Author Topic: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house "We got you, you white ........"  (Read 21838 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house
BY JULIE SHAW
Philadelphia Daily News

shawj@phillynews.com 215-854-2592

ABOUT 11 P.M. on Sept. 9, dozens of youths with bats and pipes descended on a tidy residential area of Port Richmond looking for white teens who allegedly had attacked an African-American kid at Stokely Playground a couple of hours earlier.

Two fearful white teens spotted Mark LaVelle on Indiana Avenue near Belgrade Street and asked for help. Suddenly, the mob appeared. LaVelle, who said that he didn't know the two kids, who looked to be 13 or 14, ran with them into his nearby house.

" 'We got you, you white mother-------!' " LaVelle said he heard someone yell in the "mob" of black and Hispanic youths.

Inside his house, LaVelle, 37, called to his wife, Kim, 30, to go to their bedroom with their twin 13-month-old boys, Mark and Mason, and to call police. He also ordered his two other sons, 11 and 17, and his nephew, 7, to stay upstairs.

With the two teens hiding in the house, LaVelle, 5 feet 10, 220 pounds, a well-known sports-league organizer and coach in the community, went outside to try to calm the angry mob.

They were standing on his steps. One shouted, " 'Something's going to happen now!' " LaVelle recalled in an interview Friday at his house. LaVelle got nervous and went back inside, locking his door with a deadbolt.

But the attackers pounded on his front windows and kicked his wooden door so hard, it flew open and some of them entered his house.

"The first guy hits me with a pipe. The second guy knocks me in the face. All I'm hearing is my wife and kids screaming," said LaVelle, who feared that the next time they saw him, he would be in a casket.

He said that he was able to push the attackers out the door, but then a third man - who had a gun - tried to extend his arm. LaVelle grabbed onto the gunman's lower arm and shoulder so he couldn't raise the weapon. Then, police sirens screamed in the neighborhood, and the mob turned and ran.

LaVelle was able to identify three of the people from the melee. He said he did not know if they had been chasing the white teenagers, or if they were just trying to find someone to attack.

Police arrested Bergson Morin, 21, of Rosehill Street near Wyoming Avenue, Feltonville, as the man with the gun. They arrested Enrique Delgado, 32, of Rockland and C streets, Feltonville, as the man who hit LaVelle with the pipe. And they arrested a 17-year-old juvenile as the one who punched LaVelle in the face, giving him a black eye.

LaVelle said that the next day the mother of the juvenile came back with some other people, banging on his door, screaming. LaVelle, who was at a charity sports event, was called back to the house by one of his sons.

When he got home, LaVelle said, the mother yelled at him, " 'You white mother------, you got my kid locked up! You got my son locked up because he's black, you're white!' " The mother claimed that her son had been "a witness," not an attacker. To that, LaVelle said if that were true, it would come out in court.

But the mother, according to LaVelle, then yelled: " 'If you make it to court! I know where you live!' "

Police public affairs could not confirm yesterday if the mother has been arrested for making threats.

Patty-Pat Kozlowski, president of the Port Richmond on Patrol and Civic Association, said that police told her that the attack on LaVelle stemmed from the incident at Stokely Playground, Indiana Avenue and Thompson Street, a few blocks from LaVelle's house.

She heard that an African-American "kid got knocked off his bike or fell off" and white kids were laughing at him. The group of African-Americans and Hispanics came back for retaliation, Kozlowski believes.

She said she didn't know any of the people involved in the playground incident or in the attack on LaVelle. LaVelle said he also did not know anyone involved.

Morin and Delgado, who face charges of aggravated assault, conspiracy, burglary, weapons and related offenses, face a preliminary hearing in Municipal Court today. They are both in custody. Their family members could not be reached for comment.

Freddy Godoy, Delgado's attorney, said yesterday that someone Delgado knows "was probably related to the child" who was attacked in the playground. But he contends that Delgado was not one of the people who attacked LaVelle.

Richard Patton, Morin's attorney, declined comment yesterday.

Kozlowski, a legislative aide to City Councilwoman Joan Krajewski and a lifelong Port Richmond resident, wrote about the attack in The Spirit community newspaper, which serves the river wards. Since then, the story has created a lot of buzz in the predominantly white neighborhood.

Kozlowski and Maryann Trombetta, president of the Port Richmond Town Watch, both recalled the murder of Sean Daily, a white teen who was beaten and shot by bat-wielding youths, mostly Latino, in May 1989.

They don't believe that the attack on LaVelle started as a racial incident, but believe that there was a racial element to it when the mob "called him a white mother------" and when the juvenile's mother allegedly threatened LaVelle.

LaVelle, who runs sports leagues composed of youths and adults of different races, said he doesn't want any retaliation on the people who attacked him. But the attack has instilled fear in him and his family, and he hopes that there will be more of a police presence in the neighborhood.

His wife is afraid to stay at home, and "every time I hear a car, I'm looking out the door," he said.

"It's not a good way to live."

________________________ ________________________ _________________

Moron should have had a shotgun w backup handgun and blasted these zombies. 

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house "We got you, you white ........"
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 07:23:50 AM »
do you just wake up and hit the Google search on black on white crime???

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 07:24:47 AM »
do you just wake up and hit the Google search on black on white crime???

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2011, 07:25:34 AM »
and your point is???

Steelrabbitt

• Getbig II
  • Ocelot MTHRFCKR
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 07:27:33 AM »
I have to apply for my gun liscense. Bad times we live in....
Jay

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 07:29:00 AM »
I have to apply for my gun liscense. Bad times we live in....

Mossberg 500 Cruiser 12 guage is a good first step to keep the Zombies out. 

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2011, 07:30:04 AM »
Can we have some good news stories for a change please?

Black on black crime perhaps that's always worth a giggle.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2011, 07:31:08 AM »
Moron should have had a shotgun w backup handgun and blasted these zombies. 

See, I'm very tempted to agree with you here since those punks definitely set themselves up for it.. but if you think about it, if he did blast a couple of buckshots in to the mob the end result would have been a massacre. The villains are human beings too. I prefer the alternative where less people get killed.. This is where a huge canister of pepper spray would have come in handy.
from incomplete data

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2011, 07:33:03 AM »
See, I'm very tempted to agree with you here since those punks definitely set themselves up for it.. but if you think about it, if he did blast a couple of buckshots in to the mob the end result would have been a massacre. The villains are human beings too. I prefer the alternative where less people get killed.. This is where a huge canister of pepper spray would have come in handy.

Maybe he should just have had a bunch of job applications handy - made paper airplanes out of them and have the kids throw them off the roof into the crowd. 

Crowd would have dispersed and run for cover like no one has ever seen. 

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2011, 07:34:08 AM »
I'd like to have something like this in my hands if I were in that situation.. and a sawed off 12 gauge in my backpocket if shit seriously hits the fan.

from incomplete data

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2011, 07:36:01 AM »
I'd like to have something like this in my hands if I were in that situation.. and a sawed off 12 gauge in my backpocket if shit seriously hits the fan.

He should have thrown them a fucking basketball or a fucking melon or something.

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2011, 07:37:49 AM »
He should have thrown them a fucking basketball or a fucking melon or something.

I think I'll keep my uber-effective pepper spray that's the size of a small fire extinguisher and a 12 gauge. Waaaay more effective.
from incomplete data

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2011, 07:39:12 AM »
I think I'll keep my uber-effective pepper spray that's the size of a small fire extinguisher and a 12 gauge. Waaaay more effective.

just because you don't know how these black hooligans work mate.

Take me for instance - I would have stepped on the drive way - wifebeater on - fucking cbar in one hand broken beer bottle in the other and go:
WHO OF YOU FUCKING CUPCAKES WANTS TO GET CASTRATED FIRST!!!

I guarantee you they would have crawled back into their "hood - battle ships" and fucked back to the projects!!!

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2011, 07:40:39 AM »
just because you don't know how these black hooligans work mate

Please do explain, sir. Is the Glock the equivalent of a job application to these people?  ;D
from incomplete data

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2011, 07:41:10 AM »
Yeah, 'cause White people are innately incapable of coalescing into mobs.  ::)

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 07:41:56 AM »
Mossberg 500 Cruiser 12 guage is a good first step to keep the Zombies out. 

in this instance... zombies=black ni66ers right 3333

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 07:43:04 AM »
Please do explain, sir. Is the Glock the equivalent of a job application to these people?  ;D

No its what you get after you have passed your probation ;D

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2011, 07:43:32 AM »
Wow, Stark editing his posts all over the place!
from incomplete data

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2011, 07:43:42 AM »
Maybe he should just have had a bunch of job applications handy - made paper airplanes out of them and have the kids throw them off the roof into the crowd. 

Crowd would have dispersed and run for cover like no one has ever seen. 

thats correct.. because black people dont like jobs... duh...

You tell em 333 youre spot on today

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2011, 07:44:02 AM »
this isn't about race.  Sorry.    If the 10 assholes attacking the guy were worth a million bucks each, they wouldn't have been attacking.

It's about money.  Broke MFers will rob people.

I fault the victim for living in a shitty area with friendly gun laws, and not having the stones to put 11 rounds in the first 3 attackers, then reloading his Glock and laughing at the retreating seven a-holes.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2011, 07:45:05 AM »
Wow, Stark editing his posts all over the place!

Keeps you on your toes

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2011, 07:46:41 AM »
this isn't about race.  Sorry.    If the 10 assholes attacking the guy were worth a million bucks each, they wouldn't have been attacking.

It's about money.  Broke MFers will rob people.

I fault the victim for living in a shitty area with friendly gun laws, and not having the stones to put 11 rounds in the first 3 attackers, then reloading his Glock and laughing at the retreating seven a-holes.

No.. youre totally wrong 240...

They are black.... so they are genetically predisposed to robbing the white man... also.. no black person likes to work so you can like repel them with job applications... duh.... get with it 240...

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2011, 07:47:55 AM »

What's up this mentality really? Are you really that eager to kill people?
from incomplete data

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2011, 07:48:01 AM »
No.. youre totally wrong 240...

They are black.... so they are genetically predisposed to robbing the white man... also.. no black person likes to work so you can like repel them with job applications... duh.... get with it 240...

Its not genetics.  Its the ghetto thug culture.    

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2011, 07:48:39 AM »
It's all their parents faults!!!
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!