Author Topic: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.  (Read 165127 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #950 on: January 16, 2012, 07:28:52 AM »
Freeweights or machines , it doesn't matter , it's all about consistency (nutrition and lifting) ,  
BTW  , nutrition is the most important factor  for your workout success .

lol

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #951 on: January 16, 2012, 07:42:08 AM »
lol
You should know this  by now  DJ181,

;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #952 on: January 16, 2012, 07:43:32 AM »
Freeweights or machines , it doesn't matter , it's all about consistency (nutrition and lifting) , 
BTW  , nutrition is the most important factor  for your workout success .

Not on this board brother.....donuts and ice cream are king!  :(

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #953 on: January 16, 2012, 07:46:51 AM »

haha yes! nutrition is for wimps. I only eat reeces ice cream and pussy!

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #954 on: January 16, 2012, 07:47:48 AM »

Donīt forget pussy + Beer   :D :D

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #955 on: January 16, 2012, 07:48:47 AM »

Generation nothingness .

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #956 on: January 16, 2012, 07:57:50 AM »
Generation nothingness .
Nobody`s strict these days and they wonder why they look like shit.

I tried the TA method and got sloppier than I ever have been in my life....this caused a big setback in this years contests...I know I would have done far better placement wise if I hadn`t fucked off on diet for 4 years.

As far as a veteran like Vince Basile goes,I bust his balls,but deep inside I truly do like him even though he preaches a dogmatic approach to training and has a closed mind.

You would think that in his present physical condition,and I`m not trying to put him down,that he would abandon the arm only training and get on a good diet and do cardio with whole body training split at least over 4 days............6 days woulkd be better as he would be burning more calories per day.

I saw guys who were natural at this years Masters Nats and North Americas who were well into their 70`s and looked great.

Talked to long time natural bodybuilder James Karas...........great guy,all natty and still looking fantastic for any age.

Rant over,but Vince could be in such great condition if he would at least consider others advice.

He did win the Mr. Canada,and that is something that can never be taken from him,but godaamit Vince,wake up and get fit not just adding adipose tissue to your already flabby arms.

He called Pellius small and says he doesn`t look like a bodybuilder but I bet pellius weighs more than he did when he won the Canada and he is always shredded!

OK,now I`m done!!  ;D

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #957 on: January 16, 2012, 08:05:08 AM »

I tried the TA method and got sloppier than I ever have been in my life....this caused a big setback in this years contests...I know I would have done far better placement wise if I hadn`t fucked off on diet for 4 years.

As far as a veteran like Vince Basile goes,I bust his balls,but deep inside I truly do like him even though he preaches a dogmatic approach to training and has a closed mind.

You would think that in his present physical condition,and I`m not trying to put him down,that he would abandon the arm only training and get on a good diet and do cardio with whole body training split at least over 4 days............6 days woulkd be better as he would be burning more calories per day.

I saw guys who were natural at this years Masters Nats and North Americas who were well into their 70`s and looked great.

Talked to long time natural bodybuilder James Karas...........great guy,all natty and still looking fantastic for any age.

Rant over,but Vince could be in such great condition if he would at least consider others advice.

He did win the Mr. Canada,and that is something that can never be taken from him,but godaamit Vince,wake up and get fit not just adding adipose tissue to your already flabby arms.

He called Pellius small and says he doesn`t look like a bodybuilder but I bet pellius weighs more than he did when he won the Canada and he is always shredded!

OK,now I`m done!!  ;D

I agree 100%.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #958 on: January 16, 2012, 08:08:07 AM »
I agree 100%.
I must be getting soft,or having a clomid moment but my post is sincere.  LOL  ;D

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #959 on: January 16, 2012, 08:20:04 AM »
I must be getting soft,or having a clomid moment but my post is sincere.  LOL  ;D

And you're quite correct. The simple adage of all ages still persists. Practice what you preach. I will take no lectures from someone that only trains arms and make no effort in reducing his body fat to acceptable levels. And to top it all of, his arrogance and unwillingness to listen to contrary opinions speaks volumes of his deteriorating mental ailments.

In short, Vince, you're not going to win over the 'flotsam' the way you're doing it now. Ever. 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #960 on: January 16, 2012, 08:22:26 AM »
And you're quite correct. The simple adage of all ages still persists. Practice what you preach. I will take no lectures from someone that only trains arms and make no effort in reducing his body fat to acceptable levels. And to top it all of, his arrogance and unwillingness to listen to contrary opinions speaks volumes of his deteriorating mental ailments.

In short, Vince, you're not going to win over the 'flotsam' the way you're doing it now. Ever. 
Preach on !!

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #961 on: January 16, 2012, 08:25:39 AM »
So what? Muscleheads are so set in their ways that it is amazing they ever come up with anything new. Guys at the gym all copy each other.

Exercise selection and form spreads like a deadly virus and infects the hapless flotsam who love lifting weights. They wonder about like robots wondering

why they aren't growing much. They buy the protein and other pills. They hope they can locate someone who can help them get big.

SHUT IT FORESKINBREATH

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #962 on: January 16, 2012, 08:32:21 AM »
Vince just builds these machines so when his 1993 white Dodge Grand Caravan gets pulled over, he can say he needs the space for scrap metal.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #963 on: January 16, 2012, 08:58:20 AM »
Vince just builds these machines so when his 1993 white Dodge Grand Caravan gets pulled over, he can say he needs the space for scrap metal.

;D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #964 on: January 16, 2012, 01:19:53 PM »
Give me a set of  freeweights and thats it. 
This is like Mahmoud Ahmadinejad offering to do a PSA for Amnesty International. Free weights thank you for your endorsement, but have to decline your offer at this time.

doriancutlerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #965 on: January 16, 2012, 02:01:43 PM »
I must say, I've enjoyed the Vince Gironda/Larry Scott/Vince Basile triceps extensions these past few weeks, even though I don't have the nifty bench Mr. Basile has.

I can see how it'd be advantageous to have pads on either side of the upper arms, but I've had no trouble with the movement so long as I concentrate on keeping my elbows close to my head.  Plus, an advantage to no pads is that, after you go to failure in the strict style, you can let your elbows drift outward and complete many, many more reps.  Best of all, you can "cheat" the weight into the contracted position, then pull your arms snug against your head for a nice, slow negative.  Think of a push press, only to lower the weight in strict, slow military style.

I did one set of those like that today.  Actually, a drop set.  12 plates for 8 strict to failure, and 8 for 7ish strict with no rest.  Then, I let my elbows go out as wide as necessary to complete each rep, then, as noted, pulled them tight against my head for each negative.  By the time I finished, I sat on the floor for a minute and couldn't do a single push-up.  Even the skin around my triceps near the elbow felt like it was going to tear out of my skin (no, I'm not clean right now, but I'm not on enough that it amounts to "holy sh*t my arms get pumped brushing my teeth").  All of the little old ladies and elderly gents gimping about regarded me as they would a madman.  I love my gym :D

This is definitely an exercise to use a 12-15 RM weight with.  Less than 10's too low IMO, especially given that it is very hard to get into position if you're the least bit strong.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #966 on: January 16, 2012, 02:26:10 PM »
Very strange that Vince is so negative towards free weights at the end of his life. I don't think I've heard this from anyone else. Just him.

Is Vince going to die soon? How do you know that it is the end of his life?

Well this is coming from another old guy, I believe there are real benefits from using machines for weight training, not to the absolute exclusion of free weights though. Variety is key in weight training and muscle building. Personally, I use all manner of machines and free weights in my training. It helps alleviate boredom and keeps me going to the gym when I might otherwise get sick of the same old, same old and slough off.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #967 on: January 16, 2012, 05:33:10 PM »
Hi, I'm Vince Basile and I'm going to the Moon!!!

Suspiria321

• Getbig I
« Reply #968 on: January 16, 2012, 08:52:47 PM »

io856

« Reply #969 on: January 16, 2012, 09:19:01 PM »
So what? Muscleheads are so set in their ways that it is amazing they ever come up with anything new. Guys at the gym all copy each other.

Exercise selection and form spreads like a deadly virus and infects the hapless flotsam who love lifting weights. They wonder about like robots wondering

why they aren't growing much. They buy the protein and other pills. They hope they can locate someone who can help them get big.

;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #970 on: January 16, 2012, 11:53:55 PM »
I had another arm workout today at my gym. Used my favourite machines again. They are one heck of a combination for arms. A pity Milos wasn't here to try them out.

15 reps for triceps is recommended so injuries are avoided. Worked well and I ended up with a good pump. 10 or more reps for biceps gets the job done.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #971 on: January 17, 2012, 12:20:17 AM »

Did you continue to train very hard at this time?

berblexer

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #972 on: January 17, 2012, 03:04:26 AM »

This is how you are supposed to look Vince.
Team Pat Banana

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #973 on: January 17, 2012, 03:11:43 AM »
Did you continue to train very hard at this time?
I trained hard but I reduced training time to 3 days a week instead of my usual 5 days and I did no cardio.

Ate like shit,looked fat and terrible.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #974 on: January 17, 2012, 03:12:46 AM »
I had another arm workout today at my gym. Used my favourite machines again. They are one heck of a combination for arms. A pity Milos wasn't here to try them out.

15 reps for triceps is recommended so injuries are avoided. Worked well and I ended up with a good pump. 10 or more reps for biceps gets the job done.

I agree on reps for triceps...too heavy invariably leads to injuries and elbow problems.