Author Topic: Forget Dre and Beats 50 is in the market  (Read 3738 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Forget Dre and Beats 50 is in the market
« on: October 01, 2011, 04:22:50 PM »
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Forget Dre and Beats 50 is in the market
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2011, 04:25:56 PM »
Ludacris has a line, that are apparently better quality than Dre's.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2011, 04:27:23 PM »
Ludacris has a line, that are apparently better quality than Dre's.

I tried Beats at Bestbuy I was impressed but I don't like using headphones , who makes Ludas?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2011, 04:28:38 PM »
I'm using my son's Beats Pro right now.......these things are SICK!!.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2011, 04:33:54 PM »
PLEASE BRING ME UP-TO-DATE BUT THESE ARE JUST EAR PHONE RADIOS WHICH PEOPLE ARE PAYING $200 FOR BECAUSE RAPPERS SAID SO.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2011, 04:35:28 PM »
I tried Beats at Bestbuy I was impressed but I don't like using headphones , who makes Ludas?
Dont know, but here is a review
http://m.cnet.com/CReviews_Review.rbml?id=35017867&feed_id=193%5bproductId=35017867%5d&categoryId=7877&webref=reviews.cnet.com/headphones/soul-by-ludacris-sl300/4505-7877_7-35017867.html%3f

Coach, don't let GroinkTropin come in here, Beats are good, but for the money, there are way better alternatives...there are $60-80 dollars that are better, even some skullcandy ones.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 04:38:29 PM »
http://m.cnet.com/CReviews_Review.rbml?id=35017867&feed_id=193%5bproductId=35017867%5d&categoryId=7877&webref=reviews.cnet.com/headphones/soul-by-ludacris-sl300/4505-7877_7-35017867.html%3f

Coach, don't let GroinkTropin come in here, Beats are good, but for the money, there are way better alternatives...there are $60-80 dollars that are better, even some skullcandy ones.

ok, i'm still not  getting it.  what's the advantage over my $35 sandisk with $10 earphones?

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2011, 04:42:22 PM »
Anyone who thinks Beats are good headphones should be SHOT.

They fucking suck at any price range.

Word to the wise- when you tried them at Best Buy, they sounded OK because they were heavily amped. Get those suckers home and on your mp3 player and get ready to throw them in the trash where they belong!!!!

Or fucking buy them what do I really care...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2011, 04:42:24 PM »

My g/f goes through Skullcandys every other month

pvttucker

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2011, 04:47:24 PM »
Ive got the tour beats. The $200 in ear.. I would have been very disappointed if I would have actually paid for them, but since I found them it's no biggie. I think I honestly prefer the cheap ass mallows I bought for 20 bucks..

saucetradomous

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2011, 04:48:17 PM »
I'll stick to my AKG's and headphone amp.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2011, 04:49:38 PM »

I looked to see how much The Beats Pro were and it's around 400-500.00. The QB on his team is Mark Sanchez' cousin. Dre sends the Jet's stuff like this all the time and in return Sanchez set our team up with them as well. He sent over 45 pairs for the players and coaches. (I'm a coach)

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 04:51:49 PM »
Sennheisers. That is all.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 04:53:21 PM »
ok, i'm still not  getting it.  what's the advantage over my $35 sandisk with $10 earphones?
Im not a audiophile, but the diff is the heavier bass and better sound quality, noise cancellation, thereby creating better sound by eliminating unwanted ambiate outside noise. Also they have a mike so that you can talk on your iPhone.

ND, there are a few skullcandy headphones that seem to be worth it. Try the Aviators.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 05:03:04 PM »
I looked to see how much The Beats Pro were and it's around 400-500.00. The QB on his team is Mark Sanchez' cousin. Dre sends the Jet's stuff like this all the time and in return Sanchez set our team up with them as well. He sent over 45 pairs for the players and coaches. (I'm a coach)
Well, shit free headphones.  I've asked around, from my brother, to audiophiles, to DJs, and the overwhelming verdict is that the whole line sucks. Dre should have gotten with another company

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2011, 08:33:05 PM »
Well, shit free headphones.  I've asked around, from my brother, to audiophiles, to DJs, and the overwhelming verdict is that the whole line sucks. Dre should have gotten with another company

Not true, Dre went with the perfect company.

The Beats line is pretty simple- make a product that LOOKS really good but most importantly distinctive (he stole that idea from Apple and the white earbuds with white cables) and have a certain sound that appeals to people who listen to his type of music (hip hop). If you look at a graph of the beats frequency range they are very bass and high centered. Most rap/hip hop is the same, just rolling bass lines with vocals. So, for the hip hop listener they work out pretty good honestly.

Dre also could not have gone with most other companies because their product lines are already saturated and most like to have an "in house" sound. Meaning, Sennheiser's have a distinct sound as do AKG's and most others. I doubt the smaller companies would have allowed him to market his own sound on their brand name. In addition, Monster is a huge company and has a lot of money to throw around in terms of advertising. He found a winning combination.

The issue I have with Beats is that, being an audiophile, I cannot stand the way that they sound firstly, and they are a fashion accessory which I hate!!! Hell I see guys at my school wearing their stupid beats on their head sitting in class not even listening to music!!! It's like the latest stupid hat with the sticker on it or whatever. People just gotta be seen wearing these monstrosities. I am totally against that type of shit, I am function first form second ALWAYS!!!

I still challenge ANYONE to listen to my $130 HFI 580's and then compare to $300 Beats and tell me the Beats sound better. No fucking way, will never happen, but whatever...

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2011, 08:36:33 PM »
Sennheisers. That is all.

X2 DONE!
D

claymore

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, 08:43:15 PM »
Anybody that would pay more than $20 for headphones is an idiot.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2011, 08:46:51 PM »
Not true, Dre went with the perfect company.

The Beats line is pretty simple- make a product that LOOKS really good but most importantly distinctive (he stole that idea from Apple and the white earbuds with white cables) and have a certain sound that appeals to people who listen to his type of music (hip hop). If you look at a graph of the beats frequency range they are very bass and high centered. Most rap/hip hop is the same, just rolling bass lines with vocals. So, for the hip hop listener they work out pretty good honestly.

Dre also could not have gone with most other companies because their product lines are already saturated and most like to have an "in house" sound. Meaning, Sennheiser's have a distinct sound as do AKG's and most others. I doubt the smaller companies would have allowed him to market his own sound on their brand name. In addition, Monster is a huge company and has a lot of money to throw around in terms of advertising. He found a winning combination.

The issue I have with Beats is that, being an audiophile, I cannot stand the way that they sound firstly, and they are a fashion accessory which I hate!!! Hell I see guys at my school wearing their stupid beats on their head sitting in class not even listening to music!!! It's like the latest stupid hat with the sticker on it or whatever. People just gotta be seen wearing these monstrosities. I am totally against that type of shit, I am function first form second ALWAYS!!!

I still challenge ANYONE to listen to my $130 HFI 580's and then compare to $300 Beats and tell me the Beats sound better. No fucking way, will never happen, but whatever...
thanks for enlightening me...

makaveli25

• Getbig V
  • RTR
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2011, 08:46:58 PM »
Who the hell has 400 bucks to spend on a pair of earphones. Epic waste of money.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2011, 09:08:17 PM »
Who the hell has 400 bucks to spend on a pair of earphones. Epic waste of money.

Most audiophiles spend the same $400 you spend on some shoes and pants on headphones and wear shitty jeans and 4 year old shoes. I know I do, more or less. It's all about priorities man..Music is a priority to me, not fashion. Not saying fashion is your thing personally, just drawing a comparison.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2011, 09:19:20 PM »
I tend to avoid anything endorsed by what currently passes for pro "athletes" or cRap arteests.  As for headphones, make mine one of the following:  Grado. Sennheiser. ATH.

There are others, but off the top of my head, these three come to mind.  But never, and this despite a good friend's favorable review, "Beats" by Dr. Dreep.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2011, 09:38:43 PM »
Another Middle Class invention.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2011, 09:49:42 PM »
You're middle class at best. Why the hate?