Author Topic: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.  (Read 165280 times)

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
Re: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #725 on: January 07, 2012, 12:18:12 PM »
Vince is a thinker, which I suppose most people dislike because he questions training "truths" that we have been brainwashed into believing since we got started in the iron game.  

18" arms at any age is impressive, but especially impressive at Vince's age, and in the short amount of time it took to get them.  I say give credit where credit is due.  Most people in this thread have probably never had arms that big yet are trash talking as if they have.  

Just my two cents on the thread.

Speak for yourself and others, not THE BEEF.

A fat 18 inch arm is just that, a fat arm . . . go to McDonalds and A&W you'll see plenty of massive arms.  WE HAVE NO WAY OF KNOWING IT WAS EVER 18 inches, JUST MORE BULLSHIT FROM THAT MASTER SELF PROMOTER HIMSELF.

Vince is a dottering old fool, who never was, is not and never will be.

THE BEEF

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #726 on: January 07, 2012, 12:19:30 PM »
Admirable build on Bernie. The hairstyle is a little "out there" to me. Still, as you say, he's an inspiration to those of us trying to stay fit as we get older.

This cat is a freak.

THE BEEF

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #727 on: January 07, 2012, 12:47:36 PM »
This is fascinating. The first time I've heard anything even remotely close is in Arnold's first book where he said they'd go up into the mountains and spend a weekend just squatting. Didn't give any details. The only other time I've heard this is by Vince Basile himself. Speculated on this many times on this board and on others.

Very interesting. Even though this goes against everything I believe vis-a-vis training I might give this a try on my next vacation.

You are shitten THE BEEF, Vince did this ALSO???

Wow.

THE BEEF

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #728 on: January 07, 2012, 05:30:33 PM »
I measured my arms at 14.5 inches this morning.

io856

« Reply #729 on: January 07, 2012, 09:24:57 PM »
This is fascinating. The first time I've heard anything even remotely close is in Arnold's first book where he said they'd go up into the mountains and spend a weekend just squatting. Didn't give any details. The only other time I've heard this is by Vince Basile himself. Speculated on this many times on this board and on others.

Very interesting. Even though this goes against everything I believe vis-a-vis training I might give this a try on my next vacation.

Wow.

THE BEEF
haha wtf what bullshit  ::)

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #730 on: January 07, 2012, 09:55:39 PM »
I just Googled the words "Vince Basile" and the words "How fat do you want the women to be this time" came up...WTF!!!

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #731 on: January 08, 2012, 03:45:32 AM »
I just Googled the words "Vince Basile" and the words "How fat do you want the women to be this time" came up...WTF!!!
;D

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #732 on: January 08, 2012, 03:54:06 AM »
I measured my arms at 14.5 inches this morning.

Mine measured in at 14.66 inches this morning, so I got ya beat man ;D

You still running, or are you "bodybuilding" now? At one point in time I was running, "bodybuilding", doning bench press comps, and trying to do some fitness modelling on the side, needless to say, the fitness modelling thing didn't pan out too well lol

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #733 on: January 08, 2012, 07:41:54 AM »
I don't recall what you look like, but if you have an 18" arm, go ahead and post a clear pic of it. 

They dump on Ronnie, Jay, Kai, only a fool looking for self promotion is foolish enough to post pics on the Internet . . . And THE BEEF is no fool. If you're looking for images to rub one out over, THE BEEF ain't helping you there.

THE BEEF

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
« Reply #734 on: January 08, 2012, 07:44:20 AM »
haha wtf what bullshit  ::)

What bullshit are you referring to io856?

THE BEEF

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #735 on: January 09, 2012, 12:01:49 AM »
Vince is a thinker, which I suppose most people dislike because he questions training "truths" that we have been brainwashed into believing since we got started in the iron game. 

18" arms at any age is impressive, but especially impressive at Vince's age, and in the short amount of time it took to get them.  I say give credit where credit is due.  Most people in this thread have probably never had arms that big yet are trash talking as if they have. 

Just my two cents on the thread.

Measurements in and of itself means nothing. My neighbor is 59 years old, about 5'5" and tapes at just shy of 19 inches. Samoan, about 265 lbs and female.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #736 on: January 09, 2012, 12:04:58 AM »

Wow.

THE BEEF

lol! No, of course not. Vince just talked about it. "Speculated." He would never actually do this sort of thing. He'd tell you to do it. And keep doing it while you are still sore. But do it himself? lol!

Marshdogg

• Getbig II
  • You look like a bag of smashed anuses. Backsmash!
« Reply #737 on: January 09, 2012, 02:03:35 AM »
Vince, respect for you mentoring kids in the gym about training, your life long commitment to training and giving bodybuilding a crack but...

* You will never achieve a better body than you had in 1970.
* Your measurements are influenced by muscle maturity, glycogen levels and the increased adipose fat.
* There is no doubt that if you trained from 1960 to present, at exactly the same body fat level and weight, that you would experience a bell curve in your muscularity and measurements.

You are insane to think you will look better than your 1970 showings or that your lean muscle % will increase compared to that time.

I am 21 and I know this, geez.

You have a 'good build' for a non drug abusing, natural 69 year old but you would look tons better with even minimal amounts of testosterone. Let's leave it at that.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #738 on: January 09, 2012, 02:26:13 AM »
Listen to all the experts! Here is an updated photo taken yesterday on my ipad.

Marshdogg

• Getbig II
  • You look like a bag of smashed anuses. Backsmash!
« Reply #739 on: January 09, 2012, 02:31:19 AM »

All synthol, fat and photoshop  ;D

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #740 on: January 09, 2012, 02:34:29 AM »

You're jesting right? Or are you actually delusional? And I ask as a admirer and someone that respects 'old bodybuilding' and those that came before. You think we cannot see that's taken on the ipad with the 'warp' feature?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #741 on: January 09, 2012, 02:36:09 AM »
Give me a break.  Vince's arms are solid.  Not ripped, but in no way is the comparison you made valid.  If he dieted down they might be 17" ripped...which for a ripped arm...is still very impressive. 

What do your arms measure when cold, Pelius?
I'd give him 15inch ripped arms

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #742 on: January 09, 2012, 03:46:35 AM »
Give me a break.  Vince's arms are solid.  Not ripped, but in no way is the comparison you made valid.  If he dieted down they might be 17" ripped...which for a ripped arm...is still very impressive. 

What do your arms measure when cold, Pelius?

You said 18 inches is impressive at any age. No mention of a "solid" 18 inches. Just 18 inches. I took that literally and contend that measurements in and of itself don't tell the whole story. I don't know how solid Vince's arm is but it is a fat arm. An unconditioned arm There is nothing about it that even hints at someone who trains.

My arm measures just under 15.5 inches.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #743 on: January 09, 2012, 04:06:04 AM »
pellius ownage

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #744 on: January 09, 2012, 04:08:06 AM »
You said 18 inches is impressive at any age. No mention of a "solid" 18 inches. Just 18 inches. I took that literally and contend that measurements in and of itself don't tell the whole story. I don't know how solid Vince's arm is but it is a fat arm. An unconditioned arm There is nothing about it that even hints at someone who trains.

My arm measures just under 15.5 inches.
pellius don't need no stinkin' fun-house mirror effects.

hench

• Getbig V
« Reply #745 on: January 09, 2012, 06:19:58 AM »
can we see the original pic vince?

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #746 on: January 09, 2012, 07:51:06 AM »
can we see the original pic vince?

does it matter? "condition" is what the subject now is. if anything, the idiot or "Imbasile" has just helped us see clearer by blowing up his arm in the ipad warp feature and shown everyone that STILL! he is talking about an "18 inch arm" in THAT! condition!

Fucken LOL!

"achievement"  ::)

diet down to his 1970's condition and there is a solid 14 inches of actual M-U-S-C-L-E under there.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #747 on: January 09, 2012, 08:32:42 AM »
does it matter? "condition" is what the subject now is. if anything, the idiot or "Imbasile" has just helped us see clearer by blowing up his arm in the ipad warp feature and shown everyone that STILL! he is talking about an "18 inch arm" in THAT! condition!

Fucken LOL!

"achievement"  ::
He showed a nice Double chin.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #748 on: January 09, 2012, 11:52:46 AM »
what a fucking loser
A

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #749 on: January 09, 2012, 01:51:15 PM »

Wow, that arm is looking mighty big! Of course the proportions are way off and there is no definition....but do you really care?  ;D