Author Topic: Blog from an Occupy Austin participant. Is she really serious?  (Read 2173 times)

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Blog from an Occupy Austin participant. Is she really serious?
« on: October 08, 2011, 03:50:48 PM »
The truths we can no longer ignore.
by Cody Wilder on Saturday, October 8, 2011 at 3:11pm

Ok America, yes this includes YOU, let me be very direct with you. It has become increasingly evident that we can no longer continue this way of life. Every day more and more people realize this but not very many people know how to approach it. they'll say, "What difference could I make?" or "Why should I care?" People are beginning to take action all over the nation. Most of them don't know if it will make a difference, and it's beautiful. They've come to realize that trying and failing is better than not trying at all, and it has caused me to regain my faith in humanity. There are a few key points I'd like to address.

First, over 2,000,000 people are starving on this planet, living on less than $2 a day, and its disgusting. It's inhumane to turn a blind eye to that, especially considering the fact that there's no excuse for it besides they don't have access to work. There is no scarcity of food, we could easily feed everyone on this planet 2 times fold. The problem with the world is that we have to work to earn money in order to attain the necessities of life. Now, up until about a hundred years ago, this wasn't that big of an issue because there was plenty of work to go around, now there isn't and we can't hope to, and shouldn't have to, find jobs for every person in the world. Which brings me to my second point.

We are in a economic-technological stand still. In simple terms, this means that society has basically halted the process of using machines to replace human labor. This makes sense, only if we wish to keep this socio-economic system afloat. Machines already do about 80% of labor that could be done by people every day to earn a pretty penny. Around the time we started using simple machines to preform everyday tasks, we felt a certain love for that. Why? Because simply by using our brain we made life easier. Now, jump forward a few hundred years. machines are no longer limited to simple tasks, we've combined their ability to maximize work with minimal energy, with computers for hundreds times the processing ability, thinking capacity, and efficiency. But then arose the issue...

See, people need jobs to earn money, to pay for the necessities of life, but when machines and computers take up so much of the work being done, there are no longer enough jobs to go around. Continuing to allow computers and machines to work for us is in no way profitable as it narrows the margin of work that people could do in order to receive pay. Now, take this into consideration. Not only are we losing more jobs every day to machines, but the world population is skyrocketing. This leaves us with two very obvious options and it's crucial that every human being understands what it means to choose one.

Option one - We continue trying to stall mechanical labor, in order to ensure that there are jobs to go around so people can work for money just to survive, as is the age old tradition. This is impossible to maintain unless we take steps BACKWARD in evolution and do away with mechanical labor, which is the only sure way of creating jobs, also ensuring less efficiency in everyday products.

OR...

Option two - We realize that we can no longer postpone our evolution process as a race and COMPLETELY eradicate the need for money to purchase things just to keep us alive. If this we're to happen we could allow machines and computers to do over 95% of human labor, with increased speed, efficiency, etc. We can truly free ourselves from the lifestyle we are so used to that is "work to survive" and focus on things that are truly important to raise the standard of living for EVERY HUMAN BEING ON THE PLANET.

What's fair about 1% of people having well beyond what they need to survive while the rest of us scrape by with the bare minimum?

Now you know. You see, we don't need money to survive. We need food, water, shelter, and the intelligent management of our planet's resources. That's it. If you wish to argue, please, be my guest. I'd LOVE to be proven wrong on this matter. The truth is, there is no other alternative. Please share this, like this, pass it on and let everyone know that we can no longer live like this. There is an answer. Check out "The Venus Project" to see what can/should be.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Blog from an Occupy Austin participant. Is she really serious?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 03:54:40 PM »
lol @ throw away all the money in the world and things will work fine.

why didn't we think of this sooner?

just as delusional as the far-right "civil war 2... let's shut down the govt" group.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 04:05:20 PM »
I like it and agree. I've thought this same thing numerous times. I'm just not sure how close we are to being fully automated, or where the 80 percent figure comes from.

Remember when you were a kid in school and robots were discussed as the things of the future? Such as a society where no one had to work? It might have seemed preposterous at the time, but look at the changes that have occurred since. 

My brother in law is a neurosurgeon and he was telling me that robots are even performing brain surgery. Brain surgery! If we can get robots to do that, surely we can use them for lesser things.

In the next 50 years, provided we don't blow ourselves into oblivion or rape the planet irrevocably, will see changes the likes of which you cannot now imagine nor comprehend. Of course, the sad part of human nature is greed, and someone will try to set things up so that they reserve an inordinate amount of power.

Our true evolutionary functions, as human beings, is to grow in empathy. It's the only solution, and the only chance we've got to continue as a species and evolve into something else. Otherwise, let's just pack it in and revert to Hobbes' 'state of nature', because every day, and especially from what I see on here, that is where a lot of people want to go.

All revolutionary ideas look ridiculous at first. You think money itself wasn't scoffed at in its introduction. Think about that for a while. A barter system that had existed for century after century, and suddenly some guy wants to start using 'valuable metals' as a trading chip. Must have been thought a nutjob for quite some time.
G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2011, 04:41:32 PM »
Another questionable statistic is how many people die from hunger each year.

It is closer to SIX MILLION, nearly all children. However, it is true we could easily feed them. We just choose not to, because some people and nations feel it is necessary to stockpile resources they will never use.

We still live in the dark ages, in case it has escaped your notice.
G

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2011, 04:45:03 PM »
Of course it wont happen but she is right and a good thought but its not very realistic

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2011, 04:52:33 PM »
So we feed everybody and then we overpopulate and all die?
L

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 04:55:45 PM »
Is that seriously what you took from the reading?

Your pro-human starvation then?

How very Christian of you.
G

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 05:01:03 PM »

??? are you serious was that what you got from this?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 05:17:05 PM »
First, over 2,000,000 people are starving on this planet, living on less than $2 a day, and its disgusting. It's inhumane to turn a blind eye to that, especially considering the fact that there's no excuse for it besides they don't have access to work. There is no scarcity of food, we could easily feed everyone on this planet 2 times fold. The problem with the world is that we have to work to earn money in order to attain the necessities of life. Now, up until about a hundred years ago, this wasn't that big of an issue because there was plenty of work to go around, now there isn't and we can't hope to, and shouldn't have to, find jobs for every person in the world. Which brings me to my second point.

You don't work..u don't fucking eat. I'm not a bleeding heart like you. You don't earn you don';t have the right to anything. Machines have nothing to do with it. This is borderline ct.
L

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 05:26:14 PM »
As I said before, OVERPOPULATION is the root of every single man-made Financial, Environmental and Social problem.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 05:40:39 PM »
LOL at this tard having the time to think of this bull shit and then create a blog on a computer and talking about "getting by on the bare minimum"

this fuck doesnt know what the bare minimum is...

The rant should be revised to say manual labor...I am not in any danger of having my job taken over by a machine.

Maybe they should have positioned themself accordingly especially since they apparently have these nostrodamus like abilities ::)

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 06:01:38 PM »

You don't work..u don't fucking eat. I'm not a bleeding heart like you. You don't earn you don';t have the right to anything. Machines have nothing to do with it. This is borderline ct.
OK. Should we put the kids starving to death to work then? I bet dollars to doughnuts they would work for slave wages if given the chance.

How do you even claim to be a Christian? You claim a 'work ethic' is more important than children eating?

You are such a dickhead. Everyone on here knows it. Go fvck yourself.
G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 06:04:09 PM »

Look at this commie loser. Sucking off the government. If Jesus were alive today, he would blow his brains out.
G

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 06:06:32 PM »
Look at this lazy bum. Hey, fuck him. He doesn't wanna work, so he doesn't get to eat.

That's how Jesus rolled. I learned it in church while I was hating the Muslims and liberal retards.
G

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2011, 06:07:41 PM »
OK. Should we put the kids starving to death to work then? I bet dollars to doughnuts they would work for slave wages if given the chance.

How do you even claim to be a Christian? You claim a 'work ethic' is more important than children eating?

is it to much to ask that ppl that dont have the ability to take care of children not have children?

I mean thats pretty fucking reasonable right?

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 06:08:16 PM »
As I said before, OVERPOPULATION is the root of every single man-made Financial, Environmental and Social problem.
No shit, Einstein. How do we address the problem of the suffering TODAY?

Do you see every problem in the world as a chance to show off how super smart YOU are or do you really want to solve them, any of them?

You're such a dick anymore.
G

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 06:55:29 PM »

[/quote

I don't go to sleep worring about kids in 3rd world shitholes.  This isn't my problem, I have enough of my own. Your a whiny bitch lib...who would tread on the rights of every American to go feed this kid or threaten our continued future to make things fair for him. We're overpopulated as it is. Overpopulation leads to wars.
L

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 07:23:48 PM »
Im pretty sure africa must find there own way living on help from us just postpones the problems

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2011, 07:57:46 PM »
G

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 12:11:04 AM »
Gare= exposed himself as a whacked out marxist + delusional and brainwashed left wing automaton who thinks the world exists  in an imaginary text book written by the losers of the cold war and the remnants of hippies in the United States who still haven't found steady employment or a legitimate purpose in life after almost half a century.

Newsflash dickface: Inequality is part of the puzzle-- there will always be haves and have nots-- stealing money from the productive members of society ( and by contrast, the productive nations of the world) to funnel into an endless downward spiral of corruption and incompetence all in the name of social justice, does absolutely nothing except destroy capital and perpetuate the unfortunate plight of the unlucky souls who starve to death every day in the name of "compassion".

As a member of our military, I am frankly shocked and appalled that you have such a childish and inaccurate view of the world. Destroying the monetary system, wiping out debt for nothing in return, undoing what has been to this point the most fruitful and successful economic system the planet has ever known and actually suggesting that a return is made to "bartering" when 98% of the population has nothing to barter except manual labor and ass backwards ideas with no credibility like you and the other morons infesting Wall Street with malaria, goes to show me that you, and everyone like you is a cancerous wart on the soul of our society.

I have a much better plan than the hodge podge of horse manure emanating from the hollow depths of your empty milk carton of a skull.  You and the rest of the cockroaches squatting on Wall Street should band together, take the money given to you by your parents and George Soros (instead of demanding that my money and the rest of the productive members of society finance your homoerotic trip into mental retardation)+ at long last build your own Noah's arc out of biodegradable materials. Now, should most of you survive the seabound journey without using the evil tools of capitalism such as navigation, vaccination and prepackaged food, you should all make it across the Atlantic ocean and into Greenland. At that point those of you who are still alive should colonize the arctic and attempt to implement your utopia of "empathy" ( since as you mentioned above, empathy is the next step in human evolution  ::) ) and anti capitalism.

The rest of us left behind the whirlwind of this great revolution will continue working for a living and making fun of you shit stains.

Let us know how everything works out.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 05:53:49 AM »
Lol.   age of Aquarious. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 08:53:59 AM »

yeah, offer each young male in poor countries a pallet of rice, tuna, and a can opener in exchange for a quick vasectomy.

The no scalpel version, ball&burn, is done in 5 minutes and with minimal cost.  The food will make them happy for a year.

In 25 years, the population of that region would probably be HALF.  And it'd be a productive half that would be building houses, bridges, and starting industry, instead of breed, feed, and need.

of course, then you have the issue of "do we REALLY want africa and other regions getting caught up with us and stopping their ways?  Much tougher to exploit a region when their ppl have their shit together!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2011, 10:31:52 AM »
Gare= exposed himself as a whacked out marxist + delusional and brainwashed left wing automaton who thinks the world exists  in an imaginary text book written by the losers of the cold war and the remnants of hippies in the United States who still haven't found steady employment or a legitimate purpose in life after almost half a century.

Newsflash dickface: Inequality is part of the puzzle-- there will always be haves and have nots-- stealing money from the productive members of society ( and by contrast, the productive nations of the world) to funnel into an endless downward spiral of corruption and incompetence all in the name of social justice, does absolutely nothing except destroy capital and perpetuate the unfortunate plight of the unlucky souls who starve to death every day in the name of "compassion".

As a member of our military, I am frankly shocked and appalled that you have such a childish and inaccurate view of the world. Destroying the monetary system, wiping out debt for nothing in return, undoing what has been to this point the most fruitful and successful economic system the planet has ever known and actually suggesting that a return is made to "bartering" when 98% of the population has nothing to barter except manual labor and ass backwards ideas with no credibility like you and the other morons infesting Wall Street with malaria, goes to show me that you, and everyone like you is a cancerous wart on the soul of our society.

I have a much better plan than the hodge podge of horse manure emanating from the hollow depths of your empty milk carton of a skull.  You and the rest of the cockroaches squatting on Wall Street should band together, take the money given to you by your parents and George Soros (instead of demanding that my money and the rest of the productive members of society finance your homoerotic trip into mental retardation)+ at long last build your own Noah's arc out of biodegradable materials. Now, should most of you survive the seabound journey without using the evil tools of capitalism such as navigation, vaccination and prepackaged food, you should all make it across the Atlantic ocean and into Greenland. At that point those of you who are still alive should colonize the arctic and attempt to implement your utopia of "empathy" ( since as you mentioned above, empathy is the next step in human evolution  ::) ) and anti capitalism.

The rest of us left behind the whirlwind of this great revolution will continue working for a living and making fun of you shit stains.

Let us know how everything works out.

Post of the year. What a naive fool. We play that "let's feed the starving game" every year with Somalia, to the tune of something like $400 million. Guess what? They're still fucking starving.

What a bunch of stupid fucks living in fantasy land. It's embarrassing.

Freeborn126

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 06:28:58 AM »
The United States has given more foreign aid over the years than any other country.  When you work and pay our ridiculously high income taxes that is charity right there. 

Allowing the government to steal 1/3 of your hard-earned paycheck in order to spend $400 million in Somalia, or pay for the medicare/medicaid/Welfare/Social Security is more charity than half of these unemployed liberals would ever give. 

Live free or die

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2011, 04:08:21 PM »
The United States has given more foreign aid over the years than any other country.  When you work and pay our ridiculously high income taxes that is charity right there. 

Allowing the government to steal 1/3 of your hard-earned paycheck in order to spend $400 million in Somalia, or pay for the medicare/medicaid/Welfare/Social Security is more charity than half of these unemployed liberals would ever give. 

I have been called commie many times by the neo-cons in here but i support this all the way