Author Topic: The Afterlife  (Read 27567 times)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
Re: The Afterlife
« Reply #350 on: October 05, 2011, 05:26:53 AM »
Question specifically for Tbombz: On average, in general, do you believe that being religious, that having religion, a belief that one will be held accountable for their sins; will make for better people  then if they had no such beliefs whatsoever? That they will not be held accountable for their behavior after they die?

Also, I posed a scenario and question for you that got lost in the shuffle. I'd be interested in your response.

Everyone and there brother will say that it wouldn't make a difference, but what people forget is that this generation is the only civilized generation per se, so those who do not believe in God as a whole can act just as positive as those who do, but only in this generation... let me explain why in a sec.

Now you have the smart asses often compare Christians from medevil days to nonbelievers of our modern era and come to the conclusion that the Christians of yesteryear where barbaric in nature and that modern day nonbelievers are saints in comparison but anyone who has kept tract of all the political agendas throughout history will know that as barbaric as Christans where back then they were leading and paving the way to reasoning, the real barbaric behaviour and raw cruelty came from nations who didn't dwell on a God, in fact the third world nations across the globe who share the same characteristics as those who don't care of a belief system are still behaving barbaric and cruel.

What is my point?.... My point is even if Tbombs can answere with a straight face that it wouldn't make a difference, he may not be far off in this generation only, but what he doesn't realize is even those who don't believe in a God and can act with a high moral standing only have this ability to do so cause the very Christian foundations that has paved the standards of this world in a civilized manner, western civilization is founded on Christian Morals and so is the Catholic church paving the way to civility in Europe.

SBG

• Getbig II
« Reply #351 on: October 05, 2011, 07:38:44 AM »
Why are you so hostile about this topic? 
When people in the year 2011 believe that a snake spoke to people created from dirt and a rib, I happen to get hostile by the ignorance of some people in society for not rising above primitive beliefs from 2000+ years ago.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #352 on: October 05, 2011, 08:16:48 AM »
When people in the year 2011 believe that a snake spoke to people created from dirt and a rib, I happen to get hostile by the ignorance of some people in society for not rising above primitive beliefs from 2000+ years ago.

If you were sitting with me face-to-face in conversation you wouldn't spew any hostility, and that's not some moronic tough guy line either....you just wouldn't.  You wouldn't agree with my opinions, but you'd be polite, and we'd end up saying something like "let's just agree to disagree" and you'd be on your way.....that's it.  The anonymity of the internet allows you to unleash; regardless of that luxury, it still isn't justification.  I don't mind if people don't belief (certainly I would prefer they do), but I don't force change on people or demand you "change your ways".  You're free to belief however you want.  Fact of the matter is you can avoid all things Christian if you desire just as I can pretty much avoid the secular world for the most part in my day-to-day.  The age of the belief system has nothing to do it.  You're hostile online because you can be.  I haven't lashed out at you and I don't agree with you, but I'm not mad at you.  I don't need to insult or cuss out nonbelievers because they feel a certain way even if it stands in direct opposition to my position.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #353 on: October 05, 2011, 08:21:31 AM »

According to that genesis tale, the Christian god (the demiurg) didn't want Adam or Eve to eat from the tree of knowledge. The snake had a nice conversation with Eve about that, and the outcome was that first Eve and then Adam ate from that tree. God didn't like that and both of them were kicked out of the garden. Psycho-god didn't want his folks to get smart, but stay dumb and childish. Yes, this makes perfectly sense to me.  ::)

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #354 on: October 05, 2011, 08:23:35 AM »
If you were sitting with me face-to-face in conversation you wouldn't spew any hostility, and that's not some moronic tough guy line either....you just wouldn't.  You wouldn't agree with my opinions, but you'd be polite, and we'd end up saying something like "let's just agree to disagree" and you'd be on your way.....that's it.  The anonymity of the internet allows you to unleash; regardless of that luxury, it still isn't justification.  I don't mind if people don't belief (certainly I would prefer they do), but I don't force change on people or demand you "change your ways".  You're free to belief however you want.  Fact of the matter is you can avoid all things Christian if you desire just as I can pretty much avoid the secular world for the most part in my day-to-day.  The age of the belief system has nothing to do it.  You're hostile online because you can be.  I haven't lashed out at you and I don't agree with you, but I'm not mad at you.  I don't need to insult or cuss out nonbelievers because they feel a certain way even if it stands in direct opposition to my position.

You are a religious nutcase, lol. Fucking idiot.  :D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #355 on: October 05, 2011, 09:56:37 AM »
You are a religious nutcase, lol. Fucking idiot.  :D

Yes, yes....I'm a religious nutcase, a Jesus freak, an insane born again, a deluded moron, an uneducated closeminded exclusivist seeking control over the world and any reference material provided in support of my position is all based upon the findings of fraudulent, wackjob "experts" with no substantial or peer-reviewed works who are now considered outcasts in their fields of study.....just par for the course.....par for the course.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #356 on: October 05, 2011, 10:30:25 AM »
Yes, yes....I'm a religious nutcase, a Jesus freak, an insane born again, a deluded moron, an uneducated closeminded exclusivist seeking control over the world and any reference material provided in support of my position is all based upon the findings of fraudulent, wackjob "experts" with no substantial or peer-reviewed works who are now considered outcasts in their fields of study.....just par for the course.....par for the course.

:o

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #357 on: October 05, 2011, 11:02:00 AM »
“Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.”
― Isaac Asimov

this sums up my feelings on the book  ;D
asimov was on a side note, a depressive drug addict. JFYI.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #358 on: October 05, 2011, 11:04:37 AM »
asimov was on a side note, a depressive drug addict. JFYI.

Lets entertain he was , that wouldn't change the validity of that statement.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
« Reply #359 on: October 05, 2011, 11:17:09 AM »
Lets entertain he was , that wouldn't change the validity of that statement.

If a believer provided support for a biblical contradiction and that support was based on the findings of a field expert that was both depressed and addicted to some type of drug I'm betting that support would be thrown out without consideration.   

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #360 on: October 05, 2011, 11:18:45 AM »
Most people on earth when they die or experience NDE, see a white tunnel/light (spaceship? time/space travel ? )in the sky and feel like they re -their soul, spirit, consciousness- flying while seeing their body from outside. God say we join our "Fathers" , our lineage, when we die.

And it doesnt happen to everyone. Others seem scared when they die, when others die in peace.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #361 on: October 05, 2011, 11:23:52 AM »
If a believer provided support for a biblical contradiction and that support was based on the findings of a field expert that was both depressed and addicted to some type of drug I'm betting that support would be thrown out without consideration.   

Big difference it was an opinion it's not a fact. And Freud was addicted to coke his findings still hold up , the findings stand the test of time

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #362 on: October 05, 2011, 11:25:35 AM »
Most people on earth when they die or experience NDE, see a white tunnel/light (spaceship? time/space travel ? )in the sky and feel like they re -their soul, spirit, consciousness- flying while seeing their body from outside. God say we join our "Fathers" , our lineage, when we die.

And it doesnt happen to everyone. Others seem scared when they die, when others die in peace.

You're gonna speak for most people on earth?  ::) it's very hard to take what you type with any amount of seriousness

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #363 on: October 05, 2011, 12:04:16 PM »
You're gonna speak for most people on earth?  ::) it's very hard to take what you type with any amount of seriousness
you re either dumb or immature; we re all the same, looks like you still didnt figure that one. I guess you think you re unique, different, like so many nowadays, goes hand in hand with the fact you dont feel like you belong to a community, society, a bigger picture. You re alone, on your own, an individualist who dont believe in anything anymore but the satisfaction of his own animal impulses. You think you re a god. Always the same reasoning. Fact is you are not. And that there is a God above you and us all. There is something bigger than you and you re just part of it.

Funny how so many people , on here especially, look for genuine stable hapiness exactly where it is not and fail to see it is where they re not looking. They think it's in steroid, money, looking like an alpha male or some other bullshits.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #364 on: October 05, 2011, 12:09:09 PM »
you re either dumb or immature; we re all the same, looks like you still didnt figure that one. I guess you think you re unique, different, like so many nowadays, goes hand in hand with the fact you dont feel like you belong to a community, society, a bigger picture. You re alone, on your own, an individualist who dont believe in anything anymore but the satisfaction of his own animal impulses. You think you re a god. Always the same reasoning. Fact is you are not. And that there is a God above you and us all. There is something bigger than you and you re just part of it.

Funny how so many people , on here especially, look for genuine stable hapiness exactly where it is not and fail to see it is where they re not looking. They think it's in steroid, money, looking like an alpha male or some other bullshits.

LMFAO like I said it's hard to take you seriously with the stuff you type.  :D

pellius

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith Jones aka OnlyMe/NoWorries. 1/10/2011
« Reply #365 on: October 05, 2011, 02:37:22 PM »

In that case the problem is with you? That what someone else believes troubles you so much. Say someone believes he use to be Alexander the Great and when he dies he's coming back as a parrot. I would think he is quite ignorant and delusional but it would hardly make me angry of hostile. I think it is preposterous that everything we see around us, all the complexities in this world, all the complexities in a single person, all happened by pure chance. Just a random concussion of molecules and over time -- boom-- we have you and me. But it in no way makes me hostile if people believe that.

I've always found it curious the attitude between Believers (Muslims excluded) and Atheist. A theist believes that Atheist are simply wrong but bear no animosity towards them. And Atheist not only think they are wrong but that it really bothers them and makes them "hostile" that people don't share their beliefs.

I suspect (meaning I'm not sure and of course atheist will deny it), that perhaps an atheist are not as secure in their beliefs as a theist/believer is. The reason I say that is that many, overwhelmingly non-Jews, are quite offended that a Christian believes a Jew will not be saved because he doesn't believe in Christ. I once asked a close friend who knows I believe this and why this concept does not bother him. The Christians believes he won't be saved. That I believe he won't be saved. He just said simply, "Because I don't believe that."

When you are secure in your beliefs it really doesn't matter what someone else believes.

SBG debate and argue but don't get angry and insult and attack others because don't share your beliefs.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #366 on: October 05, 2011, 02:41:17 PM »
Read all of the posts on this thread by FreeSpirit. Just rants and insults. Offers no arguments or points for debate. At least Tbombz brings up very legitimate and fair questions that a believer must confront. FreeSpirit is the typical example of the European, secular, leftist (which is almost redundant). They don't debate they simply emote. All their views are based on feelings and emotions.

pellius

• Getbig V
« Reply #367 on: October 05, 2011, 02:46:13 PM »
Just compare the attitudes presented by the believers and non believers and how they come across. The "irrational" believers as opposed to the "rational" and "scientifically minded" atheist. Ugly and Tbombz are the notable exceptions. But then let us compare the world of a Tbombz with the world of a Christian. But I respect both for being respectful and asking poignant, thought provoking, and challenging questions.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #368 on: October 05, 2011, 03:08:14 PM »
You are a religious nutcase, lol. Fucking idiot.  :D
shut up you loser, we have enough atheist actually enjoying a trade in oipinions on this thread and then there is you showing us your stupidy and you have contributed nothing to yourside of the argument, nobody likes deadweight and don't bother posting back, save it since we all know what your reply will be

When people in the year 2011 believe that a snake spoke to people.....
serliously I understand where you are coming from, I would be close-minde if I didn't but you must understand that if you go back far enough the very concept of time and space is even more hocus pocus then a talking snake, what was before time? doesn't even makes sense.   Was matter always there? if the universe is expanding what was before the expansion, no matter how you slice it at one point there would have had to have been a hous pocus somewhere in time cause time if time had a beginning, there is no logical explanation and if it didn't have a biginning then that to isn't logical, so talking snake?.......... well whatever you believe would be just as bad by difinition of a beginning not making any rational sense, but if you feel you can explain the origins of space matter and time rationally then I will freely admit that a snake never spoke, get my drift?