Author Topic: Some of These "99 Percenters" are complete MORONS-Incredibly Stupid  (Read 99099 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Re: Some of These "99 Percenters" are complete MORONS-Incredibly Stupid
« Reply #600 on: October 09, 2011, 06:37:30 PM »
TA your wrong on this count, you might be too young to know anything about protests or every was involved in one yourself. After all your generation is the most sold out generation ever, sipping starbucks, using Iphones and wearing Nike shoes.

All great movements started by the grass roots movement, by people not corporations. They are started by a group of intellectuals who put forth ideas about societal concerns. If those ideas strike a chord and have a ring of truth they will catch like wildfire with the everday population. Yes the essential ideas may get water down or misconstrued by some ignorant participants. but for the most part the movement will continue to thrive and prosper including all classes of people.  There is a truth to the Occupy Wallstreet movement if you cant see it now you will soon.

In all the great movements, environmental movement (Love Canal), civil rights movements, Anti Vietnam movement, Gay rights ( Act Up) and Animal rights (PETA), there are always some odd balls, hippies or misguided people, but they are very useful to the movement as they provide the numbers and are efffective in street theatre. But believe me there are much stronger minded intelligent people that will bolster the rest and give the movement meaning and power and eventually realize the goals, at least some of them.

Dont be ignorant TA, the media always shows the worst of a group of people, they do it all the time to try to discredit the protest, after all the media is a corporate machine. They dont like dissent or anarchy. It is not in their financial interest.

Please look deeper into the Wallstreet movement because the truth is there and you will feel foolish when you realize you almost missed it.

Please kill yourself in the most painful and inhumane way possible. It's the only way you can make amends for wasting my time and everyone else's by forcing us to endure your idiotic posting.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #601 on: October 09, 2011, 06:37:42 PM »
The quote was edited out I thought you were bezerkfury I'm hungover so I ain't apologizing for shit.

Meh I agree with the statement that they should be protesting the gov, and I strongly believe it will flow into it. Politicians aren't stupid this is a huge demographic of people that are becoming more politically aware.  

Anyhow what fucking ignorance am I stating you haven't yet  touched on any of the issues I mentioned without twisting what I said into your on bias.

Social "science" degrees pale in comparison to quantitative degrees, gimmick. Truth hurts.

Degrees like sociology and <insert gender> studies exist only to make people feel better about themselves and so schools can bleed suckers dry.

"I can't find a job with my women's rights degree. If I were to get a doctorate in it I would surely find employment". The schools are laughing right to the bank.

Xerxes

« Reply #602 on: October 09, 2011, 06:39:02 PM »
I agree with Adonis, most of these people just seem like they made a bunch of bad choices in life, especially from an economic standpoint and now they're whining about it. What the hell do they expect? That the guys on Wall Street start coming out saying "hey, here you go buddy, have some of my salary" ?  ??? Why aren't they applying for jobs? Selling hot dogs? Shining shoes? Washing cars? Selling lemonade?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #603 on: October 09, 2011, 06:40:52 PM »
find some pics of ppl with business degrees in the 99% TA Id like to see them represented as much as ppl do major in those areas...
If I was putting together a home improvement company, I`d hire Johnny Falcon way faster to manage and delegate than I`d hire some schmuck with a Business degree who thinks he is better than the Falcon because 4 years and a piece of paper told him so.

MikMaq

« Reply #604 on: October 09, 2011, 06:42:31 PM »
LMFAO ahhhh so its not that ppl with business degrees arent in the 99% movement its just that they are not motivated enough to get out and join the protests?

AHHHH IC IC thank you for clearing that up...

ORRRRR

could it be that majority of these ppl actually got jobs?
Of course they got jobs were in a recession and our economy is suffering from rigidity. The risk adverse economy is failing to give needed experience to people with educations in the social sciences. The old people have all the jobs and make little effort to come up with solutions. So it's just one vicious cycle. The last twenty years has shown the rise of IT, this has turned business in a system heavy business structure that is fizzling out in value.

And were all under the 99 percent, those that protests are much like those with applied degrees. We all are getting screwed, we all see the need for change. The only way this shit will ever be fixed is if those with diverse values, experiences, ideas, backgrounds, and education can learn to coporate in a meaningful way.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #605 on: October 09, 2011, 06:43:18 PM »
Really? Mine got me a pretty decent Job, a job that is helping me pay for my MBA...

you have a business degree?

Id say marketing is probably the weakest one and even that you can always get a sales job but then again most sales jobs you dont really need a degree to get anyway so.

whats your business degree in leafy?
I took a few classes in the Sam Walton Business College.... I think that is suppose to be one of the best business schools in the country???? I don't know nor do i care. I have never seen a bigger collection of morons in my entire life in one room. I was embarrassed to be in there. It was nothing but a bunch of fraternity and sorority girls who came in hung over and cheated their way through class. My degree was in political science. I am glad i finished it out and didn't change my major to a mistake. I was taught by some very good professors and came out of school feeling like i really learned something. My senior manager at Walmart has a fucking home ec degree. The director above her has something similar. That right there indicates to me that it doesn't matter what your degree is. Business is NOT a skill.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #606 on: October 09, 2011, 06:44:04 PM »
Social "science" degrees pale in comparison to quantitative degrees, gimmick. Truth hurts.

Degrees like sociology and <insert gender> studies exist only to make people feel better about themselves and so schools can bleed suckers dry.

"I can't find a job with my women's rights degree. If I were to get a doctorate in it I would surely find employment". The schools are laughing right to the bank.
Another problem with these people is that they are narrow minded in some respects.  They choose Field A and its all or nothing with them.  They want a job in Field A or they take an extremely shitty job until they get a job in Field A.

Perhaps its a way to justify the time they wasted in Field A or it may be due to the fact they think they are an expert in Field A and not realizing that Field A could be used in many fields and jobs instead of what they perceive in a narrow scope.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #607 on: October 09, 2011, 06:46:21 PM »
If I was putting together a home improvement company, I`d hire Johnny Falcon way faster to manage and delegate than I`d hire some schmuck with a Business degree who thinks he is better than the Falcon because 4 years and a piece of paper told him so.
agreed, but if youre looking for an analyst or accountant which EVERY COMPANY NEEDS then who are you hiring?

its simple supply and demand bro, EVERY company needs accountants even if they are in the process of going bankrupt.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #608 on: October 09, 2011, 06:46:45 PM »
I took a few classes in the Sam Walton Business College.... I think that is suppose to be one of the best business schools in the country???? I don't know nor do i care. I have never seen a bigger collection of morons in my entire life in one room. I was embarrassed to be in there. It was nothing but a bunch of fraternity and sorority girls who came in hung over and cheated their way through class. My degree was in political science. I am glad i finished it out and didn't change my major to a mistake. I was taught by some very good professors and came out of school feeling like i really learned something. My senior manager at Walmart has a fucking home ec degree. The director above her has something similar. That right there indicates to me that it doesn't matter what your degree is. Business is NOT a skill.
Your Senior Manager has it correct.  He has a Home Ec degree and did not sit around waiting for some way to "use" a Home Ec degree.  She broadened her scope a bit.  Some of these people getting these degrees are being too narrow with an all or nothing approach.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #609 on: October 09, 2011, 06:47:53 PM »
agreed, but if youre looking for an analyst or accountant which EVERY COMPANY NEEDS then who are you hiring?

its simple supply and demand bro, EVERY company needs accountants even if they are in the process of going bankrupt.
The Jewish guy.  I wouldn`t even need to see a degree.  ;)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #610 on: October 09, 2011, 06:50:34 PM »
LOL I think you misunderstood, Im not saying that business degree automatically makes you well versed in business.

What im saying is that a business degree makes you more marketable in the job market. Like anything you get out what you put in personally in terms of how you view it but business degrees are worth more in the eyes of employers than a poli sci degree, psych, phys degree on average.

you can say what you want about those ppl in your business class, but the vast majority of them probably have jobs right now.

THATS THE POINT...

MikMaq

« Reply #611 on: October 09, 2011, 06:54:07 PM »

Depends if the school is shit or not. There's a huge practical advantage in the social sciences.  Womens studies for example has a lot of practical knowledge that can be applied to the business world, with the proper experience. That is if the economy allows for these people to get the needed experience. However your belief system which is shared by most people in control of the economy, doesn't allow for this to happen. Again the economy favors a systematic and repetitive structure that lacks quality. These means our economy is geared towards jobs that can easily be outsourced to asia. If our economy is to survive we need to more focused on industries that cannot be easily outsourced.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #612 on: October 09, 2011, 06:55:52 PM »
If you can sell yourself, and sell yourself extremely well, nothing else will matter. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #613 on: October 09, 2011, 06:57:50 PM »
Of course they got jobs were in a recession and our economy is suffering from rigidity. The risk adverse economy is failing to give needed experience to people with educations in the social sciences. The old people have all the jobs and make little effort to come up with solutions. So it's just one vicious cycle. The last twenty years has shown the rise of IT, this has turned business in a system heavy business structure that is fizzling out in value.

And were all under the 99 percent, those that protests are much like those with applied degrees. We all are getting screwed, we all see the need for change. The only way this shit will ever be fixed is if those with diverse values, experiences, ideas, backgrounds, and education can learn to coporate in a meaningful way.

what you call "risk adverse" is simply making a smart decision....again this is just plain ignorance.

SORRY you arent going to hire a person with an anthropology degree to do analysis, youre not going to hire a social science major to do marketing...

the problem is that alot of these ppl put themselves in this position and thats not the govt or wall streets fault.

You are entitled to go into any field you want, youre not entitled to a job or some wage you feel you should be paid....

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #614 on: October 09, 2011, 06:58:07 PM »
LOL I think you misunderstood, Im not saying that business degree automatically makes you well versed in business.

What im saying is that a business degree makes you more marketable in the job market. Like anything you get out what you put in personally in terms of how you view it but business degrees are worth more in the eyes of employers than a poli sci degree, psych, phys degree on average.

you can say what you want about those ppl in your business class, but the vast majority of them probably have jobs right now.

THATS THE POINT...
I'd disagree. You just negated yourself in that post. People look for transferable skills.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #615 on: October 09, 2011, 06:59:06 PM »
Depends if the school is shit or not. There's a huge practical advantage in the social sciences.  Womens studies for example has a lot of practical knowledge that can be applied to the business world, with the proper experience. That is if the economy allows for these people to get the needed experience. However your belief system which is shared by most people in control of the economy, doesn't allow for this to happen. Again the economy favors a systematic and repetitive structure that lacks quality. These means our economy is geared towards jobs that can easily be outsourced to asia. If our economy is to survive we need to more focused on industries that cannot be easily outsourced.
What industries would you recommend?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #616 on: October 09, 2011, 07:01:33 PM »
I'd disagree. You just negated yourself in that post. People look for transferable skills.
I think you may have misread I didnt negate myself...

agreed, but that doesnt change the fact that business degrees get your foot in more doors than other degrees...

transferable skills can be obtained outside of college...we are talking degrees here bro....

MikMaq

« Reply #617 on: October 09, 2011, 07:01:58 PM »

THATS THE POINT...
Your point makes alot of sense of why things are the way they are, but it's ignoring the big question. How would things be better, the argument I'm trying to make is that the market is distorting the value of education. Our hirarchael based business structure has a bias that is too far in the numerical mindset.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #618 on: October 09, 2011, 07:02:28 PM »

agreed, but that doesnt change the fact that business degrees get your foot in more doors than other degrees...

transferable skills can be obtained outside of college...we are talking degrees here bro....
The individual and how you present yourself is more important than anything.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #619 on: October 09, 2011, 07:06:06 PM »
The individual and how you present yourself is more important than anything.
I agree but thats once you meet them, the thing is bro theyre going through hundreds of resumes for 1 job...

if thats you are pulling the guy with a business degree or social science degree all other things equal?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #620 on: October 09, 2011, 07:06:56 PM »
Your point makes alot of sense of why things are the way they are, but it's ignoring the big question. How would things be better, the argument I'm trying to make is that the market is distorting the value of education. Our hirarchael based business structure has a bias that is too far in the numerical mindset.
LOL ok so lets play along with your theory, what would your ideal system be?

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #621 on: October 09, 2011, 07:11:18 PM »

Apparently a Home Ec degree was good enough to get my senior managers foot in the door. I agree. It does look pretty to have business listed as your degree on your resume when you are applying to a business. But in reality it doesn't mean shit. I have the highest level education in my department. The second highest is my supervisor who has a associates. It doesn't mean shit. There are people who have done nothing but sit at that company for 20 years who have nothing but a high school education and make twice as much as i do simply because they have been there longer. It's more about how you sell yourself. I think business degrees is the plague of this country and i think it is why we are having the economic issues we are now. More focus should be put into the sciences. Instead we have universities funding football programs because they bring in big money into the schools.... That right there is business for you.

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #622 on: October 09, 2011, 07:13:28 PM »
I agree but thats once you meet them, the thing is bro theyre going through hundreds of resumes for 1 job...

if thats you are pulling the guy with a business degree or social science degree all other things equal?
You do realize out of the 3000 job applications that Google receives everyday that 75% of them are probably business majors of some sort? Do you think your resume is going to stand out because it said BS of Business or MBA??? ROFLLLMMAAMOMO FUDFNSDNF1On3!1!@!@1

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #623 on: October 09, 2011, 07:15:12 PM »
You do realize out of the 3000 job applications that good receives everyday that 75% of them are probably business majors of some sort? Do you think your resume is going to stand out because it said BS of Business or MBA??? ROFLLLMMAAMOMO FUDFNSDNF1On3!1!@!@1
above a person that has a home ec degree? FUCK YEA I DO

ROFLLLMMAAMOMO FUDFNSDNF1On3!1!@!@1 if you think any different...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #624 on: October 09, 2011, 07:17:03 PM »
Apparently a Home Ec degree was good enough to get my senior managers foot in the door. I agree. It does look pretty to have business listed as your degree on your resume when you are applying to a business. But in reality it doesn't mean shit. I have the highest level education in my department. The second highest is my supervisor who has a associates. It doesn't mean shit. There are people who have done nothing but sit at that company for 20 years who have nothing but a high school education and make twice as much as i do simply because they have been there longer. It's more about how you sell yourself. I think business degrees is the plague of this country and i think it is why we are having the economic issues we are now. More focus should be put into the sciences. Instead we have universities funding football programs because they bring in big money into the schools.... That right there is business for you.
LMFAO so you somehow relate college football to business degrees? goodfuckingness ::)

As ive said I agree but again if youre looking at a business degree or a social science degree which resume are you pulling?

Thats the point you dont get the job if you dont get an interview, business degrees get you interviews...