Author Topic: BOA Charging $5 on Debit Cards - Thank you Democrats - you F'ng Morons  (Read 6301 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: BOA Charging $5 on Debit Cards - Thank you Democrats - you F'ng Morons
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2011, 09:56:47 AM »
333 - you've spent 3 pages bitching and moaning about a $5 bank fee

WTF is wrong with you life that you have the time to spend on something so f'ng trivial

Its not just the $5 fee - its the entire obama/demo agenda as epitomized by Dodd Frank / ObamaCare / Cap Trade / Stim Bills / etc   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2011, 10:00:29 AM »
Its not just the $5 fee - its the entire obama/demo agenda as epitomized by Dodd Frank / ObamaCare / Cap Trade / Stim Bills / etc   

that's what is IS INSIDE YOUR HEAD

to the rest of the sane world it's just a discretionary  $5 fee that the bank is hoping is small enough that they'll get a net gain after some customers decided to close their acounts.

do you even have a debit card with BofA?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2011, 10:07:00 AM »
that's what is IS INSIDE YOUR HEAD

to the rest of the sane world it's just a discretionary  $5 fee that the bank is hoping is small enough that they'll get a net gain after some customers decided to close their acounts.

do you even have a debit card with BofA?

Not really - when you and your communist buddies are sent to the dust bin of history next year in a historical landslide - you will know why. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2011, 10:09:59 AM »
Not really - when you and your communist buddies are sent to the dust bin of history next year in a historical landslide - you will know why. 

yes, everyone is a commie

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2011, 10:19:48 AM »
333 - this is no joke so don't laugh

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2011, 12:12:29 PM »
I have a health savings account with Patelco Credit Union and just got this email today

I expect more banks, CU's, etc.. will be using this as a marketing tool

Dear Member,
Bank of America just announced that it will begin charging its customers $5 a month to use their debit cards for purchases—and that’s on top of monthly checking account fees that can range from $12 to $25, depending on whether you satisfy certain deposit and balance conditions.
And while the other big banks will likely do the same, we wanted to let you know that Patelco has no intention of charging you a debit card fee and our Free Checking account is just that: FREE
No monthly debit card or account fees with no conditions or restrictions
Free Online and Mobile Banking with BillPay
Free Overdraft Protection from your Patelco savings account
28,000+ free ATMs nationwide including those at Costco, 7-Eleven, and all Bank of the West locations
You already know the value of Patelco Credit Union for other products and services so what is stopping you from moving your checking account to Patelco today? We have everything the big banks do, except the fees.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2011, 02:23:37 PM »
I have a health savings account with Patelco Credit Union and just got this email today

I expect more banks, CU's, etc.. will be using this as a marketing tool

Dear Member,
Bank of America just announced that it will begin charging its customers $5 a month to use their debit cards for purchases—and that’s on top of monthly checking account fees that can range from $12 to $25, depending on whether you satisfy certain deposit and balance conditions.
And while the other big banks will likely do the same, we wanted to let you know that Patelco has no intention of charging you a debit card fee and our Free Checking account is just that: FREE
No monthly debit card or account fees with no conditions or restrictions
Free Online and Mobile Banking with BillPay
Free Overdraft Protection from your Patelco savings account
28,000+ free ATMs nationwide including those at Costco, 7-Eleven, and all Bank of the West locations
You already know the value of Patelco Credit Union for other products and services so what is stopping you from moving your checking account to Patelco today? We have everything the big banks do, except the fees.

My bank's pimping something similar because they don't charge any of those fees either.  I can't imagine why anybody would bank with BofA.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2011, 02:25:05 PM »

My bank's pimping something similar because they don't charge any of those fees either.  I can't imagine why anybody would bank with BofA.

I moved all my accounts from chase to a local bank which I really like.  I wont deal with those massive banks because they treat you like crappola.   however, they do tell me Dodd Frank is a disaster of biblical measure. 

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2011, 02:43:07 PM »
I moved all my accounts from chase to a local bank which I really like.  I wont deal with those massive banks because they treat you like crappola.   however, they do tell me Dodd Frank is a disaster of biblical measure. 

Yeah, my local bank is great.  Good hours, no fees - no problems!

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2011, 04:17:07 PM »

1) i did that last year.. Pacific Western Bank.. Awesome
2) Disaster of biblical measure? .... really bro..

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2011, 04:18:46 PM »
If BoA had balls they would put "Dick Durbin Tax" on everyone's monthly statement.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2011, 04:49:20 PM »
If BoA had balls they would put "Dick Durbin Tax" on everyone's monthly statement.

it would be kind of hard to explain since the Durbin ammendment doesn't require BofA to charge anything for a debit card.  That's something they chose to do to try to collect more $'s.   I thought that fact was already clearly established in this thread

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2011, 04:56:44 PM »
it would be kind of hard to explain since the Durbin ammendment doesn't require BofA to charge anything for a debit card.  That's something they chose to do to try to collect more $'s.   I thought that fact was already clearly established in this thread

::)

Swing and a miss. Par the course for you.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2011, 05:21:21 PM »
::)

Swing and a miss. Par the course for you.

yet you can't say what part is not true

you should learn when to fold when you have a losing hand

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2011, 05:40:36 PM »
yet you can't say what part is not true

you should learn when to fold when you have a losing hand

You think that BoA is going to act out of some misplaced sense of far-left "justice" and not pass the lost revenues onto the customer with Dicky Durbin's ill-thought tax. I'm not even going to take into account that BoA is in a massive liquidity crunch and desperate for cash, making it 100% guaranteed that they would do something like this. The world only works like that in that naive little Bay Area bubble that you live in. 

You should learn when to fold when you haven't the faintest idea what card game you're playing.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2011, 06:03:26 PM »
You think that BoA is going to act out of some misplaced sense of far-left "justice" and not pass the lost revenues onto the customer with Dicky Durbin's ill-thought tax. I'm not even going to take into account that BoA is in a massive liquidity crunch and desperate for cash, making it 100% guaranteed that they would do something like this. The world only works like that in that naive little Bay Area bubble that you live in. 

You should learn when to fold when you haven't the faintest idea what card game you're playing.

really - now you're just going to try to repeat the thing that I just said to you

I like your tactic of ignoring the facts (BofA needs cash, BofA does not have to charge this fee, etc.) just to support your own stupid comment that it's a tax by Dick Durbin

if you want to have a pissing contest can't you at least do it about something relevent if not actually based in fact

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2011, 06:08:33 PM »
really - now you're just going to try to repeat the thing that I just said to you

I like your tactic of ignoring the facts (BofA needs cash, BofA does not have to charge this fee, etc.) just to support your own stupid comment that it's a tax by Dick Durbin

if you want to have a pissing contest can't you at least do it about something relevent if not actually based in fact

Bubble boy here thinks that any business isn't going to pass on extra costs to their consumers.

Maybe you should go back to school and take a basics economics course. Would do you a world of good, Mr. "We need to spend another $5 trillion".

No one gives a fuck about your economic analysis, slick. You shot your credibility wad when you argued in favor of spending trillions more on stimulus.  :-*

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2011, 06:17:34 PM »
Bubble boy here thinks that any business isn't going to pass on extra costs to their consumers.

Maybe you should go back to school and take a basics economics course. Would do you a world of good, Mr. "We need to spend another $5 trillion".

No one gives a fuck about your economic analysis, slick. You shot your credibility wad when you argued in favor of spending trillions more on stimulus.  :-*

3 posts and still doing nothing more than proving the point that this is a discretionary fee that BofA chooses to charge

like I said 3 posts earlier......learn when to fold

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2011, 06:19:23 PM »
3 posts and still doing nothing more than proving the point that this is a discretionary fee that BofA chooses to charge

like I said 3 posts earlier......learn when to fold

Yes, yes, discretionary fee. We get it. Most people also know that it was 100% guaranteed it was going to be passed on. Dicky Durbin knew it. That's why he's trying to save face now by crying for a bank run on BoA. What better way to bury your mess than by collapsing the entire financial system?

I can't help but laugh every time you try to talk economics given the fact that you think the stimulus should have been a few trillion dollars larger. It's pretty embarrassing, to be honest.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2011, 06:27:42 PM »
Yes, yes, discretionary fee. We get it. Most people also know that it was 100% guaranteed it was going to be passed on. Dicky Durbin knew it. That's why he's trying to save face now by crying for a bank run on BoA. What better way to bury your mess than by collapsing the entire financial system?

I can't help but laugh every time you try to talk economics given the fact that you think the stimulus should have been a few trillion dollars larger. It's pretty embarrassing, to be honest.

I laugh when you try to talk about any topic

there is no tax hence it would be stupid and false for BofA to put "Dick Durbin Tax" on everyone's statement

I know you were just trying to be funny and honestly I can't believe I've wasted my time even talking to you about it

you seem to be one of the kids on this site that just love to have pissing contests about nothing

Skip8282

• Getbig V
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2011, 06:59:17 PM »
Yes, yes, discretionary fee. We get it. Most people also know that it was 100% guaranteed it was going to be passed on.

True.  Never did get why people were so hell bent on taxing businesses.  It's going to get passed off onto the consumer in one form or another.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2012, 09:54:30 AM »
Isn't bank of america a private company?

In a capitalist society, any company can charge anything it wants for its products or services.

If BoA believes the market will support it, they charge $5 on debit ccards.
If the consumer rejects it, they will go elsewhere and boA will lose money. 

What's the issue here?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2012, 09:55:52 AM »
Isn't bank of america a private company?

In a capitalist society, any company can charge anything it wants for its products or services.

If BoA believes the market will support it, they charge $5 on debit ccards.
If the consumer rejects it, they will go elsewhere and boA will lose money. 

What's the issue here?

Go talk to your banker about Dodd Frank before spouting off such nonsense

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2012, 09:59:27 AM »
Go talk to your banker about Dodd Frank before spouting off such nonsense

???   Explain why I'm wrong. 

if BoA wants to charge for this service, people will pay it, or they'll leave. 

I don't think the govt should be regulating what private firms charge.  Customers will happily leave for other banks, who will advertise "We DONT charge $5 like BoA does..."