Author Topic: Steve Jobs has died - RIP  (Read 40152 times)

Stavios

Re: Steve Jobs died
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2011, 06:07:44 PM »
Keith dying was a bigger deal.

for me it was

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2011, 06:09:08 PM »

Remember that time Keith had dinner with Jobs and Jonesy from Police Academy? Word is that Keith gave Jobs the idea for the iPod at that dinner.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2011, 06:11:08 PM »

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2011, 06:14:07 PM »
for me it was

Amen to that..

Remember that time Keith had dinner with Jobs and Jonesy from Police Academy? Word is that Keith gave Jobs the idea for the iPod at that dinner.

Absolutely! He then went for some clams with George Bush and voiced his concerns over Lehman brothers, whilst taking a call from Arnold asking for tips on improving his grip strength. Joan Armatrading was dining opposite in a white pant suit.
O

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2011, 06:15:51 PM »
Not exactly devastated. As stated earlier, he was apparently a complete asshole. It did work building a successful company though, but Jobs' brilliance at the end of the day really was re-packaking already invented products so that "I'm better than you" douche bags buy them to show off.

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2011, 06:17:44 PM »
Now they are both up there with God... and I wouldnt be surprised if Kieth was still at the big dinner table in the sky as well ...
L

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2011, 06:18:51 PM »
Yes! He is still on my fridge, and in my heart.  :)

/and he still hates vince

Stavios

« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2011, 06:18:57 PM »
Now they are both up there with God... and I wouldnt be surprised if Kieth was still at the big dinner table in the sky as well ...

Keith is still wrestling with bears up there

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2011, 06:21:27 PM »
Keith onlyme was a good fucking man.  God bless him.

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2011, 06:39:56 PM »
"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart." -Steve Jobs.

Great statement by a person who had a vision, was FIRED from Apple because people didn't like his vision, and then came back to turn the company around into one of the largest.  Incredible respect. RIP.

trapz101

• Getbig IV
  • team 'THE CORN'
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2011, 06:42:11 PM »
Lots of people died today and everyday, lets mourn them all. I mourn those who have meaning in my life, Steve Jobs not so much.

x2...but RIP anyway
T

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2011, 06:43:14 PM »
"Remembering that I'll be dead soon is the most important tool I've ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart." -Steve Jobs.

Great statement by a person who had a vision, was FIRED from Apple because people didn't like his vision, and then came back to turn the company around into one of the largest.  Incredible respect. RIP.

He actually saved the company TWICE!  Made it what it is today!

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2011, 06:45:27 PM »
I'm sure Steve made up his  final will a long time ago. I wonder if it's similar to Biily Gates....... :).........

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2011, 06:47:39 PM »
He actually saved the company TWICE!  Made it what it is today!

He also bought Pixar for $10 million and turned it into a multi-billion company that is arguably the best movie studio on the planet today.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2011, 06:54:09 PM »
I thought jobs was a glorified salesman that took advantage of other peoples hard work, regardless RIP.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2011, 07:11:10 PM »
He also bought Pixar for $10 million and turned it into a multi-billion company that is arguably the best movie studio on the planet today.
no, the people who worked there did, not him. Read john lasseter's bio.

damn you guys are thick.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2011, 07:14:27 PM »
Lots of ignorant people here who only know apple for the iphone etc...apple brought the GUI into play for PC's, this was copied by Microsoft in Windows, the biggest piece of crap OS ever but smartly marketed.

Karma is a bitch for the arseholes in this thread.

jobs didnt develop shit, the guys who did are listed there;

http://theoligarch.com/microsoft_vs_apple_history.htm

steve jobs was just a businessman, a huma ressources manager, good at marketing and stealing other people ideas. A Shark. Not a developer or a geek.

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2011, 07:17:41 PM »
enjoy every orange chicken.

illwill

• Getbig III
  • I'm not a playa. I'm just in them guts a lot
« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2011, 07:31:12 PM »
No I did not know him but I worked at his company.  He had his faults, like most men do.  But Steve Jobs was a visionary.  He always use to ask, "Why not?  Why can't I? Why can't we?"   The world needs more big dreamers like Steve Jobs.   He was a designer at heart and a leader.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2011, 07:37:22 PM »
jobs didnt develop shit, the guys who did are listed there;

http://theoligarch.com/microsoft_vs_apple_history.htm

steve jobs was just a businessman, a huma ressources manager, good at marketing and stealing other people ideas. A Shark. Not a developer or a geek.

Except Jobs was known as a tyrannical boss who oversaw every aspect of a project's development. So yes, he did play a role in the development of their products.

illwill

• Getbig III
  • I'm not a playa. I'm just in them guts a lot
« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2011, 07:44:30 PM »
the technologies he "stole" were sitting on a shelf. He had the vision to put it to use.   Just like Bill Gates "stole" the look and feel of the Mac OS and created "Windows".

There are tons of little things Steve Jobs did to prove his vision (I'm beginning to hate that word lol) that people never saw or read about.    Of course, he didn't do this shit himself.  No.  But when he came back to Apple he hardly EVER missed.  He was hitting home runs since 1998.  Heck, this man  got fired. Then he founded NEXT computer and lost again.  Instead of imploding he became more humble.  He learned from his mistakes and improved upon them when he came back to Apple with the original iMac. 

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2011, 07:45:32 PM »
Except Jobs was known as a tyrannical boss who oversaw every aspect of a project's development. So yes, he did play a role in the development of their products.

I'm sure you don't know shit about programming or development but overseeing something and actually doing the work, there is a big difference.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2011, 07:46:22 PM »
Well, I guess Jobs was just as pissed off as most of us were regarding the recent press conference for the Iphone 4S, but to take it to the next level, geez...  :-\

He probably felt like there was no way that Apple could possibly recover from that press conference and that if anything, maybe, just maybe, by killing himself he could somehow recover some of the momentum.

P.I.P.
"1"

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2011, 07:48:57 PM »
I'm sure you don't know shit about programming or development but overseeing something and actually doing the work, there is a big difference.

Yes, anyone could have managed to do with Apple what Jobs did. He had no idea what was going on and was nothing more than a spokesman. Great point.  ::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2011, 07:53:27 PM »

Did the Occupy Wall Street types off him?