Author Topic: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.  (Read 163509 times)

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
Re: The Getbig experiment. Training photo at 69.
« Reply #1075 on: February 22, 2012, 08:16:12 PM »
I am impressive for my age when I am out and about. No doubt about that at all.

When you are out and about with fatter people, yes.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #1076 on: February 22, 2012, 09:44:26 PM »
Vincent, not bashing at all here, but did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, it's your fucked up, overly complicated equipment causing your "niggling pains"?

Just sayin.

lolz

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #1077 on: February 22, 2012, 11:00:01 PM »
No wonder I call most here the flotsam. No clue at all about hypertrophy. First of all no way I am using hormone replacement, vitamins or supplements of any kind. That was part of the experiment: to see if the body would produce enough to generate hypertrophy. Yes, to a marked degree the body does this if you trigger hypertrophy in a regular way.

When I started bodybuilding back in 1958 the belief then was that Mr Universes were musclebound. It was believed that carrying massive muscles into old age was neither healthy or desirable. So we all told ourselves that when we got over 60 we would cut back on our bodyweight and listen to the doctors. Well, this board is Gebig, not live happily ever after looking like a swimmer. To heck with that. I have always wanted to have larger muscles. So, I endeavoured to see if that could be accomplished at my age. Well, it isn't so easy because of the darn injuries. The hypertrophy mechanism is functioning as it did when I was younger. It seems even better now because my workouts trigger more growth. The problems appear as the size increases to the point where heavy resistance is required to stimulate further growth. This is not so easy to overcome and is frustrating.

I am talking about actual physical processes and potential so spare me the lame advice about what to do re my physique.

Vince, you've gone mad. You have to be the oldest internet troll in existence.

johnny1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1078 on: February 22, 2012, 11:51:31 PM »
What nonsense. I trained for 12 years before using a couple of Dianabol tablets per day for a couple of months. I didn't grow much on the Dbol.

Here is a photo taken in 1964.

Great pic, good structure Vince, would of been Interesting to see just what you could of actually done with it if you went down the same path as others of the day with alot of Drugs, the actual structure was there to build a very good Physique.

bigmc

• Getbig V
« Reply #1079 on: February 23, 2012, 12:04:29 AM »
No wonder I call most here the flotsam. No clue at all about hypertrophy. First of all no way I am using hormone replacement, vitamins or supplements of any kind. That was part of the experiment: to see if the body would produce enough to generate hypertrophy. Yes, to a marked degree the body does this if you trigger hypertrophy in a regular way.

When I started bodybuilding back in 1958 the belief then was that Mr Universes were musclebound. It was believed that carrying massive muscles into old age was neither healthy or desirable. So we all told ourselves that when we got over 60 we would cut back on our bodyweight and listen to the doctors. Well, this board is Gebig, not live happily ever after looking like a swimmer. To heck with that. I have always wanted to have larger muscles. So, I endeavoured to see if that could be accomplished at my age. Well, it isn't so easy because of the darn injuries. The hypertrophy mechanism is functioning as it did when I was younger. It seems even better now because my workouts trigger more growth. The problems appear as the size increases to the point where heavy resistance is required to stimulate further growth. This is not so easy to overcome and is frustrating.

I am talking about actual physical processes and potential so spare me the lame advice about what to do re my physique.

if this is meant to be funny you are a comedy genuis
T

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #1080 on: February 23, 2012, 04:44:19 AM »

Sounds like a Cole Porter line.

Swlabr

« Reply #1081 on: February 23, 2012, 04:51:22 AM »
Basile cracks me up. ;D

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1082 on: February 23, 2012, 06:16:53 AM »
Need some decent progress pics please.

James28

• Getbig V
  • toilet roll of peace
« Reply #1083 on: March 06, 2012, 06:34:40 AM »
Updates?

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #1084 on: March 06, 2012, 06:42:51 AM »
Na..doubt it... Vince is now on Iron Age Old Farts Forum... ;D

NordicNerd

• Getbig III
« Reply #1085 on: March 06, 2012, 08:11:48 AM »

Sorry, but you are fat and hairy and simply look like an ordinary fat, old man. You need to lose weight in order to look fit and muscular.

NN

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1086 on: March 06, 2012, 11:23:41 AM »

So at the your age, you are clever enough to try to build body without any supplements, and now you are wondering about the injuries and non existent size increasing? Well, if you drop off something from the equation, the outcome can't be same..You talk about hypertrophy like an inventor of the whole thing, but more I read about it, it seem to be just plain and simple the mechanism which bodybuilding is based on. You stimulate your muscles, and they grow, if your protein intake is right. That is all in it. All muscle stimulation launch hypertrophy, so if you lift weights, there it is. All the rest in the matter is subjective, so if you "feel" that your machines help to maintain hypertrophy, it is all in your head. For example, we could ask where is all the great bodybuilders who has used "your" technique? Where is the proof that it works better than "Adonis principals" for example. You "Gurus" seem to be mentally in the same league, and equally full of shit.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #1087 on: March 06, 2012, 03:11:56 PM »
dj181 already tried this bullshit.

FACT

and i'm gonna try it again, but this time with 20 mg of superdrol per day, so maybe this time it will work ;D

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1088 on: March 06, 2012, 06:01:32 PM »
Bodybuilding in old age is like driving a vintage car. No matter how good it looks it still squeeks and squawks when you push it hard.

I am taking training around an injury to a new level!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1089 on: March 06, 2012, 06:04:41 PM »
So at the your age, you are clever enough to try to build body without any supplements, and now you are wondering about the injuries and non existent size increasing? Well, if you drop off something from the equation, the outcome can't be same..You talk about hypertrophy like an inventor of the whole thing, but more I read about it, it seem to be just plain and simple the mechanism which bodybuilding is based on. You stimulate your muscles, and they grow, if your protein intake is right. That is all in it. All muscle stimulation launch hypertrophy, so if you lift weights, there it is. All the rest in the matter is subjective, so if you "feel" that your machines help to maintain hypertrophy, it is all in your head. For example, we could ask where is all the great bodybuilders who has used "your" technique? Where is the proof that it works better than "Adonis principals" for example. You "Gurus" seem to be mentally in the same league, and equally full of shit.

This is what most believe. The content of your post reveals that you know almost nothing about advanced hypertrophy. Join the club that have no clue about how to grow rapidly.

The vast majority of guys doing what you suggest are not making any gains at all. Why is that? To me that proves there is something wrong with what you suggest. BTW, you don't need all that much protein.

prophecy

• Getbig II
« Reply #1090 on: March 06, 2012, 06:09:51 PM »
YOU LOOK LIKE SHIT

hope this helps.  :o

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #1091 on: March 06, 2012, 06:12:33 PM »
Bodybuilding in old age is like driving a vintage car. No matter how good it looks it still squeeks and squawks when you push it hard.

have your training loads gone up? if not, then you don't have bigger muscles

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #1092 on: March 06, 2012, 06:28:40 PM »
Holy fuck Vince have your blood pressure checked immediately

Dokey111

• Getbig V
« Reply #1093 on: March 06, 2012, 06:34:04 PM »
YOU LOOK LIKE SHIT

hope this helps.  :o

is that you in the pic?  if so, then shut up.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #1094 on: March 06, 2012, 06:38:01 PM »

monster flabby canasta player triceps, 205/190 blood pressure reading, Eddie Munster eyebrows and lean body mass, white couch, white van now missing a white back seat, and undeserved look of smug satisfaction.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1095 on: March 06, 2012, 06:42:56 PM »
I am out in the sun a lot taking photos of landscapes, etc. This is my new white van!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1096 on: March 06, 2012, 06:45:06 PM »
monster flabby canasta player triceps, 205/190 blood pressure reading, Eddie Munster eyebrows and lean body mass, white couch, white van now missing a white back seat, and undeserved look of smug satisfaction.

My forearms are like high tensile steel. I could easily pull out your ribs with one blow.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #1097 on: March 06, 2012, 06:53:55 PM »
My forearms are still as big as ever which is pleasing. I have some safety fat of course in case of sickness or injury. I don't want to reduce too much because then I would

have to buy a new wardrobe!
  ;D

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #1098 on: March 06, 2012, 07:00:54 PM »
My forearms are like high tensile steel. I could easily pull out your ribs with one blow.

100% attributable to extreme masturbation......of other people.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #1099 on: March 06, 2012, 07:13:47 PM »
LOL @ 'safety fat' !  :D