Author Topic: So tonight I am performing my squat session ...  (Read 2506 times)

Fortress

• Getbig V
So tonight I am performing my squat session ...
« on: September 29, 2011, 07:49:43 PM »
Tonight I completed my second-to-last (heavy) squat session before my powerlifting meet October 22nd.

The target: 585x2x2 (raw w/ just a 10-year-old loose single-ply poly with the straps down)

There's this black middle-aged twink in the rack beside me doing some shitty lunges. When I had five plates (495) on the bar and was just about to do my last warm-up, he says, "I get nervous seeing that! I used to do that stuff. Squatted seven plates back in the day. Then one day I woke up and the top three discs in my back were crushed."

Oh, brother.  ::)

Skip ahead ...

I have completed my first of two with 585 and the iron warrior to my right won't stop telling me about his days as a beast. "Why aren't you wearing knee wraps? I always wore knee wraps. I didnt go as low as you."

"How low did you go?" I ask.

"Oh, maybe to here ... " (Squats down so his knees have just "broke" from lockout.)

Me: "So your Herculean 700-pound squats, in other words, were total and complete horseshit, and at your best, I'd guess you could have buried maybe 300."

Him: "Well ... "

"Just can it, dink. I have man's work to do. Go back to your lunges and never speak to me again."

It was a total getbig moment.

;D

wild willie

• Getbig V
Re: So tonight I am performing my squat session ...
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 07:54:07 PM »
BFD.....

Fortress

• Getbig V

oliolioli

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 07:55:04 PM »
Tonight I completed my second-to-last (heavy) squat session before my powerlifting meet October 22nd.

The target: 585x2x2 (raw w/ just a 10-year-old loose single-ply poly with the straps down)

There's this black middle-aged twink in the rack beside me doing some shitty lunges. When I had five plates (495) on the bar and was just about to do my last warm-up, he says, "I get nervous seeing that! I used to do that stuff. Squatted seven plates back in the day. Then one day I woke up and the top three discs in my back were crushed."

Skip ahead ...

I have completed my first of two with 585 and the iron warrior to my right won't stop telling me about his days as a beast. "Why aren't you wearing knee wraps? I always wore knee wraps. I didnt go as low as you."

"Oh, maybe to here ... " (Squats down so his knees have just "broke" from lockout.)

Me: "So your Herculean 700-pound squats, in other words, were total and complete horseshit, and at your best, I'd guess you could have buried maybe 300."

"Just can it, dink. I have man's work to do. Go back to your lunges and never speak to me again."

;D

You are strong for sure, and you sure verified it by owning that tiny tit!  How can one be so strong as you?

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 07:55:46 PM »
You are strong for sure, and you sure verified it by owning that tiny tit!  How can one be so strong as you?

Keep at it, bub.

I am 26 years deep into this nonsense.  ;D

oliolioli

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 07:57:25 PM »
Keep at it, bub.

I am 26 years deep into this nonsense.  ;D

Well from your own story it is obvious that you are much stronger than this guy.  It is obvious to you and anyone else, but maybe not him.  So why the need to belittle him?  And then feel good about it?

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 07:57:52 PM »
Strong as an ox!

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 08:00:15 PM »
Well from your own story it is obvious that you are much stronger than this guy.  It is obvious to you and anyone else, but maybe not him.  So why the need to belittle him?  And then feel good about it?

Oh, shut the fuck up, bungmonster. This is the big leagues. Take it or leave it.

wild willie

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 09:37:34 PM »

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 09:44:26 PM »

Skip ahead ...

;D
Excellet work owning that tiny tit, Squadfather would be proud. 8)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

oliolioli

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 09:44:52 PM »
Oh, shut the fuck up, bungmonster. This is the big leagues. Take it or leave it.

26 years of trying to patch up your feeble and inadequate ego.  How's that working out?  When you were a kid did you think that the best day of your 41st year would be owning a twink and posting about it on Getbig?

I look forward to your future ownings!  Maybe next time there will be a 12 year old girl trying to do jumping jacks and you can own her skinny ass!

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 09:46:05 PM »
26 years of trying to patch up your feeble and inadequate ego.  How's that working out?  When you were a kid did you think that the best day of your 41st year would be owning a twink and posting about it on Getbig?

I look forward to your future ownings!  Maybe next time there will be a 12 year old girl trying to do jumping jacks and you can own her skinny ass!

man this owning never even took place..its a lie
irongearco.com

ricorico

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 02:12:21 AM »
Just can it, dink. I have man's work to do. Go back to your lunges and never speak to me again

you actually said that?

you are a true iron warrior.
you didn't come across as a complete tool either!

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2011, 02:19:39 AM »
you didn't come across as a complete tool either!

I'm sure all the ladies were impressed, probably enough to call their friends about it. "OMG Tiffany! U shld have seen the pwning this big sexy hunk gave to a twink today at the gym!!"

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 02:21:28 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2011, 03:02:22 AM »

Skip ahead ...

;D
How does mentioning this contribute to the case....?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2011, 04:10:42 AM »
How does mentioning this contribute to the case....?

Can you please stop with this racist nonsense?

thank you

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 04:20:56 AM »
Well there is this fat guy with huge ego at my gym, claims to squat 488lbs for reps. Once I follow his workout. I recommended him to do some box squats to bench. It's too high, so it more of an half box squat, but whatever. He asked me if box squats were easier than normal squats and I said "yer, you know, bench is little bit high so you can't do full rep anyway".  He went up to 310lbs and oh brother... He got tired after 8th rep. I went like "WTF, what happened". He said box squats suck and removed bench. He went up to 400lbs and did like... 1/10 of squat for reps. Holy shit. People are really delusional :D

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 04:30:59 AM »

Skip ahead ...

;D

::) ::)
!

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 04:33:11 AM »

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2011, 04:45:42 AM »
Hi black middle-aged twink  :D
Hi, gullible getbig simpleton!  :D

LOL @ Willamina trying to make a funny.  :P
!

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 04:47:07 AM »
Hi, gullible getbig simpleton!  :D

LOL @ Willamina trying to make a funny.  :P
Why you mad bro  ???

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 04:48:37 AM »
I squatted 700 back in the day too but blew out my knee playing JV football.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 04:56:18 AM »
Why you mad bro  ???
It's "U mad?" Willamina.  :P
And no, I am not.  ;)
!

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 07:29:10 AM »
None of this happened.

In all reality, Fortress is probably similar to the guy in our gym we call "9 sandwiches", because he claims to eat 9 sandwiches for lunch everyday. 68" waist, spandex underarmor shirt, bounces bar off his chest. Can't figure out why guys using small dumbells look great and he looks like shit.