Poll

Hawk or Animal

Hawk
6 (60%)
Animal
4 (40%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Author Topic: Hawk or Animal?  (Read 3906 times)

mass 04

• Getbig V
Hawk or Animal?
« on: September 20, 2011, 10:31:45 AM »

Who was your favorite member of The Road Warriors/Legion of Doom? Who was better in the ring, on the mic, who would have been a better singles star?

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
Re: Hawk or Animal?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 11:34:01 AM »
Animal was far and away my favourite, he was the Scott Steiner, the Axe, the HBK of his tag team - just evidently better than his partner. I was in awe of his thickness and seemingly super human strength as a kid, and i liked his appearance more.

Hawk was IMO the talker, his mic skills were much better and he had a level of charisma Animal seemed to shy away from. Hard to say who would have been better in singles, i genuinely cant picture them in a singles match.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 09:02:23 AM »
Hawk without question.

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 11:09:20 AM »
As an adult, Animal is clearly the one making things work, spending the most time in the ring, selling, etc.  As a kid, though, Hawk just came off meaner and cooler. 

I remember a match where they were in the ring with Mr. Perfect (might have been a Survivor Series) when Curt hit a move on Hawk, turned around to celebrate, and Hawk no-sold, stood about a foot behind him, and when Curt turned, stuck out his tongue and hissed at him.  Curt jumped backwards about three feet, and sold it like Satan had just looked up his skirt.  I looked at Hawk and thought, "That's the coolest, baddest man I've ever seen!"

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 11:12:13 AM »
Hawk just had the appeal... But today, I agree... Animal was the man.

I'd still want to be Hawk.

I bet Hawk got the bitches.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 12:38:52 PM »
Hawk and Animal both had a few singles world titles shots at Flair who made them both look like a million bucks, of course.

they are the greatest tag-team of all-time, but all you have to do to know who "the man" was in the team is hear Hawk say "Tell em big man...."  Now if a guy that size is saying that about someone, it means something.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 04:41:02 PM »
I remember one of their promos when they were feuding with "The Russians"   Hawk yelling, "Three things you gotta be to be one of the Russians...first, you gotta be ugly!  Second, you gotta be bald!  Third, you gotta have a big yellow streak down your back!!" 
~

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2011, 06:36:34 AM »
 :)

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2011, 09:30:48 AM »
Hawk!  Its all about the mic work in wrestling, and he more than held his own in the strength and physique department.  Road Warrior/LOD squash matches were something to behold, though.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 02:25:21 PM »
Animal.

just for his whip in off the ropes powerslam!
Flower Boy Ran Away

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2011, 09:03:50 AM »
As an adult, Animal is clearly the one making things work, spending the most time in the ring, selling, etc.  As a kid, though, Hawk just came off meaner and cooler. 

I remember a match where they were in the ring with Mr. Perfect (might have been a Survivor Series) when Curt hit a move on Hawk, turned around to celebrate, and Hawk no-sold, stood about a foot behind him, and when Curt turned, stuck out his tongue and hissed at him.  Curt jumped backwards about three feet, and sold it like Satan had just looked up his skirt.  I looked at Hawk and thought, "That's the coolest, baddest man I've ever seen!"

He did that to the Samoan Swat team as well.  Threw one into the ropes, bent over for a back drop but instead got caught, lifted up and the Samoan Swat Team guy laid out one of the hardest hitting piledrivers I ever saw on Hawk.  Hawk was back on his feet before the SST guy got off his ass.