Author Topic: 5 reasons (+1 More) FATSO can't win the GOP nomination  (Read 3326 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
5 reasons (+1 More) FATSO can't win the GOP nomination
« on: September 30, 2011, 08:02:16 PM »
5 reasons Chris "Krispy Creme" Christie can't win the GOP nomination

Many Republicans are practically begging Christie to run for president. But would they feel differently if he actually jumped into the race?
Published September 30, 2011

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie may be eyeing a run for the Republican presidential ticket, but critics say his stance on immigration and gun control will hold him back.   Photo: Robert Sciarrino/Star Ledger/Corbis

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie has said over and over again that he isn't running for president in 2012 — a line he repeated once again just this week. Still, Republicans dissatisfied with their options are turning up the pressure on Christie to jump into the race. The GOP base has gotten its hopes up before — over Donald Trump, Rep. Michele Bachmann, and, most recently, Texas Gov. Rick Perry — only to promptly find fault with each new candidate (or, in Trump's case, would-be candidate) and resume the search for a savior. Here are five reasons Christie would fare no better:

1. Christie is no hardliner on immigration
"The biggest chink in Rick Perry's armor so far has been his record on illegal immigration," says Dan Amira at New York. It's a problem for Christie, too. He has said being in the country without proper papers is an "administrative matter," not a crime. And between 2002 and 2007, as U.S. attorney in New Jersey, he prosecuted so few illegal immigration cases that then-CNN host Lou Dobbs said Christie was "an utter embarrassment."

2. He has a soft spot for gun control
In 1995, when Christie was running for state general assembly, he distributed flyers calling opponents "radical" and "crazy" for supporting repeal of the federal assault-weapons ban, says Daniel Foster at National Review. And he still fights any move to let people carry concealed weapons in New Jersey. In 2009, he told conservative Fox News host Sean Hannity that New Jersey had a "handgun problem," and that he supports some of the gun-control measures the state uses to contain it. "Bad idea," Hannity said.

3. Hardliners won't like his stand on the "ground zero mosque"
Last year, Christie accused politicians on the Left and Right of using the proposed "ground zero mosque" as a "political football," says Thomas Fitzgerald at The Philadelphia Inquirer, suggesting he thought conservatives were exploiting anti-Muslim emotions stirred up by the 9/11 attacks. This summer, he faced another backlash after appointing Sohail Mohammed, a Muslim lawyer, to be a New Jersey Superior Court judge. Critics were angry that he would appoint a lawyer who had defended a cleric accused of terrorist sympathies. Christie responded: "I'm tired of dealing with the crazies."

4. He's got an uncomfortable Madoff connection

In his days as a lobbyist, Christie once fought for the rights of Wall Street. On his client list: The Securities Industry Association, then led by none other than Bernie Madoff. That, says Abe Sauer at The Awl, is the kind of thing "that's easy to understand no matter who you are, involves a universally despised villain who has come to represent all the illegality of the 2008 market collapse, and it would be devastating to Christie in much-needed Florida" — a critical presidential swing state where many Madoff victims lived.

5. A possible clincher: He believes people are causing climate change
Perry delights the Right by saying that climate change is "phony," says James Oliphant at the Los Angeles Times. Christie says 90 percent of the world's scientists have concluded that the climate is changing and humans are playing a role, so "it's time to defer to the experts." If Republican voters are looking to nominate a hardcore conservative, this is pretty solid proof that Christie "does not fit the mold."

Bonus:
6. Dude is morbidly obese. I mean, c'mon! His lack of willpower is sickening!  >:(
!

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Re: 5 reasons (+1 More) FATSO can't win the GOP nomination
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 05:52:06 PM »
TTT
!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 05:54:56 PM »
He's not even running fuck head.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2011, 12:28:12 AM »
He has made it clear this week that he's "thinking" about running for president.  The 2012 field is weak.  he could win.

These facts are troubling... he's a lot like Perry.... side by side, his positions are actually worse.  :(

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2011, 10:44:54 AM »
But if he wins the nomination he would stand very strong against Obama with all the GOP voters voting for him and a lot of lib too

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2011, 11:59:14 AM »
He has made it clear this week that he's "thinking" about running for president.  The 2012 field is weak.  he could win.

These facts are troubling... he's a lot like Perry.... side by side, his positions are actually worse.  :(
One BIG difference, christie doesnt pretend to be something like perry and OBAMMERS...

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 12:05:42 PM »
recent quote from Christie

“What do I have to do outside of threatening to commit suicide to convince people I’m not running?”

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 12:06:47 PM »
One BIG difference, christie doesnt pretend to be something like perry and OBAMMERS...

Do you think that would continue IF he decided to run?

Why wouldn't he do what EVERY OTHER candidate has done - Suddenly sell their soul to the tea partiers?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2011, 12:07:44 PM »
actually, I take that back - huntmann has not sold out to the far-wing wingnuts.  not signing pledges, making promises and claims that are silly.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2011, 12:08:58 PM »
Do you think that would continue IF he decided to run?

Why wouldn't he do what EVERY OTHER candidate has done - Suddenly sell their soul to the tea partiers?
LOL every other candidate save paul did that way before they decided to run...

Hope this helps, doubt it will

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2011, 12:23:26 PM »
LOL every other candidate save paul did that way before they decided to run...

Hope this helps, doubt it will

So then do you think the republican base voters will be okay with his super liberal positions?

Not because of his experience - He hasn't been governor long.
Not because of his performance - NJ is in rough shape, aren't they?
Not because of his positions - He's far more liberal than Perry.

So this would mean that voters would select a smooth talking liberal with no resume who has achieved nothing.  
I guess they did that in 2008, and gave him the presidency ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2011, 12:31:13 PM »
So then do you think the republican base voters will be okay with his super liberal positions?

Not because of his experience - He hasn't been governor long.
Not because of his performance - NJ is in rough shape, aren't they?
Not because of his positions - He's far more liberal than Perry.

So this would mean that voters would select a smooth talking liberal with no resume who has achieved nothing. 
I guess they did that in 2008, and gave him the presidency ;)
I do believe NJ is in much better position then before he took office, something obama cant say.
I do believe he has as much executive experience as obama does
Id like to hear his views on the federal govts role not the state govts there is a difference you know. I dont care if he is for states rights to decided gay marriage etc and I think most conservatives agreee.

Immigration may hurt him

but i think youre missing the point of this election and that is most republicans dont care whos running against obama.

You remember when you were shilling for obama in 08? it wasnt that obama was great its that obama wasnt bush and this election will be the same way.

ppl will come out to vote against obama not necissarily for the rep candidate.

hope this helps, doubt it will...

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 12:48:46 PM »

Yup

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2011, 01:09:46 PM »

tell that to teachers in New Jersey and see what they have to say about it

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2011, 01:33:04 PM »
I think this has been addressed by 3, but christies explanition for it seems pretty reasonable and his actions justified if you ask me.

what do you disagree with if any from his response here straw?

if you dont disagree then you understand why he did it and he didnt sugar coat it when he did...something you should be able to appreciate

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2011, 01:53:57 PM »

Cry me a fuvking river.   Another leftist straw man.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2011, 02:19:58 PM »
Christie is exactly where Newt, Rudy, Trump and Perry were - 5 minutes before they announced their run for president.

The minute they do, their fellow repubs throw all the dirt they know on him - and he's exposed as a liberal on many positions, and he starts to lose points.

To her credit, Palin has so far been wise enough NOT to run.  Repubs are notorious for giving the latest flavor of the week the "Saviour of the Party" tag before they know where he stands on any of the big issues.  They'll actually use only a few soundbites from speeches to tell a pollster "He's my guy!"

Once they do their homework, or they watch the debates, they learn the suit they were so infatuated with in no way represents many of their issues.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2011, 02:28:29 PM »
Cry me a fuvking river.   Another leftist straw man.  

pretty funny coming the from the shut in who cries 24/7 about Obama

Christie is a flip flopper and here's his open letter to teacher and public employees which he posted before he became Governor and then removed afterward

excerpt from Open Letters to New Jersey Teachers during campaign

Here are the facts:
I will be a strong ally for teachers in the classroom. When elected, I will make education funding a top priority and I believe we must ensure those dollars reach our children and the classroom, not the educational bureaucracy. In these tough economic times, we must ensure that the proper resources get to you, the teachers in the classroom. Despite what is said by my opponents, I would accept federal education stimulus dollars to help fund our children's educations. Education is a priority and this money is critical to ensuring we are able to continue giving our children the education they deserve. We must also make sure that education dollars are always a priority and come from stable sources. Too often these grants or stimulus dollars are accepted for programs with no plan on how to pay for them after the money runs dry. It is time for a new era of responsibility in Trenton, and I will work to secure a steady source of funding for all education programs.

I will protect your pensions. Nothing about your pension is going to change when I am governor. In fact, in order to ensure your retirement savings are safe, I believe we must prioritize the protection of pension fund dollars and investigate the cause of Jon Corzine's large investment losses to our pension system. Currently there is a $34 billion deficit in the State's pension fund, which threatens the retirement and lifeline of so many teachers. We must do better for our teachers, future teachers and retirees. As Governor, I will work to close unfunded liabilities and make sure our state lives up to its promises, unlike Jon Corzine. I will not raid your pension fund to cover budgetary shortfalls like previous governors of both parties have done. One of the changes I will bring to Trenton is responsible management, investment, and oversight of state pension dollars.

I will not end collective bargaining and will safeguard protections for ALL public employees, including teachers. Collective bargaining is an important safeguard for public employees and is a part of a long American tradition of self government. We must make sure that the voice of every worker is represented in contract negotiations. I will demand open, honest, and fair deliberations.It’s true that times are tough. But the truth is that Jon Corzine has handed the NJEA and every student a ticking time bomb in this year's budget. He has funded the new school aid formula with $1 billion in one-shot revenue that will disappear next year. Every school budget and academic, athletic, and extra-curricular program for our kids is at risk because of the Governor’s reckless, short-sighted policy. Governor Corzine has refused to make the tough decisions required to make sure we make education funding a priority for recurring revenue and to avoid the ticking time bomb.

We may disagree on some issues, but I know we agree on what’s most important – delivering the best education we can for our kids. Giving New Jersey's children a quality education is critical to their future and I know we wouldn't be able to do that without the dedication and tireless commitment of teachers like you. I appreciate you allowing me to clear up some of the misinformation being circulated about my plans to support our state's teachers.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2011, 02:34:41 PM »
HOLY SHIT.............

That letter might be a dealbreaker for him.   ChristieCare for the Classroom!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2011, 05:17:11 PM »
I think this has been addressed by 3, but christies explanition for it seems pretty reasonable and his actions justified if you ask me.

what do you disagree with if any from his response here straw?

if you dont disagree then you understand why he did it and he didnt sugar coat it when he did...something you should be able to appreciate
hey straw and 240, what part of his response do you disagree with?