Author Topic: What single moment in life has hurt you the most?  (Read 35427 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: What single moment in life has hurt you the most?
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2011, 12:03:07 AM »
That's a painful story as well.  I don't even want to start because I haven't got over the way he died and never will.  Just seeing someone you love suffer hurts me still to this day.  I just want to remember the good/happy times but sometimes I think of the sad times too.  
Completely understandable.  Us living organisms sometimes have it rough whether it be our own bodies that ultimately destroy us, some unforeseen consequence or mistake that does us in or even by our own hands.  The Universe is indifferent to our suffering, but as sentient, intelligent beings we do not have to be indifferent to it.  This is also a double-edged sword as all of us cannot stand to be powerless in the face of any type of suffering, especially when there is nothing we can do and someone is begging us to help.
The last thing my mother said to me before she died was, "I`m so scared, I`m so scared" over and over and over. The feeling of not being able to intervene or do anything at all in the face of suffering plagues us all.  I hope you don`t dwell too much upon this though as the sun still shines for us my dear.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2011, 12:31:58 AM »
Completely understandable.  Us living organisms sometimes have it rough whether it be our own bodies that ultimately destroy us, some unforeseen consequence or mistake that does us in or even by our own hands.  The Universe is indifferent to our suffering, but as sentient, intelligent beings we do not have to be indifferent to it.  This is also a double-edged sword as all of us cannot stand to be powerless in the face of any type of suffering, especially when there is nothing we can do and someone is begging us to help.
The last thing my mother said to me before she died was, "I`m so scared, I`m so scared" over and over and over. The feeling of not being able to intervene or do anything at all in the face of suffering plagues us all.  I hope you don`t dwell too much upon this though as the sun still shines for us my dear.

Is that what your therapist said to you Adam?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2011, 12:40:20 AM »

Is that what your therapist said to you Adam?
Nope, unlike you, I don`t require such chicanery in order to survive. 

Xerxes

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2011, 03:06:05 AM »
Thank you and sorry for your loss. 

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2011, 03:22:12 AM »
Watching my dad's face when some arsehole doctor very casually sauntered in to the examining room and said
"Well, we've looked at your scans, and you'll probably be dead by this time next year".

It's the only time in my life I've experienced going weak at the knees, but to see my dad's reaction - that worse than the following 12 months.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2011, 03:29:17 AM »
Watching my dad's face when some arsehole doctor very casually sauntered in to the examining room and said
"Well, we've looked at your scans, and you'll probably be dead by this time next year".

It's the only time in my life I've experienced going weak at the knees, but to see my dad's reaction - that worse than the following 12 months.
Wow, that doctor is such an asshole. 

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2011, 03:34:16 AM »
Wow, that doctor is such an asshole. 

x2. Not a big fan of doctors at the best of times either.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2011, 03:37:53 AM »
i was that doctor

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Honey Badger cuz he don't Care.
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2011, 05:19:26 AM »
I still don`t understand why anyone would want to have a child.  I am not trying to be crass, I just don`t get the interest or the desire at all.  

Cuz my children, unlike yours, will be born good looking and without the pain of having you as a father?

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 01, 2011, 05:22:38 AM »
In all seriousness though, I probably want to put a child on Earth for the same reason anyone else does: I can and that's what my purpose on earth is. What the fuck else are we here for?

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #86 on: October 01, 2011, 05:37:06 AM »
In all seriousness though, I probably want to put a child on Earth for the same reason anyone else does: I can and that's what my purpose on earth is. What the fuck else are we here for?
Blinky's college coed threads!

Swlabr

« Reply #87 on: October 01, 2011, 05:53:28 AM »
Life is an endless pain with a painful end.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 01, 2011, 05:54:20 AM »
I probably want to put a child on Earth for the same reason anyone else does: I can
That's a shitty reason

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #89 on: October 01, 2011, 06:13:29 AM »
Falling in love with a immoral woman.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2011, 06:45:08 AM »
losing it all on red.

dont' feel bad.  I know one getbigger who wagered his life savings on the Mccain ticket winning in 2008.  He somehow believed Sarah Palin would be the savior of his doomed campaign.

Rearden Metal

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2011, 06:48:04 AM »
That's a shitty reason

I started the sentence with "In all seriousness", and you fell for it.

deceiver

• Getbig IV
  • onetimehard appreciation team
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2011, 07:03:26 AM »
Seriously Adonis you need help. I'm really serious now, I don't want to sound offensive at all. Think about it, for your own sake.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2011, 10:00:28 AM »
Seriously Adonis you need help. I'm really serious now, I don't want to sound offensive at all. Think about it, for your own sake.
Actually, I could use someone to sweep my chimneys out and gather some pecans from the tops of the trees before the crows do.

io856

« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2011, 10:04:48 AM »
That sucks, I'm glad your kid is OK.

When my boxing license was denied .
HIV? Hep C?

In answer to thread...

Legal troubles hurt me immensely its made me a calloused person

Second - women related bullshit

StanZoLOL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2011, 10:06:12 AM »
I nodded at a guy I half knew and he ignored/missed it but his girlfriend saw.

:D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2011, 10:21:43 AM »
We aren`t here for any particular reason at all.  Your "purpose" is whatever you want it to be. 

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2011, 10:26:27 AM »
The main point of life is to have children.

Every living thing can reproduce.

It just so happens you can also have fantastic friends, memories and experiences also.

io856

« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2011, 10:28:55 AM »
The main point of life is to have children.

Every living thing can reproduce.

It just so happens you can also have fantastic friends, memories and experiences also.
Existentialism

At least read about it.

"He maintained that the individual is solely responsible for giving his or her own life meaning and for living that life passionately and sincerely,[7][8] in spite of many existential obstacles and distractions including despair, angst, absurdity, alienation, and boredom."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existentialism

Theres a start...

So people who can't have kids can't live with a purpose?  :-\

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2011, 10:29:30 AM »
Where would I start?

And as far as the whole having kids thing, I, too, have zero interest in becoming a father. If my offspring suffered even a third of the amount I have, I'd be a SOB to bring him/her into the world.

I am not a fan of the human species or what's become of our global society.

If I had had a choice, I would have asked my parents not to have had me. 

If not for my passions, weight training, music (my religion) and animals, I'd have checked out long ago. Serious.