Author Topic: Wrath of the Titans  (Read 3401 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Wrath of the Titans
« on: September 19, 2011, 09:43:03 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=46685

Wrath Of The Titans Star Edgar Ramirez Gives An Update On The Movie From The Emmy Red Carpet
Speaking to MTV at the Emmy's Edgar Ramirez states, "[Perseus] and Ares are like Cain and Abel".

Synopsis:A decade after his heroic defeat of the monstrous Kraken, Perseus is attempting to live a quieter life as a village fisherman and the sole parent to his 10-year-old son, Helius. Meanwhile, a struggle for supremacy rages between the gods and the Titans. Dangerously weakened by humanity's lack of devotion, the gods are losing control of the imprisoned Titans and their ferocious leader, Kronos, father of the long-ruling brothers Zeus, Hades and Poseidon. The triumvirate had overthrown their powerful father long ago, leaving him to rot in the gloomy abyss of Tartarus, a dungeon that lies deep within the cavernous underworld.

Perseus cannot ignore his true calling when Hades, along with Zeus's godly son, Ares (Édgar Ramírez), switch loyalty and make a deal with Kronos to capture Zeus. The Titans' strength grows stronger as Zeus's remaining godly powers are siphoned, and hell is unleashed on earth. Enlisting the help of the warrior Queen Andromeda (Rosamund Pike), Poseidon's demigod son, Agenor (Toby Kebbell), and fallen god Hephaestus (Bill Nighy), Perseus bravely embarks on a treacherous quest into the underworld to rescue Zeus, overthrow the Titans and save mankind

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Re: Wrath of the Titans
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 01:19:29 AM »
Sounds good, but why switch Alexa Davalos with Rosamund Pike? Alexa is hotter and can do action roles, a la Kyra from The Chronicles of Riddick.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 11:32:48 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/joshw24/news/?a=49300

Warner Bros. Moving Ahead With Work On A Third Clash Of The Titans Movie!
Wrath of the Titans isn't out until next March, but Warner Bros. are reportedly already making plans for a third movie in the series with Sam Worthington expected to reprise the role of Perseus...

Despite being met with fairly average review (and a huge amount of backlash towards the awful 3D conversion) Warner Bros. decided to move ahead with a sequel to Clash of the Titans after it ended up performing rather well at the box office. Wrath of the Titans is currently in post production for a release on March 30, 2012, but the studio have already begun work on a third installment.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Dan Mazeau and David Leslie Johnson (who co-wrote Wrath with Steven Knight and share story credit with Greg Berlanti) have been hired to develop and write the threequel, while Sam Worthington would be expected to return as Perseus. Their "insiders" also reveal that Toby Kebbell's Agenor would likely return in a sidekick type role, while Basil Iwanyk and Polly Johnsen will produce the planned film.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 06:16:53 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Wolvie09/news/?a=49866

Bill Nighy Talks Wrath of the Titans and Total Recall
Actor Bill Nighy, who has couple of big movies coming out in 2012, talks about his role in Jonathan Liebesman-directed sequel Wrath of the Titans, as well as playing 'Kuato' in science-fiction adaptation Total Recall. Check it out...
Bill Nighy, actor who portrayed 'Davy Jones' in Pirates of the Caribbean movies and 'Viktor' in the Underworld film series, talked to Collider about his upcoming films such as the Jonathan Liebesman-directed sequel Wrath of the Titans and Len Wiseman's Total Recall.

In the sequel to Clash of the Titans, Nighy plays Hephaestus, an armorer to the Gods:

"In Clash of the Titans 2, I play Hephaestus, who is armorer to the Gods. I make all the weapons, I live in a cave, and I fell from Mt. Olympus. It’s not in the movie, but in the myth, Zeus, who was his father, threw him out of Mt. Olympus because he was lame, and he fell for seven days, which didn’t improve his limp. It’s a very nice character and we had a very good time. We were above the cloud on a volcano, looking down on a carpet of white cloud in Spain, on a very beautiful landscape, which quite easily resembles the ancient world. It was quite an experience."

He was also cast as 'Kuato' in Len Wiseman's upcoming science-fiction film Total Recall, also starring Colin Farrell, Bryan Cranston and Kate Beckinsale:

"The original is treasured by people, I know, but I think I can help them relax. I think it’s in very, very good hands. The script is fabulous. I like sci-fi. I’m not keen on monsters from outer space, or that kind of thing, too much, although I’ll go with it, in certain cases. But, I love imaginative representations of a possible near-future, where you look at the technology and you think, “Well, yeah, that could really nearly be true.” I like those kinds of backgrounds. And, it’s a cracking script. Colin [Farrell], Jessica [Biel], Bryan Cranston and Kate Beckinsale are a pretty hot cast. I look forward to seeing that, even though I’m in it. I hate seeing films I’m in, but I think I’m going to have to watch it because I want to see it so bad."

Wrath of the Titans is set to his theatres on March 30, 2012, while Total Recall is set for August 3, 2012 release.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 05:20:14 PM »
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=50601

First (Low-Res) Look At Sam Worthington In WRATH OF THE TITANS
The new issue of Entertainment Weekly includes a first-look at the upcoming Clash Of The Titans sequel, including Sam Worthington's new look as Perseus and some spoilerish comments from director Jonathan Liebesman. Check it out!
The Playlist managed to get a sneak peek at the next issue of Entertainment Weekly, and among the features included was a first-look at Jonathan Liebesman's upcoming Clash Of The Titans sequel, Wrath Of The Titans, set to be released next March. The first official still from the movie shows lead man Sam Worthington as Perseus, but with a noticeable new hairdo. Below is what the director has to say about Perseus' role in the sequel (probable Spoiler Ahead)...

In case you're curious, the trident that Worthington holds is one of several weapons that Perseus has to collect "in order to create one uber-weapon," Liebesman told EW. "But that's probably a massive spoiler. I haven't practiced being spoiler proof yet.

Be on a look out for a high quality version of the above still soon.

The plot centers on Hades (Ralph Fiennes) kidnapping Zeus (Liam Neeson) and taking him into the underworld.

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2011, 03:02:35 PM »
Sounds good, but why switch Alexa Davalos with Rosamund Pike? Alexa is hotter and can do action roles, a la Kyra from The Chronicles of Riddick.

I never heard why. Either she passed on it or the suits were dissatisfied with her work. That said, here is former Bond girl Pike in the trailer:

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2011, 03:22:26 PM »
Aside from Worthington's hair, this actually looks pretty good!

First one was OK, not great and not terrible

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 05:58:51 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2012, 06:01:13 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 08:56:30 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 11:31:10 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 11:47:07 PM »

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2012, 11:55:32 PM »

Purge_WTF

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2012, 09:33:52 AM »
  Looks like another special FX bonanza, but I'm curious just the same.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 12:29:47 PM »
Sucked my balls....thank god I didnt pay more then $5 for it.