Author Topic: Kim Jong-Il’s Teenage Grandson  (Read 6203 times)

Schmoff

• Getbig V
Kim Jong-Il’s Teenage Grandson
« on: October 03, 2011, 10:24:00 AM »

http://gawker.com/5846077/kim-jong+ils-teenage-grandson-is-having-a-facebook-scandal

Kim Jong-Il’s Teenage Grandson Is Having a Facebook Scandal

South Korean media discovered Kim Jong-Il's grandson's Facebook page on Saturday and are having a field day picking over his blog and photo galleries. Turns out he's just a geeky high schooler who likes American movies and gets in comments flame wars.

16-year-old Kim Han Sol is the son of Kim Jon-Il's exiled eldest son, Jong Nam. He lives in Macau and China, and just enrolled in boarding school in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Judging from his Facebook pictures, the fact that his grandfather is the world's most notorious dictator hasn't impeded his social life.

The picture that's been attracting the most attention is the one above of Han Sol and a girl, above. Writes the Daily NK:

An intimate photo taken with a young woman has attracted interest because Kim captioned the photo with a comment, "I'm going to miss you so much." The woman responded with her own comment saying "I love you too, yeobo" ("yeobo" being the way a Korean husband and wife address each other, though probably out of context given Kim's youthful age).

Aw!

Han Sol's blog posts and Facebook status updates also caused a stir, as they seem to be at odds, politically with his grandfather. According to the Chosunilbo, he posted a poll on his Facebook account asking if people preferred Democracy over communism, saying he liked the former. This is not surprising, given that Han Sol's father was exiled from North Korea over his pro-Western leanings. But pretty sure grandpa would purge him for less than that!

Han Sol had a couple Twitter accounts as well, and a blog (all since deleted)—the blog listed "Love Actually" and "Remember the Titans" as his favorite movies, and his interests as traveling, photography and "spa." Good to see he's not taking after his grandfather and secretly building nuclear weapons in his spare time.

However, Han Sol apparently shares Kim Jong Il's distate for Americans, as evidenced by a long flame war he apparently got in with someone named NickyAmerica in the comments section of a YouTube video posted to North Korea's official account. "Fuck off fatty," he tells NickyAmerica…. "go drop your cigarette and your cheesburger and go read a book. I'd suggest you to go study some geography."

This all brings up the question, What's more mortifying for a teen: Having your internet footprint picked apart by international media, or having a tyrannical grandfather who once had a woman executed for spurning his advances? [via aaronkorea]

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
Re: Kim Jong-Il’s Teenage Grandson
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 10:27:19 AM »

However, Han Sol apparently shares Kim Jong Il's distate for Americans, as evidenced by a long flame war he apparently got in with someone named NickyAmerica in the comments section of a YouTube video posted to North Korea's official account. "Fuck off fatty," he tells NickyAmerica…. "go drop your cigarette and your cheesburger and go read a book. I'd suggest you to go study some geography."

Sounds like your typical Non-American getbigger!

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 10:30:30 AM »

http://gawker.com/5846077/kim-jong+ils-teenage-grandson-is-having-a-facebook-scandal

Kim Jong-Il’s Teenage Grandson Is Having a Facebook Scandal

South Korean media discovered Kim Jong-Il's grandson's Facebook page on Saturday and are having a field day picking over his blog and photo galleries. Turns out he's just a geeky high schooler who likes American movies and gets in comments flame wars.

16-year-old Kim Han Sol is the son of Kim Jon-Il's exiled eldest son, Jong Nam. He lives in Macau and China, and just enrolled in boarding school in Bosnia-Herzegovina. Judging from his Facebook pictures, the fact that his grandfather is the world's most notorious dictator hasn't impeded his social life.

The picture that's been attracting the most attention is the one above of Han Sol and a girl, above. Writes the Daily NK:

An intimate photo taken with a young woman has attracted interest because Kim captioned the photo with a comment, "I'm going to miss you so much." The woman responded with her own comment saying "I love you too, yeobo" ("yeobo" being the way a Korean husband and wife address each other, though probably out of context given Kim's youthful age).

Aw!

Han Sol's blog posts and Facebook status updates also caused a stir, as they seem to be at odds, politically with his grandfather. According to the Chosunilbo, he posted a poll on his Facebook account asking if people preferred Democracy over communism, saying he liked the former. This is not surprising, given that Han Sol's father was exiled from North Korea over his pro-Western leanings. But pretty sure grandpa would purge him for less than that!

Han Sol had a couple Twitter accounts as well, and a blog (all since deleted)—the blog listed "Love Actually" and "Remember the Titans" as his favorite movies, and his interests as traveling, photography and "spa." Good to see he's not taking after his grandfather and secretly building nuclear weapons in his spare time.

This all brings up the question, What's more mortifying for a teen: Having your internet footprint picked apart by international media, or having a tyrannical grandfather who once had a woman executed for spurning his advances? [via aaronkorea]

I hate the State.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 10:34:07 AM »
Sounds like your typical Non-American getbigger!

QFT

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2011, 10:36:38 AM »
Hahahah that's funny  ;D ;D

Even Kim Jong Il's grandson is gay  :-X What a great times we live......... ::)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2011, 10:38:57 AM »
Hahahah that's funny  ;D ;D

Even Kim Jong Il's grandson is gay  :-X What a great times we leave......... ::)

Can you please write that in Finnish? Thank you.
I hate the State.

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2011, 10:48:39 AM »
Hahahah that's funny  ;D ;D

Even Kim Jong Il's grandson is gay  :-X What a great times we live......... ::)

lol. I thought the same thing.

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 10:51:09 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

"Fuck off fatty," he tells NickyAmerica…. "go drop your cigarette and your cheesburger and go read a book. I'd suggest you to go study some geography."

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 01:37:57 PM »
North Korea should become the Jackass country of the world...just fun and laughter and after a decade or so we push it into the ocean..

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 01:39:24 PM »
is that a cross around his neck?  :D

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 01:46:44 PM »
is that a cross around his neck?  :D
Must be a hammer or a sickle..

RustyTrenbolona

• Getbig IV
  • ...but it's just an empty sandwich bag...
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 01:56:25 PM »
atleast he s receving th efinest education money can buy...in bosnia.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2011, 02:03:23 PM »
Looks like an Oriental Pee Wee Herman.  :-\

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2011, 02:09:21 PM »
Wonder what his Getbig handle is?

Steelrabbitt

• Getbig II
  • Ocelot MTHRFCKR
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2011, 03:01:50 PM »

I cracked up when I saw those pics  ;D
Jay

unrageable

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2011, 04:14:56 PM »

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2011, 04:20:07 PM »

biff

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2011, 04:35:59 PM »

Kim Han Sol

when i first saw this thought it was just a screen name, like he's a big star wars fan or something

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2011, 04:40:45 PM »
Fuckking pee-wee herman looking dork

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2011, 05:05:20 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D

"Fuck off fatty," he tells NickyAmerica…. "go drop your cigarette and your cheesburger and go read a book. I'd suggest you to go study some geography."

Getbigger Nation growing every day.... ;D
A

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2011, 05:10:04 PM »
Here's where he made the comment

A

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2011, 08:09:52 PM »
Good for the kid, looks like he lives a normal life.

Han Sol (o), cool name as well, lol.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2011, 08:20:53 PM »
He lectures Americans on reading books?

I'm sure they've got a great selection in North Korea.
G

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2011, 08:33:17 PM »

Talk about a self-owning.  ;D ;D

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2011, 04:22:05 AM »

But not too many Americans read those books available I presume....