Author Topic: True Adonis, Wavelength McDonalds Vs. Home cooked?  (Read 6120 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
True Adonis, Wavelength McDonalds Vs. Home cooked?
« on: September 20, 2011, 06:58:06 AM »
I have a question, I know this thread has probably been done before but please bare with me. I understand that protein is protein (although protein with a more complete amino acid structure is better for building muscle?), calories are calories, etc.

Would I be wrong in believing that a larger diversity of nutrients, and better protein are to be gainedd from something like a home made hamburger versus a big mac (which contains the exact same listed calories, protein, vitamins, etc?)? Or something like a can of spaghetti o's versus homemade spaghetti?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
Re: True Adonis, Wavelength McDonalds Vs. Home cooked?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 06:59:27 AM »
Why in the hell do Mexicans get a 600 calorie Big Mac with more fat?   ???

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 07:03:25 AM »
Also, am I wrong in my belief that some foods are metabolized at different rates or effect the speed of metabolism? So in essence a calorie is a calorie, but different foods can effect your basal metabolic rate in different ways?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 07:24:19 AM »
I have a question, I know this thread has probably been done before but please bare with me. I understand that protein is protein (although protein with a more complete amino acid structure is better for building muscle?), calories are calories, etc.

Would I be wrong in believing that a larger diversity of nutrients, and better protein are to be gainedd from something like a home made hamburger versus a big mac (which contains the exact same listed calories, protein, vitamins, etc?)? Or something like a can of spaghetti o's versus homemade spaghetti?

It depends on your ingredients and your recipe.  I can make Six Cheese Hamburger using Short Rib that will taste way better than Fast Food place on earth, but it will be a lot more calories and fat as well. 

JAM

• Getbig III
  • いちごいちえ
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2011, 07:56:12 AM »
Also, am I wrong in my belief that some foods are metabolized at different rates or effect the speed of metabolism? So in essence a calorie is a calorie, but different foods can effect your basal metabolic rate in different ways?

I always thought food metabolized / digested in this sort of order from quickest to slowest:

Simple Sugars
Complex Carbs.
Proteins
Fats and Oils.

Is this correct?  I'm not real sure how it effects your BMR.  There is a bunch of mathematics on wikipedia to figure that out.  Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_metabolic_rate Maybe some other folks can fill in the blanks a bit more.

8)

dustin

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2011, 08:19:01 AM »
Home cooked normally tastes way better and is less processed. But I have no shame in eating fast food from time to time. You don't need to be an elitist food critique.

I think TA confided, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, that even a master chef congratulated McDicks for their Big Mac burger. It tastes fucking good! That's the end of that discussion.

There's no bad foods, other than some unhealthy or disproportioate amounts of things like sugar, trans fat and processed items. Eat those sparingly but don't obsess. "Diet" is simple. Just eat in moderation and don't go nuts 24/7 on too many calories in a single sitting. Macronutrient timing helps but not as much as people give it credit for.

Unless you're a muscled 6% and trying to shave off even more fat you can forget most "diet" advice.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2011, 08:20:04 AM »
It depends on your ingredients and your recipe.  I can make Six Cheese Hamburger using Short Rib that will taste way better than Fast Food place on earth, but it will be a lot more calories and fat as well. 

I understand, but assuming your short rib burger contains the exact same calories/fat/protein as the big mac, wouldn't your home made burger be "healthier" over all? 

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2011, 08:20:44 AM »

I always thought food metabolized / digested in this sort of order from quickest to slowest:

Simple Sugars
Complex Carbs.
Proteins
Fats and Oils.

Is this correct?  I'm not real sure how it effects your BMR.  There is a bunch of mathematics on wikipedia to figure that out.  Go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basal_metabolic_rate Maybe some other folks can fill in the blanks a bit more.

8)

Thanks, that's very helpful and interesting!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2011, 08:21:00 AM »
I love baffling the cashiers at mcdonalds with questions regading macronutrients and protein assimilation rates.  

not at my usual Mcd.  You gotta treat the usuals with love.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2011, 08:21:54 AM »
Home cooked normally tastes way better and is less processed. But I have no shame in eating fast food from time to time. You don't need to be an elitist food critique.

I think TA confided, and he can correct me if I'm wrong, that even a master chef congratulated McDicks for their Big Mac burger. It tastes fucking good! That's the end of that discussion.

There's no bad foods, other than some unhealthy or disproportioate amounts of things like sugar, trans fat and processed items. Eat those sparingly but don't obsess. "Diet" is simple. Just eat in moderation and don't go nuts 24/7 on too many calories in a single sitting. Macronutrient timing helps but not as much as people give it credit for.

Unless you're a muscled 6% and trying to shave off even more fat you can forget most "diet" advice.

This^^^  I agree!

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2011, 08:24:06 AM »
I love baffling the cashiers at mcdonalds with questions regading macronutrients and protein assimilation rates.  

not at my usual Mcd.  You gotta treat the usuals with love.

You must be an INTJ like me!  ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2011, 08:24:58 AM »
You must be an INTJ like me!  ;D

What others see as arrogance, I simply see as finding ways to make each day more entertaining than the last!

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2011, 08:29:39 AM »
I highly doubt that you could build or find a better hamburger than the McDonalds double cheeseburger for $1.29.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2011, 08:59:36 AM »
I understand, but assuming your short rib burger contains the exact same calories/fat/protein as the big mac, wouldn't your home made burger be "healthier" over all? 
Nope.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2011, 09:04:33 AM »
I highly doubt that you could build or find a better hamburger than the McDonalds double cheeseburger for $1.29.
I don`t think a better burger can be bought or made for the price of any Hardee`s burgers.  Hardee`s to me, is better than Five Guys and the Shake Shack.  Steak and Shake comes pretty close, but Hardee`s is king.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2011, 09:04:55 AM »

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2011, 09:05:48 AM »

You can - the Mcdouble for $1.
Y

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2011, 09:30:17 AM »
Nope.

Even though the calories, protein, and fat are the same. Wouldn't your higher quality beef have to be more nutrient dense just based on the fact that your beef was raised on a better diet than the beef fast food companies use?  ???  The same with high quality cheese that you would buy versus "fast food" cheese, lettuce, pickles, buns, etc...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2011, 09:37:49 AM »
Even though the calories, protein, and fat are the same. Wouldn't your higher quality beef have to be more nutrient dense just based on the fact that your beef was raised on a better diet than the beef fast food companies use?  ???  The same with high quality cheese that you would buy versus "fast food" cheese, lettuce, pickles, buns, etc...
Well the taste would be different, but the nutritional makeup the same as far as the body metabolizing it is concerned.

PIP, check my Getbig History Lesson post.  I posted the John Wright Stanly House.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2011, 09:44:47 AM »
 ;D

A

dustin

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2011, 11:26:27 AM »
Between the gh15 Bible and TA's food Bible everyone here should he jacked and happily fed. 8)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2011, 01:01:41 PM »
Well the taste would be different, but the nutritional makeup the same as far as the body metabolizing it is concerned.

PIP, check my Getbig History Lesson post.  I posted the John Wright Stanly House.

Cool, and thanks!  I'm checking that thread now!  8)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2011, 01:04:53 PM »
Cool, and thanks!  I'm checking that thread now!  8)

Can't find it, help!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2011, 01:33:27 PM »
Can't find it, help!
Someone had it deleted.  :-\

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2011, 03:44:05 PM »
Someone had it deleted.  :-\

Assholes!  You should start a blog, I believe you could throw some ads on, and make some good money.