Author Topic: Intro music...  (Read 5649 times)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
Intro music...
« on: September 27, 2011, 10:10:01 AM »
I caught CM Punks entrance last night, as I never watch wrestling anymore, and he uses Cult of Personality which is a great intro song.  Does anybody else use any "real" songs for entrances in the WWE or TNA anymore?

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
Re: Intro music...
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 03:25:21 PM »
HHH still uses Motorhead, was that song originally a single, or was it written for HHH?

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2011, 07:08:35 PM »
HHH still uses Motorhead, was that song originally a single, or was it written for HHH?

It was written for him if I remember right.  Sheamus, Miz and now Alex Riley are using songs from lesser-known bands at the moment I think.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 09:27:17 AM »
It was written for him if I remember right.  Sheamus, Miz and now Alex Riley are using songs from lesser-known bands at the moment I think.

Yeah the Motorhead song was written for HHH.  And I don't get guys using songs by lesser known bands.  The whole idea is to use it as a "mood setter" like Flair and 2001 or Road Warriors and Iron Man.  Playing some random noise that nobody has ever heard of is the same as having Jimmy Hart write one for you.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 07:43:28 PM »
I suppose it's a step above a generic Jim Johnston tune, but doesn't cost dollars like 'Cult of Personality' will do.  I quite like Miz and Riley's songs, I'd be tempted to go on iTunes and buy them.

joseywaleshhh

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 04:01:52 PM »
Punk's old song was by Kill Switch Engage. Batista's song was playing at the gym today, no idea who does it.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 10:19:31 PM »
Punk's old song was by Kill Switch Engage. Batista's song was playing at the gym today, no idea who does it.

That was Saliva, they did the WM theme a couple of years ago as well.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2011, 02:41:47 AM »
Worst ever...

Some of you older (over 35) gentlemen may remember some cheesy kids' "news" segment on TBS called Kid's Beat.  I found their theme music on YouTube (first 20 seconds or so).  I include this because I once caught an independent show in Roanoke, VA, and one of the wrestlers actually used it as his entrance theme (and he was the "champion"  lol) 

~

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2011, 01:58:37 PM »
Worst ever...

Some of you older (over 35) gentlemen may remember some cheesy kids' "news" segment on TBS called Kid's Beat.  I found their theme music on YouTube (first 20 seconds or so).  I include this because I once caught an independent show in Roanoke, VA, and one of the wrestlers actually used it as his entrance theme (and he was the "champion"  lol) 

haha, was Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant headlining?  ;D

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2011, 02:09:26 PM »
haha, was Boogie Woogie Man Jimmy Valiant headlining?  ;D

hahahaha   no he would have used that "Boy From New York City" crap...

It was some masked dude that was probably somebody halfway famous at some point but had probably gone broke and let himself go to pot so he was relegated to doing shows in junior high school gymnasiums or between the 1st and 2nd period of minor league hockey games. 
~

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2011, 07:25:34 PM »
I'd been away from wwe for a minute but this slow mo entrance killed me and had me dying when I saw this a year or so ago with the sparks and all. I'm back watching now. lol  

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2011, 09:17:31 AM »
ECW used real songs all the time, favorite was the franchises perfect stranger by deep purple...
F

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2011, 01:54:36 PM »
ECW used real songs all the time, favorite was the franchises perfect stranger by deep purple...

Do you run into any ECW alumni very often, Funk?

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2011, 09:06:41 AM »

Do you run into any ECW alumni very often, Funk?
there's a store in an old mall in allentown that often brings wrestlers and sport stars in for autograph sessions, bruno, lil guido, tony atlas, rocky johnson, superstar billy g just to name a few. stores name is carson's and if your a fan you'd be surprised by the prices most autos are only 10 bucks.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2011, 09:21:05 AM »
you can buy all kind of memorabila there from missy hyatt's bikini to a full sized wrestling ring.
F

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2011, 11:35:24 AM »
Hogans American Made entrance song in wcw is brilliant, i still listen to it when im working out  ;D

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2011, 12:26:18 PM »
Loved this particular entrance. :D