Author Topic: Evans out. Again.  (Read 5513 times)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Evans out. Again.
« on: October 06, 2011, 08:03:52 AM »
So word is that Rashad is out again with hand problems regarding his Jones fight.

Interesting.  Who is up next?  Machida?  Only viable option at this point.

I'd like to see Bones beat up Machida a little. 

coltrane

• Getbig IV
Re: Evans out. Again.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 11:07:25 AM »
Just now read it is in fact Machida.

Who wins this?  Interesting match up.  I think Jones just needs to get ahold of Machida and take him down and gnp.

Thoughts fellas?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 04:08:49 PM »
Just now read it is in fact Machida.

Who wins this?  Interesting match up.  I think Jones just needs to get ahold of Machida and take him down and gnp.

Thoughts fellas?

I said that Machida is the one guy at 205 lbs who can beat Jones. His elusiveness and skills at counter-striking are custom-made to defeat Jones. Also, Jones is first and foremost wrestler, and Machida has a fantastic track record against wrestlers. If Jones goes all flashy with his striking like he usually does, I can see Machida getting out of the way and cliping him right in the chin or rib cage with one of his karate knife jabs.

But this is bad timing. Machida needs more time to recover from his previous fight with Rampage before taking an opponent like Jones. I could see him beating Jones 6 months from now, but if this fight happens 3 months from now, I don't know. I think Machida needs Rashad to wear Jones out before he can beat him.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 06:08:38 PM »
So who are you picking?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 07:34:39 PM »
So who are you picking?

Not sure. But I am still going with Machida. Let's see if Jones can take him down. If he can't, and wrestlers pretty much have all failed at it, it's a pretty sure thing Machida will pick him apart in the stand-up and beat him, the difference in reach notwithstanding.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

asbrus

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 07:45:23 PM »
  Not sure. But I am still going with Machida. Let's see if Jones can take him down. If he can't, and wrestlers pretty much have all failed at it, it's a pretty sure thing Machida will pick him apart in the stand-up and beat him, the difference in reach notwithstanding.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

THE FUNNY THING IS THAT J0NES WAS ACTUALLY A 4 TIME STATE CHAMP AS A WRESTLER IN HIGH SCH00L AND A 2 TIME ALL AMERICAN. HE'S 0NE 0F THE BEST WRESTLERS IN THE GAME T0DAY IN THE UFC.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 09:21:25 PM »
first off why is evans out? does this guy even want to fight anymore?
with machida i feel that it which  version of him that shows up. i do think that he CAN beat jones but i am on the fence. it really should be a pretty good fight
irongearco.com

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 06:22:54 AM »
Apparently Rashad's hand isn't good to go.  I don't understand it at all.  Honestly i'm questioning whether or not he's ducking Jones after all the trash talk he's done...   perhaps he knows Jones will beat him.  IDK.  However, this makes no sense bc the Jones/Machida fight will either end with Jones winning and gaining more confidence for Rashad, or Jones will lose and that would pit Rashad against Machida....  and we all remember how the first one went.  SO, maybe Rashad's hand thing is legit. 

As for Machida/Jones it's a toss up.  Can Jones handle Machida's bizarre style?  One thing that makes me lean towards Jones is that he has the best coaching..   and they will have him 100% ready for Machida.

This is the fight I say that Jones does indeed get his chin tested though.

Jones round 4 on the ground via ref stoppage.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 06:28:47 PM »
Fuck Rashad-- probably faked it to avoid getting humiliated by his former protege

Jones by TKO stoppage in round 3

suckmymuscle

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 07:13:54 PM »

Jones by TKO stoppage in round 3

If Jones uses straight jabs and his knee kicks to keep Machida at a distance, it might happen because of his reach advantage. But if he does his flashy show-off stuff like the spinning elbows or flying knees, there is very little question that Machida will clip him.

All of you are seriously underestimating Machida. He is very, very dangerous. I think if Anderson Silva moved up to 205 lbs and tried to strike with Machida, he might get KOd. Machida is even more elusive and hard to hit than Silva, and he has twice the power and is just as precise. Many people bring up his defeat to Shogun, but Shogun's style is custom-made to beat Machida and he trained especifically for 6 months just to counter Machida.

Jones is primarilly a wrestler. Machida has probably the best take-down defense in the 205 lbs division. How many times has he been taken down? Jones will have a hard time taking him down, and on the stand-up Machida is by far the guy at 205 lbs with the best chance of beating him.

I am really divided in this fight. I can see Machida winning via either KO/TKO by strikes in the second or third rounds or Jones winning by TKO via ground-and-pound on any round from 1 to 5. Very interesting match-up. I am going with Machida.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 08:16:18 AM »
Machida has no hope in this fight what so ever IMO

Dreadlifter

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2011, 04:17:25 PM »

This. Jones will destroy him over 5 rounds if he doesn't TKO or submit him.

Machida's elusive games worked against some opponents but we've seen people get round it, and that was fighteres without Jones' gibbon-like reach.

Rashad pulls out of fight with Jones AGAIN. Shocker.  ::) Dislocated or broken thumb i think he said. I don't care. Yet again we don't get to a the fight that needs to happen.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2011, 07:10:16 PM »
Rashad knows an ass whuppin' is coming when he fights Bones. Its just a matter of time, so he is trying to put it off as long as possible.

I agree with Bones...Rashad thought Bones wouldn't take the fight with him on nine weeks notice. When Bones said, "Yeah, I'll fight Rashad", Rashad all of a sudden decides his hand won't be ready. Give me a break.  ::)

Rashad should fight Phil Davis, as was originally scheduled to happen.

Bones/Machida will be interesting. At this point, there is no reason to believe Bones will not dominate and win by KO, TKO, or submission.
!

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 01:29:31 AM »

are you serious? :-\
irongearco.com

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 09:28:50 AM »
are you serious? :-\

Absolutely. I havent seen anything from him to make me think otherwise, Jones is going to have his way with him regardless of his style.

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 10:34:59 PM »
THE FUNNY THING IS THAT J0NES WAS ACTUALLY A 4 TIME STATE CHAMP AS A WRESTLER IN HIGH SCH00L AND A 2 TIME ALL AMERICAN. HE'S 0NE 0F THE BEST WRESTLERS IN THE GAME T0DAY IN THE UFC.

lol like local wrestling champ means something :-*

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 10:42:08 PM »
i was going with machida but he has been figured out. (lyoto has probably been training hard to stop that from happening again
but when you have a guy 6'4 84inch reach its a lot harder to stop that from happening)

1. the fight could end up with jones chasing lyoto while he picks him apart.

2. it could end with jones trying to bum rush him or lyoto lands a laser guided punch flush to the mouth and jaw area

but either way good test for him

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 01:37:39 PM »
Jones has unorthodox wrestling.  Greco and Judo are used.  Most guys don't see this often.  I don't see Machida beating him.  I could be wrong, but Jones reach is very hard to deal with.  I see him using straight jabs to clinch, and then he'll overpower Machida on the ground eventually.