Author Topic: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.  (Read 163517 times)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
Re: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2011, 07:51:32 AM »
You would need a Gravity Suit to actually do this properly or a way to mimic the increase in Gravity via centrifugal force.

Why not make it easier on yourself and just train your whole body?

why not loan him the one you said you invented, stud.

:D
b

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2011, 07:53:01 AM »
Here is Ed Corney 10 years older than you.  He says he does Tricep Kickbacks with 150 lb Dbs still.  What say you?

Ed Corney trains at my gym. When I first saw him get out of his Corvette, I was  asking myself "who is this dude that can barely get out of his car?"

Then, when I saw him standing there, I realized he was bigger than I was. His belly is bigger than mine,  but he is still proportionately bigger. Too bad that interview doesnt do him any justice, unless you have the where-with all to see how much smaller La Cour is sitting next to him.

I talk to Ed from time to time. He is still a personal trainer, has his business cards with his home addy and everything. He is always looking for more clientele, but his rates ain't cheap! We also raced home one day. He only lives a few miles from me. Let's just say this: "He still trains hard and he still drives fast"

I would imagine that the day he gives that up is the day he dies.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2011, 07:55:31 AM »
Should one admire or pity the man.....?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2011, 07:57:12 AM »
why not loan him the one you said you invented, stud.

If you remember, I was able to work with NASA, offer input and test prior to its development and No, you cannot have one.

http://dvice.com/archives/2010/11/elastic-gravity.php

Elastic gravity suits keep astronauts strong and sexy

Spending extended time in space can also be dangerous. Besides the inevitable meteor showers and hostile aliens, astronauts also have to contend with things that are harder to defend against, like slowly losing bone mass. A new elastic jumpsuit may be able to help astronauts stay healthy, and keep them looking like superheroes while doing it.

Here on Earth, our bodies are constantly fighting against gravity to keep us upright. This takes a lot of work, as you may have noticed. In space, where gravity isn't a factor, your body doesn't have to work nearly as hard, and it gets lazy. Over time, astronauts lose both muscle tone and bone mass, which can cause problems when they come back home. To help solve this problem (or at least, mitigate it), MIT's Man-Vehicle Laboratory has developed the Gravity Loading Countermeasure Skinsuit, which is actually able to simulate the pull of gravity in weightless environments.

The concept behind the suit is simple: it's too small. The suit itself is made of an elastic material, with foot stirrups. It stretches to fit, but as it does so, the material exerts a force that pulls your shoulders down towards your feet. As far as your bones and muscles can tell, it's a sort of artificial gravity, and it should help to reduce the 2% bone mass that astronauts lose for each month they spend in orbit. This will be especially important for long stays aboard the ISS, and of course for trips to Mars and beyond.

The suit has been tested here on Earth and is apparently quite comfortable and doesn't restrict movement, meaning that it can be worn while working, relaxing or exercising. And let's be honest: sooner or later, astronauts are all going to have to start wearing matching jumpsuits anyway, because that's how we'll know it's the future.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2011, 08:27:31 AM »
No training aids or bizarre equipment or devices will be used in this experiment!

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2011, 09:24:34 AM »
"ron wouldn't give me my blue stars...

...so i type in blue font"

MORTALCOIL

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2011, 09:27:45 AM »
As roaming around the neighborhood for hours trying to lure hairless 13-yeard olds failed, all that free time leads us to another type of "experiment".

ob205

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2011, 09:39:43 AM »
Is this the 2011 version of the "Colorado experiment?"  I am expecting no less than 63 lbs of muscle gain.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2011, 11:03:28 AM »
lmao

only training arms  ::)
T

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2011, 11:20:07 AM »
Vince,

I'm all for your experiment and wish you the best of luck.

That being said, why exactly is it the "GetBig Experiment" when you're the only active participant?

"1"

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #60 on: September 21, 2011, 11:25:46 AM »
dj181 already tried this bullshit.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #61 on: September 21, 2011, 11:26:11 AM »
The "argument" was that you couldn't get back to where you were as Mr Canada. Meaning the same size at same body fat.

I think Vince believes in high energy intake when building muscle (though it must be hard to only consume 20 grams of protein a day when overeating. Vince believes in low protein so I wonder what he eats). A bulked arm means little when compared to a lean arm.

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 21, 2011, 11:28:33 AM »
Watch out, here comes the "Colorado experiment".  ::)

Cashfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: September 21, 2011, 11:30:07 AM »
Getbig IS involved in Basile's mutation in the purest of Getbig traditions.  Flaming, insults, prognostications of possible epitaphs and sundry douchebaggery.  

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
« Reply #64 on: September 21, 2011, 11:33:00 AM »
If you remember, I was able to work with NASA, offer input and test prior to its development and No, you cannot have one.

ahahahahahaha sure you did....oh brother ahahahahahahahaha

like seriously- do you expect anyone here to believe your continuous stream bullshit and lies?

what is missing in you that you feel the need to lie to strangers on the internet to feel validated?
b

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #65 on: September 21, 2011, 11:41:59 AM »
WhT does trueadonis Ctually do for a living?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #66 on: September 21, 2011, 11:43:24 AM »
ahahahahahaha sure you did....oh brother ahahahahahahahaha

like seriously- do you expect anyone here to believe your continuous stream bullshit and lies?

what is missing in you that you feel the need to lie to strangers on the internet to feel validated?
I don`t expect anyone to believe anything they don`t want to.

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #67 on: September 21, 2011, 11:43:57 AM »
the "experiment"

Pellius, the difference between you and me is that I am a bodybuilder whereas you train with weights. Keep doing what you are doing. Even if a locomotive hit you I doubt you would change! I will demonstrate in due course that I am still a bodybuilder at my age. When I do regain my former size, you owe me a nice dinner when I visit Hawaii. I will pick the menu. We will then take a photo together for the Getbig archives.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: September 21, 2011, 11:45:47 AM »
WhT does trueadonis Ctually do for a living?

I thought he was a venture capitalist who made millions of dollars after a few business deals in the mid-90's and now is able to appreciate the finer things in life, like spending time with his lovely lady and cooking gourmet cookies.

"1"

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #69 on: September 21, 2011, 11:46:39 AM »
TA is a gentleman and a scholar.

David M

• Getbig II
« Reply #70 on: September 21, 2011, 11:47:01 AM »
in 10 weeks, 20 weeks, 30 weeks.... youll look the same.  old without drugs is futile
Team MEL

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2011, 11:47:20 AM »
You look like shit.

Hope this helps.
post your pic for  comparsion so that we can see what a real live alpha male looks like. hope this helps.
F

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2011, 11:50:28 AM »
the "experiment"

..."i will show all of you!!!!"

My relative idleness has preserved my body so that I respond well to hypertrophy training and am making rapid gains.

The 'experts' here laugh at me and say I am stupid, senile, crazy, and that my thinking is 'broken'! I will show all of you.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2011, 11:58:13 AM »
I don`t expect anyone to believe anything they don`t want to.
AMAZING......ONE DAY HE WORKS WITH NASA......THE NEXT DAY HE IS POSTING @ GETBIG!

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2011, 12:09:02 PM »
Quoted for epicness.
The typical bodybuilder cannot accept, comprehend, or acknowledge that something new might be possible in hypertrophy training. You literally have to rethink the notions of recovery and soreness and how they affect maximum growth of muscles. If you refuse to allow new concepts then of course you will scoff at the attempt to build large muscles at an advanced age. It is possible and I will demonstrate this to the Flotsam.