Author Topic: Social Security - The Facts  (Read 402 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Social Security - The Facts
« on: October 06, 2011, 06:51:18 PM »
It occurred to me that this piece should be committed to memory and recited to the next jerkwad who preaches about the "entitlements" some of us receive. Then, and only then, should you smack them in the mouth.....all the while smiling!

REMEMBER:

Not only did you contribute to Social Security but your employer did too. It totaled 15% of your income before taxes. If you averaged only $30K over your working life, that's close to $220,500. If you calculate the future value of $4,500 per year (yours & your employer's contribution) at a simple 5% (less than what the govt. pays on the money that it borrows), after 49 years of working you'd have $892,919.98.

If you took out only 3% per year, you'd receive $26,787.60 per year and it would last better than 30 years (until you're 95 if you retire at age 65) and that's with no interest paid on that final amount on de posit!

If you bought an annuity and it paid 4% per year, you'd have a lifetime income of $2,976.40 per month?

The folks in Washington have pulled off a bigger Ponzi scheme than Bernie Madhoff ever had?
Entitlement my ass, I paid cash for my social security insurance!!!! Just because they borrowed MY money, doesn't make MY benefits some kind of charity or handout!!

Congressional benefits, a.k.a.. free healthcare, outrageous retirement packages, 67 paid holidays, three weeks paid vacation, unlimited paid sick days, now that's welfare, AND they have the nerve to call my social security retirement entitlements???

We're "broke" and can't help our own Seniors, Veterans, Orphans, Homeless etc.! In the last months we have provided aid to Haiti , Chile , and Turkey.? And now Pakistan ......home of the late bin Laden. Literally, BILLIONS of DOLLARS!!!

Our retired seniors living on a 'fixed income' receive no aid nor do they get any breaks while our government and religious organizations pour Hundreds of Billions of $$$$$$'s and Tons of Food to Foreign Countries!

They call Social Security and Medicare an entitlement even though most of us have been paying for it all our working lives and now when its time for us to collect, the government is running out of money. Why did the government borrow from it in the first place?

Imagine if the *GOVERNMENT* gave 'US' the same support they give to other countries.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Re: Social Security - The Facts
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 06:57:11 PM »
First, your congressional benefits are all bullshit.

Second, do retards like you know the definition of "Entitlement"?  Yes, dumbfuck it's our money hence we are entitled to it.

"Entitlement my ass, I paid cash for my social security insurance"  ::)

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 07:33:50 PM »

Second, do retards like you know the definition of "Entitlement"?  Yes, dumbfuck it's our money hence we are entitled to it.

http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/uscongress/a/congresspay.htm
To your first point - they were and are still living high on the hog.

And yes, we are entitled to Social Security. But I think when the scumbag whore politicians refer to Social Security as an entitlement they are trying to condition the public to think that it is gift from the government.

"A long coveted cut to Social Security and Medicare is going to happen.  This will occur for reasons none of the politicians in the District of Criminals will ever speak about publicly.  There is far more at stake here than what the District terms an “unfunded liability”.  When you hear those in the District speak about this liability, you need to understand what they are really saying.  This is an intra-governmental debt, meaning; a debt accrued within the government. It is a liability to the federal government because it is owed to “you” and they have no way of paying it back without taxing you more heavily.  You are the “full faith and credit” of the United States corporation.  That means government runs up the bills and we pay it.

The federal government now includes Social Security in its debt portfolio, not because the program is insolvent or ever was, and not because the Federal government has to fund it in any sense (SS is funded by your investments) but because the Federal government has stolen so much money from the fund, then sold special treasury securities on those stolen funds to countries like China to finance the massive debt accruing across the board.  Since there is no chance the national debt can ever be repaid, the Fed is now in the position of finagling the discharge of internal debt from the books.  Look at it as a form of back door bankruptcy."

http://ppjg.wordpress.com/2011/02/17/social-security-is-not-an-entitlement-program/

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 09:06:05 PM »

Your response isn't clear to me....so maybe I am sort of a "dumb fuck" as you so politely put it. I believe my post was clear in that I believe folks are entitled to SSI benefits because it is their money.

You paid cash for your SSI? What does that mean? Are you self employed? How else would one pay for SSI (assuming paying employee/employer SSI taxes is what you are speaking of)?