Author Topic: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.  (Read 165013 times)

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
Re: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #375 on: October 07, 2011, 07:14:46 PM »
Ah, the 1975 Mr Australia contest. Well, where to start. I was a judge in the Mr South Pacific Contest about 1972 or 73. I placed John Koziura ahead of Paul Graham and I think some other judges did the same thing and Paul wasn't pleased because he lost that contest. He also didn't like that I placed Robert Deigan ahead of him in the Mr NSW contest in 1972. So I guess he used the Mr Australia in 1975 to get even with me.

There was a Mr NSW a couple of weeks before the Nationals in 1975 and Robert Nailon won the contest over Hans Meyer. Hans was superior to Robert in my opinion. Arnold and other mates of Robert judged that contest and when the winner was announced booing erupted from the back of the hall. Paul always had a get-together after the contest and provided some food for the contestants. I wasn't pleased with the contest so didn't attend. Andrew Shigelski from my gym went because Arnold was there. We had Arnold at our gym the year before and he came to my place for dinner with Paul afterwards. Anyway, they accused Andrew of booing and he told them that I started it. So then and there Arnold and Paul decided to fix me at the contest in Melbourne. I had previously challenged Robert to compete. I posted a notice in Barry Hart's Coogee Gym calling Robert a paper tiger! All in fun but mainly to give myself some motivation.

When I was at the contest they had a meeting of competitors and judges. I spoke out and said Roger Walker shouldn't be allowed to compete because he already won the title. No one agreed with me after Arnold dismissed the idea. They ignored the precedent set in the AAU Mr America where you are allowed to win it only once. John Grimek won twice so they made a rule after that to give other guys a chance. A fellow name Ian Perrott came second to Roger that night. In the dressing room after the contest Ian confided to me that he should have spoken up. He figured he would win the next year. I told him he might not because there were lots of good guys around. Would you believe he committed suicide later that year! I wondered if he would have done that had he won the prestigious Mr Australia title. Apparently John Koziura also committed suicide. Very sad. I actually had Ian's daughter write to me about her father but in truth I didn't know him.
Arnold put me last and Paul gave me 25 points out of 100. Frank Burwash wrote that this was biased judging. I had warned him before that Paul was going to put me down and he said he would watch for that. Yeah, sure.

http://forum.iron-age-classic-bodybuilding.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=446975049d0d229d8cdc4a179e3aaf02&topic=10250.0

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #376 on: October 07, 2011, 08:18:04 PM »
Ah, the 1975 Mr Australia contest. Well, where to start. I was a judge in the Mr South Pacific Contest about 1972 or 73. I placed John Koziura ahead of Paul Graham and I think some other judges did the same thing and Paul wasn't pleased because he lost that contest. He also didn't like that I placed Robert Deigan ahead of him in the Mr NSW contest in 1972. So I guess he used the Mr Australia in 1975 to get even with me.

There was a Mr NSW a couple of weeks before the Nationals in 1975 and Robert Nailon won the contest over Hans Meyer. Hans was superior to Robert in my opinion. Arnold and other mates of Robert judged that contest and when the winner was announced booing erupted from the back of the hall. Paul always had a get-together after the contest and provided some food for the contestants. I wasn't pleased with the contest so didn't attend. Andrew Shigelski from my gym went because Arnold was there. We had Arnold at our gym the year before and he came to my place for dinner with Paul afterwards. Anyway, they accused Andrew of booing and he told them that I started it. So then and there Arnold and Paul decided to fix me at the contest in Melbourne. I had previously challenged Robert to compete. I posted a notice in Barry Hart's Coogee Gym calling Robert a paper tiger! All in fun but mainly to give myself some motivation.

When I was at the contest they had a meeting of competitors and judges. I spoke out and said Roger Walker shouldn't be allowed to compete because he already won the title. No one agreed with me after Arnold dismissed the idea. They ignored the precedent set in the AAU Mr America where you are allowed to win it only once. John Grimek won twice so they made a rule after that to give other guys a chance. A fellow name Ian Perrott came second to Roger that night. In the dressing room after the contest Ian confided to me that he should have spoken up. He figured he would win the next year. I told him he might not because there were lots of good guys around. Would you believe he committed suicide later that year! I wondered if he would have done that had he won the prestigious Mr Australia title. Apparently John Koziura also committed suicide. Very sad. I actually had Ian's daughter write to me about her father but in truth I didn't know him.
Arnold put me last and Paul gave me 25 points out of 100. Frank Burwash wrote that this was biased judging. I had warned him before that Paul was going to put me down and he said he would watch for that. Yeah, sure.

http://forum.iron-age-classic-bodybuilding.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=446975049d0d229d8cdc4a179e3aaf02&topic=10250.0

awesome story Vince...Thanks

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #377 on: October 08, 2011, 12:32:22 AM »
Dont you have better things to do at "69" than arguing with guys half or less you age and creating "online logs"?  ::)

He has Andropause, he is retired, life sucks & he is bored. I hope I don't make the age of 69 (the position I like)

PT
Growth/noob loves me

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #378 on: October 08, 2011, 01:55:33 AM »
I am not hanging out with younger guys. I merely post on a forum where all manner of people post....mostly anonymously. If you have a keyboard you can interact with other minds. That is about it. As you guys get older you will discover that a part of you doesn't age. Yes, where are the other older guys? Not many here. I guess you need a thick hide to remain on Getbig. I can stir with the best of them but I usually refrain from being vulgar.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #379 on: October 08, 2011, 08:48:52 AM »
He has Andropause, he is retired, life sucks & he is bored. I hope I don't make the age of 69 (the position I like)

PT

you should try it with women....its even better

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #380 on: October 08, 2011, 08:53:08 AM »

haha

like you would know twinkles
T

pillowtalk

• Getbig IV
  • Sent on my BlackBerry® from Vodafone
« Reply #381 on: October 08, 2011, 08:55:46 AM »

Stalker reported.

PT
Growth/noob loves me

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #382 on: October 08, 2011, 11:52:56 AM »

PT

Is that what it's called? I knew there was a name for this condition. LOL! Speaking for myself (67 here), life doesn't suck though. At least we old folks have an excuse for spending our time on a sometimes dumb Internet forum. What's yours?

When I was a kid like you, I couldn't imagine being in my sixties either. Strange how age sneaks up on you.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #383 on: October 08, 2011, 01:19:33 PM »
would be interesting to see the pics from this contest.
They had this weird notion of placing the physiques in order from best to worst....go figure.

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #384 on: October 08, 2011, 10:19:24 PM »
So true, the older ones have a better excuse for posting on the internet as they are retired with lots of free time.  The young ones are the ones who should be asked "don't you have something better to do".

Just for a young guy to be asking that question of an older guy shows he is probably unemployed and stupid.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #385 on: October 14, 2011, 05:48:33 PM »
Today my arms measured 17 1/2 inches cold. I am growing rapidly and it is both exciting and a worry. Why a worry? Well, I am getting stronger again and that increases the risk of injury. I have a torn right biceps and both elbows are tender from past injuries. I doubt my arms were 16 inches a month ago. I am training only arms but my whole upper body is filling out. I am training arms every 2nd day now.

I have a thread on Ironage. That forum is moderated unlike this one. I get little respect here and I cop abuse that is completely over the top. I have decided not to post further results here on Getbig. If you want to follow my progress then register at Ironage.

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #386 on: October 14, 2011, 06:06:38 PM »
Today my arms measured 17 1/2 inches cold. I am growing rapidly and it is both exciting and a worry. Why a worry? Well, I am getting stronger again and that increases the risk of injury. I have a torn right biceps and both elbows are tender from past injuries. I doubt my arms were 16 inches a month ago. I am training only arms but my whole upper body is filling out. I am training arms every 2nd day now.

I have a thread on Ironage. That forum is moderated unlike this one. I get little respect here and I cop abuse that is completely over the top. I have decided not to post further results here on Getbig. If you want to follow my progress then register at Ironage.

Post a pic of your progress. Measurements in and of itself is meaningless.

If you want people here to register to IronAge I think you'll lose a lot interest here. I was banned there years ago and not going to open up another email account to fool the mods just so I can post there and see pics. And do you really think those stuffy old farts want us over there?

It started here and it should stay here. We don't sugar coat things like they do on IA. If you s stop posting updates this thread will just die. Most people here are interested in what you are trying to do -- but not that interested because it's just a pipe dream. To match your 1970 condition is just not going to happen.

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #387 on: October 14, 2011, 06:12:56 PM »
Just stop posting here instead of trying to lure people to another forum, you creep.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #388 on: October 14, 2011, 06:18:21 PM »
QED! Yes, and where are my blue stars?

io856

« Reply #389 on: October 15, 2011, 12:56:44 PM »
you should post it all on getbig

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #390 on: October 22, 2011, 08:58:33 AM »
QED! Yes, and where are my blue stars?

so this is why you type in blue font instead? LOL!!!

"screw you ron. you wont give me my blue stars? I'LL TYPE IN BLUE FONT!!"

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #391 on: October 22, 2011, 09:00:01 AM »
and are the 17.5 inch arms still with 20% bf?

if so, they're really only about a 15.5 inch set of arms in your 1970 condition?

hows that 1970 condition going?

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #392 on: October 22, 2011, 11:50:59 AM »
vince is a complete cu nt

T

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #393 on: October 22, 2011, 12:00:05 PM »

Pretty funny that you still measure your arms.lol

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #394 on: October 22, 2011, 12:38:37 PM »
If you can't generate DOMS then you are unlikely to grow rapidly. You can still grow like everyone else and eventually get somewhere.

What I looked for was a method to save years from that journey. Biceps are difficult to get sore. I accept and know that. My point is

IF you can get them sore they should grow rapidly if you can keep them sore.

Sorry Vince, but there is no correlation between doms and hypertrophy. I don't know where you got this from but it's incorrect.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #395 on: October 22, 2011, 01:00:08 PM »
Vince growing some like a weed!

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #396 on: October 22, 2011, 01:19:21 PM »
Sorry Vince, but there is no correlation between doms and hypertrophy. I don't know where you got this from but it's incorrect.

Could you please elaborate on that theory Coach? I've always been let to believe that if I'm not sore the next day, I've done a half ass workout. If I train hard, I've got DOMS, always. Even after 16 years I've training I still get them as bad as day 1. If I train lighter or without focus, I don't get them. Does one still grow?

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #397 on: October 22, 2011, 01:39:53 PM »
I feel the same, if i don't ache the next day I'm pissed I can't have trained properly or hard enough.
Could you please elaborate on that theory Coach? I've always been let to believe that if I'm not sore the next day, I've done a half ass workout. If I train hard, I've got DOMS, always. Even after 16 years I've training I still get them as bad as day 1. If I train lighter or without focus, I don't get them. Does one still grow?

apply85

• Getbig IV
« Reply #398 on: October 22, 2011, 01:44:08 PM »
that's very true about pain, it comes and goes and is an ok indicator of health but not anywhere near 100%

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #399 on: October 22, 2011, 01:46:27 PM »
DOMS comes almost exclusively from the eccentric part of lifting (when a muscle is lengthening under tension, like the lowering phase of a bench press).  If you only ever did the concentric part and had your platonic lifting parter lower the weight for you you'd never get sore.