Author Topic: Barbarian BP  (Read 51372 times)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Barbarian BP
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2005, 08:39:47 PM »
More nice shirts ....

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2005, 09:47:27 PM »
This is one of their shirts David gave me.  They did pretty well with their clothing line.

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2005, 08:27:52 AM »
hey stunt, is that Harvey Keitel with the brothers in the top pic?
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2005, 02:29:30 PM »
You must have missed the postwhere i stated Lyle Alzado deadlifted 765 at Gold's Gym Venice. Lyle was strong as f**k. Lyle might not have been the bench pressers that the BB were-but he had them on deadlifts for sure.

And he was a nut-I dont think anyone at Venice could have kicked his ass.

Am I wrong but was there a story about Lyle going after the of the Barbarian Bros. at one time?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2005, 02:56:17 PM »
Not Havvey Keitel, but it is Joe Nazario who is located somewhere on the East Coast. Anyone still in contact with Joe  or know how to contact him?
Yea, there was a story on one of the Boards about the Bros and Alzado

619Rules

« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2005, 08:43:53 PM »
Am I wrong but was there a story about Lyle going after the of the Barbarian Bros. at one time?

Oh yeah...we have gone over that story a few times here, the problem is no one has the first hand info on it (as in saw it with their own eyes).

The version I heard was the Brothers lost a bet on a Raider game and would not pay up-and Alzado knocked one out and the other one ran for cover.

Onlyme got word form Grymko that there was no fight at all really, and the abuse of the Gold's Venice equipment was what started it.

I find this hard to believe b/c Alzado himself abused the fuck out of the equipment at Gold's Venice.

Who knows though-after 20+ years only the Brothers can give us a straight answer-considering Lyle is long gone.....

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2005, 08:58:18 PM »
Well I think I told it a little on here.  Ia sked Pete and he told me.  It was orginally about the twins were staying at Lyle's house and they were fucking around and broke a very expensive mirrored wall.  It cost a few thousand dollars.  They refused to pay for it or something like that cause it was an accident or something and Lyle got pissed at them.  Not sure if any actual blows came.  I remember the story I heard originallly was the abuse of equipment at Gold's set him of on them. 

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2005, 07:57:55 AM »
have any of you guys heard the story that John Romano told about Alzado throwing the lawyer off of the leg extension machine at Gold's in the early 90's sometime, supposedly the guy sued Gold's and Lyle.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

619Rules

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2005, 01:19:26 PM »
have any of you guys heard the story that John Romano told about Alzado throwing the lawyer off of the leg extension machine at Gold's in the early 90's sometime, supposedly the guy sued Gold's and Lyle.

I never heard that one..........but I will tell you right now Alzado was one BIG muthafocker-and had a bit of an attitude, so it would not have been a good idea to aggrevate him...lol.....

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2005, 01:37:12 PM »
yeah 619 the story was in an issue of MD about 10 years ago, Romano says that him and Lyle were in the gym training legs when Alzado was trying to make a comeback with the Raiders, some guy about 140lbs. wouldn't get off the extension when Lyle was trying to do supersets so Lyle picked him up and threw him about 10 feet, haha.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2005, 11:53:26 PM »
yeah 619 the story was in an issue of MD about 10 years ago, Romano says that him and Lyle were in the gym training legs when Alzado was trying to make a comeback with the Raiders, some guy about 140lbs. wouldn't get off the extension when Lyle was trying to do supersets so Lyle picked him up and threw him about 10 feet, haha.

haha, some funny shit.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2005, 11:07:09 PM »
He actually got the bar several inches off his chest. Unbelievable.

What was their best bench press? It must have been over 600 lb.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

peteyp

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2005, 04:18:19 AM »

sarcasm

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2005, 07:47:32 AM »
if the only thing you notice about that picture is their hair you're on the wrong board, go watch Queer eye for the Straight Guy.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

619Rules

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2005, 10:38:17 AM »
A 365 BNP and the guy still had ripped arms and abs.......cool......

Loomis

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2005, 10:49:16 PM »
wonder why the caption says 320 ???

619Rules

« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2005, 12:36:37 AM »
wonder why the caption says 320 ???

Joe Weider was notoriously cheap and he could not find anyone who had a HS diploma to work for him....hence the poor math skills ;D

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2005, 06:14:24 AM »
some pip-squeek writer forgot that the bar weighs 45 lbs.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2005, 09:44:18 AM »
some pip-squeek writer forgot that the bar weighs 45 lbs

Yep.

Mike H.

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2005, 09:12:11 PM »
The story about Lyle Alzado knocking out the Barbarians in the parking lot at Gold's was made up by the Barbarians. The Barbarians were getting negative press from the Weider mags at the time and no matter how many positive articles were sent to Weider for publication, he would not run them. They both felt their was a conspiracy against them. In order to prove their theory, David and Peter made up a letter to the editor with the fictional story about Lyle Alzado and sent it to one of the mags, betting that it would be put in the mag. Sure enough, it was! This was told to me by David Paul in 1981.

619Rules

« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2005, 10:23:16 PM »
The story about Lyle Alzado knocking out the Barbarians in the parking lot at Gold's was made up by the Barbarians. The Barbarians were getting negative press from the Weider mags at the time and no matter how many positive articles were sent to Weider for publication, he would not run them. They both felt their was a conspiracy against them. In order to prove their theory, David and Peter made up a letter to the editor with the fictional story about Lyle Alzado and sent it to one of the mags, betting that it would be put in the mag. Sure enough, it was! This was told to me by David Paul in 1981.

Lyle Alzado was not training at Gold's Venice in 1981............and there were never any letter to the editor about this event.....

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #46 on: December 23, 2005, 06:31:49 AM »

You're correct Mike . . . I recall that letter. I have it in one of my back collection, I'll dig it out scan it and post it.

You have a great memory.

Ronnie Abston.

Mike H.

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2005, 02:11:13 PM »
Hurricane, I don't remember which Weider mag it was in, Flex or Muscle and Fitness. Also, I could be off a year or so on the year David told me that. That was such a long time ago.

Hurricane Beef !

• Getbig V
  • Beat Coach, Wes & Chaos So Bad . . .
« Reply #48 on: December 24, 2005, 10:05:05 AM »
Hurricane Beef is a homo-that is a fact!

..... and Mike H is wrong!

Mike, 619 must be mistaken. I have that letter to the editor and will scan it as soon as have a moment.

Big Ronnie Abston MBA, LLB

619Rules

« Reply #49 on: December 24, 2005, 04:15:50 PM »
Ron-do you still hang out with Arnold? I know you said you know him and are the"expert" on these things....... ;D