PM »
Lmfao.  I don't trust a damn thing from obama.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 04:13:51 PM »
This is rich coming from you. 

Despite the fact that evidence from a well respected, Chicago trained, free market loving, and stimulus hating macro-economist shows that a payroll tax deduction can create up to 2-3 million jobs, you have stated that is false.  Instead taking the word of some investment adviser who was so smart in predicting the crash he managed to LOSE money during the same crash he predicted.  Is that not like predicting a car accident then driving anyway?  Some prediction if you can't even avoid it yourself.   ::)

Well, that sells me on it. Because, as you know, the economists have been on the mark 100% of the time the last few years. Nevermind all those "unexpected" results every month.

You are a pathetic, pathetic sheeple who is out of ammunition trying to defend this awful regime. The payroll tax deduction won't do shit because no one is going to hire someone based on a 1-year tax cut that is going to disappear in 2013.  ::)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 04:27:20 PM »
The payroll tax deduction will create 3 million new jobs?  ::)

I honestly wonder how some of you have the presence of mind to wipe your own asses, let alone operate a computer.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 04:31:36 PM »
The payroll tax deduction will create 3 million new jobs?  ::)

I honestly wonder how some of you have the presence of mind to wipe your own asses, let alone operate a computer.

There has to be some correlation between the lack of cognitive ability and being an Obama supporter. Straw Man, Blacken, kcballer, andre. All morons.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2011, 04:35:00 PM »
There has to be some correlation between the lack of cognitive ability and being an Obama supporter. Straw Man, Blacken, kcballer, andre. All morons.

I'm waiting for one of the distinguished members of Mensa that you mentioned above to vocally stand behind Nancy Pelosi's brilliant claim that unemployment benefits stimulate the economy. That can't be far away.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 04:41:27 PM »
I'm waiting for one of the distinguished members of Mensa that you mentioned above to vocally stand behind Nancy Pelosi's brilliant claim that unemployment benefits stimulate the economy. That can't be far away.

Hahaha, that or the claim that every $1 in food stamps returns $1.84 to the economy.  ::)