Author Topic: Perfect and serious analysis of the wall street horseshit protests  (Read 2134 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Perfect and serious analysis of the wall street horseshit protests
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 06:58:34 AM »
many of the people are hilarious.  demanding we open the borders and being so upset their degree isn't worth shit.

Really... you honestly thought that communications degree + working as a waitress summers at Harpoon Harr'ys Pub would have you taking over cnn tomorrow?

The 99%er letters had me in tears.  laughing.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 07:54:49 AM »
I am 27, married with 4 kids.

I took $150,000 in school loans in order to pursue my dream of a master's in 12th century art history.

I have $100 a month in iPhone bills as well as hundreds of dollars in bills for high speed internet and my other utilities.

I work 18-hour shifts for social services.

I AM THE 99%.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 07:59:33 AM »
"I have $100 a month in iPhone bills "

LOL... they want to destory all corporations...

but if they achieved that goal, then they would be marching next week demanding their iPhone get turned back on.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 08:04:26 AM »
"I have $100 a month in iPhone bills "

LOL... they want to destory all corporations...

but if they achieved that goal, then they would be marching next week demanding their iPhone get turned back on.

I wonder how many of them will be lining up at the Apple store on Friday to get their 4S before heading back?

Apple, the largest corporation on the planet by market cap, isn't "part of the problem". Never mind that they manufacture most of their products in Taiwan. Oops, bet they didn't know that.  ::)

iPhones have a margin of something like 40%. Apple produces said iPhones in Taiwan. Not part of the problem, though, because Apple is cool for hipsters!

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 09:08:39 AM »

Occupy Wall Street: Days Of Rage, Hours Of Opportunism – OpEd
Written by: Daniel Greenfield

October 2, 2011

The last time I passed the Days of Rage protesters in downtown Manhattan, amid their litter of expensive camping equipment, iPhone chargers, mobile hotspots and handwritten cardboard signs, they reminded me of people who walk up to you in bars pretending that they just discovered a new brand of beer they want to share with you. Those people are plants, so are the people with torn cardboard signs surrounded by a few thousand dollars of equipment.

There are people who have reason to be enraged at Wall Street, but they rarely show up at rallies. They are too busy working a second job in their seventies or sitting outside a factory that was shipped off to China. And the people who do show up at rallies invariably have nothing to do with Wall Street and are financed by billionaires who made their money, directly or indirectly, in the stock market.

The paradox of Wall Street financed radicals protesting against the Street makes as much sense as a dose of class warfare from Warren Buffett. But the Street is a devious place, which makes money by betting against itself, and whose favorite politicians denounce it around election time. The cynical game of broken expectations is played here like nowhere else and the entire economy is on the table.

Obama poured money into Wall Street before denouncing it, and like Kerry, he was against Wall Street, before he was for it, before he was against it. At luncheons in exclusive restaurants, his allies are still explaining to hedge fund managers that Barry doesn’t really mean it. He’s just trying to get elected.

Democrats sometimes like to take off their Harvard jackets, loosen their club ties and try on a little populism, but it never sticks. They’re always against NAFTA, before they’re elected, and for it once they do. At towns with the rusted steel of lost manufacturing, they pledge to stand up for American industry, and then fly off to a fundraiser thrown by the outsourcing firms who have the actual money.

The belated crusade against Wall Street is even more pathetic as it is coordinated by groups who wouldn’t exist without men like Soros, who made their money from deals that make the Street look sparkling clean. It’s class warfare as a cynical jab at the populist center, the people who mutter to themselves that the Street is full of crooks and so is Congress.

They’re right and the Days of Rage protesters, who usually have a trust fund at their back and a degree in creative arts on their shelf, would never admit it. They’re not here to protest against power, but for those in power. Or else why target Wall Street now, long after the bailouts and the fizzing outrage over Corporate Personhood.

The Days of Rage are an Obama election rally, coordinated ahead of time to coincide with Obama’s own descent into class warfare. Which makes them a pro-government rally.

The yuppie ragers may try for comparisons to Tahrir Square, but they’re more like if Mubarak had thrown a rally blaming the whole thing on international bankers. It’s equally pathetic and desperate. And if the media had any credibility or ethics left, they would be doing something other than covering a disguised election rally as if it were the new Battle of Seattle.

Desperation is the only tactic here. Obama has lost on every issue and so the same fake “grass roots” plants who dialed up the social media during his last campaign, are sending the zombies into the streets to pretend to be leading a revolution. But if these are popular protests, then why do they look so much like an Abercrombie and Fitch take on the Battle of Algiers?

Where are the unemployed cannery workers, the bilked Madoff investors, the homeowners used as fronts for the massive Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac swindle by progressive billionaires like the Sandlers? Where are the victims of Buffett’s insurance companies and the ordinary taxpayers who show up to Tea Party rallies, who are paying for all the crony capitalism?

They’re absent because the Days of Rage are more like a temper tantrum meant to manufacture the perception of public outrage, while lying about the things that the public should be outraged about.

The sheer cost of HUD’s scams, the money diverted to friends of politicians, and the entire edifice of a corrupted capitalism where money is made by failing and then getting bailed out by the government deserves a real day of rage– but it’s not one that people from organizations funded by all that stolen money are going to express. You might as well ask members of the Communist Youth Movement to denounce the Politburo.

As Social Security swirls down the drain and millions of Americans eat paste out of a can, there’s lots of money available to pay photogentic young people to hand-letter cardboard signs, put on their costumes and pretend to be angry about something other than a Defense of Marriage amendment or a supermarket that still uses plastic shopping bags.

People who are as detached from the economic turmoils of a sinking economy as possible are the worst possible representatives of populist outrage. And why should they worry, as long as rogue billionaires like George Soros or Warren Buffett keep trying to run the country to suit their own interests and agendas– then they can expect a steady paycheck.

The exploitation of outrage is always an exercise in hypocrisy. But it’s a particularly pungent odor when the upper class mimes revolution, when they really mean status quo. This isn’t 2008, it’s 2011. These aren’t rallies meant to bring down a government they oppose, but to keep a government they support, with some bottom line differences, in power. To divert attention from its failures by resorting to a wholly phony populism that’s little more than a subway stop game of three-card monte.

Hate the Street or not, the problems we face didn’t begin there. They began in Washington D.C. It wasn’t the Street that squandered the Social Security Trust Fund or decided that the economy would look better with a 15 trillion dollar deficit. The Street certainly played its role in suggesting to the politicians which side of the river to throw the money in, but it was at best a bagman. And the robbers are still off the Potomac, smirking their way through Senate sessions, and trading email notes with the organizations behind the populist protests.

Wall Street isn’t the cause of our economic problems, it’s the patsy for them. Bankers are always there to invest the loot when a government robs its own people blind. But unlike the leaders of so many Banana Republics, ours aren’t piling money in suitcases and flying on the next four engine prop plane out of a dusty tarmac surrounded by palms. They’re staying behind and running for reelection.

The Obama Administration is not the first government to pile up a huge deficit and treat the treasury like its own cash machine. It is not the first government to try and tough it out, by finding a villain to throw to the wolves and pledging to make them pay. These are all antics so outdated that you can read about them in the original Latin. Greek if you’re willing to dig deeper. Phoenician and Hebrew if you’ve got an excellent dictionary.

“I’m shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here!” Casablanca’s Captain Renault says. We have no shortage of Captain Renaults who show up at Wall Street to display their shock that the national economy is little more than a bunch of roulette tables, a few thousand pinball machines and a game that only exists so long as people have enough faith to keep throwing money into the pot.

But the Renaults know all about it, because they not only get their weekly cut, but because the entire system works only because the Renaults funnel money to the tables and then take their cut. And when the bubbles die, the jobs go down the chute and voters look for a scapegoat– the Renaults put on their best self-righteous faces and burst into the establishments to knock the cards out of the players’ hands. Shocked, shocked. This time they’re really going to regulate those naughty brokers.

We’ve played this game long enough that the Renaults and the players have gotten cynical, but the public still hasn’t quite caught on. When people mutter that Social Security is in trouble because there are thieves on Wall Street, they tragically miss the point.

Social Security is in trouble, because like everything else from D.C. to Wall Street, it was built for the interests of those in power, not for its supposed beneficiaries. Which was all-right when the men in the big chairs knew what they were doing, could count to ten, and understood that the system worked so long as you kept on top of it. When those men were replaced by overgrown boys and girls with Harvard degrees and blackberries and all the sense of responsibility of a crackhead with a bladder problem on the Number 2 train, then what we have is universal bankruptcy while the people responsible stuff bonds into their pants and try to distract us with a Day of Rage by the employees of their paid political movements.

This game can only go on for so long, as the numbers rise into the trillions. And where then? Debt is fine as a commodity until it comes time to cash the checks. It’s fine to point the fingers at Wall Street before hitting them up for a donation, but that won’t solve the problem either. Nor will rearranging the tax code to benefit Warren Buffett’s financial interests. You can raise taxes on some of the rich some of the time, while the others will be buying stocks in solar companies and bailed out banks right before a government bailout.

For Halloween, the people behind the mess have decided to send their kids to Wall Street dressed as grass roots protesters. As Elizabeth Warren says, no one got rich on their own. The solar panel factory had government grants. The Harvard lawyers had consultancy fees. The unions had their own politicians. The politicians had book deals. The billionaires have trust fund zombies with cardboard signs. The question is what do we have?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 09:13:40 AM »
 ;)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 09:20:47 AM »
BUMP

What do we have?

All of you leftist pieces of trash touting this disgraceful, fraudulent, destructive masquerade as some sort of worthy cause should have your spinal cords removed.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 09:42:43 AM »
I think a lot of people are misguided these days.....the reason why we are all in such financial trouble as Americans is that we have been convinced to buy a bunch of shit we really don't need...and the result is we are paying a fortune in acquiring the newest gadgets, paying high monthly fees to maintain them....paying high fees for internet and cable TV....and also paying off student loans which are exorbitant......I owe $80,000 in loans myself.....colleges are gauging their students and the only way to get a degree is by taking out these loans which you will spend the rest of your life paying back..

all of this money we are spending should be going toward purchasing a house or property...but we are drowning in our own consumption...I don't think these protesters understand this....although they do make some points about corporate greed, etc

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 09:43:34 AM »
BUMP

What do we have?

All of you leftist pieces of trash touting this disgraceful, fraudulent, destructive masquerade as some sort of worthy cause should have your spinal cords removed.

blaming leftist pieces of trash is one of the problems with this country....same as blaming right-wing pieces of trash

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 09:49:22 AM »
blaming leftist pieces of trash is one of the problems with this country....same as blaming right-wing pieces of trash

No. That's why you're wrong and I'm right. Also, I think you meant gouge instead of gauge.

And, I didn't say all leftists. I said the leftist pieces of trash that support this idiotic protest.

If you don't support this protest, then you don't fall into the trash category.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 09:52:18 AM »
No. That's why you're wrong and I'm right. Also, I think you meant gouge instead of gauge.

And, I didn't say all leftists. I said the leftist pieces of trash that support this idiotic protest.

If you don't support this protest, then you don't fall into the trash category.

thanks for the correction......I think the protests are admirable actually....there are a few loons in there but I can understand their frustration...same as with the tea party

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 10:28:28 AM »
thanks for the correction......I think the protests are admirable actually....there are a few loons in there but I can understand their frustration...same as with the tea party

Where were these people when the tea party started? 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 11:09:50 AM »
I think a lot of people are misguided these days.....the reason why we are all in such financial trouble as Americans is that we have been convinced to buy a bunch of shit we really don't need...and the result is we are paying a fortune in acquiring the newest gadgets, paying high monthly fees to maintain them....paying high fees for internet and cable TV....and also paying off student loans which are exorbitant......I owe $80,000 in loans myself.....colleges are gauging their students and the only way to get a degree is by taking out these loans which you will spend the rest of your life paying back..

all of this money we are spending should be going toward purchasing a house or property...but we are drowning in our own consumption...I don't think these protesters understand this....although they do make some points about corporate greed, etc

Gee willickers, Batman, why don't they protest at their colleges then?

Oh, wait, that would be the sensible thing to do. Much easier to blame Wall St. for holding a gun to your head and making you take on $150,000 in loans for that philosophy degree.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2011, 11:31:53 AM »
Allen West And Steve King To Occupy Wall Street Protesters: Clean Up, Find A Message
First Posted: 10/7/11 07:30 PM ET Updated: 10/7/11 07:34 PM ET

WASHINGTON -- Two Tea Party luminaries have some advice for the Occupy Wall Street crowd: get a message, and clean up your act.

Not that Reps. Allen West (R-Fla.) or Steve King (R-Iowa) think OWS has anything legitimate to say, or that they sympathize at all with the anger that has been on display in protests from New York to California. Indeed, the lawmakers see the protests as artificial.

"If they knew what their grievance was then maybe one could have some sympathy, but I can't really identify their grievance," King told The Huffington Post.

West laughed when asked if he could identify at all with the protesters. "No, I don't," he said, adding that their movement was not genuine. "I don't see what the point is, and I think it's going to backfire because when you peel the onion back, you find out who's behind it and who's financing it -- it's not a true grassroots movement. It's not a true statement."

Critics said the same thing of the Tea Party movement in its earliest days, pointing to funding and organization provided by well-funded groups like FreedomWorks. "FreedomWorks tried to come in then and capitalize on it," West refuted. "The Tea Party is going to keep on whether FreedomWorks exists or not."

But aside from not being a real movement, and is spite of his charge that the protests are a creation of unions, West said one of the biggest problem of the Wall Street protesters is that they have no message.

"I don't know what these kids want. I mean, if they stand up and say 'We want the end of capitalism, we hate corporations...,'" West said, trailing off into a chuckle.

King also suspected unions are behind the movement, but found it far less amusing than West.

"I look at the signs that are there -- it's a human sea of discontent," King said, adding that he spotted anarchists in the crowds on TV. "This is the Left looking for a cause," he said. He also added that he's "seen no evidence" that the movement is organic.

He did not buy that they were angered by the the lack of regulation that sparked the ongoing housing crisis. "Aren't they volunteering to live in the street without housing right now? So it can't be very important to them, I would think," he said.

King also argued that there is no other comparison to be made to the Tea Party, even though some of them were angry, too. "The anger of the Tea Party was because this government is spending too much money and it's not operating within the bounds of the Constitution -- that's what ties the Tea Party together," King said.

"The differences we have are that I don't know of any member of the Tea Party that's been arrested," he said. "They are a peaceful group of people that could just as well be the folks at my church picnic.

"And they clean up after themselves. Let's see what kind of mess Wall Street is when they leave," King continued, before offering a few suggestions.

"That'd be my advice to them if they want to be like the Tea Party: Don't get arrested, and clean up after yourselves," he said. "And by the way, see if you can find some constitutional underpinnings to support an argument -- whatever it may be. I challenge them to do that."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/07/allen-west-steve-king-occupy-wall-street-protest_n_1000938.html

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 01:02:51 PM »
Allen West And Steve King To Occupy Wall Street Protesters: Clean Up, Find A Message
First Posted: 10/7/11 07:30 PM ET Updated: 10/7/11 07:34 PM ET

WASHINGTON -- Two Tea Party luminaries have some advice for the Occupy Wall Street crowd: get a message, and clean up your act.

Not that Reps. Allen West (R-Fla.) or Steve King (R-Iowa) think OWS has anything legitimate to say, or that they sympathize at all with the anger that has been on display in protests from New York to California. Indeed, the lawmakers see the protests as artificial.

"If they knew what their grievance was then maybe one could have some sympathy, but I can't really identify their grievance," King told The Huffington Post.

West laughed when asked if he could identify at all with the protesters. "No, I don't," he said, adding that their movement was not genuine. "I don't see what the point is, and I think it's going to backfire because when you peel the onion back, you find out who's behind it and who's financing it -- it's not a true grassroots movement. It's not a true statement."

Critics said the same thing of the Tea Party movement in its earliest days, pointing to funding and organization provided by well-funded groups like FreedomWorks. "FreedomWorks tried to come in then and capitalize on it," West refuted. "The Tea Party is going to keep on whether FreedomWorks exists or not."

But aside from not being a real movement, and is spite of his charge that the protests are a creation of unions, West said one of the biggest problem of the Wall Street protesters is that they have no message.

"I don't know what these kids want. I mean, if they stand up and say 'We want the end of capitalism, we hate corporations...,'" West said, trailing off into a chuckle.

King also suspected unions are behind the movement, but found it far less amusing than West.

"I look at the signs that are there -- it's a human sea of discontent," King said, adding that he spotted anarchists in the crowds on TV. "This is the Left looking for a cause," he said. He also added that he's "seen no evidence" that the movement is organic.

He did not buy that they were angered by the the lack of regulation that sparked the ongoing housing crisis. "Aren't they volunteering to live in the street without housing right now? So it can't be very important to them, I would think," he said.

King also argued that there is no other comparison to be made to the Tea Party, even though some of them were angry, too. "The anger of the Tea Party was because this government is spending too much money and it's not operating within the bounds of the Constitution -- that's what ties the Tea Party together," King said.

"The differences we have are that I don't know of any member of the Tea Party that's been arrested," he said. "They are a peaceful group of people that could just as well be the folks at my church picnic.

"And they clean up after themselves. Let's see what kind of mess Wall Street is when they leave," King continued, before offering a few suggestions.

"That'd be my advice to them if they want to be like the Tea Party: Don't get arrested, and clean up after yourselves," he said. "And by the way, see if you can find some constitutional underpinnings to support an argument -- whatever it may be. I challenge them to do that."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/07/allen-west-steve-king-occupy-wall-street-protest_n_1000938.html

QFT--

Has anyone else noticed that the goals of these nitwits are mutually exclusive and impossible? (Commentary taken from gateway pundit)

Demand one: Restoration of the living wage. This demand can only be met by ending “Freetrade” by re-imposing trade tariffs on all imported goods entering the American market to level the playing field for domestic family farming and domestic manufacturing as most nations that are dumping cheap products onto the American market have radical wage and environmental regulation advantages. Another policy that must be instituted is raise the minimum wage to twenty dollars an hr.

Demand two: Institute a universal single payer healthcare system. To do this all private insurers must be banned from the healthcare market as their only effect on the health of patients is to take money away from doctors, nurses and hospitals preventing them from doing their jobs and hand that money to wall st. investors.

Demand three: Guaranteed living wage income regardless of employment.

Demand four: Free college education.

Demand five: Begin a fast track process to bring the fossil fuel economy to an end while at the same bringing the alternative energy economy up to energy demand.

Demand six: One trillion dollars in infrastructure (Water, Sewer, Rail, Roads and Bridges and Electrical Grid) spending now.

Demand seven: One trillion dollars in ecological restoration planting forests, reestablishing wetlands and the natural flow of river systems and decommissioning of all of America’s nuclear power plants.

Demand eight: Racial and gender equal rights amendment.

Demand nine: Open borders migration. anyone can travel anywhere to work and live.

Demand ten: Bring American elections up to international standards of a paper ballot precinct counted and recounted in front of an independent and party observers system.

Demand eleven: Immediate across the board debt forgiveness for all. Debt forgiveness of sovereign debt, commercial loans, home mortgages, home equity loans, credit card debt, student loans and personal loans now! All debt must be stricken from the “Books.” World Bank Loans to all Nations, Bank to Bank Debt and all Bonds and Margin Call Debt in the stock market including all Derivatives or Credit Default Swaps, all 65 trillion dollars of them must also be stricken from the “Books.” And I don’t mean debt that is in default, I mean all debt on the entire planet period.

Demand twelve: Outlaw all credit reporting agencies.

Demand thirteen: Allow all workers to sign a ballot at any time during a union organizing campaign or at any time that represents their yeah or nay to having a union represent them in collective bargaining or to form a union.

These demands will create so many jobs it will be completely impossible to fill them without an open borders policy.

Unreal. So who put this together for them anyway?… Van Jones?… Media Matters?

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 01:07:38 PM »
That anyone can support these demands is clear evidence of a disconnect from reality and sanity, in other words, these demands represent liberalism unhinged.

These demands= All part of a far left agenda to destroy America, Capitalism and life in the developed world as we know it.

One trillion dollars? Why not just say one zillion? And its funny to me, this list of demands seems pretty close to the cuff of the Osama Agenda until the midterms put the breaks on his four year "Destroy The Country" plan.

Nobody except a delusional, anti american bloodsucker could possibly compare this drivel to anything the tea party has advocated.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 02:23:21 PM »
That anyone can support these demands is clear evidence of a disconnect from reality and sanity, in other words, these demands represent liberalism unhinged.

These demands= All part of a far left agenda to destroy America, Capitalism and life in the developed world as we know it.

One trillion dollars? Why not just say one zillion? And its funny to me, this list of demands seems pretty close to the cuff of the Osama Agenda until the midterms put the breaks on his four year "Destroy The Country" plan.

Nobody except a delusional, anti american bloodsucker could possibly compare this drivel to anything the tea party has advocated.

I disagree with some of your statements...some of these concerns have merit and some of these goals should be implemented...not exactly in the way in which they would want it....but these goals could be advantageous to us..care to go over them one by one?

Demand one....institute a living wage.....this could be implemented and this idea does have SOME merit...I agree with you that there are other factors involved just as you mentioned but lets face it..the minimum wage should be at least $10.00...this way at least a guy working in fast food could conceivably live on his own and pay rent....

However I do agree with you that certain other things would have to happen as well for this to come to fruition..such as dealing with the dumping of cheap goods here and taking China to task for devaluing its currency...but instituting a living wage of $10 bucks an hour would help the poor...at the same time however, these persons should be placed back on the tax rolls

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 04:16:43 PM »
The tea party and Wall STreet protesters should join forces against GOV/Wall